z

Young Writers Society

May the odds be ever in your favour.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:20 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You are a tribute, by volunteering or by chance, to the 100th Hunger Games. (Yes, I know that doesn't make chronological sense, just think of it as another dimension. )

First Posts:
The first posts will be the selection process, and how you finally got to the hotel in the Capitol.

Characters:
All the player characters will be tributes from the 12 districts, but there will only be one player character (PC) per district (or less), allowing me to kill NPCs (Non-Player Characters) during the course of the storybook. A district list and description can be found here:

http://hungergamesfanclubsite.wordpress ... summaries/

The Arena:
At the point of entrance I will draw and post a map, until then the tributes won't know what it looks like.

The Games Master (A.K.A. me):
I will be able to stear individual characters for the purpose of fairness only, other than that I will control gifts from outside, and will control traps and all NPCs.

Character Template:
Name:
District:
Physical Description (including strength and dexterity etc.):
Skills:
Mentality (fears etc):
Anything else:
This is a guide only, try to include these but structure it how you will.

Rules:
No modeling after real Hunger Games Characters.
Romance allowed, but no nudity.
Don't kill of P.C.s without asking permission.
If you want to leave at any point, ask a PC to kill you off.
Swearing allowed in moderation for realism.
No God like powers! (I.e. my character can jump like Yoda)
Post at least once weakly.
Keep posts in character.
Have fun! (Cliche alert)

Districts:
1-shinethroughthedark
2-kat13254
3-ConverseFireGirl
4-TinyJarStoredDreams-Leo-Tall, strong, willing to kill. Hansome. Quite cocky.
5-N/A
6-Tenyo-Ashrii Black-The pale, stone faced mechanic's apprentice.
7-Yubbies21-Birch Knoll-Angry, determined, forceful, strong, confident.
8-pandabear7-Brylee Nicholas-Smart, spunky, strong, wanderer, dramatic, ignorant, careful, curious, and bold.
9-Cheetah-Aviva Greene-5'5", strong willed, energetic, not easily caught, clever, resourceful.
10-EllaBliss-Celia Bell-Celia is a stealthy girl, skilled with a knife.
11-defyingravity01-Tressa Alodia-16 years old, Tall (approx 5'8"), slim, few curves, African American, waistlength long, straight black hair. (Usually pinned up).
12-timmyjake-Ally Ornastell-Brave, fast, intelligent, quiet, loner, tall, lean, hateful, trained, passionate, stupendous.
13-maleficent-Paisley Mane-Slim, near athletic figure, wavy brunette hair, cloudy grey eyes.
13-Zedderman-Marcus Smith (I think)-Mute psychopathic 12 year old cannibal.

Non-Player Characters
1-Hector Resuvus-Career. Trained in combat. Can run, swim, pole vault. Arrogant.
2-Blake Elipsion-Small, thin, pale olive skin, dark hair, dexterous, shy, will run from any fight if he can, highly intelligent.
3-Judas Hawthorne-Wiry, thin, pale, animal like fighter, looks slightly vampiric. Urchin.
4-Swann Erwin-Mouse like. Open for love interest esp. for protection in the arena.Brown hair, small, blue eyes.
5-Edward Reed-Handsome, intelligent. Electrician's apprentice. Poor fighter, but doesn't look it.
5-Annabetha Carn-Tall, thin, short haircut, fearsome. Good at throwing knives, darts etc.
6-Huck Sterling-Carpenter's son. Strong, practical, down to earth, Brown hair and eyes, large build.
7-Grandis Redpath-Massive, strong, ape like, manipulatable.
8-Joseph Unroe-Mayor's son. Peculiar. Eccentric. Sings loudly, wears strange hats etc. Has a room full of pet birds.
9-Stephan Jacques-Flirter. Handsome. Blond hair, toned body.
10-Alexander Grice-Beefy and kind. Had an accident at a young age, mentally deficient. A strong ally.
11-Indigo Severn-A small dangerous cold blooded killer. Fast, determined, forceful, manipulative. He bites.
12-Cleopatra Hearthstone-An 18 year old expert healer, daughter of a professional doctor. Black hair, mis-matched blue green eyes.

Feel free to incline these characters in your posts.
8-

Thirteen is still in a state of repair and so does not make anything yet.

Death:
This is the Hunger games. And it would be kinda pointless without death. So I will randomly decide the order of deaths as they arise, but also I will make a lower chance of death for those whose tactics are bbetter, like sleeping in a tree, not on the ground. I will pm those who have been selected for death, and they can write their death paragraph. No whining if you die. If you die you are still most welcome to post in the DT. If you don't post for ten days you will be killed of.
Last edited by TakeThatYouFiend on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 17 times in total.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

433 Reviews

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:33 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Last edited by TakeThatYouFiend on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:39 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Since it is the 100th Hunger games, that would make it a quarter quell, no?
beep

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 am
PiesAreSquared says...

Yes it would, something special for the quarter quell, @TakeThatYouFiend?
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

433 Reviews

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Yes, but unless the players add something, I will add a surprise in at some point. I have something planned for the end...

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:56 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

*Jumps like Yoda and runs away*

170 Reviews

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:41 pm
yubbies21 says...

As well, are you going to do a random picking of the names to see who dies in what order or are you just going to choose?
beep

433 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Yubbies, that would be telling...

433 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Right everyone, could you all give me a very basic description of your characters, shorter than ten words, and your district. PM me with them.

170 Reviews

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 am
yubbies21 says...

Sorry, I was just looking through the character sheets to get to know the characters....@kat13254 and @TakeThatYouFiend the oldest a tribute can be is 18, not 19. :) Everyone makes mistakes, it happens!
beep

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am
kat13254 says...

Oh I was thinking of a book where the computation is for ages 16-20, Sorry!
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:51 am
Gravity says...

[quote="yubbies21"]Sorry, I was just looking through the character sheets to get to know the characters....@kat13254 and @TakeThatYouFiend the oldest a tribute can be is 18, not 19. :) Everyone makes mistakes, it happens![/quote]

Where are the character sheets?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

170 Reviews

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 am
yubbies21 says...

The characters are in the sidebar @defyingrativy01 I just call them character sheets! :)
beep

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:12 pm
thegirlwhowrites says...

aw dangflabbit! is this closed?
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

433 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Sorry-yes. It's just too popular!

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming