Werewolves! [Open To All]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Werewolves!

The curse of the werewolf has infected YWS. No one realized the danger until the moon cycles froze on the full moon. Nate broke YWS' internal lunar code, and for the entire month of October, the moon is always full.

Under normal circumstances this would be fine and dandy, but recently @SparkofDoubt, @Hannah, @567ajt, @LouisCypher and @Rosey%20Unicorn began looking a bit too furry...some say because they've caught...the curse.

It is our objective as the citizens of YWS to track down the source of the werewolf curse and put an end to it, or at the very least, repair the lunar code. Are you with me?

Allons-y!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:53 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Jager stumbled over a tree's root protruding from the muddied earth; leaves clung to his clothes and he was certain that if he didn't keep running, he would be the next victim on the list of users to shoot on-sight. He scrambled to his feet and continued running, breath abating more rapidly than his heartbeat.

Jager ducked behind a dumpster and pulled his knees to his chest. The snarling animals ran past him, on towards the Short Story sector. Jager took out his phone and messily dialed up @carbonCore. "Mother Russia, this is southern belle, southern belle to Mother Russia. Do you copy?"

A thick Belarusian-Canadian accent replied on the other end. "Indeed do I copy, Southern Belle. Allocate to me your coordinates and I shall deploy a platoon to rescue you."

"I'm in the Chat district, north 24 blocks, east 17, landmark @Blackwood's cafe."

"Allocated coordinates have been registered. Please stand by for interception."
-Shinji Moon

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:18 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

One can have many forms of cafe's; the list can prove to be quite extensive.
One can have garden cafe's, maid cafe's, seedy cafe's, coffee cafe's, but in Backwood's case you have an anti-romance cafe. It was the type of cafe that kicked out budding couples as soon as they stepped through the door, scowled upon flirting glances, and had the set of burly bouncers outside turn away anytwo who looked like they were married.
As a result of this, Blackwood's cafe was a haven for crazy-cat-ladies, pesky @VeerenVKS s' and antagonistic old men.

However recently the cafe had seemed to be becoming a dog cafe. Not for the customers, but because of the trouble that had been happening out the back for night after night. Howling, growling and scavenging mess indicated that some pooches were possibly in the heat hanging around.

It takes not but one curious night when the canines were particularly loud, and one Noobish assistant by the name of @AriaAdams to investigate the noises by opening the backdoor to clubs tab, and then stepping out into the night never to return.

Meanwhile the most notable owner, Blackwood, noticed a commotion out the front window. A poor soul trying desperately to communicate on his phone when inevitably a group of huge and hairy figures loomed upon him, just a mere pounce away.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"N-N-Nice doggies! E-easy now..." Jager backed against the wall as a werewolf in a tutu, whom he imagined could only be @SparkofDoubt, crept closer, fangs bared. It looked like the end for old Jager. He had nowhere to run, @nobody to turn to. All hope was lost.

It was then that, fortuitously, a man with a thick Australian accent wandered near, whistling (in his accent) a tune that sounded eerily similar to the elevator song. When he rounded the corner, he saw the bipedal canines and froze, his lips pursed in a scrutinizing O. It was @chibibo, and he was about to be mauled.

From the other end of the street approached @Tenyo, gun hoisted over her shoulder like a cocky soldier should. She hacked a loogie and spat it on the ground. "Ey beasties. Come get some!"
-Shinji Moon

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

Veeren sat comfortably at his regular table in @Blackwood's cafe; comfortably because his seat was specially made for his delicate back, and regular because the only time he wasn't sitting at it was when he decided to order something else and when he had to relieve himself. He hadn't been outside of the cafe for years, and so he was blindly unaware of the events taking place in the outside world.

Luckily for him he had people like @dutifulwriter and @thewritersdream to fill him in on all of the small details of the world, such as the weather, politics, and even how high the gas prices had been getting. Of course none of these trivial matters bothered him. It wasn't until @ChangeTheWorld had shown up screaming something about werewolves earlier that day that he'd been a bit disappointed that he hadn't been spending more time in the real world.

Nevertheless, he decided it was time to come out of retirement, and so he called on his trusty sidekick @Iggy to come to the cafe later that day and break him out. All he had to do now was wait.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Meanwhile. Iggy was in her apartment in Queens, NY. "And so I told him, no, I can't make it to the Twilight premiere because Angelina Jolie hired me to babysit her 20 kids tonight," she grumbles to @Carina over the phone, who was acting odd and doing things like panting and licking the phone, blasting her ear out with hot breaths.

"Bark."

"I know, I hate werewolves too, so I don't mind. I mean, hey, at least the job pays good." Iggy agreed, then frowned as her Nokia beeped. "Hey Carina I gotta go, @veerenvks is calling."

~

"I'll have a fresh mug of coffee, @Blackwood. And when I say fresh, I mean fresh. Hand ground beans, milk from the healthiest cows, and only sugar made from sugar canes grown in Brazil." she told the cafe's owner as she passed by him and made her way over to Veer, oblivious to his reaction.

Flopping down in the seat across from him, Iggy crossed her arms across her chest. "Let's get one thing straight here. I am not your sidekick, child. Capisce? Just because you're like 864 days older than me, and you have a signed document from my mom saying I have to assist your retired butt does not mean-"

"Here's your coffee-"

"I DON'T EVEN LIKE COFFEE." she smacked the mug out of Blackwood's hand and dug a purple rupee out of her pocket, slamming it down on the table. And with a "Let's go old man," she dragged Veer out of the cafe and into the real world.

"Listen, we've got problems, Veer. Carina is acting weird, but before she went all puppy-esque on me, she told me that there was a rabid duck on the loose. It seems the dirty, nitty gritty @Rydia busted @Blues out of the zoo again and he was bit by some werewolf things and now he's gone rogue."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:48 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

As thewritersdream watched as @Iggy dragged @VeerenVKS out, her mouth dropped open.

Now what was she going to do with her life?

She had sat there telling the weird old man everything he needed to know to keep him bored as anything. She told him about things she didn't even care about. She even started making things up! When @ChangeTheWorld came screaming about the werewolfs, she was interested as well. But she had no place going out to fight the fight. She would stay in the safety and security of @Blackwood 's beautiful little shop where she could drink all the coffee her heart desired. She turned towards @dutifulwriter , she was looking kind of confused too. "What do we do?" thewritersdream asked wondering what possibly they could do.

Suddenly @CowLogic busted into the cafe, he looked like he had been running from someone. "EVERYBODY GET DOWN! THEY'RE COMING, THEY'RE COMING!" he yelled taking out a shot gun. Everybody in the cafe ducked while the constant growls of the mad animals outside got louder and louder. Oh no! What were they to do? CowLogic seemed to have a good idea, while the wild dogs were attempting to break into the cafe he stood in front holding the gun up, his hand was shaking slightly but it wasn't nervousness, he was ready to do what he had to do.

@Auxiira was the first warewolf to break through the glass that had protected them for so long.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

332 Reviews

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

With years of cafe experience, Blackwood knew one thing for certain about 'raids'.
We are not talking about simple armed robbery raids here. The bouncers can take care of those. Here we talk about supernatural raids. Zombies, werewolves, or crazed citizens who had tried to kill you that time....

And as @Auxiira burst through the window, in all her hairy glory ,it was not so much the doggy beast that evoked fear in Blackwoods soul, but rather the @CowLogic beast, whom which Blackwood had stolen much milk from(which was used for @Iggy 's coffee), and who now had a gun.
, Blackwood knew to follow the golden rule that was the one thing for certain.
-Never tell anyone "quick follow me!" as you head for the secret escape route.
-Make sure the large beastie is thoroughly distracted by the other food sources, and quickly escape up the secret escape chimney that happened to be in that very room, and hope that no-one follows you as to lure the beast on your trail.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:36 pm
View Likes
Dutiful says...

As @CowLogic burst into the @Blackwood 's fabulous cafe, dutifulwriter or 'duti' in short knew something was up. She should have seen it coming the moment @Iggy dragged @VeerenVKS out of the cafe, but she'd just thought that the old man had finally found a hobby.

Quickly followed by CowLogic was @Auxiira, looking all hairy like a werewolf was supposed to look. There was a time when she would have scoffed at the idea of such supernatural babble, but the minute @ChangeTheWorld had informed herself, @thewritersdream and Veer about werewolves, she started believing in them. She knew Change wasn't lying, she trusted her.

Duti looked across at thewritersdream or 'dreamy' who looked equally scared as she felt. "What do we do now?" dreamy asked. Duti didn't know.

Auxiira the werewolf was quickly followed by others and soon a pack of wolves had started ruining Blackwood's beautiful furniture.

Leaving no time to waste, duti grabbed dreamy and dragged her to the corner of the cafe where they hid under the table which was located in a somewhat secluded spot. They just needed an opportunity. As soon as the doorway to the cafe was rid of all furry things, they could make a run for it.

And now they had to wait.

There was no other noise except the deep breathing of the wolves. Suddenly, she heard a crash on the table above her. The person who'd been thrown screamed.She didn't need to look up to know who it was that had been thrown over. It was @Deanie .
She heard Deanie whimper in pain. Duti wanted to help her, but if she did then who would save them?

But luckily she didn't need to because the werewolves suddenly threw Deanie over one last time and ran out of the cafe.
She waites a few more minutes before getting up from her spot. She looked over at Deanie who was now unconscious. Dreamy rushed to revive her.

Duti walked upto the entrance of the now ruined cafe and looked out. She had no idea why they'd run away from the place. None of it made any sense.

Where was Iggy? And Veer? Sure, he was a bore sometimes, but that didn't mean she wanted that old man hobbling down the streets when there were werewolves running amok.

She hoped everyone was safe.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

When Deanie woke up all she could see was Dreamy's face. She blinked a few times and gathered her focus.

"I-I tried to hide under the table but -"

"It's okay," Dreamy said as she helped Deanie up. Deanie hobbled on her injured leg, looking around the café anxiously. @dutifulwriter was out of her chair, looking outside longingly. The café that they had all known so well was a mess, after the rampage of @Auxiira

Leaning heavily on Dreamy, Deanie watched duti take some steps outside. They followed and saw the group of wolves huddled around @Jager and looking at @chibibo. A threatening @Tenyo was poised, ready to interfere.

DUCKKK!

The yell came from nowhere. All Deanie, Dreamy and Duti could do was drop to the ground.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

It had been a bad day right from the block for Auxiira. She had looked into the coffee pot that morning and seen nothing. Absolutely nothing. And everyone knew that leaving Auxii without her morning coffee was liable to make her snap. And snap she had. Whilst going to get coffee at @Blackwood ‘s café. Along with a few other of the pack, apparently. Going furry wasn’t the best form for grabbing a coffee. @Blues had been caught up in the mayhem, and Auxii was pretty sure that @Rydia was regretting busting him out for his own safety.

She found she couldn’t get through the door, and just barrelled through the window, seeing @CowLogic, @thewritersdream, and @dutifulwriter in once glance as she trotted over to the nearest table and lapped up the cup in a matter of seconds. The rest of our small pack were running around. After a few minutes, @LouisCyper started tossing @Deanie around.

She growled a little. @SparkOfDoubt, @Hannah, @567ajt, @LouisCypher and @Rosey Unicorn were lingering outside, waiting, and they couldn’t be lingering around here too long. @CowLogic’s gun thingy was looking dangerous.

As she ambled out of the café, Auxiira wondered how @Nate had got the moon cycle stuck.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:58 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

"I hope @Auxiira doesn't realize that this isn't a real gun," thought Cow as he stood very nervously in the middle of the cafe, whilst exuding fake confidence.

@thewritersdream and @Deanie and @dutifulwriter sat behind him. He needed to look good for the ladies. "Avast ye starving beasts," he yelled, as the werewolves smashed through the glass of @Blackwood 's cafe, or "that place I go to to get free udder massages inexplicably from greedy businessmen."

His life flashed before his eyes. Playing baseball in the street with @Aquestioning and @Paige, grilling hamburgers and hot dogs on the @fortis after a long day of sun, informing @indieeloise of the post-decapitation life spans of cockroaches and chickens in order to prove a point about Obamacare. But the flashing soon ended when he realized he wasn't dead.

Auxiira bounded towards him, and he pulled the trigger of the toy gun, making a click sound.

"Oops." Cow threw himself into a corner and curled up into a fetal position. Then @Lateritic came to him in an alcohol-based hallucination. She reminded him that he couldn't give up until he avenged her death by The Great Duck.

Reinvigorated, he sprang up to realize that everyone had already left, and he had been cowering in the corner for no reason.

"Time to save the world," he said. "But first, some coffee."

The milk in the coffee tasted very familiar, but he couldn't put where he had tasted it before.

"Hey there, fate," said a familiar voice from behind him.

Cow turned to see @BlackNether12 standing behind him, boombox on shoulder. "We settle this right now. Let the Tarantella dancing contest begin!"
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Jager took his chance as the wolves burst through the glass windows. He made a bee-line for the fire escape and climbed up the metal ladders, emerging on the rooftop with his hair matted to his face. Just in time, too, as @Blackwood emerged from his secret exit chimney. Jager pointed his Mod Gun squarely at him.

"@Blackwood, you're under arrest under the jurisdiction of the Storybook Police, hereby effective as of 2300 hours. Your charge is as follows: breaking and entering the mainframe hall, stealing and corrupting the lunar code, and assaulting @Nate and @Griffinkeeper as they attempted to stop your thievery. Do you have any questions?"

"Yes," Blackwood answered, holding the beautiful blue lunar code out in his hand. "Why do you take so long with your monologues?!"

He turned and leaped to another rooftop, making a mad dash towards the poetry village. If he made it there, he'd be out of Jager's territory, and in the den of @PenguinAttack and @Meshugenah. He could only hope for the best. @Blackwood was his catch, and he would make certain that he'd nab him. So he took off after @Blackwood and hopped across rooftops in the rain--until something blindsided him. A growling, bloodthirsty @JabberHut had him pinned to the rooftop.

"Do it!" he yelled. "Get it over with!"

@Blackwood stopped and turned to watch as Jager's scream echoed through the entire village.
-Shinji Moon

332 Reviews

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Bother! The master plan had turned out to be not so master at all. Not only had Blackwood been spotted making off with the prized and stolen possession, but @Jager had been hot on the trail the whole time. The simple cafe owner alibis had not been sufficient enough to conceal the criminally insane mind that had driven Blackwoods motives to cause havoc on this fine month.

At that very moment @Nate and @Griffinkeeper should be successfully tied up and contained, guarded by his midget minion, @SlushySlapped who had proved to be a useful associate in the crime. If it was not mistaken, the other midget minion, @Carina, would now be on the run as she secretly smuggled the werewolf anti-dote to the "safe house" location, hidden somewhere in YWS.

Blackwood contemplated watching his pursuer be consumed ironically by @JabberHut, another person who had always been suspicious of the charming thief's activities, but decided against it. What was the fun in causing havoc if there was no one to enjoy it and attempt to bring it to a stop?

Blackwood produced a large roast @Snoink pork from his pocket, and threw it across to the rooftop of blogs. The were-beast picked up its scent, and bounded after the delicious flavored temptation whom was trying desperately to squeal away.
It was unclear on if it was too late for @Jager, as he had clearly been bitten, but had not been completely mauled to death.
Blackwood pocketed the Lunar code safely, then vanished into poetry, giving a smirk as he departed.
YWS was going to get a whole lot wolfier if all went to plan.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Sniff.

Claw.

Sniff-sniff.

Rake.

Grooowwwl.

Howling. In the distance. Her ears perked up, and her bitten prey squirmed a few inches away.

"Ha-OOOOOOOOOOOOH!"
I make my own policies.

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard