z

Young Writers Society

Old Hobbies (Starting Soon)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 pm
View Likes
CaptainFinick says...

Ok so I wanna start a storybook that's fun and that the people who are involved can play around with. I mean I'll have a basic plot in mind but otherwise people involved can play around with what's going on. I'll always keep those involved updated of impending plot landmarks and stuff like that. So if something big were to happen in the plot I'd Personal Message those involved and we can discuss it and decide if there should be any changes etc.

So here's the backstory:
There are three criminals. The first (Charlie "Charles" Philips) is a former high end bank robber who settled down with his cash in an expensive house in Los Angeles. He quit the criminal life after his big score of $500 million worth of gold. Now aged 49 his mid life crisis is kicking in and he's often reminiscing about his life as a bank robber.

The second (Hedley Jackson) was a former drug dealer in the 1990's who succumbed to his own addiction and ended up an addict. He resurfaced in late 2006 and is now trying to build up his own criminal "empire" which is actually little more than a trailer filled with heroine and guns. Jack is an aggressive psychopath who plays by his own rules and is known for threatening, injuring and sometime's killing those who get in his way. Now he's 45 and desperately scrambling to build the empire he dreamed of.

And the third (Johnny Strange) an East London hard man well known for running a successful drugs operation and for constantly evading the police by carefully hiding his criminal activities. He's young, barely into his late 30's and is well known as a ladies man who's often seen in London's best clubs.

The question you're all asking yourselves: What links these three?

They're all suddenly kidnapped and when they wake up they're all tied to chairs in an old, abandoned warehouse. Which is where the fourth and final main character comes into play. Harold Blakley is a 39 year old, psychopathic, sociopathic, English criminal genius.
Tall, muscular and a better criminal than all three of the others put together he's kidnapped them for perhaps the greatest heist in criminal history.
What are they trying to take? What are they going to hold to ransom?
In answer: The United States of America.

So there's the back story, the main plot what those who are interested in it will do with me is that we'll decide how it unfolds.

Right now I'm not sure how's it's going to workin general so please Personal Message me if your interested in doing it. Or you can leave a post on my profile page.
Cheers dears.
Every day is different.
Sit down at a desk with a laptop or piece of paper.
Pick up a pen.
And seize the day!

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:38 am
View Likes
WillowCutz says...

I am intrigued. I'll get thinking right away.

So if I read this right we have three sorta criminals: the money, the ambitious, and the newbie. One mega genius (will we have a power struggle here with him. I assume he has a lot of planning gone into this, but that does not necesssarily mean he is always going to be the leader.). And they are going to try for ruling America. (I'd go for Canada, it's more like the baby sister, damsel in distress, that everyone wants to save)

Dibs on Hedley! Be just a few minutes...
Sometimes it's nice to just laugh at yourself!
I should know, I do it all the time!

33 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 am
CaptainFinick says...

Yeah. Their plan isn't so much to rule American as it is to hold it to ransom. So there'll be a lot of stuff building up to the actual heist. So there'll be recruiting a small number of people to help with it. For example: computer hackers, drivers, gunmen stuff like that.
There'll definitely be a power struggle but there'll also be a lot of friction between the money, ambitious and the newbie because of their different operating styles and different lines of crime.
Every day is different.
Pick up a pen.
And seize the day!

69 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:51 am
View Likes
WillowCutz says...

I sort of imagine Philips as Jay from Modern Family, and Hendley as Daryl from Walking Dead. Thoughts?

69 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:51 am
View Likes
WillowCutz says...

okay if I start working on Strange?

33 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 am
CaptainFinick says...

Yeah, feel free to start working on Strange.
I've never really seen Walking Dead or Modern Family.
But if I had to compare Hedley anyone it'd be Trevor from Grand Theft Auto V. I dunno about Phillips though
Every day is different.
Pick up a pen.
And seize the day!

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 pm
Skyguy says...

Is there a way I can get in? Im intigued by the idea of gunmen, maybe a private security group?
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

33 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:17 pm
CaptainFinick says...

Aha, I'd love to have you in it.
Although we'd need to come up with a fifth character for you which you and I could chat about and decide on.
Every day is different.
Pick up a pen.
And seize the day!

69 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm
WillowCutz says...

Re: fifth character
It needs to be someone no one would expect. It doesn't need to be someone who'd stir things up because their personalities together do enough of that. Perhaps the team could benefit from some mechanical skill. (and please no super computer whiz, it feels to overdone) Someone who understands enough about computers to do what he needs and knows locks, but super nerds are way overdone and it feels lazy to have them able to break into everything at the flip of a coin.

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander