Young Writers Society

Searching for an Original *Accepting* *Not Started*

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:43 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Genesis 1:3-31-
On the first day God created light. On the second day he separated the waters forming oceans, on the third day he created dry ground. The Fourth Day with the sky now clear, the sun, moon and stars were dependably visible. They were to serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years. The Fifth Day he created the animals and on the Sixth Day he created Man. From the man, he formed woman and by the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all his work.

Light and Dark, the first angels ever created are missing. And the world is falling apart. God is sending you, his other originals out into the world to find them, so that the seven of you can fight the demons taking over earth together. While you're searching, Light and Dark have been separated. One walks the earth, lost and alone, trying to find it's other half. The other is hidden deep within Lucifer's domain, going mad because of the separation. Will the originals be able to find their way to both Light and Dark before it's too late? What will you find if you reach Lucifer's castle?

The Characters-

The Originals are the first angels ever created. Created on the days when God created Earth, they posses powers that correspond to the days they were born.

Spoiler! :
Dark And Light
Light and dark are intertwined. Whatever one feels, the other feels. Whatever physically happens to either of them, the other feels. They are dormant during their realms. Light is asleep during the day, and Dark during the night. Dark is in control of the shadows, and light has a burning touch, and is so bright anything that looks at him directly will die and wither.
They can shroud themselves in darkness/light, if they wish to be invisible. Light and Dark when they are together are the ultimate fighters. Dark is defensive, while Light takes the offense.
However, when the two of them are separated, they'll each start to go mad the longer they're apart.

*These two characters are owned by the same person*

Water
Water can control anything aquatic when there's a source nearby. If there's no water nearby, Water is basically useless. Water posses the power to manipulate water to do whatever the angel wants, and communicate to any aquatic being in a body of water. The more polluted the water around them is, the weaker Water's powers are.

Earth
Earth can control anything organic/earthly (excluding water). Earth must have both feet are the ground to use their powers, however. Earth can manipulate anything organic, but if it's polluted, Earth begins to be violently sick. The only thing that can cure Earth, is to eat fruit from the Tree of Forbidden Fruit in Eden. As a result, Earth carries the fruit on their person.

Animal
Animal has 'animal like' reflexes. He can merge in any animal he chooses, as long as he's had that animal in sight in the last 24 hours. The only problem is, when Animal becomes an animal, he adopts the personality of that animal. His mind has to constantly battle with the mind of the lion or eagle he's shape shifting as. However, there are ways around this problem. Most of the time, Animal just takes on characteristics of animals. The speed of a Cheetah, the head of a Viper. That way, he stays in control. The moment he's wounded in battle however, he goes back to just being normal, so he can go into direct contact without backup.

Man
Man is unlike the other Originals because he doesn't have any supernatural powers that aid him in a fight. He just has heightened Man-like reflexes. He can fight, but his strength doesn't surpass that of the best human on earth, and neither does his skills for fighting. His talents lie outside the battle field. He's clever and can trick any man, because he knows all man's secrets. After watching humans for millions of years, he knows all their history and tricks. He can spot liars from a mile away, and demons too. The problem is, he can only sniff out demons if he's paying attention. If he gets distracted, demons can slip under his radar fairly easily. If a human does him a good service, he has the ability to bless their life. However, if a human does something bad, he can damn them as well. Because he's Man, he has emotion, and has been known to fall in love with a human or two.

Rest
Rest can control dreams and what people do in their sleep. He can put people into an eternal sleep, but this unfortunately doesn't work on demons. Rest has always claimed it never works on demons because demons don't believe in God, and one of the ways he enchants people is listening to their prayers. He has a radio in his head that tunes into any powerful prayers in the area. If something is mentioned in a prayer, he has the ability to make whatever that person may be asking happen. Rest is not a fighter. He usually stays out of battles, because his fighting skills aren't very good at all. When a human is dying and is in pain, Rest has the ability to change it and let them go peacefully. The only problem, he himself and the person on which he's working his magic must both have slept in the last 12 hours. Thus, Rest takes naps often.

Slots-

Spoiler! :
Light And Dark- *ElinorBrynn* and *Aquestioning*
Water- *JabberHut*
Earth-*ScarlettFire*
Animal- *Lumi*
Man- *Iggy*
Rest- *SparkOfDoubt*

This is a by-acceptance-only SB. Because it is so small, I'd like to have a group of people that are willing to work through it and finish it. I not only want polished characters and well thought-out posts, but I want dedication. If I don't think you fulfill any of these requirements, I will be using my discretion on adding you to the Storybook.

Profile Template-

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all

[b] Name-[/b] (Biblical Names, please)
[b]Age-[/b] (15+)
[b]Gender-[/b]
[b]What type of the originals are you?-[/b]
[b] Appearance-[/b]
[b]Personality-[/b] (likes, dislikes, quirks, pet peeves, strengths, weakness... etc. etc.)
[b]Other-[/b] (Anything else you'd like to add/share or anything I forgot!)

[b]How do you feel about hand-to-hand combat?[b]
[b]Are you okay with killing humans?[/b]
[b]How do you feel about demons?[/b]
[b]What's the hardest thing for you to do in the world?[/b]
[b]What do you find most interesting about the human race?[/b]
[b]Would you rather stay on earth than return to Heaven or vice versa?[/b]

[/spoiler]

Rules-

[spoiler]

-No Godmodding
-I am the god of this SB, and reserve the right to moderate how I chose
-Posts MUST be at least 300 words
-No double posting
-A post every few days is nice, and at least a post a week is required
-Post all OOC posts on the DT thread.
-Romance is not the plot of this SB. It is an addition.

There will be a titan pad for plot discussing, and a chart in Gdocs for overall plots to keep us on track made once I have the characters all together and ready to begin plotting. Remember, all OOC posts in the DT!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:00 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

When Dinah awoke, she found herself in a dark and unfamiliar place. Her memory was fuzzy and she had a splitting headache, so it was hard for her to think. Her last memories of how she had gotten where she was were wispy-- there were invaders, someone grabbed her, she lost sight of Adri, and then she blacked out.

"Adri?" Dinah called, quickly realizing that she was far away from Heaven. Heaven was never this menacing. In the distance she could make out a fake orange glow and hear the crackle of fire. There was wicked laughter. Could she be in Lucifer's domain? It didn't seem possible, but there was no other alternative.

"Adri, help me," Dinah said weakly.

That was when she heard footsteps. A young woman, not quite her age, was carrying a tray of food. She had an empty, gaunt face, reddish skin and dark, stringy hair.

"Supper," she said, her voice raspy.

"Where am I?"

"I'm not supposed to speak to the prisoner," said the woman under her breath. "You are she, from Heaven."

"Who do you serve?" asked Dinah.

"I serve Lucifer," she said. She handed Dinah the tray and darted off. But Dinah was in no mood to eat. She had jut spoken to a demon, but she hadn't been frightened. This one had been pathetic, sad in a way. It was a very curious thing.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Talitha

The long road trip was, in a way, relaxing. Tally felt herself start to calm down as she settled back against the driver's seat, paying half attention to the road. Besides her was a purse with a fake ID, $500 in cash, and a water bottle.

Jolene Blackwell was her name, and it meant nothing to her. It was just a coverup, a fake identity, something to keep her safe for the next few decades. It meant about as much to her as the gravel she was driving on.

She was leaving California behind, leaving Maryanne Simmons and her burnt down house behind. She was leaving one life for another, for a Jolene Blackwell who was moving to Illinois. In retrospect, Tally should have moved out of the US for a while, but she was feeling rather.. dauntless. Besides, she preferred the US over any other country, with the UK coming in second.

At the moment, she was passing through Kansas, and was considering stopping for dinner, when the car stalled.

She barely managed enough gas to twist the wheel and pull off the road. She blinked and leaned forward, glancing at the gas meter. It was halfway between full and empty. Annoyed, Tally tried to rev the engine again, with no success.

That was when her vision blurred and she cried out in surprise. Her hands flung up, rubbing her eyes, but it was useless. Her vision went black and she crumpled, head slumped against the wheel.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau