z

Young Writers Society

Fata Morgana | Open - One Spot Left

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:45 pm
Susurrus says...

Fata Morgana is a secret society for the greatest illusionists in the world. Far from being common street magicians, these people have what is called the Blaze - true power to manipulate the world around them. They meet every New Year in the highest New York penthouse to share their abilities, and to put on the greatest magic show in the world.

This year however, the performance goes horribly wrong, and only a few out of the fifty members survived. The others have vanished without a trace, and in a world were all they know is fabricated, they are left sure of only one thing: That this was sabotage.

While Fata Morgana has always toed the line of legality and morality, they have never used their powers to actively destroy. But, whoever annihilated their ranks on New Years is now wreaking havoc across the world. And, as if offering the remaining members of Fata Morgana a clue, they have left each of them a playing card with the word Chimera emblazoned across it.

Will Fata Morgana take the bait, pursue Chimera, and seek vengeance against those who sought to destroy them in order to reinstate the balance, or will they use the freedom that comes of anarchy to fulfill their wildest fantasies?

Just remember, there is no truth that lies can make.

Your Character:
Spoiler! :
You are an illusionist of the highest class endowed with the Blaze, mysterious magic that gives you one special ability to manipulate the world around you. You were welcomed into Fata Morgana for your mastery of this ability.

If you need inspiration for your ability I will remind you that it can be anything from creating statues that come to life or being able to shape-shift.

These should be very colorful characters with moral ambiguity given their ability to play with reality. Be sure to include -

Name:
Age (Upwards from 16):
Personality:
Ability (Include strengths and weaknesses):
History:
Other:

The Rules (I'm not quite confident I've got everything...):
Spoiler! :
1. Post regularly, and perhaps no less than a paragraph.
2. Cooperate and don't do silly things to make others angry (no pettiness). Common sense is super useful here.
3. Collaborate! If you have any great ideas for the way you want the plot to go, realize that the story is very open to anything. Just let us know what you're planning in the DT.
4. Keep this relatively clean...I mean the nature of this Storybook is such that you can use derogatory language and employ violence, but just no explicit sex and gratuitous gore.
5. Enjoy yourself!

Thanks! This is my first storybook so let me know if I forgot to add anything. Post any questions or comments in the DT please! Also PM works of course! I want to keep this thread neat-like.

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal