SB'ing for beginners

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Hello, all.
This will (hopefully) help you newbies create more engaging SB's (Story Boards, of course) and post better if you join one.
Firstly, if you wish to create one, let me start by saying it's very easy. All you need to do are follow these basic steps:
1) Make it engaging- nobody likes a boring SB, therefore nobody will join. Make the idea original, something that hasn't been done. Or at least, something that's geared towards stuff others will like. What, you ask? I have no idea! That's up to you :smt002
2) Make it clear- once you have your idea, make sure it's comprehensible. Explain the plot clearly, and, if there are any, the antagonist's role, and the goal of the two or more factions, once again if there are any. Cover all loopholes, especially if your SB has magic. Be sure to specify the rules (eg. 'No godmodding'; 'no Sues'; and so on). And also, of course, the character templates. The age, the gender, the personality, the history, and anything else you think is relevant.

If you wish to join an SB, that's even easier. Just make sure you read the rules carefully. When it comes to creating a character, meet all the demands required. If they ask for details, then details.
Also, it would be a good idea to spell-check before posting.

PM me if you have any questions, chew me out if I did something wrong. Hope this helped :D
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda