z

Young Writers Society

Summer Lovin' - Started - Closed :)

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:09 am
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

It's been a week after Katrina left. I don't know why, but I felt lonely without her here. Maybe because she's the only one I ever talk about relationships with. Honestly, every time I take my phone out to call her, I just put it back in my bag. "Maybe she'll come for her birthday..." I stared up at the sky, sitting by Christian as he was laughing with the others.

"It's settled! Katrina is coming for her birthday." Everyone cheered out, laughing with each other. All I did was stare off at the distance. This bonfire is stupid... maybe because Katrina always make it fun?

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned to see who it was. "Are you alright?" P.J looked down at me, having a worrisome expression on his face.

"Yes, I'm fine..." I stood up, dusting off the blue sundress my mom bought me not too long ago. Mom and her way of making me feminine. I walked off to where the lake was. I stepped into the shallow part of the lake, letting my feet get cool and wet.

"What to get Katrina for her birthday... hmm... ah!" I remembered how Katrina loved it when I sang to her. She always loved my songs. Maybe, for the first time, she would like a song for her birthday? "Let's see..."

I closed my eyes, trying to figure out what melody to use for the song, and find the right words for the songs. I stared up at the moon, smiling to myself.

I breathed in for air in my lungs, then come out a beautiful melody and words.

"Even when you are gone,
you will always be in my heart.
Life is fun with you,
the times and moments we have,
is always filled with excitement.

No one can replace you,
my dear friend,
my dear partner,
my dear sis-"

I heard clapping from behind me. I turned, seeing Christian smiling as he clapped. Everyone else was standing behind him.

"How did you learn to sing like that?!" Tyler seemed surprised.

"U-Um.."
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 pm
NicoleBri says...

Katrina

After getting off the phone with Opal, I decided a nap was in dire need. Things kept going in and out of my mind... I didn't know what was going on with me. "Pregnant." Flew through my head a dozen times. "No freaking way!" I said aloud. Getting up, u started packing my clothes and all other stuff I brung back here. I needed my sister. Little did the others know, I'd be coming back a few days early.

On the drive there, I stopped by a convenient store that no one knew who I was. Buying a pregnancy test, I wanted to wait until I got there to try it. Questions started popping through my head, should I let Verine know? No. I argued with myself for a about an hour.

Finally, I arrived. I didn't know where everyone was, so I decided to make a run for it. No one was to know I arrived, at least not until I checked myself.

I opened the test and peed on the stick, once I got to the bathroom. I waited three minutes and looked at the stick. "No." I mumbled quietly. A tear escaped my eyes. Right then I felt the urge to throw up, so I bent over the toilet.

"Please no." I mumbled to myself.

Hearing cheery voices, I knew something was up. I slowly sat up and stood quietly. No one was to ever know I'm pregnant. This just couldn't happen. Hiding the test, I put it in my pocket. I walked out after I dried my eyes, Verine was standing there and my bags were all on the bed.

Immediately, I hugged her and started to cry. I needed someone and maybe she would be there for me no matter what, "I...I.. Must tell you something." I tell her in between tears.

"Tell me." She muttered.

"I'm... I am.... I'm pregnant." I tell her in a whisper.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

P.J.

Kat had come back and she was sure to bring a shit load more of drama. Hayden, Case, Ira, and I had laid out across the deck when we heard the sound of doors slamming. I sat up first then I was followed by Hayden. Katrina was back.

Hayden and I ran from the deck and into Kats room to find her crying into Verines arms. I signaled to V to meet us in the kitchen after and she nodded quickly. I walked back down a million thoughts dashing through my head. But one stuck out from the rest, what had Keith done this time?

I paced back and forth across the kitchen floor not caring about the concerned looks from Casey.

"I'm sure she is fine," Casey said trying to comfort me.

"Is she ever fine, no." I replied running a hand through my hair not caring how it looked anymore.

"Hey Peej, Kat wants you upstairs," V said from the stairs.

I wiggled out of Casey's arms and ran up the stairs, three steps at a time. I encased her in a hug and felt her body shake slowly.

"What happened?" I said softly bending down so I could look straight into her eyes.

She shuttered and handed me a stick from her pocket. I looked at it slowly to find it was a pregnancy test. I didn't even need to look if it was positive or not, I knew. I stood up feeling my body go cold.

"Was this Keith," I asked my voice going monotone.

She nodded.

"Does he know."

She shook her no.

I sighed and sat on her bed my body suddenly feeling heavy. I watched as Katrina sat beside me and laid her head in my lap. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly as she cried into my tee shirt. I watched Casey stop in the doorway and then cock her head to the side as if she was confused.

"Later," I mouthed to her pointing to the wreck that was Kat.

She nodded and I encased Katrina in a hug once more letting her get it all out.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:48 am
Ciblio says...

Christian

Katrina was back, that much was obvious. But why so early?

I made my way to Verine's room, because, well, she's my girlfriend, and I can if I want to.

"V, you in there?" I asked, as I knocked on the door.

There was a muffled sound, then PJ opened the door. "She's not in here. I think she went outside, or something."

The door shut, and I blew out some air from my nostrils.

Hmph.

I trotted down the stairs, and ran a hand through my hair. "Hey, Case."

She was sitting in the kitchen, her head in her hands. "..tell me why there's got to be some much drama now."

I hadn't talked to her since...a few days ago. Which was weird, cause we were best friends, and twins. We never went even an hour without talking, or checking up on each other.

"We're teens. What do you expect?" I slid into the chair next to her, and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"..so how are you and Verine?" She mumbled, sounding tired.

I smiled a bit, and flicked her hand. "We're good, we're good...you and PJ?"

Casey sighed, and propped her legs up on mine. "We're...pretty good."

"Why do you sound so bummed?" She turned her head to where it was facing me, but her head was still on my shoulder.

Case shrugged, and shriveled up her nose.

"Well, I gotta go find Verine. I'll talk to you later, alright?" I patted her head, and stood up, her legs falling back to the ground.

She nodded, and stayed in the same place, staring at her hands as I walked away.

I found V in the backyard, picking at the blades of grass.

"Pretty view, eh?" I sat down beside her, our shoulders slightly touching.

She seemed a bit startled, but then relaxed. "..yeah."

"Is Katrina okay?" I stared at my feet, and waited for her reply.

Verine shifted a bit, and pushed her short hair out of her face. "Not really as fine as I'd like her to be. Chris.."

My head snapped towards her face, and I studied her eyes. "What?"

She picked at her nail nervously, and I watched as her hair fell back in her face. "She's-"

I tilted my head, and pushed her hair back for her. "She's...?"

"P...P-p-p...p-pregnant." The words stuttered out, as a single tear trailed down her cheek, and dropped onto the ground, making the blade of grass shimmer a bit.

I was speechless.

You see? This is why you make sure you're using protection. Katrina isn't fit to have a baby. She could barely even control her feelings for other guys. Ah, dammit!

I wrapped my arms around her fragile body, and pulled her towards me.

How old was Katrina now? 17, or something? This wasn't right. That guy should never have come around here. This is our family home, for Christ sakes! Actually, Katrina should have never invited him over! She came here for a reason, and that reason was not so that she could get pregnant by some stupid low-life jerk!

Thinking of what I was supposed to do to calm myself down, I closed my eyes, and counted to 5.

"...Chris..are you alright?" I flicked my eyes back open, and found Verine staring up at me.

Putting on a smile, I nodded down at her once, and planted a kiss on her lips gently, earning a smile from her.

She soothed me, somehow. It's weird, I know, but she does.

I kissed her once more, and then held her, as we watched the waves of the ocean fight against the low breeze.
Last edited by Ciblio on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:36 pm
NicoleBri says...

Katrina

PJ kept hold of me for quite a while, it was great to feel my brothers hugs. "Why didn't you atlleast use protection, Kat?" He asked a little disappointed. "That's the thing, PJ, we did. I guess the condom broke." I tell him with tears coming to my eyes again. "Well I need to go find Verine." I tell him before getting up.

He nodded and got up also. Earlier Christian had come to find Verine so I know she had to be near.

I walked outside and had what felt like this six sense type thing. Verine wasn't feeling okay, and I could feel it. Why would everyone else be upset over something that they had nothing to do with? I walked out to where there was a perfect ocean view, there was Verine and Christian.

I could tell, Verine had told him that I was pregnant. I felt this sense of relief realizing that I wouldn't have to tell anyone because by tonight, well everyone would know. Even mother, which wasn't a good thing. At all.

"Why did you even invite Keith here in the first place?" Christian yelled after realizing I was behind them. I immediately felt defensive. "He is my boyfriend, my business, and one of my top priorities. Why don't you stay out of MY business for once." I tell him. Signing I just sit in the sand.

I had enough crying for once and wasn't going to start again. "Are...are you going to keep the baby?" Verine asked after wiping a tear away. "What? You think I might abort it or something?" I ask her a little to fast.

No reply.

"Definitely not! I would never abort my baby." I tell her a little offended. She might not have meant anything by it, but I couldn't help how that made me feel. "What do you think its going to be?" I ask looking at Verine.

She stalled a bit and started to think. "I think it will be a boy." She replied. I nodded. "Me too." I say smiling. "It's definitely going to be a girl." Christian chimmed in. I sat down with them and rubbed my belly. "Did you tell Keith?" I heard someone say as they walked up.

I didn't turn. "No. Not yet." I say to whoever it was.

(This could be anyone)

- Ayn Rand

47 Reviews

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Hayden

I found my self laying in one of Ira's sweaters in the middle of the kitchen floor. Casey and the others had all left to talk about Katrina's "Big News". I just needed to be alone.

I could hear them laughing from outside making me want to throw up. I knew Kat couldn't handle having a baby and I would have to be the big sister I always needed to be and act as a motherly figure to her child. She is the worst person in the world I swear.

I sighed breathing in the scent of Ira and closed my eyes trying to relax. The screen door slammed open to Ira and Kat standing there. I held my breath and crawled into the pantry and tried to hide.

"Thanks for understanding," Kat said as I peeked out of the shutters on the pantry door.

I watched a smile played across Ira's lips as Kat kissed his cheek. I felt my face heating up as he pulled her into a hug.

Then came the anger and tears. I pulled off Ira's sweater and shoved it deep into the pantry leaving me juts in a tank top. I breathed harder as I moved the boxes of cereal to reveal a tunnel leading outside. Tears ran down my face as I crawled through the tunnel trying not to scream as I did.

I finally tumbled out and found my self running towards the road. I took a deep breath wiping my face with the palm of my hand.

"H-hayden?" I heard Ira call as I stepped closer to the busy road.

"So whats up with you and Kat huh?" I said my screaming voice shaking.

"N-nothing, I w-was just t-trying to b-be nice." He replied his voice suddenly growing serious.

I shook my head and walked towards the road my tears now running dry. I heard foot steps behind me as I jumped into the road right in front of a truck. I closed my eyes as the truck's horn blared. My vision went black and then I was swept away.

I opened my eyes hoping to see darkness but instead I found Ira.

"What t-the FUCK H-hayden!" He screamed his eyes filling with tears.

I shook my head and then cried out in pain. I had broken my arm from the tackle I revived from Ira. I watched as his panicked eyes looking down to my awkwardly bent arm.

"P.J., Lakeland, Liz! Call 911 now!" Ira yelled.

My vision went blurry and I was brought back to darkness.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:27 am
Liv says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the rushed/poor quality - I'm sick and took NyQuil, but I wanted to post before I got too drowsy and fell asleep

Ira

The summer house had taken a whole new path, and suddenly everything was so much more real - the summer house would never be the same again. I wanted so badly to support Katrina, but I couldn't help feeling almost...angry. The summer house was supposed to be different, was supposed to be an escape where we could all act ten years younger than we truly are and pretend nothing real exists...and she ruined it. She brought the real world to the summer house.

Despite the thoughts running through my head, I spoke only encouraging words - she had enough to worry about. As for me, I think I'd have enough to handle when our moms found out. After promising Katrina I'd support her and receiving and thank you and a kiss on the cheek, I went on a hunt for Hayden. I had left her in the kitchen, so she couldn't have gotten too far. I could only imagine how this was affecting her.

I wandered through the living room and to the front door, pushing open the screen and letting it slam behind me as I stepped out on to the porch.

I spotted Hayden instantly, squinting my eyes against the sun to see her wiping her cheeks. Was she crying? I couldn't tell, but I could see pretty clearly that she was stumbling right in to the road and that a car was speeding in this direction.

"H-hayden?" I asked, taking a step off the porch as she got closer to the road.

I flinched when she looked up at me, her eyes filled with anger and her face with hurt.

"So whats up with you and Kat huh?" She screamed, her voice wavering.

Me and Katrina? Was she joking? I was just trying to be nice to her! No...something wasn't right. She wasn't...Hayden. Had she gone and left me again? Right after she swore she wouldn't?

"N-nothing," I replied carefully, gauging her reaction, "I w-was just t-trying to b-be nice."

She turned away from me, shaking her head angrily, and towards the road. I took a few steps mimicking hers as she grew closer to the street. No, she wouldn't!

Hayden leapt in to the road, a car's horn sounded, and before I could even think about it I jumped out in to the road behind her. I bounded towards her, grabbing her tightly and swinging her away from the car and me in her place.

The next thing I knew, a hot bumper rammed into my side and floored me. The car came screeching to a halt, making a sound so horrendous I almost didn't notice the pain shooting through the side of my body that had just been thrown against the pavement. Almost. Pain shot through me, and when Hayden opened her eyes I had to keep myself from crying.

"What t-the FUCK H-hayden!" I shouted, screaming in a mix of pain and anger.

"P.J., Lakeland, Liz! Call 911 now!" I yelled, shocked when I looked down to see Hayden's arm bent unnaturally. I watched as she closed her eyes and nearly choked on tears.

I moved to grab her, but pain tore through my shoulder and I could no longer hold back the tears. My left hand shot to my shoulder, cradling it as I laid on the ground and saw the driver of the car running around towards us.

"We'll be okay, Hayden," I whispered, tears dripping down the sides of my face and pooling on the asphalt.

"I don't give a FUCK if I'm not related by blood!" I shouted, feeling myself go red in the face as I pounded my left fist against the counter.

It had just been declared that I had a fractured shoulder, and my right arm now rest in what they called a "collar and cuff sling." I didn't care. I just needed to see Hayden - her mom hadn't even gotten here yet.

"You've known us for our entire lives!" I yelled at the nurse, Rose, who had been there as long as I could remember. She had treated us for all sorts of things. Allergic reactions, broken fingers, broken noses, broken arms, concussions, extremely high fevers, you name it. They could practically name a wing after us as we'd been there so many times, our large group taking up the entire waiting room and creating havoc throughout the hospital.

"Fine," Rose whispered, her tone hushed, "But only for a minute. She's still unconscious anyways."

I nodded gratefully before following her behind the swinging doors and down the hall to Hayden's room. She pushed open the door, revealing a sleeping Hayden, a shocked Verine and Katrina, and a worried PJ.

I looked between them as Rose left us, shifting my gaze from person to person before grumbling, "Get out."

Verine and Katrina exchanged a look, and I knew why - I never acted like this. But Hayden had gotten hurt! God, if Katrina could have just-

I stopped the thought, knowing I'd del guilty about it later, and instead yelled, "I want to talk to her!"

Kat and V scurried out, and PJ shuffle behind them. We exchanged a long glance, and he nodded towards me before finding his way out the door and closing it behind him. Alone with Hayden, I looked over towards her as her chest rose and fell with each breathe. This was all my fault.

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:21 am
thelostone says...

Casey

I followed P.J. out into the hall. He took my hand and led me away from the group, further down the hallway. As soon as they were out of sight he pulled me into a bone crushing hug and he was trembling, trying to hold back his emotions.

"She's going to be okay, Peej." I coaxed, holding him tight. "It's going to be alright."

His shoulders shook as his tears bleed through my shirt. I held his face in my hands and rubbed his cheek with my thumb. "What if she's not, Case?" He said, his voice cracking. "She got hit by a fucking truck, what if she doesn't get better?"

I took a deep breath. He was right, Hayden would be lucky to come out of this unscathed. "I don't know," I admitted and wiped a tear away. "But we're going to get through it together." He nodded numbly and I kissed him. His lips were salty from the tears. "I love you." I whispered and laced my fingers with his. He squeezed my hand as we walked back over to where the others were pacing in front of Hayden's room.

"I'm going to go in." P.J. said. I nodded and he kissed my cheek before heading into her room. I sat down next to Verine. What if Hayden really wasn't going to be okay?
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

47 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 am

Peej

I found my self hugging Hayden's stiff body sobbing into her stomach. My favorite person in the world had been on the edge of death and I wasn't there to save her.

"P.J.," I heard Casey say quietly from the door.

I sat up and wiped my eyes motioning her over. I pulled her up a chair and sniffed trying to stop crying. I watched Casey twist the charm bracelet Hayden gave her and then a tear dripping down her cheek.

"We're a mess," I said a small laugh rising in my chest.

"Hell yeah we are," Casey agreed sniffing.

I heard a small groan from Hayden then her green eyes fluttering open. I watched silently as she looked around and then stare at me. I smiled at her and she just frowned. I watched as her eyes looked down at her arm all bundled up in a cast and then her hand reaching towards the bandage on her head.

"Peej?" She said her voice cracking.

I nodded just as Ira ran over from his couch and over to Hayden. I smiled at him as he cried into her. Hayden's face became more and more confused.

"What happened?"

Hayden

I woke up to a crying brown haired boy. After a moment of studying him I recognized him as P.J..

"Peej?" I asked just to make sure it was him and I wasn't going crazy.

He nodded and then I found my self looking down at the fat green object on my arm and a pounding in my head. Another boy came over also crying, this had to be Ira.

"What happened?" I asked who I thought was Ira.

He sighed and replied, "You g-got hit b-by a c-car, b-but you're o-okay now."

I nodded and pushed my self up into a sitting position. I felt dizzy and brought my right hand up to my head to find I had a bandage across my forehead. Man, it must have been bad. The two boys smiled at each other and then a middle aged woman entered also crying.

"Baby!" She said in a voice that could only be my mothers.

I smiled weakly as her arms wrapped around my body. This was rather strange that all these people had come to visit me.

"I'm going to ask you to leave, we still need to finish our procedures on Hayden." A man in a white coat and blue gloves said.

Everyone filed out and I was left with the man in the jacket. He wrapped more green stuff around my arm and then a bit of white stuff across my ankle.

"Whats the stuff on my ankle?" I asked him with a smile.

"You sprained your ankle in the fall so it is there to help you heal." He replied not stopping to look up at me.

I nodded and then slowly feel asleep suddenly exhausted.

Spoiler! :
Update on her injuries: Sprained ankle (left), shattered wrist (left, sucks she is left handed), minor concussion.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:21 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lakeland

Feeding the machine another dollar, I browsed the buttons titled with different types of coffees and flavors and selected plain black coffee.

"Lakeland O'Malley?" someone called from across the hall as my coffee filled, "Is that you?"

Grabbing the steaming cup from the dispenser, I turned to face the owner of the voice.

"My my, that is you!" The white haired nurse cooed, "You're all grown up!"

Smiling, I greeted, "Hello, Nancy!"

"Now," she said, stopping in front of me and placing a hand on her hip, "I haven't seen you in forever! Is everyone here? What are you guys doing here?"

"Yeah, we're all here." I say, taking a few steps over to the table baring sugars and creams galore. "We're still waiting for our moms, though."

Ripping open a packet of sugar, I continued, "We're here for Hayden and Ira. Hayden got hit by a car and Ira pushed her out of the way - they both got hurt."

I fingered through the creams until I found what I was looking for - Irish cream.

I stirred the sugar and cream in to my coffee and popped a lid on top before turning back to Nancy and taking a sip from the cup.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry though, they'll be fine," she said, her eyes trailing down to Lola who stood by my side, "Now, who's this? How'd you get her in here?"

I contemplated one of my fibs, but I had known this nurse my entire life.

"This is Lola...she's a service dog. Not to long after returning home after last summer I got in to a motorcycle accident that left me with some after affects that she helps me with."

She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could her pager began to beep. Checking her pager, she said, "I've got to go, honey. I'll see you later!"

I nodded and we both walked off in opposite directions, her to a patient and I to the waiting room. When I got there, I laughed to myself - we literally took up the entire waiting room. We took up every seat, all but the two in the far corner where a couple sat ogling at us.

"So," I say, taking a seat on the couch next to Liz, patting the spot next to me for Lola. She jumped up and nestled in beside me, her head in my lap, as I finished, "Have we heard anything from the doctors yet?"
Live, Love, Laugh

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:19 am
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

All these events keep happening. Katrina's pregnancy, and the car accident. I was sitting in the waiting room in the hospital. I felt worried about Hayden. I was also worried about Katrina. I sighed sadly, sinking down into my seat. Everyone else and the moms were in Hayden's room. I couldn't face her, I was too afraid.

I stood up, getting a soda from the vending machine. I turned, seeing Keith in my presence.

"K-Keith! W-Why are you here?"

"Ah, well, Katrina told me about the accident so I came here to check up on everyone. And to see you."

"Eh?"

"Look, I'm sorry that I kissed you that day."

"Oh well.. it's alright... I think."

Keith smiled at me. "Good!" I sat back down in my seat as Kieth sat next to me. I sipped my soda, seeing Kieth stare at me.

"W-What is it?"

"Hmm... how should I say? You look cuter now."

"W-Whaa?!" What the heck does he mean by that?!

Wait... does Kieth know? About Katrina? By the looks of it, it seems like he doesn't know yet.

"Kieth, shouldn't you be with Katrina right now...?"

"Hmm.. I rather st-" He stopped as he stared up. I turned, seeing Christian walking towards us.

Christian looked at me, then saw Kieth. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Next thing I knew, Kieth grabbed my shoulder, pulling me against his body. "Just chatting with this cutie here."

"E-Eh?"

Kieth smiled as I saw Christian glared at me with angry eyes.

"Ah... I'm just kidding." Kieth let go of me, walking to the opposite direction. "Tell Katrina I'm waiting for her outside."

We both stared at Kieth until he walked straight out of the hospital.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 am
Ciblio says...

Christian

The hospital was so familiar. And it brought back so many memories.

As I turned the corner, I took notice of Verine. And Keith. He was talking, but then his eyes met mine, and he shut his mouth quickly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growled, waiting for him to move away from my girlfriend.

Keith acted like nothing was wrong, and draped an arm around V's shoulder, pulling her to him in the process. "Just chatting with this cutie here."

Verine made a small noise, which was barely audible.

She wasn't even pulling away from him!

A smile crept onto Keith's face, as I glared at both of them.

"Ah...I'm just kidding!" Kieth laughed a bit, and released Verine.

He then stood up, and looked over at Verine. "Tell Katrina I'm waiting for her outside."

I glared at his figure until he disappeared through the entrance doors.

"...C-Chris-" She stared pleadingly up at me.

I exhaled deeply, and turned away.

Once I was calm enough, I turned back to her, but refused to make eye contact. "What was he doing? Why was he next to you? Why in the hell were you talking to him?"

She reached for my hand, and caught it. "..nothing. We were just...t-talking. Look...Chris, he was just apologizing for kissing me.."

I couldn't help but look down at her.

She was telling the truth. Well, basically. I squeezed her hand, and pulled her up.

"..that's all, right.?" I whispered in her ear, as I pulled her into a hug.

She nodded, and I kissed her cheek.

"Just...stay away from the guy? He's bad new. You know that, V."

I placed a gentle kiss on her lips, then let her go. "Have you visited Hayden yet?"

She scratched her arm, then shook her head.

"Seriously? Oh, come on. Let's go." I took her hand in mine, and led her to the room that occupied Hayden, and the rest.

I couldn't help but smile as we entered the room. It was like when we were younger.

All huddled up with each other.

I leaned against the wall, and Verine stood next to me, seeming slightly nervous.

Hayden was going to be okay..hopefully.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 am
NicoleBri says...

Katrina

While everyone was all worried about Hayden, I took the time to go talk to one of the nurses. "Yes, Katrina?" one of the nurses by the name of Nancy asked. I sighed and sucked in my breath for a moment. I didn't know if I should talk to her in particular. She stood their with a questioning look in her eyes. "Can you do a pregnancy test for me?" I asked her. "Uhm, sure, pee in this cup for me." She replied while getting a sampling cup.

I smiled shyly and took it from her and went to the bathroom. Maybe it was wrong to be doing this while Hayden was hurt, but I had to see it 100 percent. All of a sudden I heard Lakelands voice and then Nancy's. Luckily she hasn't mentioned my name to him. I smiled with relief when I heard him walk down the hall.

After peeing in the cup, I washed my hands and gave it to her. She half smiled and left to go do whatever they do with stuff like that.

I sat in the waiting room right in front of the nurses station so I could wait for Nancy to come back with the results. All of a sudden I heard Keith's voice humming and I walked out into the hall. "Hi." He says when he sees me. "What are you doing down here?" He asks me. "Things." I tell him as my face got red.

He looked at me suspiciously but I smiled. "Maybe you should go." I tell him. I could tell he was aggravated when he sighed. "Katrina, you wanted me to come down here. I am not going to keep leaving every time you ask me when I know your not okay. What the hell is going on?" He asked me.

"Katrina the results came in." I heard Nancy say as she was coming down the hall. My eyes widened as Keith looked at me. "What is she talking about Katrina?" He asked. I didn't have anything to say. "Uhm... Thanks Nancy." I tell her and sort of smiled. She smiled back and gave me some papers about babies and the whole pregnancy.

That's when Keith realized what she was talking about. "No-- you.. You can't be pregnant." He said looking at me with a mix of hurt and anger in his eyes. "This is why I wanted you to leave." I tell him. Not even a second later he ran out the hospital and left.

I knew he would take it like this. I sat in the waiting room and began to cry. There went another dead beat dad. "Do you need to talk?" I heard someone say.

When I looked up it was Christian. He had nothing but sincerity in his eyes. He must have come down in time to see Keith leave. I got up and hugged him, that was all I needed. It hurt so much to see that Keith didn't love me.

"Why did this happen to me?" I mutter in his shoulder. Verine came in shortly after and she hugged us both. Tears came to her eyes too. I didn't know what to do. "Let's go upstairs," I tell them.

It was time for me to go see Hayden, alone.

When I walked in her room I put my hand on hers. "Everything will be okay." I tell her. She nods and pulls me in for a hug. "Ow." She mumbles. I must have hugged a little to hard. PJ walked in and I hugged him too. At this moment it was just us three. Verine was my sister and best friend but she stayed outside with Christian.

"I love y'all." I tell them. "I'm sorry I ruined everyones summer." I say again.
Last edited by NicoleBri on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Ayn Rand

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:02 am
View Likes
Liv says...

Err, @pandabear7 , from fic's post Nancy is an elderly woman. I'm doubting she's flirtingng with him. The way I read it she was catching up, as to further show how often everyone has been on there...
And you know it's illegal for nurses and doctors to do tests for minors without parent consent and also for them to just give the confidential results in front anyone...

47 Reviews

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Hayden

I woke up again to find that my room was completely empty besides the lump that was Ira asleep on the couch. I felt a million times better than I did the day before.

"Psssst, Ira." I whispered wanting some attention.

His figure snapped up as he looked straight at me with those eyes I love. I smiled and scooted over on my bed so he could sit with me.

"Can I leave now?" I moaned my hospital dress itching.

Ira's face lit up and he pressed a small button on the wall. He said something about asking a doctor to come in and then took his finger off the button again. A nurse wearing an annoying pink outfit came in smiling.

"Hayley is it?" She said bending down to talk to me like I was five.

"Hayden," I replied annoyance rising in my voice.

"Sorry sweetie, you wanted to ask me something?" She said her fake eyelashes bobbing inches from my nose.

"Yeah can I leave now?"

"Sure why not!" She exclaimed giggling.

I rolled my eyes and I watched Ira pull up a wheelchair for me. I slid into it and wheeled my self into the bathroom.

"Hey can you help me change?" I yelled outside to Ira.

I sat on the bench untying the dress leaving me in just a bra and underwear. I raised my arms slowly and Ira slipped on my favorite pink sweater over my head. I stood slowly on one leg and jumped into a pair of running shorts.

"Thanks," I said leaving a kiss on his nose.

"N-no problem," He replied placing me in the wheelchair.

I wheeled out into the waiting room to be greeted by my favorite people in the world. I smiled at them as I wheeled through the smiling faces and out into the parking lot. Everyone piled into their cars and drove home.

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer