Young Writers Society

Do No E.V.I.L. [Complete]

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Charles Borkshav | Reality

Charles was tired of standing(or sitting) around, doing nothing. Sure, he wasn't E.V.I.L.'s finest, but he was worth something! All he had done recently was sit around. Well, he was not just a wall decoration. He had capabilities, strengths. He could be a field agent.

But there was one slight issue. He knew Lestat wasn't going to go for it. Wasn't going to happen. No matter what brilliant idea he could come up with, he was always left behind. Heck, even when he came up with the strategy for capturing Nate, he was left at headquarters!

But not this time.

He had been thinking... If only he had the username and password for one of YWS's moderators, now that would be something! He could sneak into YWS, using a reputable user's account, and then wreck havoc.

So he needed a user's laptop, which no doubt had their saved password for YWS. He had a fancy program that had been given to him by one of their I.T. geeks for by-passing the computer's password, but when it came to hijacking a user's YWS password, he was lost. He knew that the fancy program he had in a flash-drive wouldn't work on that.

He knew that their I.T geeks in the office could probably do it without doing any heist or breaking in to homes, but no. For once, he was going to do something himself. For once, he was going to do something without help, to prove that he was a valuable member of the E.V.I.L. team, that he wasn't there for his mind alone.

He decided that AfterTheStorm would be the best candidate. She had been kidnapped just about a day before, so her parents were probably pretty worried. If he could call them from a call-phone, maybe telling them that she was at a certain park in the city... Of course he would have to fabricate a lie, telling them that he was her friend or something. Then, once at least one of them had left, he could work in peace.

He pulled up a file on AfterTheStorm, but could only get her name, address and a personal cell-phone number. Nothing more. No phone numbers for parents or anything. Well, that was just great! He didn't know her parents phone, so he couldn't call them... But perhaps her own cellphone would work? Maybe it was at her home, and not in her pocket at E.V.I.L.?

If it was, then everything would work beautifully. He could say he as looking for her, because she had left him alone in the park because she was mad at him. He was only calling to say he was sorry for upsetting her! And then her parents would go after her, leaving the house empty...

It was perfect.

He closed his laptop down, after printing the file on AfterTheStorm, and then pulled out his desk drawer, revealing his pistol. A pistol he never carried because he never went anywhere. His hand drifted towards it, and he almost picked it up... But he stopped himself before he grasped it. He wasn't going to kill or threaten anyone. That was for the grunts. His job was to remain silent, like a wraith. To get in and out, unseen.

He put a few tools in his jean's pockets, and then walked away from his desk.

His car was outside, parked alongside many dozens of other cars in the same parking lot. E.V.I.L. was an enormous organization. He was one in a hundred in that place.

He opened the car and dropped down into the drivers seat. And then starting the car, he drove away. He was finally on a mission.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:21 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Griffinkeeper | Limbo

There is a place moderators go when they have retired. A place where there is no trouble; no members, just peace. They go to this place and stay there... until they are needed. It looked like different things to different people; but to Grif, he was in a Zen Garden, by a reflection pool. By his side were a number of novels, a glass of lemonade, and a pleasant breeze. If the nature of the lemonade was suspicious; it didn't seem to bother Grif.

Griffinkeeper's inner sanctum was peaceful, hidden behind layers and layers of security. No one could enter it; other than an Admin level override, nothing could enter without permission. Nothing except Adelaide.

She appeared without ceremony and walked by the reflection pool. Asking about Adelaide's appearance was about as useful as asking about the lemonade. To Grif, she appeared to be dressed in a simple white dress; a beautiful woman with hair like electricity, and sharp green eyes; as if she were a moderator herself.

"Would you like some lemonade?" Grif asked; he hadn't looked up from his book.

"That would be lovely," Adelaide replied. She walked over to Grif. Where there had been a only a glass of lemonade, there were now two glasses and a pitcher of lemonade. Grif finished the paragraph before putting the book down; then he poured some lemonade for Adelaide. They clinked glasses and drank.

Grif felt Adelaide's eyes on him and he pretended not to notice; yet as tasty as the lemonade was, he couldn't focus on it. He chanced a glance at Adelaide; and he saw her eyes; which matched the smirk on her face.

"Well?" Grif said.

"Thirteen seconds," she said, smiling.

"I don't understand," Grif said, putting down his glass.

"Thirteen seconds is the amount of time it took for your own curiosity to get the better of you. Shall I tell you what you want to know?" she said playfully.

"Please," Grif said.

"The lemonade tastes delicious," Adelaide said impishly.

"Thank you. I was actually more interested in knowing if the moment had arrived."

"Not just yet. But it will soon. Have you accessed the information on the situation with E.V.I.L?" Adelaide asked. Grif simply gestured toward the book.

"I've been reading a lot of information. What has been done?" Grif asked.

"A few inquiries have been made; members have disappeared," Adelaide replied.

"Do we know where they are?"

"We will soon."

"Explain."

"E.V.I.L. has been attempting to crack into the YWS servers, but without moderator level access, they've been unable to access the inner files. I believe they have compromised someone with Jr. Moderator access; and I have placed a honey pot inside some fake files. The moment it is accessed, you'll be translated back into the real world."

"What's the file called?"

"YWS's Secret Weapon."

"I love it."

"Oh look, someone is about to click on it..." Adelaide said, but Griffinkeeper was already fading.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Iggy | Virtual

When Iggy logged on, she had a total of 5 messages and 546 notifications. 546!

She read her messages first. All were from her fellow mods and all were about Nate and Nate disappearing.

Feeling her heart race in fear, she quickly checked her notifications. Some were from Squills, some from Storybooks, some from various topics she made in Randomosity. But majority were from the mod forum. There was a topic, created by Rydia, with four pages of replies, titled "SOS."

Iggy opened and read all of the information, then buried her face into her hands. It seemed there was some sort of ridiculous organization, called E.V.I.L, that was aimed to destroy YWS. They had kidnapped Nate and AfterTheStorm, and was now after Rydia and the rest of the mod squad.

She refreshed the page and saw a new reply. They had captured Rosey as well.

"Good luck." she muttered, knowing her friend was not so easy to break. Rather, they would have a difficult time with her.

Iggy quickly opened her chat bar and was prepared to IM Rydia when a new message popped up, from a user named Teresa. Curious, she opened and read the message.

Teresa: Hey, Iggy!
Iggy: Hey. Welcome to YWS. :)
Teresa: Can I ask you a question?
Iggy: Sure!
Teresa: I was reading one of Rydia's recent wall posts. By the way she spells things, I assume she's British?
Iggy: Uhh, yeah, she is, haha
Teresa: Really? I wonder what part of England she lives in. I've only been to Wales before.
Iggy: I have no idea.
Teresa: Of course not. Thanks for the help.

Iggy went to reply, but she was offline. Her suspicion went up and she went to research this Teresa user, but before she could, a cold voice behind her spoke. "Hello, Iggy."

Her shoulders stiffened and she slowly turned to see a tall man and a woman standing there.

"E.V.I.L?" she asked.

The woman nodded.

Iggy quickly hit ctrl + h and cleared her cookies and history, then turned back to them. "My apologies. I needed to log out and make sure you can't log on to protect my home."

The man's lip stiffened, "Of course you would. No matter. One of you moderators will talk, eventually. I'm sure you'll be glad to be reunited with your friends, Iggy, won't you?"

A blindfold suddenly swung out from behind her and covered her eyes, a rag forced upon her nose. She took one whiff and passed out from the chloroform.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia

So far E.V.I.L. had always been one step ahead of them, but Rydia had one advantage which they would never have. She had access to the Administration Panel. As she finished up at the hardware store, all of her purchases bulking out a new backpack she'd bought, Rydia stopped off at an internet cafe.

The administrator, still disguised as a boy, managed to go unnoticed at a corner table as she logged in to YWS and accessed the Administrator Panel. It didn't take long to find what she was looking for: Beth Ann's IP address.

Rydia had decided that she was going to investigate the disappearances and she was going to get her people back. She didn't know much beyond this yet but she was hoping there would be clues at the site of one of the most recent disappearances and Bath Ann was one of hers. It was getting personal.

The first door in the neighbourhood Rydia knocked on was answered by an elderly man. "Hey," Rydia tried to make her voice more manly. "I'm looking for a friend's house. She gave me the number but I completely forgot. She's fifteen, her name's Beth Ann and she lives around here and-"

"Fifteen." The man scowled down at her and Rydia quickly realised that a 23-soon-to-be-24 year old man looking for a fifteen year old girl was not good.

"Uh, yeah. I mean, she's my sister's friend, I'm just picking her up because my mum asked me to-" Rydia tried to look harmless and this seemed to work:

"Well,I don't know the kid's name, but three doors down they have a girl about that age. Why don't you try there."

Rydia nodded and thanked the man, then made her way to the house. There was a light on inside but when she knocked, nobody answered. The strange thing was though, that the door had given away a little at the force of her knock - it was open. So Rydia decided to get stealthy, or as stealthy as she could with a heavy backpack on her back.

What Rydia didn't expect to find in the upstairs room with the light on was a retired moderator apprehending an unfamiliar man.

"Grif!" Rydia was so surprised that she used her normal voice and after a moment of looking her up and down, Griffinkeeper said:

"Hello Rydia, it's good to see you."

"That's Rydia?!" Both the moderators turned to look at the E.V.I.L. agent and Rydia wondered if they were all so young. Could it possibly be a group of teens causing havoc around their beloved site?

She wanted to tell Grif about the blueprints she had for the Reality Inducer and how she could use his help building it, but she didn't want to say too much with the agent around. She could trust Grif though, couldn't she? He'd been off the grid so his position couldn't possibly have been compromised. Right?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:14 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Charles Borkshav | Reality

So this was just great. After breaking in to AftertheStorm's house, who he found was actually called Beth Ann after he hacked into her laptop, some YWS agents had arrived. So of course they had to spoil everything. How did they have an actual taskforce, and why hadn't he been informed of one? Oh, well. Not like it made much difference, anyway.

After being assaulted by a big guy who was obviously much older and stronger than he was, he found out just how much it hurt to punch someone in body armor. It didn't take long for the YWS agent to subdue him, and it also didn't take the agent long to figure out that he had been into Beth Ann's account. No doubt that stupid robotic voice that emanated from his pocket had done that figuring. He was starting to regret his decision to leave his gun... but no doubt the agent would have had something to combat that, as well.

He was pretty useless.

Then it had become a crowd, and another YWS agent arrived. And it was... Rydia? He had always thought she was a girl, but at first glance, she sure seemed like a guy. And then she talked... and it was a girl's voice.

Then she took off the hat, and her brown hair spilled down... and the matter was sealed. Rydia was a girl.

"Well hello beautiful," Charles joked. "You're Rydia?"

The YWS agent that was guarding him kicked Charles, forcing him to a chair. "Shut up, kid. I won't hesitate to knock you out."

But Rydia just rolled her eyes. "Who are you?"

Charles grinned. He was feeling a little more courageous than usual that day, and he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was the thrill of the moment and the fact that he was captured, although he would have thought it would have depleted him of any courage he had. "Lets just say that I am a cool E.V.I.L. guy, or maybe I am just a YWS user concerned over Beth Ann's sudden disappearance."

"You're part of YWS?" Rydia came closer. "What is your username? Are you a moderator?"

Charles shook his head. "I am not a moderator, although I had some fun with Beth Ann's account just a minute ago. I only had a moment before this brute came in here, but YWS looks pretty cool now. And as for what my username is? Does it matter? Are you going to block my account?"

"There would be no reason to block your account," Rydia said. "If you are truthfully just a user, then it wouldn't matter. You can't change YWS as a normal user. Only moderators could do that. So what is your username? I'm just curious."

"My username?" Charles was silent for a moment, just for the aftereffect. "On YWS, my name is timmyjake. Most people call me Timmy or TJ."

"But... you seemed... I thought you were a pretty nice guy? I thought your real name was Timothy!"

Charles smiled slyly. "The internet can be deceiving. And do you think I am a fool? Well, it seems like I am right now. But I don't trust anyone on E.V.I.L. as far as I could throw them. So I made up a phony name to conceal myself... You won't get my real name out of me, save for Timmy."

Rydia shook her head and looked over at Grif. "Do me a favor, Grif." She pointed to Charles(Timmy). "Would you please knock him out for me?"
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Griffinkeeper | Reality

What Charlie had thought was a web-camera was actually a great deal more sophisticated. It had the ability to reconstruct a digital signal back into it's physical form. Griffinkeeper had literally materialized out of thin air and had rapidly subdued the stranger.

Rydia's appearance had surprised him, but he saw an opening.

"Do me a favor, Grif." She pointed to Timmy. "Would you please knock him out for me?"

"You mean with this knock-out gas?" Grif asked holding out the canister of knock out gas. Rydia looked at it; just in time for Grif to spray her in the face. Her face contorted in confusion, before she collapsed into a heap on the floor. Grif now turned to deal with Timmy, who continued to look surprised.

"I'm an E.V.I.L. agent, working a deep cover role. You have two choices. You can run and E.V.I.L will hunt you down like the traitor you are; or you can get your vehicle and share credit for the capture of a YWS Admin. Which will it be?" Grif said. Timmy got up.

"I'll grab my car and meet you around the side," Timmy said, before making a hasty exit. When Grif and Rydia were alone, he searched her. He quickly found and confiscated the hardware store items. He then came across the page with the blueprint. He scanned it and let out a low whistle, before hiding it on his person. He then secured Rydia's hands with wire ties, before wrapping her in a rug. He then carried her to the side of the house, where the car was waiting. Timmy helped Grif put her in the car, then they both got in.

"Take us to headquarters and step on it. If she isn't in an interrogation room before she wakes up, I will personally hold you responsible," Grif said.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 pm
Inkpot says...

Blake turned up the collar of his coat and darted across the street, his brown hair roughly tousled by the wind. He knew they couldn't be far behind him. He had noticed the brown BMW tailing him for almost two hours now, and the distance between him and the vehicle was decreasing with each passing second. It was only a matter of time before E.V.I.L closed in on him. When Blake- or "Inkpot" according to his username- logged onto YWS that morning, E.V.I.L's message had jumped out at him. Immediately he had leapt to his feet, tucked his iPad beneath his arm and raced out of the flat, yelling "I'm going out!" Into the empty air, and hoping his half-deaf grandparents would hear. He thought it would be safer to walk, as that way there would be no risk of Blake becoming trapped in a space, such as a bus, with a member of E.V.I.L lurking behind him. At first he thought he was simply being paranoid- surely E.V.I.L would not come after him? After all, he wasn't an administrator. However, when he noticed the BMW, he realised that E.V.I.L must have somehow gleaned the knowledge that Blake had helped with the programming of YWS. His knowledge could prove useful to E.V.I.L. So he quickened his pace and made his way through alleyways and footpaths, so the car would have difficulty trailing him.
When he reached number 46 Alders Street, he walked up to the front door and knocked hastily upon it. "Emergency!" He yelled, and prayed his friend would hear.
Last edited by Inkpot on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inkpot :)

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 am
AfterTheStorm says...

Lestat Mordak: “Have Fun Interrogating!”

:.Reality.:

Lestat swipes a hand through his hair, casually crossing his ankles atop the polished desk. The man leans back with his arms folded against his chest, deftly humming to himself as he contemplates Teresa’s recently-spoken words. Then, swiftly, he moves to an upright position in his chair and nods to the woman across from him.

“Alright, Teresa.” He smiles crookedly then glances at Samantha Blight who lounges beside Teresa. “I want you and Samantha to talk with this Storm girl. Diane,” Lestat Mordak turns his attention to the third girl in his office, “when Trevor returns from the attack on that other moderator- Iggy, I believe she’s called- sit her down for some one-on-one time.” Mordak idly pokes a few papers scattered across his desk while finishing with, “One of these daft mods will let something slip eventually, girls, and when they do I want you to report back with me immediately. Project YWSR can change this game immensely.” He smirks. “Have fun interrogating.” With a brief wave of his slender hands, he motions for the other E.V.I.L. associates to take their leave.

Teresa stands and cracks her knuckles against the desk surface. Facing Diane Prail and Samantha, the woman says, “Alright, ready for some girl talk, agents?”

Lestat wiggles his eyebrows as he watches the three exit his office, then resumes his work on the computer. He presses a small button on his desk phone, signaling to the secretary. Click. Her static voice beeps in with a soft, “Yes, Mr. Mordak?”

“Summon Delta. I need him for a moment,” he impatiently responds.

“Yes, Mr. Mordak. Right away, sir.”

Click and the line disconnects. Suddenly, a notification from YWS pops up onto Lestat’s monitor, and he whistles happily to himself.
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:02 pm
lostthought says...

Diane Prails
Reality

I waited by the door for Trevor to return. He was taking forever. Surely Iggy wouldn't be that hard to take down. Finally the door crashed open and Trevor walked in with a scowl on his face. I looked around him, expecting to see Iggy, but no one was behind him.

"Where's Iggy?' I asked.

His features changed to that of anger and replied, "Shut it. I don't have her okay?"

He walked away, muttering under his breathe. I followed him quietly. This I gotta hear. He walked into Lestat's office and shut the door. I couldn't hear through the door but I did hear Lestat yell, "SHE WHAT?"

Trevor clearly said something wrong. After that they talked in whispers. After a while, Trevor walked out. I lingered around the door a minute longer and after hearing nothing, I ran toward the computers. Glancing around, making sure nobody saw me, I logged onto YWS for the first time in a long time. 5 messages, huh. I opened them first and they were mainly about events that happened a while ago. I got onto the chat room.

Virtual

lostthought has entered the room

lostthought: So how are you guys doing?

Inkpot: Wait, I thought you left.

lostthought: I did. E.V.I.L has Rydia. You have lost.

Inkpot: Rydia?

Iggy has entered the room

Iggy: What's going on?

lostthought: We have Rydia. Prepare to lose YWS

lostthought has exited the room

I left the chat, smiling at the panic I have caused. Hopefully Lestat won't find out. After all, we really don't have Rydia. She is just too hard to catch.

I walked toward the door. Charles walked past me, a smirk planted on his face. Someone I have never saw before walked behind him, holding someone captive. I wonder who it is. Oh well, I'll just go get lunch at McDonalds.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:57 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia Reality

Rydia was out like a light and it wasn't only the knock-out gas which was dragging her under. In truth, the moderator hadn't been sleeping well for days and now that she had no choice but to let go, she completely succumbed to the peaceful depths of sleep. There were no bad dreams to trouble Rydia and whether Grif knew it or not, he had given her the time she needed to recuperate.

However, Rydia did not see it in this light when she came to. Her first awareness was of being slung over someone's shoulder and very quickly she realised that the someone was Grif and she remembered how he had betrayed her. Rydia's hands were tied together with wire, but her legs were free so she kicked down hard and had the satisfaction of drawing a grunt out of her captor.

Griffinkeeper set her down on her feet and he said: "You can walk from here."

"And what if I don't feel like walking?" Rydia asked. She knew it was hopeless and that if Grif had looked in the bag he'd taken from her and if he decided to assemble the machine... well it would take time, but he could use it to do exactly the opposite of what she had planned. Rydia wanted to use the Reality Inducer to bring the guardians of YWS to life. Bartemius the chimp with his sharp intelligence and wily muscles, Horace the dragon with his fierce flame and strong sense of justice. F.R.E.D. with his... well maybe not F.R.E.D., but the guardians of YWS were many and powerful.

If Grif built the Reality Inducer and used it against them, Rydia could only imagine the nightmares he would drag out of the deepest corners of the site. There were some things which teenagers created in their darkest moments which should never be allowed to breathe...

"Come on, let's get going-" The E.V.I.L. agent complained as he turned around to face them.

"You're going to have to carry me if you want me to move," Rydia insisted. She had never understood why captives walked before, or not the ones who weren't being pricked with a pointy stick anyway. But Grif had something more frightening than a pointy stick.

"For every minute you delay, I will personally kill a prisoner."

"You wouldn't-" Rydia couldn't believe that,not of Grif. She looked into his eyes and tried to look for the Griffinkeeper she knew, the moderator who would go to any lengths to protect the site. The Grif who would come up with plans which seemed impossible and actually succeed against all odds.

"But can you take that chance?" he asked her. She couldn't.

Without any prodding or further discussion, Rydia followed the E.V.I.L. agent to her doom.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:02 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Grif, Rydia, and Timmy arrived at E.V.I.L. Headquarters and walked into the building. As they entered the building, they were met by armed security guards.

"Wait! Don't shoot! He's one of us!" Timmy yelled.

"He's not on our roster!" the security guard responded back, gesturing at a tablet.

"ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?" Grif roared. "DO YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A LIST OF DEEP COVER AGENTS?"

"Uh-"

"ENTER 'XO4' GENIUS!" Grif continued. Grif's voice was only getting louder. The security officer did just that and turned a deep red.

"Sorry sir, my mistake."

"Take us to the detention cells before I decide to put you in there myself," Grif growled. "NOW!" The other guards scrambled to form an escort formation around them. They moved quickly and people got out of their way. The security officer, eager to regain face, shouted at anyone who even appeared to delay the flow of the guards. Doors were opening for them just in time to walk through them. The building was a labyrinth of security and it would be difficult for anyone to escape from.

They finally entered the main detention facility. The prison officer got up, the word had passed quickly to him.

"XO4, it is an honor to meet you sir. We're ready for the prisoner."

"One moment," Grif said, before pulling out some handcuffs. He put them on Rydia. "You remember these: you gave them to me for my birthday. Made from something stronger than metal. Now that they're on your wrists, there is no more need for these-" Grif said. He pulled out a knife and cut the wire ties.

"You've been planning this all along, haven't you?" Rydia said venomously.

"Yes," Grif said, before turning to the prison officer. "Process her." They did, and quickly filled out paperwork. They then stood her up in front of the camera for a picture.

"Just a moment sir; our web-camera just broke. Once we have the replacement we can finish the processing."

"Time is critical," Grif said, going into his bag. "Use this instead." Grif tossed him a web-camera. "It's called the 'Big Mac' apparently McDonald's is suing apple over it, but it should do the trick," Grif said.

"Thank you sir. It will take a few minutes to install it."

"I haven't time for this. I'm already late to see Mr. Mordak. I'll leave this in your capable hands," Grif said, leaving quickly.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

Delta November X-ray

Reality- E.V.I.L. HQ

I had intended to leave HQ as quickly as possible in order to find Rydia, but I soon noticed that Grif just so happened to have apprehended her. I cocked my head as they walked past, smiling inwardly at my luck, as well as Grif's presence within E.V.I.L. I found it rather pathetic the way the guards stumbled around him awkwardly, but I suppose when someone of such rank barks orders some people fear for their own safety. I was a lot different as a spy, preferring the shadowy, yet deeply observational approach to my job.

My communicator started to tremble in my back pocket, and, drawing it out, I answered the call.

"Yes?" I spoke, shifting away from noise of the main corridor.

"Mr. Mordak has requested your attendance to his office. He says he needs you for a moment."

"By 'requested' you mean 'demanded'." I replied drily.

"Then you better not keep him waiting Delta."

The call went dead, and I pocketed my communicator. Sighing deeply, I frowned in thought as to why Mordak would want me. Perhaps a special assignment or something. Nothing to worry about... I hoped. I passed my quarters on the way there, and swapped the memory stick with the YWS-R data for another identical one, which held my less vital research into the whereabouts of active YWSers.

I passed the secretary, not having to identify myself- quite possibly because of the obvious mask. Approaching the door to Mr. Mordak's office, I was stopped by the guards and asked to prove who I was. I wasn't particularly fond of removing my mask around E.V.I.L., but I had no choice but to comply. Swiftly I peeled it from my face, had my eyes scanned, fingerprints too. It amused me as to how paranoid he could be about we spies, but then I suppose it was just- especially when you consider the presence of those with motivations similar to myself.

After the checks were complete I slid my mask back on and entered the room. I found my mouth becoming somewhat dry; I had an odd feeling that perhaps Mordak was truly onto me.

"Hello Delta. Nice to see you didn't dawdle," he said in a sarcastic tone. "Please, take a sea-"

"I'd prefer to stand," I cut him off. "You employed me to perform a certain function, and time is the limit of success. With all due respect, may we make this quick?"
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:34 pm
Inkpot says...

Blake Irongate/Reality

My fist was sore from knocking, and my voice hoarse from repeated cries of "Emergency! Let me in!" I was about to give up and turn back the way I'd come when the door opened.
"Keep it down!" Iggy demanded, grabbing me by the collar and dragging me into the house. She was surprisingly strong.
"Shut the door," she ordered. I did as she asked, noting that she seemed somewhat on-edge.
"What's going on?" She queried. "Why are you here?"
"You've seen the website, right? You've seen E.V.I.L.'s message?"
"Yes," she said, lowering her voice, "I've seen it."
"I didn't want to call incase they were tapping the phones somehow, but I knew I had to find you. What are we going to do?"
"I don't have a clue," Iggy sighed, collapsing onto one of the sofas in her living room. She put her head in her hands and sighed again. "This is all such a mess," she muttered. "Why are E.V.I.L. even doing this? There's so much I don't understand."
"I feel the same," I empathised. "But you know I helped to set up the website. There are lines of code embedded in the site written by me. I understand the makeup of YWS. And I may be able to change it. But I need your help," I said. Iggy seemed suddenly alert, staring at me with hopeful eyes.
"What do you need?" She asked.
A sharp crash came from the kitchen before I could answer. Iggy gasped. Shards of glass flew through the open kitchen door towards us, and I grabbed Iggy's hand and pulled her up. I could hear footsteps and voices in the kitchen, and I put a finger to my lips to gesture to Iggy that she should stay quiet. Internally, I cursed myself for not ensuring I had lost the brown car. E.V.I.L. had found us. Slowly, quietly, we crept across the room to the front door. I put my hand on the latch. I knew that turning it would make a noise and alert E.V.I.L. of our presence, so I made another gesture to Iggy. This time it was to run the second I opened the door. She nodded, her expression more brave than nervous.
"Check the house," a voice in the kitchen ordered. It was now or never.
I turned the latch.
The door flew open, and a foul wind blew into the house.
"Over there!" The same voice cried.
We ran.
Inkpot :)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:20 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Iggy | Reality

The chloroform, it seemed, wasn't that strong. She awoke after only a few minutes to see the two agents from E.V.I.L. standing in front of her. The man was on a cell phone, talking quietly, while the girl paced back and forth in front of her.

Iggy slowly wiggled her hands, sure that she had been tied up while unconscious. Turns out, she wasn't. Amateurs! She was tempted to laugh but held back, instead quietly looking at the agents.. and waiting.

She got her chance moments later. The girl turned and Iggy quickly pretended she was knocked out, then watched through slit eyes as she told the man she was going outside for a smoke.

He continued to jabber on the phone, using one hand to wave her off. Once she left and his back was turned, Iggy pounced. She kicked him in the back and sent him spiraling to the ground, then quickly grabbed his phone and slammed it shut. Once she made sure he was unconscious, she put duct tape on his mouth and hands, then roughly threw him into the broom closet.

She waited for the girl to return, then quickly did the same to her. Once both agents were now her prisoners, she faced the computer, ready to PM Rydia and notify her of the attack when a round of persistent and annoying knocking made her sigh and walk to the front door.

"Idiot! You lead them straight to me," she hissed.

"I'm sorry, okay? I was just worried about you." The man hissed back.

She blinked in confusion. "Who are you?"

"My username is Inkpot. Ring a bell?"

"Oh yes, I remember welcoming you." Iggy mumbled, but it was lost in the air as he shushed her and grabbed her hand, leading her to the back door. "Please tell me you can jump a fence."

"I can jump a fence."

"Good. Let's go. Quietly."

They rushed across the back lawn and towards the wire fence. Inkpot went first, smoothly scaling it and landing with a quiet thud. "C'mon," he whispered.

Iggy slowly grasped the links and hoisted herself up.

"Hurry!"

She scowled at the stranger, then continued to climb slowly, yelling a curse when she reached the top and ripping the backside of her jeans.

"I thought you said you could climb a fence!"

"First time for everything. Now where do you plan on going?"

"How does, say, E.V.I.L. headquarters sound?"

Iggy looked at him in astonishment. "Just us two?!"

He simply winked and turned away, "You'll see. Follow me."

Teresa | Reality

Her fist slammed down on the table, making the untouched cup of coffee in front of AfterTheStorm spill across her lap. She didn't flinch, or break eye contact with Teresa, as she casually flicked the mug off her lap and onto the floor, where it shattered.

"That was a YWS cup."

"Bet you stole it."

"Nate was drinking from it right as my agents burst into his house and captured him," she said with a smirk.

A fire flickered to life in Storm's eyes. "You'll pay for this."

"My patience is very, very thin." Teresa hissed. "I'm done with these games. Tell me where Rydia is or I will take your precious throat and s-"

A loud knock at the door cut her off and she whirled around, eyes ablaze.

"We have Rydia."

A moment passed, then her lips slowly tilted into a smirk, and she turned to glance at the way AfterTheStorm tried to hide the fright she now felt. "Perfect. Then there is no need for this brat. Kill her."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:56 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

AfterTheStorm braced herself for the fatal blow. And the she heard a sound, faint at first; but growing progressively louder. It had a mechanical quality to it; and it seemed to wheeze. She opened her eyes and saw it.

It looked like a pink police box was fading in and out of existence, growing progressively brighter. Pages of paper went flying through the air with increasing speed. Then, with a loud thud, it landed.

The door burst open and from the small space there were a sudden swarm of butterflies and moths. There were insects everywhere, so many that the pink box was barely visible. AfterTheStorm heard some stifled cries, and when the bugs had cleared; there was a new person in the room.

She towered over the room, wearing as she was, a maternity sized version of SPEW armor. Below her lay Theresa and the other guard; knocked senseless. In her left hand was a six pack of doughnuts and in her right, a very angry cat. But the Fourth Admin was there.

"The only thing I hate worse then a deus ex machina is breaking the fourth wall," @Snoink said.

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay