z

Young Writers Society

Find me a Storybook

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm
Rydia says...

I thought I might grab your attention by posting here. So. Ahoy fellow storybookers!

Some of you may know me, others may not, but I'm one of the people who mods the Lit. Misc. section of the site. That includes storybooks in case you're not sure ;)

There's been a big rise in activity in this section which is great because it means more storybooks and more fun! More storybooks can also mean that some get over looked though because they don't manage to get enough people to join them.

The idea of this thread is I'm looking for a storybook, one that's maybe short on those all important members or one that's been running for a bit but is starting to fade now and could use another character to spice things up.

All you need to do is tell me why I ought to join your storybook and whoever's the most convincing gets me. Maybe a sob story about it being your first storybook and how you really hoped it would be good or maybe by telling me about the storybook itself and hope it blows me away. We're all writers so we all know the tricks of the trade and nothing is out of bounds. You can even try to bribe me with cookies ;)

As an extra incentive, you get to choose who my character is. If you need a male, I'll play a male. If you need a ninety year old crazy guy who finds toilet jokes hilarious, then you'll get him. Whatever. I like to challenge myself as an author and this is one of those fun ways of doing so.

As for others out there also looking for that special storybook, one where they know it's going to be good or that its creator is willing to fight tooth and nail to keep it alive. Well maybe this thread's purpose will extend beyond me finding somewhere to join.

Who knows. All we can do is wait and find out ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Ohai Rydia! I'd love for you to join this, so I'll be trying all of the tactics mentioned! ;)

*sob* I thought I had the members I needed *sob* but then two people dropped out! *sob* Now the SB lacks other sources of conflict *sob* which is why... why... I came here to ask for you to join. *wipes away fake tear* I'd be ever so grateful if you did.

The SB, as you can see, is set in a scifi land, revolving around Phantom Industries and AetherCorps epic struggle to seize the Legendary cards and either doom the world or ensure it's survival. The tools of this struggle are AetherCards, crafted by a great polymath and capable of untold feats if used properly. (most of it is in the gdoc).

I would appreciate it if you took a female mercenary for AetherCorps/male mercenary for Phantom Industries. And I'm fairly sure I have a box of cookies somewhere... with maybe tea.

Enjoy! ;)
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan