z

Young Writers Society

SBing, hardcore.

New SB ideas

An SB dealing with a corrupt government in a medieval-ish society (magic is a possibility). It deals with the advent of a powerful secret society, creating a banking system with credit to gain economical presence (like the Templars) then going on to possible world domination
6%
A more Modern Warfare/Killzone style SB focusing on a group of jaded bounty hunters employed by a mysterious character with dark goals. This SB would focus a lot on character development.
29%
An SB set in a dystopic modern era where a land (insert name here) is dominated by characters with Black morality, so all villains. Many plots can intersect here, and it can make for an interesting SB.
41%
A more light-hearted SB inspired by Walter Moer's "The City of Dreaming Books" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_Dreaming_Books), but with magically gifted humans instead of monsters. It would focus on a group of bounty hunters competing to obtain perilous and highly valued books, working for various rich literature-loving benefactors
No votes
Something else entirely
24%

Total votes : 17

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:36 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

*please note voting has ended for this poll. If you wish to join the dystopic SB voted for, do PM me*

Hey guys.
You may or may not have heard of me. Hopefully - based on what others say of me - you haven't.
Of late, I've seen many SB's flood YWS. They're cool and all, certainly popular. I'm not one to criticize them: I've joined most of them, if not all. I don't dislike them by any means whatsoever.
But I still think that other, different (not better, mind you) quality SB's can be created. Original, unusual, and so on. This would be a serious commitment though. So if you feel the same way as I do, then please do get back to me.
Last edited by Caesar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 pm
Crow29 says...

Crow29, showing support. It would be good to get some really good SBs up.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 pm
Satan says...

Considering I actually have yet to seriously participate in an SB (all the ones I joined never actually got off the ground), I would most certainly be interested. I'm not all that great at creating roleplays, but I'm good at joining 'em.
frickdamn, son.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 am
Threnody says...

Hey! I love Storybooks and after being a member and avid Storybooker for 4 years I have yet to find the perfect formula for a great storybook that has really good writing and longevity. Sometimes a a storybook with a really basic idea will get off the ground simply because of the ease and versatility of the plot line. However these usually dissolve into one-liner posts between two characters who are in love. The more in depth storybooks sometimes don't succeed because writers get turned off by its complexity. One of the best storybooks I joined, that had the most potential, really stressed communication between its writers. As in constant messaging, emailing, and tossing around ideas and drafts before finally making the post. This one died, I think, because it took itself WAY too seriously and the commitment level needed simply couldn't be met.

I'd love to toss around some ideas regarding what sort of balance can be achieved and what other people think an ideal storybook should be like.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm
Caesar says...

Hey guys. I've met most of you, so I know you can certainly pull this off.

Satan - that's fine, we'll be creating together

Threnody - I'm thrilled to see you showed up here. Sadly, the most popular SB's at the moment aren't so high-quality, but, for reasons you yourself listed, are quite popular. However, I believe some level of commitment is needed, though a more light-hearted SB can also be an idea.
Got me some polls, voting would be appreciated. The 'Something Else' poll is also cool, don't worry. I have many more ideas up my sleeve, these were just drafts which can and should be modified.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

Hey Ita! I was actually just thinking about starting a SB myself, but lacked an idea. So, this is quite fortunate :) I'll certainly help out in any way, shape, or form. I voted for the dystopian one, because frankly, being bad is fun.
But, I think a light-hearted, maybe whimsical SB would be enjoyable as well. The last idea up there seems pretty cool. It sounds like an opportunity to bring out all kinds of wacky characters- like, orange eyes, purple hair, cat ears, the whole nine yards. :D
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 pm
Caesar says...

The whole twenty, if so you feel like it.
We'll see what kicks off.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 am
noninjaes says...

Is the MTG SB still on hold?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm
Caesar says...

This is not the place.

And no, it's not. Post as much as you'd like

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 am
untameabletiger says...

Showing support! I really like your ideas, especially the second one. :D

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:06 pm
Caesar says...

Hey.... tiger ( ;) )... sadly this poll is closed and the SB created and full.

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper