z

Young Writers Society

Survival High (Closed)

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 pm
Kanome says...

Rayne Stroster

Rayne suddenly heard the alarm went off, indicating that there's a horde coming. He got up from his seat, taking out his two black pistols he kept in his bag, running out the classroom. He looked out the window, seeing the horde attacking the students outside on school grounds.

"Crap..." Rayne ran outside, holding up his pistols as he started to pull the triggers.

Zombies fell over by a single bullet as Rayne kept shooting at them.

Rayne turned to the zombies behind him, his eyes widened as he recognized the two zombies that were about to attack him.

"Mom... Dad...?"

The two zombies pushed him to the ground. Rayne looked up at them, not knowing what to do. Rayne started shaking in fear, hoping his own parents would recognize him.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Ciblio says...

Talia Martinez

While the undead were attacking my school mates, I snuck up behind one, and shoved my Katar through the side of its head.

I looked around, and saw a boy on the ground, two of the undead sniping at him. He moved himself back slowly, his face a mask of despair.

What in the hell was this kid doing?

Running as quietly as I could, I reached them, pulled one back, and stabbed it in the side of the head.

The boy let out a wail.

"Amigo, get up, unless you want to be one of these freaks!" I directed towards the boy still laying on the ground.

The other zombie grabbed at my arm, trying to sink it's nasty mouth into my flesh.

I kicked it in the stomach, causing it to fall on the ground, and stabbed it in the middle of the forehead.

"..you...monster. Those were my parents!" The boy screeched.

I rolled my eyes, and held my hand out, to help him up. "Were."

He hesitated, then took it. I pulled him up to his feet.

"Don't do that again. Jeez, man. You should know they don't come back. Ever." I said in a low voice.

I ran off to the crowd, and started stabbing the stupid undead in the middle of their foreheads.

Hopefully, this doesn't attract more attention.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Eva Wilbur
Eva had finally lost the horde of zombies that had been following her for the past two weeks. Well, more or less. She could hear the sound of a battle in the distance, not as far away as she might have liked, but after being hounded for so long, even this slight hint of respite was a relief,and whoever was out there fighting suded competent enough, if the moans of the undead were any indication.
For the first time in over a year, Eva felt almost safe. She knew that this couldn't be further from the truth. Nowhere was safe, except perhaps somewhere like Antarctica. Somewhere desolate. But danger was relative, and Eva didn't need to consult her map to know that she had made it to her goal.
Survival High, they called it. Rumours of it had spread to all of the places she had passed through, and as she caught sight of the school buildings, it finally felt as though the running had been worth it. She wished that the others were here with her, though. She was never meant to arrive alone.
As she adjusted her scarf and headed towards the school, she heard a twig snap behind her. She whirled around, but there was barely any cover, except for where the sound had come from.
"That's funny," a voice said, and Eva watched cautiously as a figure emerged from amid the trees, "You don't look like a zombie."
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm
Inkpot says...

Can I do a student? :)
Last edited by Inkpot on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inkpot :)

41 Reviews

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 am
Inkpot says...

Darius Black

"Don't do anything naughty, ok?" He said, smiling at the girl. She smiled back, her plaited hair swinging in the breeze.
"I won't. I promise," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist. Darius stroked her hair, not entirely sure what else one was meant to do in such a situation.
"Erm, you go on now," he said, as he began to realise how increasingly late he was becoming.
"Bye," the girl smiled, and released him from the embrace. She turned and walked into the building behind them, "Woodhouse Primary School For Young Ladies". Darius couldn't get away fast enough.
As he turned onto a road leading away from the school, he let out a short, sharp whistle. The white cat sitting on the wall beside him leapt down onto the pavement, and began to walk alongside Darius. The pair continued on like this until they saw the building before them- Survival High. Darius smiled.
Both boy and cat walked up the grand marble staircase and through the large, oak doors that were the school's grand entrance. He took a "welcome" pack from the reception desk and took out his schedule, still walking as he read it.
"8:00am-10:30am Weapons knowledge" the schedule stated, and though it was closer to 9:00am Darius though he still ought to head to room 267. Pheonix did not look so pleased to be going to class, but Darius stroked the cat behind her ears and she followed him upstairs, along the corridor, and into room 267.
It was empty. Bags, books and stationery littered the chairs and desks but there were no people in sight. Darius's hand instinctively flew to his belt, gripping the sword positioned there. The window caught his gaze. Or rather, what was happening behind the window caught his gaze. He walked over to the glass pane and stared out. Zombies- and a lot of them- had gathered on the school's playing field. Teachers and students alike were vigilantly fighting them off, but it was clearly a struggle.
The idea of helping them fight briefly crossed Darius's mind, but quickly vanished. No, it would be much more entertaining just to watch. So Darius sat on the nearest desk, with Pheonix on his lap, and spectated.
Last edited by Inkpot on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 am
NicoleBri says...

Layola Gringer

As everyone ran outside to kill zombies Laya took the time to escape and smoke a little smoke. She felt at ease when she was high. The woods were quiet and thats what she loved. "What are you doing out here?" She heard coming from the back of her. Quickly hiding her blunt and turning.. There he was.. All hot and stuff.

"Nothing. What are you doing out here?" Layola asked hesitantly.The boy didnt say anything and they stood there in silence. "So?" She finally said. "Yes?" The boy asked. Layola couldnt figure out what to say. Her face began to get hot. "Im Laya." Layola said. He didnt say anything but put his hand up towards her. They shook hands and both sat down.

"I'm......"

****take it from here. Guy please. Sorry it's short.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

351 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 am
Kanome says...

Rayne Stroster

Rayne looked up at the girl who rescued him from his parents. His undead parents.

"Don't do that again. Jeez, man. You should know they don't come back. Ever." The girl spoke to him in a low, serious tone as she ran off to fight off more of the horde.

Rayne stood up from the ground, grabbing his two black pistols, running to fight off the horde. As the last zombie was killed by the girl who saved him, everyone who was fighting off the horde huddled into one group, murmuring.

Rayne turned his head to the side, seeing the girl he saw in his class earlier before the horde. He started to walk past the group of students, running to her as he was panting heavily from the lack of energy. "What are you doing out here?" Rayne asked her as he noticed her turning her head to the side.

"Nothing. What are you doing out here?" She said hesitantly as they stood there in silence. Only for a moment.

"Um, what was your name again? I forgot what it was." Rayne looked at her as he smiled gently. "I'm Laya." Rayne grabbed her hand, shaking it gently as a mannered gesture.

"I'm Rayne." Rayne smiled brightly. "Just in case you forgot."

Laya and Rayne both sat down on a bench that was near them, being silent again.

"You don't have to sit with me y'know..." Laya turned to the side, hiding her blush from Rayne.

Rayne chuckled as he placed his hand on top of her head, rubbing it gently, just petting her head. "I came over here because you seemed lonely. Besides, we're friends, aren't we? Friends worry about each other."

Laya then looked at him, her cheeks pure red from his comment. "Well..."
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:48 pm
sunwater says...

Luke Garson

As the fight was coming to a end I had killed more then 15 zombies with my hatchet. I breath heavy because of my lack of cardio work that I have net done since the zombies started. I look around to see if I could help any farther then out out of the corner of my eye I see someone in a window in the school.Wow that guy could have helped like I did so i just keep looking around until a one of the older people notice me.

Spoiler! :
sorry so short just don't want to force people on my character.

46 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:04 pm
NicoleBri says...

Kathleena Vaughn

It was finally time for everyone to come in. Kathleena was more than happy to see that all of the students were safe and knew how to handle their own in a battle this gruesome. Honestly she thought some would see a family member zombie like and crack.

"Hey Mrs. Vaughn." One of the students said. She looked to the left and seen a girl looking her way. "Hey." She replied to whoever was speaking to her. She seen a girl and a boy sitting alone on a log and was immediately suspicious. "Children get into the building now!" She yelled. Layola looked toward her but glared. Her eyes had turned pale white. At least it looked like it from a distance. "Rayne you need to back away from that girl!" Kathleen a yelled as she ran towards them.

Rayne looked at her as though she was crazy and looked at Layola. He seen it too, exactly what she saw. Layola smiled at Kathleena and got up walking farther into the woods. "Sorry Rayne, I had to do it." Layola yelled as she walked.

Kathleena was speechless.

- Ayn Rand

41 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 pm
Inkpot says...

Darius Black

The fight was over.
The limbs, blood and bones of countless zombies lay strewn across the schoolgrounds, half-buried in the grass. Students and teachers began to walk away from the bloody scene, returning daggers and guns to their holsters. A handful of people stayed behind and were met where they stood by the school's nurses. Their wounds were treated and bound, then they, too, began to head back into the school.
Darius rubbed Pheonix behind her ears, and the cat began to purr. Her white fur was silk-like at its tips, and felt like stroking feathers. Darius turned away from the window, and walked over to the nearest empty desk. There he dropped his rucksack to the floor and took a seat. Pheonix didn't seem to care much for this lack of attention, and hurried onto the boy's lap before he could protest.
Dariues could hear a great pounding noise in the corridor beside the classroom, and assumed his fellow students were on their way.
"Behave yourself when they get here," Darius whispered to Pheonix, and her eyes met his in a gaze that seemed to say "do I have to?"
It was at that moment that the door to the classroom opened.

351 Reviews

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:50 pm
Kanome says...

Rayne Stroster

"Children, get in the building now!"

Rayne jumped as he heard a woman calling him and Laya. Rayne turned to see who it was. Mrs. Vaughn, the training teacher.

"Rayne you need to back away from that girl!" Rayne looked up at the teacher, confused about what was wrong with Laya. He didn't see anything wrong with her when he was talking to her a few moments ago. Rayne then looked at Laya, trying to figure out what's going on. Then he saw it, he saw what was wrong with Laya, and why he should stay away from her. Laya was turning into a zombie, one of the Undead. Rayne's eyes widened as Laya screamed. She ran into the woods as Rayne got up from his seat, Mrs. Vaughn placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry Rayne, I had to do it."Laya sighed when she stopped running, walking into the woods silently. Mrs. Vaughn walked to the school building, leaving Rayne by himself to think.

"Laya..." Rayne frowned as he walked back to the classroom, seeing someone standing at the entrance to the school building.

"You seem worried, boy." It was the same girl that saved him from his parents during the horde.

"Ah... it's you again. Um..."

"It's Talia. Talia Martinez, amigo."

Rayne nodded gently. "Rayne Stroster. Thanks for saving me back there. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah." Talia nodded slowly as they both walked inside the school.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

46 Reviews

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am
NicoleBri says...

Layola Gringer

Layola kept scratching. It was hard to even think. Rayne looked all nervous when he had turned back to her. Mrs. Vaughn acted as though she was fearful of her. "I must go back." She told herself. Running, she made it back to class on time.

Still in the first class she started sweating. Laya kept scratching her face. She began to sob hysterically. Everyone looked at her like she was crazy. "Teacher I need a pass!" She said as she raised her hand. Leaving the class she fell to the floor in the hall. "Ahhh." Was all she could do.

No one seen her misery. "Maybe I should just leave for good...." Laya told herself. She spotted a person in the hall and ran to them. "Please help me!! You have too!" She yelled begging on her knees. The color of her eyes switched from between her regular eye color and a whitish cream color.

"What is going on?" They asked. Laya cried. There was nothing she could do. "I...i ... I don't know." Laya replied. The girl pulled laya up from the ground. "Help us someone!" The girl screamed.

Just then someone came from the classroom.....

***a girl and someone else can take this =)

- Ayn Rand

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Eva Wilbur

Eva didn't bother staying to find out who the figure in the trees was. She sprinted towards the school without lookig back. Throwing open the first door she spotted, Eva Wilbur entered Survival High for the very first time.

The corridors were quiet - classes were on, Eva guessed. Flattening her short reddish hair, Eva wondered where she should go.

Before she could decide on a direction to take, a dark-haired girl stumbled from one of the rooms, scratching furriously at her face. The girl ran towards Eva, shouting for help.
"What is going on?" Eva asked as the girl fell to her knees. She sobbed that she didn't know, but Eva recognised the symptoms. Even still, she helped her get up, and called out for help, knowing what would happen next.

When the girl's eyes changed colour, Eva screamed, remembering the last time she had witnessed this. There was the sound of a classroom door opening, without looking up from the girl, Eva ordered, "Find somewhere we can put her! Go!"
There was the sound of moving footsteps, and Eva asked the girl, "What's your name?"
"Laya." The girl's voice had a fearful tremor to it. That was good. Fear meant she was still living.
"Nice to meet you Laya. My name's Eva."
Laya was beginning to scratch at her face again, so Eva asked, trying to keep her voice calm, "How are you feeling?"
"Not great," Laya replied, "Um, I am itchy and it's hard to think straight."
"Okay." Eva took a deep breath. "Laya, you need to fight this. Concentrate on my voice, okay? You've gotta focus."
"Uh huh." Laya sounded vague and hazy, which Eva knew was a bad sign.
"I mean it Laya. You're gonna have to really fight." Eva held the other girl's arms tightly, partly to stop her scratching and partly for emphasis. "Hang on tight to who you are."

Laya wobbled on her feet, and groaned, her voice almost inaudible, "Eva, my head hurts. I..."
Laya's eyes drooped and she trailed off. "Don't you dare give up!" Eva yelled desperately. She grabbed Laya's shoulders and shook her. "I will not lose someone else to this. Not you too!"
A sob escaped Eva's lips. Then, Laya's eyes fluttered open, and she almost laughed in relief.

Eva looked up and let out a sigh of relief. As her gaze moved away from the girl in front of her, she noticed a crowd had formed. A group of students and teachers looked back at her.
"Oh." Eva bit her lip and grimaced. "Hi."
Last edited by TriSARAHtops on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:00 pm
Ciblio says...

Talia Martinez

The boy I had saved, Rayne, he was nice.

He practically made me sit by him in class, saying that it was good to be with other people.

But the girl who was on the other side of him, at the next desk, was basically flailing around like a fish. She attempted to raise her hand, and managed to say, "Teacher, I need a pass!"

But before she could even get the pass, she fumbled out.

"...Laya..?" I heard Rayne whisper, staring at the door. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost.

So he knew the girl? Huh.

She looked mal de la cabeza.

I looked down at my hands, still holding on to the bandages I'd applied the day before. They were beaten up. Bruised. Bloody. Gross.

By the time I'd looked back up, there was commotion in the hall, someone yelling, and half of the class was gone, including Rayne.

Jumping up from my seat, I grabbed my bag, and ran out of the class door.

Some chick had the crazy girl from earlier, telling her not to give up. Give up on...? I shrugged, and walked back to the room. Too loud for me. I always hated loud noises.

All I knew was that Rayne knew her, and that she acted like the mad hatter.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:16 am
sunwater says...

luke Garson

They just looked at me and went inside the school blooding with all the other students and teachers. When I started to head for the school after looking around at all the zombies bodies I decided I needed to get in the school for safety. As I was walking toward the door I heard some people inside so I opened the door and walked in. When I walked in I hit a girl that looked like she was on her way out "oh sorry are you ok?" I asked the girl she had black hair that was curled.

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl