z

Young Writers Society

Comment, please. I want Feedback.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm
View Likes
PurpleMoment says...

I wold like to write a short story. With a deaf character. Does that hold any merit or interest for anyone? Thoughts?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm
Alvarin says...

Welcome to YWS :)
I think it would be interesting, since you have personal experience of it, but I can't really say anything more if you don't tell me anything about the plot.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm
PurpleMoment says...

True. I don't have a plot. But it is an interesting not-so-typical character attribute. So I wanted peoples' opinions. But true. A character can't hold the story by itself. There has to be a good plot. Thanks :)

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 pm
Starleene says...

Purple! This is really ironic! I was just about to send you a message saying you should dabble in short stories! You poetry already tells a story so it's not so far fetched to want to write a longer version.
I love the idea of a deaf MC, and I think that it would appeal to a lot of readers in the deaf community, but as Alvarin said, you have to have a great plot. I can already see this story coming to life and if you need any help, let me know and I'll be glad to shoot you some pointers.
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm
Caesar says...

Sounds like a good idea! But you really should think about plot and setting.

Alllso this is the wrong forum for this! Unless, that is, you wish to write a storybook and not a short story. Try the Writer's Corner! Or your wall xD Those forums aren't often checked, I fear. Or maybe they are and I'm just the one that doesn't.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm
Cole says...

PurpleMoment, I have a significant hearing deficiency and wear hearing aids, so if you have any questions about the hard-of-hearing/deaf world, let me know.

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara