z

Young Writers Society

The Fighting Crimson

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:29 pm
Elinor says...

When researchers at Harvard University approved a research grant for a four month expedition to the North Pole, the professor who proposed it was asked to take a team of five. The purpose to study the effects of melting ice caps on the polar bear population, the professor picked four environmental science students in their senior year who were, by far, his brightest.

You are one of the five students chosen to go. @Rydia will be the professor. For you, it is the opportunity of the lifetime. When they arrive, everything at first goes well. But then their findings start to become few and far between. The sense of isolation and frustration begin to deepen. The nearest village is a nine hour helicopter ride away. You begin to turn on each other, and it soon become clear that whatever happen, they expedition will end prematurely. What will you make if this situation?

The spots:

Spoiler! :
Student - Elinor Brynn
Student - EllaBliss
Student - Janika
Student
Student
Professor - Rydia

Since there are so few spots, I would like you to only sign up if you know will be one hundred percent committed. I want to have a small dedicated team of storybookers ready to see this through.

To join, I want you to submit the bio:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b](21-22)
[b]Appearance:[/b](a picture will suffice, but include a written description if you wish)
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

Please let me know if you any questions at all!

*I reserve the right to deny any profiles if they are not realistic or I do not feel that you will contribute to the storybook in the way I am seeking.
Last edited by Elinor on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:35 pm
Hannah says...

What's the topic of the workshop?
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:55 pm
Elinor says...

Everyone will come into the workshop with a lose idea for their character. In it, we will forge the complete character, and go into it with a strong understanding of who they are and what they will contribute to the story. We'll do some on plot outlining, but it'll mostly serve to develop characters.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 am
Elinor says...

Hey guys, change of plans!

This will no longer be a workshop, just a straight storybook. Submit those profiles!
< 3

-- Walt Disney

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:08 am
AlmondEyes says...

I was thinking about joining, but where's the DT at?
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee