z

Young Writers Society

Got Me Some Ideas Here

Which one would you be most interested in?

13%
40%
No votes
13%
33%

Total votes : 15

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Though I'm sure this summer is going to be one of the most stressful for me, I want a long lasting project that will keep me busy when I'm off procrastinating. So, I've been brainstorming a bunch of SBs and have no possible clue which one to go with (and some I just need more suggestions). This is where you come in. I need opinions. Which one would you join and which sounds the most interesting? Whichever I get more 'votes' on, I'm going to go with.

1. Werewolf. I'm not talking about the cheesy Twilight version of these sick creatures; I'm talking about the over possessive, over obsessive over dominance and their caste structure, hot tempered beasts that aren't as showed up in today's fiction. Now, that doesn't mean they're completely monsters, and they won't stick to that 'full moon' rule or whatever.
What I was thinking was something along the line of one pack, made of maybe four or five key members including the Alpha, coming into contact with a brother-sister pair of rogues who are amnesiac. I guess the plot would be about discovering their dark identities and trying to find a way to deal with it (that and I was planning on the Alpha sort of ending up as the mate of the sister and then someone else for the brother, but I don't want the whole thing to be about the romance issue), but I'm open to suggestions as well.

2. Greek mythology spin-off (in other words, a demigod SB). I'm not sure about a plot yet, though I have a few ideas, but I'm certain that the rise of the titans is not the way to go. That's gotten a little too cliche and I don't want people to get bored with this. Maybe there's a revolt against the gods (not stealing your idea of Juggernaughts, MM; I'm just piggy backing an idea of my own), or someone finally realizes how corrupt the gods are and strikes against them with good intentions. *shrugs* Once again, open to suggestions.

3. I could try and bring back Haven or Secrets Left Unknown (two of my older, failed SB's that never truly got past the beginning before dying out on me). I have a few different ideas to revise it so that it lasts a bit longer than last time, hopefully anyway...

4. Alien. Not your stereotypical green beings out to exterminate earth though. Well, they might be out to kill off the earth, but they're not green... I was thinking of around six humanoids that are dropped onto earth and left to complete a mission for their homeplanet's survival. The mission would probably be something along the lines of scouting out the resources and ability to inhabit or to offset the balance of peace and power to prepare for an invasion. Though, I was thinking maybe a few would have a change of heart and come back and try to save the planet. I mean, I'd rather not blow up my planet just yet. I'm still kind of on it...

5. A possible spin-off of The Most Dangerous Game. A handful of people would be abducted (instead of involved in the crashing of their ship as I believe it is in the story) and forced into a dome-like structure with only one word of advice "Get to the manor, alone." Basically, everyone has to kill each other or devise a way to make it to the manor together.

So, if you managed to read through all of that, please vote and post what you would be most interested in as well. It would make things easier for me when I decide on which one due to the feedback. Note that none of these ideas would be set into play until the middle of June at the latest.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm
View Likes
zohali93 says...

Your thing has no choices...unless we're suppose to choose random number.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

82 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 pm

The context is numbered, lol.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

53 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm
View Likes
zohali93 says...

Where would other non-existing creatures go? Like fairies and stuff.

Maybe you could do one about *fill in type of person/animal* are hunting down Fairies. Not those kidy faireis you see. Maybe ...........
Fairies(Or tiny people or something) Team up with a human(Or anything) One is a giant to the other.......
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

82 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Hm. Maybe.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

53 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm
View Likes
zohali93 says...

I'll come back later for more brainstorming.

Reviews: 3
Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 pm
thebookworm says...

I like #5. I think it would be interesting and I would totally join, as I've read it. There's a couple things I would change though.: )
"The one thing I regret about reading is not being able to live the lifes and adventures of the characters. Maybe that's why I want to write; to create a story that somebody else would want to live."- Me

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu May 17, 2012 5:17 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

What about the Heaven one? Don't know much about it, but I'd jump into anything with Christian mythology.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

82 Reviews

Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am
View Likes

Um, it's Haven. It's actually about a gang of criminals. But you've given me another idea...
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289