z

Young Writers Society

Is anyone familiar with any part of the Rocky Mountains?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am
kaiden says...

I'm writing a story that has a city built inside the Rocky Mountains somewhere, unfortunately I don't really know much about the Rocky Mountains or any of it's landmarks or cities. I ask of you, no, I beg of you to please tell me of any good locations for me to write about. I prefer it to be in the United States and on the side facing the Great Plains. Heck, even in places in Canada would be awesome.

Even cities or lakes nearby would be awesome so I can use that when mapping out my area for my story. The locations kind of play a huge role as my story involves a lot of travelling. At the very least, you could throw names at me and I will do the rest by looking it up on Google and finding the distance from one place to another, etc etc.

I would be so grateful for any help that you could give me. Thank you.

p.s. another question, would it actually be possible to build a city inside a mountain? I'm talking like an actual place where people live and work. It won't be like New York or anything. More like Moria with less amazing architect, and certainly no Balrog. :P So there's a network of tunnels and it's basically a city engraved into the mountains. It won't be huge, just something to house several thousand people. I guess I should mention that mankind is in the rebuilding process after the world nearly killed them all and the city was mankind's last effort to preserve them itself.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm
Caesar says...

'M afraid I can't help you with that. However, try the Ask an Expert thread or the Writer's Corner for (possibly) more answers.

This is more of a forum to discuss SB ideas, and unless I've missed something (which happens like always), this is for a novel, not an SB.

Hopefully this was slightly more helpful.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 am
kaiden says...

Okay thanks I'll do that instead.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart