z

Young Writers Society

The Baton (Open/Not Started)

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 am
TriSARAHtops says...

THE BACK STORY

In the not so distant future, a weapon has emerged that no one has ever been able to defeat. It is called the Baton, and it is unknown whether it is a government conspiracy, a terrorist plot or a scientific experiment. It is deadly, and it has just fallen into your hands.

If you drop the baton, you will die. If you do not pass it on within 24 hours, you will die. Your job is to discreetly pass it onto the the next person in time. Once you do this, you are safe. Even if you die, the baton will be passed onto the person standing nearest you.

Your job is to survive the next 24 hours. The baton has come to you.

Will you survive?

THE RULES

You can create as many characters as you like. The 'baton' will be passed onto the next person in the character list on the side. This means that we may end up with a wide variety of characters, as the story progresses. The storybook will hopefully start when there are approximately 10 characters full. Please try to space your characters out, so if you can wait until a couple of other characters are up before posting a second character that would be fantastic.

You are permitted to kill off your own character, but please consult others before killing off theirs. Characters can be revisited if you wish (as in they receive the baton again) however if there are a number of new, unused characters please take this into account.

Characters can be any age, but try to get some variety in there if you can.

As I hope to have a number of characters, the profiles can be pretty short.
Name
Nickname
Personality (this may include some history of the character)

If you have any questions, please post them in the DT.

I'm looking forward to having an awesome storybook! Good luck!
Last edited by TriSARAHtops on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:15 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Okay, so I thought I'd post some more info on how this thing's going to work. The intro's a bit vague, so I wanted to add some more detail for those interested in joining.

Basically, within your character's time with the baton, you can do pretty much whatever you like with them, so long as it doesn't break the rules of the storybook. If you want, they can live a normal day, and have to face that with the prospect of impending death, or they could try to run. As there is no strict plotline, you are free to explore how your character will react, and see where this takes you.

I'd love to end up with a wide variety of characters, different ages, personalities, circumstances, ways of reacting. At it's heart, The Baton storybook provides a way to practise your character development skills. There may be major plot developments later in the story, as we delve into what the 'baton' is.

As always, feel free to post any questions in the DT. I hope this has helped to clarify.

At current, we have the following characters (in terms of gender and age)
Female - 14, 16, 19, 24
Male - 17, 24, 39
Some variety would be lovely, however if you have your heart set on a particular character, don't stress too much, as most charcters should be accepted.

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand