z

Young Writers Society

Renewed Ancient Struggle

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm
KingLucifer says...

For a long time, the Black Moon Pack has ruled an out of the way, Native American town. The Black Moon Pack has defended their territory from invading packs that have been searching for a new place to call home. They have been successful so far, for the last five hundred years, keeping their home and defending it while remaining unknown by the current residence of the town. But lately, a new presence has made it's way into town, something that hasn't been in town for a very long time. The presence of vampires have crept into the town, making all in the pack feel uneasy. There is no evidence that they are there, but their wolf like instincts tell them otherwise.

Meanwhile: A vampire clan, the Blood Fang Clan has moved into town, they had recently lost there territory and their leaders. High Priest and Priestess Morla have been killed during the attack, only leaving a handful of the clan left to survive. With no indefinite leader to lead, someone has to step up and take on the new Leadership roles. But that's not all, like the werewolves, they have sensed another presence as well. Left with no where else to go, the clan is forced to stay in the town. The only question is, when these two groups meet, will there be peace, or will the humans be caught in the middle of an all out war between the Vampires and Werewolves?

Information on Vampires
Vampires live in a Matriarchy, meaning women, especially mothers, run both Political Leadership and Moral Authority, which means they control what is right in the clan. Vampires have clear and defined roles, male Vampires are Guardians and Protectors, they have abilities such a super strength and speed and are very resilient to pain. Women are heavily intuitive, almost to the point of seemingly psychic. They weave great rituals of magic to endow their Guardians and Protectors with protection and healing. They do not die in sunlight, instead they lose most of their ability when in it. They do drink blood and can temporarily regain there vampiric abilities by drinking fresh blood. When in sunlight, they tend to look sickly pale, and have their senses dampened. Vampires can only be killed by cutting of their head or draining them of blood.

Information on Werewolves
Werewolves are split into a chain of three, the Alpha/Lupa, the Betas, and the Omegas. The Alpha is the male leader of a Werewolf pack, the only person the Betas listen to. Lupa's, however, are not in charge of the pack, but can influence the Alpha to do as she wishes. Betas are the soldiers of the pack who serve the Alpha and Lupa, the more Beta's there are, the more powerful the Pack becomes. Omegas are the bottom of the pack, wolves who are picked on by the Alpha and Betas, usually the last ones to eat. Or they are wolves without a pack and choose to be alone. Werewolves are all about leadership and survival, they take territory and do all they can to defend it because they feel it is their home. Their only weakness when transformed is silver, when in human form they have all the weaknesses of humans. But when human, they have heightened senses, and animistic instincts that help them survive. They do not have anything else besides those two things.

The Pharamoaned
The Pharamoaned are humans with supernatural ancestries. They are usually orphaned and do not know of their ancestry because they were separated from their parents when they were infants, or there parents were killed. But someway, somehow, they are destined to follow there ancestry. The Pharamoaned typically display signs of their ancestry once they start developing into themselves.

Vampire Pharamoaned: They appear gothic, loving the darkness, and shunning the light. They refuse the normal and try to dabble into the paranormal. To other Vampires, they smell like fresh blood, there scent tends to put them under the radar of Black Moon Pack.

Werewolf Pharamoaned: They show to have natural leadership, having groups of people around them and look to them for their leadership. Because they're Werewolf Pharamoaned, they normally get picked up by the pack within the first month of the school year. They normally smell like a wolf or dog. They also may or may not have a fondness of dogs and a hatred for cats.

Slots: Blood Fang Clan
Spoiler! :
High Priestess: Astrid Blanch (EzioAuditorre)
High Priest: Ramundus (Dante)
Priestess:
Priest: Andrew Fidelis Amethystos (Redfang18)

Slots: Black Moon Pack
Spoiler! :
Alpha: Walter Edward Kavanaugh. (Shadowlight)
Lupa: Denae Cody (SageN)
Beta: Jackson Doll (ReisePiecey)
Omega:

Slots: Pharamoaned
Spoiler! :
Human: Vampire - Baal
Human:
Human:

The Rules
- I reserve the right to tell you to change your post as many times I must.
- 3B4ME: Once posting begins you must wait until three people after you have posted before you can post again. This is to prevent immediate replies and leaving other people confused and out of the storybook.
- You are not to post Out of Character Posts for this thread, if you wish, do so in the DT but not here. I will remove them, if you have a question, find me on Instant Messaging, Messages, or the DT.
- I do not mind swearing in the smallest, but please there are some people who cannot take the swearing, be considerate of how much you have your character do so.
- Normal YWS rules apply, Mod's do check the threads every now and again.
- I will ask you to use the "Create a Character" section to post your profile and not the actual thread here.

Profile Template
Spoiler! :
Alliance: (Werewolf, Vampire, Pharamoaned.)
Position: (None if Pharamoaned.)
Appearence: (Pictures are welcome, but no anime. If there is a picture do not worry about this.)
Personality:
History: (No, I don't remember stuff.)
Up for love?: (If yes, gay, straight, or bisexual.)
Other:
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:31 pm
KingLucifer says...

Ramundus - Abandoned House

I leaned against the wall of the abandoned house that the few remaining of us had decided to occupy. Andrew stood across the room sitting on the ground, it was deathly quiet in the room the ladies sat on the couch that happened to be left behind. There was no TV in the house, no clocks or beds or anything else besides the couch left behind. We didn't mind the cold since we couldn't really feel any difference in temperature. Astrid and Callista sat on the couch, neither bothered to chat, the reality of our situation was setting in.

"The Blood Fang Clan, gone, and we are all that's left," Andrew said finally breaking the silence.

It was true, the four of us were all that's left of the Clan, the High Priest and Priestess had died in the attack. We had barely made it out ourselves and had travailed since.

"So what do we do, go our seperate ways or do we try to rebuild?" I said.

"I say we should rebuild, with me as High Priestess since I do owe the Blood Fang Clan a lot," Astrid said.

I turn to look at Callista, "do you have any objections to her declaration?" I asked.

Callista merely shook her head, then I looked at Andrew, "I wouldn't mind taking High Priest. Do you mind Andrew?" I asked.

"Not at all, I honestly don't believe I make a very good High Priest," Andrew said.

"So it's final, me and Astrid are High Priest and Priestess."
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 pm
Redfang18 says...

Andrew - Abandoned House

I gave no objections to the decision. I was right, after all. The four of us were the clan's remaining testaments and Astrid also right about suggesting to rebuild the clan. We all owed the clan a lot, since the clan had taken some of us in when we were close to dying. I drew my sword and sighed contently. The sword in my hand was my crowning achievement in my mortal days, but the clan gave me a chance to fulfill my birthright as a knight when I never got the chance during my mortal days. Although almost seven centuries old, I knew I was never qualified as a High Priest, so Ramundus was better at it than I was. He was older than I was, so he had the right.

There was no bad blood between Ramundus and myself. He was a good friend and a great sparring partner. He was good with the rapier, I could give him that. I never really asked him about his story, let alone where the clan dug him up, so to speak, but all in all, he was good to keep our fencing skills sharp. The former High Priest and High Priestess never complained about that before the attack that took their lives. Now with Ramundus and Astrid succeeding the ones who are deceased, it left me with Callista as my charge.

Ramundus' voice snapped me out of my train of thought. "Something on your mind, Andrew," he asked.

I sheathed my sword and shook my head. "Just thinking, my friend. Just thinking. The attack has taken a toll on all of us who survived. We may have to lay low for a while, in case we've been followed since the last attack. We can't grow lax, if you don't mind me speaking my mind. We're the survivors of an attack that could've killed us as well if we didn't escape, although even battles back in the days of yore have taken a toll on the knights who came and went."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 am
Basil says...

Denae

I walked through the forest, eyes closed, letting my nose guide me. Once again, my thoughts had returned to my childhood. I’d let my mind wander, which is never a good thing. And when my mind wandered, it always took me to the problems I knew I had to fix, but could never bring myself to face. This would result in my anger rising, and I’d have to walk away.
The soft pine needles beneath my feet calmed me somewhat. I loved how my nose would tingle whenever I got close to a tree, and how, when I passed one, I could feel the bark scraping lightly against my skin. I never smiled, but it felt nice.
I kept walking until my anger dissipated. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in the same place I always go when angry. My scent there was strong; obvious that I’d been here often and for long periods of time.
And again, my anger rose because I wanted to go somewhere different. I sat down where I was, and just listened to the sound of the birds in the woodland, the wind in the trees, and my breathing as it would steady. I knew that eventually, I’d have to return to the pack, but not until my anger went away, and I could go back and smile. I had to keep my thoughts on a tight leash, because if there ever came a day when I couldn’t walk away, I’d be screwed.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda