Caesar says...

Lol. Of course. I kid. It's just that I've also recieved plenty critique
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat May 12, 2012 9:54 am
ScarlettFire says...

Crow29 wrote:Yeah, I have looked, and please don't take offence that I didn't join but it just wasn't for me. I have started one in the past but only 3 other people joined, so that kinda flunked.

That's fine; there's none taken. I didn't expect you to join, I was just letting you know that it was there.

As for ideas, I see you've been talking Sith and stuff. What about the Jedi side? Maybe you can go back even further? Or rewrite the story like Celtica and I are doing in Potterbook?

Anyway, I hope you have some success with this!

~Scar.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 am
Crow29 says...

Thanks Scar, and don't worry, there can easily be a Jedi side too. My only concern is that, when it comes down to it, characters are going to have to be killed and one side will have to win. If everyone is on one side, it's less likely to devolve into tit-for-tat fighting between people who don't want to be killed off.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 pm
Caesar says...

True... or we can prolong the fight, have one side win, the others escape and flee into hiding, angst and stuff, searching, prophecy, end of the bad guys, or betrayals and stuff. Possibly both. Lol.
Or we can have the Sith just begun, and the SB focuses on their rise to power and the hardships they must endure. Clan squabblings and stuff, the founding of the banking clan and trade federation, and so on.

29 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2012 3:46 pm
View Likes
Crow29 says...

Sorry Illumist, the Trade Fed. didn't exist for about another nine thousand years. Always problematic, I find.
It might prove to be better to have the sith as already existing, but biding their time in hiding as their strength grows ie: the sith seen in the Old Republic (the new MMO I would play if I had more money and less homework).
Also, what role could Jedi play in an SB about sith. They could be preparing for war, perhaps if an old master has foreseen conflict, or perhaps it would be a few jedi hunting the sith throughout the galaxy. It'd be good to get a more balanced load of ideas, as we're thinking mostly about the dark (cool) side.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 13, 2012 4:14 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

The precursors of it, then?
Maybe... I have no idea. It's up to you

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 14, 2012 1:07 pm
View Likes
TyrantOfWar says...

Or the Sith could forgo the traditional big battles and use the guerilla warfare/assassin tactics the Sith use in KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic).
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

29 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 pm
Crow29 says...

I'm not even going to tell you how much I want to slap you right now. Open warfare is much more fun.
Still, the point of this DT is suggestions. Until now the Illumist is the only one who seems to have made any. I guess I will forgo the slap as repayment.

5 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

I thought it was a reasonable suggestion!
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 14, 2012 5:33 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Hey Tyrant, Crow doesn't really mean that. He's just a hardcore fan and rather pedantic, by his own admission.
Also, we could mix open warfare and guerrilla tactics.
Ooor... new idea!: After the fall of Sidious, the jedi re-form, with Luke as grandmaster. But so do the Sith. A story about the silent struggle between the ultimate pinnacles of power.

5 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

I am also a hardcore fan, as Crow would agree (even as highly cynical as he is).

Secondly, I think that is a good idea, but however after talking to Crow I think he has a idea himself. I do not know what it is, so we are going to have to wait.
Swallow up your greed,

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

*sigh* He never spoke to me... oh well. I'll wait

29 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm
Crow29 says...

Yeah, sorry Illumist I only had this idea at lunchtime today.
The basic thought would be that we have a small group of jedi and a small group of Sith (both could have theoretically infinite numbers of reinforcements). On top of that, SB'ers have the option of becoming a bounty hunter, who can then choose to be hired by either party.
Also, if we ended up having jedi and sith fighting over something (eg: a power source or special crystal, you know) then a bounty hunter could potentially be going after it for their own aims.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm
Caesar says...

Hm... might be interesting, might be engaging. I worry about the originality, though

Spoiler! :
Did you get my PM?

29 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 4:33 pm
View Likes
Crow29 says...

Spoiler! :
Yes, I got your PM

That was my concern. I thought the mercenary idea was okay though, but a bit pointless if everyone wants to be a merc. Still, waging guerilla war on the Republic could be a cover for something bigger and more sinister- and yes Tyrant, I said guerilla war. But I mean it as in just arriving at a Republic planet, annexing it, and then moving on to attack in a different sector of the galaxy.

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening