z

Young Writers Society

Would anyone be into this?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:00 pm
ridersofdamar says...

So I had an idea for a storybook, and I wanted to gather support before creating it.

The idea revolves around a group that call themselves The Ghosts. This organization has been around for centuries, and has played a major part in keeping the world running correctly. They were involved in the crusades,and both World Wars, giving false information to the side that would do the most harm, and working behind the scenes to take out leaders. They were the ones who killed Hitler, even if that isn't the way its taught in school. They are assassins, and they give up their life to serve the world as a whole.

They have an enemy, the Templar. They follow the old ideas of the Catholic Church (those present around the Crusades) and even though their organization was 'destroyed' they work behind the shadows as well, controlling the government in ways that the Ghosts never would. Where as the Ghosts promote peace, the Templar seek to control through any means necessary. Naturally, the Ghosts don't like this.

The story itself would involve the Templars developing new technology (not sure what yet, but I'm working on that) that allows them to find the Ghosts and take them out. In the past ten years over a quarter of the 300 Ghosts world wide have been killed. The writers would be the sons or daughters of Ghosts and one day, while their parents (who are ghosts) are away, agents come to their house, and urgently ask them to go with them for their own safety. The writers would then learn their heritage and start to train, and then events will escalate and the writers are forced to take matters into their own hands to stop the templars.

I was hoping it would be a more serious storybook, that was accurate as far as the human ability to do things, the way you go about conducting an underground war, but 'fantastic' in many of the elements involved.

Would anyone join?
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 am
TexanWriter says...

I would, depending on if and when it started. I'm going to be gone for a few weeks, but if it started mid-May I'd definitely join, or join in later.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

Reviews: 3

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I would.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

504 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 504
Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:43 am
View Likes
Kafkaescence says...

Oh, definitely. Sounds great.
#TNT

WRFF

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

I would
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

I would too.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 pm
roostangarar says...

Templars is a bit cliched, isn't it? Pretty much the plot of the Assassins Creed games. Does sound fun though.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 pm
Saga97 says...

Ohh yeah I would join
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 am
ToritheMonster says...

I would be so in. The Knights Templar were real arses.

Would we be allowed to be Templars? Or maybe just one or two of us? I have this mad awesome idea for a character.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 am
ToritheMonster says...

Also, if you want to keep the storybook serious and free of God-modding, I would make the process to get in more selective. Like by application or something.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung