z

Young Writers Society

Good Idea? Need an opinion.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 pm
View Likes
pandacary says...

So I had this idea for an SB, but I've never made one on here so I need an opinion.

We're all familiar with the fairy tales like Little Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel and all of those others things. Everything that ends in Happily Ever After. But what happens after that? And what happens when two stories collide? My part in this SB would be the character Kato, the son of the Big Bad Wolf who was killed in Little Red Riding Hood. How many people knew he had a family? How many people cared? None. No one. Kato, now an almost fully grown Wolf, struggles to live in a world where he is despised and isolated from everyone around him except a small Rat named Apollo.

I had an idea for another character but I'd prefer it to be played by another person. Basically this story will consist of either what happens after the words 'Happily Ever After' and what the true story may be behind those words. It can revolve around the main character or around a character that is not fully understood. I also had the concept that it could be taking place during someone's own idea of a fairy tale- of course that'd need to be addressed to me beforehand. The characters in the stories would cross-pollinate and live in the same world, the same kingdom; just taking place at different parts of it.

So what do you guys think, huh?
Nerdfighters UNITE! DFTBA!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am
View Likes
Alz says...

There was one like this before Christmas that I was part of. It didn't really get anywhere, but I still love the whole concept. I would definitely be in.
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:59 am
volleyball13 says...

That sounds like it would be a really good story if enough work was put into it. :D
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
Walt Disney

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:45 am
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Sounds cool! Wanna PM me if you do it? ;)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 am
starrgazer says...

I would love to join this storybook :) Classics with a twists always intrigue me and if you ever do get around to starting this (awkward if you already have), shoot me a pm so I can join :)
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm
PixieStix says...

I would join! sounds like a great idea. Shoot me a PM. :)
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies