Young Writers Society

Collision: Started/ closed

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Kaya

My hands shook with the pure thrill of it all, but I kept an arrow on the string of my bow, my legs prepared to spring at any moment. My eyes widened at the sight of the lord rising and when he pressed something on the device, I assumed it was a weapon but waited before shooting it.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

109 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:14 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

(Oops, adjustments.
1. She was talking about Paul, not the lord.
2. She did NOT shoot the device, she stopped herself before she shot it.)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 pm
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

Selena was about to turn and follow Torkon when Taggar stopped and headed that way. Instead, she continued inspecting the dead lizard's body. She mentally made note of evey little thing about the monster: the sharp yellow teeth, the slimy green scales, the cold yellow eyes, the nasty claws, and the long, whiplike tail. Suddenly, she noticed something clasped in the lizard's right claws. Picking it up, she looked closely at the object. It was yet another strange metal object, wrapped in a piece of crumpled paper. Smoothing it out, she attempted to decipher the scrawled words. She was unable to read them.

Celestia spoke to the others. "Come over here, quickly, please!"
They crossed the room, confused. Handing the parchment to Kaya, she spoke.
"Read this, it may assist in giving information, but I am unable to decipher it. She looked more closely at the object while Kaya squinted the sloppy handwriting. "What could this be?"
Last edited by PeanutPhoebe on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:37 pm
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Taggar: Seeking Torkon, a Reminder of Home

Up until this moment, Taggar has remained near the back of the group, pensively examining the situation unravel before his dark, knowing gaze. He acquired a vast amount of knowledge about the varying creatures moving about him simply by intently observing, analyzing, and listening with sewn mouth. However, all past notions of lingering out of reach from the others are diminished as Taggar notices Torkon slip away from the pack as he silently migrates towards the doors. Something seems strangely familiar about the way Torkon speaks and dresses, and it intrigues Taggar, reminding him of a faraway homeland...

Unnoticed, the young man stealthily swaggers outside to speak with Torkon, his eyes glinting with curiosity at this strange situation he has stumbled upon.
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:12 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Paul's heart was racing fast, and he wasn't sure whether to be scared or not that ta voice was coming out of the walkie . . . he couldn't remember what the calm voice on the other side had called it. He was about to speak into it again when the glass turned a bright red. Letters in white appeared. Detonation in 5 seconds

Detonation? Wait, that means it will be destroyed!

"Look out!" he shouted, hurling the walkiethingymajig out towards the window. It crashed through and landed somewhere outside. Only then did Paul realize that Torkan and Taggar had left the room. A second later a small explosion broke the silence.

He dashed to the broken window, peering out. He spotted Torkan and Taggar both on the ground next to a big section of burnt grass. Smoke wafted away. Several bystanders took off in multiple directions, one of them screaming: "Terrorists!"

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"What was that?" Tara asked running to the window as people ran screaming. She was still wanting to examine the creature more, it was something she had never seen. They had many things back home, but nothing like that. It wasn't an animal and it wasn't a human or any other species she had ever seen.

"Terrorists!" Someone screamed down below making her heart pound as people ran in fear. They had to leave or they were going to be in trouble with whoever was in charge in this world.

"Um, we need to figure all this out somewhere other than here." She said as she looked at Tagger and Torkan on the ground. "We need to leave."

She booked it out of the room and down to check on Tagger and Torkan and to get as far away from here as possible.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

109 Reviews

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Kaya

I ignored the situation for a moment as I looked at the writing. "Hmm.. I can only pick out a couple words.. And, you, we shall.." I glanced up and noticed the commotion. My eyebrows knotted as I tried to figure out what was happening.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:56 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Torkon (Outside the Apartment)

Taggar joined me within minutes, his eyes scanning the strange world in front of us as he sighed.
"Strange, isn't it? All of this..."

"Like something from a dream," Torkon agreed, walking down the staircase as Taggar followed. "Actually, I still am not convinced that this isn't a dream. Before I came here..." his voice trailed off in memory. He saw Kaira's soft blue eyes pleading as she begged him to come and join her in battle.

"What happened?" Taggar asked, and Torkon felt as if he had a friend in the man who had been silent up until then. He seemed like someone who might have come from home, and Torkon longed to open up and share his pain with someone else.

"My sister, Kaira, asked me to fight with her. And I refused; I don't know why. I shouldn't have. But then, just years later, no one will believe me. My brothers are convinced that she died almost ten years ago. But I know that I saw her just two years ago. I'm sure of it, but no one believes me. She didn't die ten years ago, though. There was a fire, but she didn't die!"

Torkon's voice had risen to a shrill, frustrated cry, and a few people passing on the street looked up in surprise, but quickly averted their eyes again as they saw the strange appearance of the two boys.

"I am sorry," Taggar said. "Maybe she is connected to this mystery?"

"Maybe..." Torkon began, but he didn't have time to say anything more before a shiny metal object landed on the sidewalk nearby. The two of them looked at the object curiously, the same one that had been in the hands of the monster earlier, and then up at the window.

Just then the metal exploded, sending Taggar and Torkon onto their backs. Torkon wiped blood from a cut on his forehead and sat up gingerly. His body ached, but he was mostly unharmed.

"Terrorist!" someone screamed, and he noticed angry, terrified glances.

"Paul!" Torkon shouted up at the window. "Paul, we need to get out of here!"

Tara arrived just then, hurrying over to Taggar, who was still sitting with a dazed look over his face. "Are you okay?" Torkon asked, distractedly glancing over at Taggar but not waiting for an answer.

"Tara, we need to get out of here. Get him up." The other members of the group had come down the stairs now and Trokon turned to them. "We need to go! Lorcan, is there a train or horses? What is the fastest way to get out of here?"

Torkon felt a pressure bearing down on him and he suddenly felt panicked. He couldn't understand it,, but he had the pressing sensation that they were in grave danger.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

109 Reviews

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:32 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Kaya

I felt a sharp share of metal dig into my back and arched in pain. I couldn't reach it well but finally found it, my fingers closing around the sharp object. With a grunt, I tugged it out, feeling the blood start to run over my hand. I tore off the bottom of my shirt and wrapped the fabric around my chest, staunching the bleeding. I looked up and noticed the panicked people around me for the first time. I wasn't sure what their reaction was going to be, so I started towards the group, but then I saw an empty contraption, a car, I thought it was called and the key was on the seat. 

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:15 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Paul didn't know what the sirens blaring in the background were, but he did know that they needed to get out of this town to a secluded spot. Lorcan was standing right behind him. He turned to her.

"Do you anywhere outside of town where we can go?"

She picked at a fingernail, seeming unconcerned. "Nah, I never really do much outside of town."

Paul ran his finger through his hair. Several . . . loud vehicles pulled up, blue and red lights flashing in circles on a metal bar on the top of the white and black things. The others in the group just stood there. Paul began to get sweaty palms, and his whole body shook with adrenaline and fear.

Several men dressed in dark blue popped out of the vehicles, pistols trained on the group. Paul swung his rifle on his back, whipped out his tomahawk, and grabbed Lorcan's arm, shoving the blade to her throat. Everyone stared at him in disbelief.

The first man in blue (a larger fellow, clean-shaven and medium height) spoke loudly. "Put the weapon down and release the woman."

His voice was like steel, but there was no way Paul was letting Lorcan go. Of course he didn't intend on killing her, or even physically harming her, but the men with guns didn't know that.

"No, you back off or I'll hurt her." He kept his voice level, and betrayed no emotions.

The second cop, a tall spindly man looked nervously tat the larger man. "What do we do then?"

"Release the woman." The fat man took a step forward.

Paul pressed the tomahawk closer to Lorcan's milky, unblemished skin. "Stop right there or she dies!" Paul whispered to Lorcan. "Who are these men?"

"They happen to be called the Police. They are the men who keep this town safe from lunatics like you."

"Then they wouldn't hurt my friends would they?"

"Not unless your friends attack them." Lorcan whispered back, fidgeting.

Paul looked at the group. "Run!"

They all stared at him.

"Run!"

Slowly they began to move, and then Torkon took off like a streak of lightning. Taggar followed. Selena and Kaya took off in a different direction, Just then a second car pulled up and more Police jumped out. Tara attempted to get her whips out, but was overwhelmed before she could.

Paul took advantage of the commotion to take off with Lorcan. Surprisingly enough she willingly followed. They went down an alley filled with garbage, down another road, and then they were out of the small town. A grey road swerved down a gradual hill. About half a mile down the road it became sided by trees. Eventually it looked like it turned to a forest. Perfect

The pair took off down the road. A siren blared behind and a police vehicle came zooming towards them.

Spoiler! :
OK, sorry this took so long to write.
Now you can all run to wherever.. You are all in pairs except for Tara, sorry @TNCowgirl. Tara can get taken to the police station, and you can do whatever there. If you want then one of the group can rescue her, or she could be let go. There aren't really any charges on her.

109 Reviews

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Kaya

I took off a different direction from the rest, hoping to distract them, or at least give them some chance of me rescuing them if they were captured. I felt like a coward though, running wity my tail between my legs away from the fight. I turned and saw the princess, Selena, running after me. "Why did you come?!" I panted, slowing my pace to match hers.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 am
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

Selena slowed down, now that she had caught up with Kaya. "I came to escape from those men, for the same reason you did. I thought we would be better in pairs, at least. There is safety in numbers. Don't you think we ought to go back and find the others?" She spoke slowly and quietly, while slowing down even more.

Kaya replied logically. "Not until those men have left. We can stop here for a few hours, then return. Maybe then we will find our comrades."

Celestia agreed with Kaya, and as they had reached a small forest, she went off in search of wood. Coming back with a few good chunks and lots of twigs and kindling, she soon had a roaring fire. She took out two apples from her pack and tossed one to Kaya. After they had eaten, they lied down to rest, so they would be ready when the time came to go.
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

109 Reviews

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:14 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Kaya

I breathed in the strange smells, a smile creeping across my face as I did. Ah, the smell or the future... I rolled over and looked at Selena.
"How much will us appearing here change the future? And the past, for that matter.." she looked slightly lost for an answer, so I continued. "I mean, we might have thrown off the balance of history with us coming here.."

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte