z

Young Writers Society

The Lost Island

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Plot: Waking up in the middle of no where, you find yourself trapped on an island, everything is bigger there. All the wildlife creatures look to be bigger than normal making insects able to kill you. You try and find your way off of the place but when you get out in the open you realize it is all surrounded by water. Somehow throughout trying to figure your way out and how you got there you find other people are also trapped. Will yall work together and try to get off the island? If you accomplish the feat, what happens next?

Character profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History (basics):
Skills:
Up for love:
Relationships with others:
Other:

Spoiler! :
** Post character profiles in the sidebar please, and also throughout the SB you shall find weapons to help you ward off the huge creatures, you may choose what you find!

Storybook Rules:
Be creative.
Has to be more than a paragrapth.
No God modding
Romance is allowed, not too descriptive
Have fun!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:40 am
NicoleBri says...

I just want to post on here to let yall know we might start this weekend maybe? I hope we get maybe 2 more people then we really can start because 6 will be a good number.

@umaima please post your character soon!

- Ayn Rand

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 pm
umaima says...

Sorry, my internet timings reduced to only a certain days thanks to all thos epranks I did... If I am not able to post until this tuesday you can cut off my name :(
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

46 Reviews

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer & Gabriella

I woke up to the sound of my two year old crying. "Baby what's the matter?" I ask her. "I don't know where we are!" she exclaimed. Looking around I seen that we were laying near a big blue ocean of water. "We are just at the beach darling." I say trying to calm her even though I had no clue where we were.

Her tears began to lighten and turned into a smile. I stand up and pick her up in my arms holding her close. I had to see how to get out of here, I had to do what I had to do for my baby girl. Her eyes looked of pure joy and excitement at the water but thankfully never asked to get in it.

We walked around for a little over an hour and never seemed to run into anybody or see anything new like maybe a road to get out of here or just a new scenery. I sighed because of how helpless felt. I had to keep my daughter safe no matter what it costs me.

By now, I wouldn't mind running into someone, because maybe just maybe they could tell me where I was at and I would know im not alone. I heard a groan in the woods and someone finally appeared. I ran up to them with Gabriella in my arms.

"Where are we?" I ask.

Someone take it from here and sorry it is short, it will be longer later :)

- Ayn Rand

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:21 pm
View Likes
umaima says...

Jamelia Annabeth Collins

"Agh" Jamelia groans as she open her eyes, the bright light almost blinding her in the process. She closes her eyes again, still feeling sleepy. Wondering why her bed is being so uncomfortable today, she shifts to make herself comfortable. She moves her hands around in search of her cushions and pillows but fails to find any.

She groans again in frustration and makes herself in a sitting position rubbing her eyes in the process. Finally when she feels herself awakened, she looks around. And when she does, everything makes her feel like she is in a dream... a beautiful dream.

In front of her, the water clashing on the stones and reaching the sand, the wind blowing softly and playing with her hair, the other side covered with the kind of trees she only saw in pictures, birds chirping around her and herself... in a loose white beach dress which covered her beautiful legs.

'Am I dreaming', she thinks to herself as she stands with the support of a huge rock lying beside her. She sits on it for awhile admiring the scenery around her and then pinches herself. What frightened her was she felt the pain and that meant clearly that... she wasn't dreaming.

Jamelia wasn't some one how would panic so easily though. She took a few deep breaths and tried to recollect her memory. She settled herself on the rock and closed her eyes, concentrating on the voice of the water clashing with the rocks in the sea. She kept on thinking and thinking but nothing came to her. She couldn't remember anything.

She felt exactly like how she had felt 4 years ago, lost, alone and lonely. Hugging herself tightly she finally decided to take a look around, just how she did before. Though there was a big difference between now and then.

That time, she was in a hospital and it was easy to find out about things but this time she was in the middle of nowhere, only she wasn't aware of it yet.

She started walking towards the forest, afraid of the unknown. She felt the cold breeze pass her and clutched her hands closer to herself, it was cold and her dress did her no good. She passed many huge trees and kept looking around with amazed eyes.

Sure, she had no idea where she was but that didn’t cover the fact that the place was beautiful. So beautiful, that for a moment, she felt like to stay there.

Jamelia’s stomach groaned and she knew well that she was hungry. She started looking around more intently, thinking how great it would be if she could spot a tree with some fruits. She found nothing though, the trees were all covered with huge green leaves but there was no sign of fruits or any eatable item around.

Jamelia didn’t give up though, she wasn't someone who would and apparently she didn't even have a choice. She didn't walk deeper in the forest; she started walking around it. She could see the beach from here, which assured her safety and at the same time she was in between huge trees.

She carefully kept on searching for some fruits or anything eatable as a matter of fact. Not finding any near the beach, she finally decided she was going to go fishing. She started collecting some wood and placed them on the sand near the beach.

Thankfully, the wind slowed down and when she looked at the sun again, she knew it was afternoon. Pretty obvious as the sun was blazing to it’s brightest.

Jamelia carefully picked up two stones of the average small size and started to rub them together. She didn’t know how to make fire through them but yeah, she had watched enough movies to know how to try doing so.

When finally she was unsuccessful, she put the stones down in frustration and got up, this time deciding to go deeper in the forest. As she did, she heard a small voice coming from the other side of the beach.

She starts jogging towards the sound in hope that she would meet someone and was glad when she heard a sound again, this time clearer “We are just at the beach darling” She heard the woman say, from what she could make out it looked like it was the voice of a young woman.

Jamelia smiled and rushed towards the voice with a lot of hope. When she finally came face to face with the person she smiled more widely. She was surprised to see a small, innocent and cute child in her hands who also was smiling widely at her. Before Jamelia could speak the girl in front of her spoke “Where are we?” she asked.

Jamelia felt the small hope inside her to break into a million smaller pieces. ‘no’ She thought ‘you should know’. A tear escaped her eyes as she looked at the girl. “I don’t know” she said in a small voice.

The small child quickly escaped the girl’s hands and ran towards Jamelia, hugging her legs. “Don’t worry, this sweet lady told me we are at the beach. Mommy told me beaches are good so don’t cry” She spoke in her angelic voice.

Jamelia smiled at the child and sat down near her, kissing her left cheek. She was just the most adorable girl Jamelia had ever seen “And what is your name?” I asked

She sweetly smiled at her and said “Gabriella”

Jamelia got up and made my way towards the other stranger in front of us, who as standing there with worried eyes. “My name is Jamelia” Jamelia said and brought her hand in front of her.

“Jennifer” the other girl said as she shook her hand. “How did you get here?” She asked in a small voice, grabbing Gabriella in her arms once again

“No idea” Jamelia said in a disappointed tone “You?” she asked

The girl name Jennifer chuckled and said “Same here”

After their short but important conversation, the girls got along well. They started searching the island together for food and fortunately found some peaches.

The peaches were delicious so they grabbed a couple more, built a wooden carrier and put as many peaches as they could in it. Later when the sun seemed to be going down, they decided it was best to go near the beach.

When they reached the beach or whatever it was, Jennifer put up some fire and the two girls sat beside each other. Gabriella sleeping soundly on Jennifer’s lap. They both put up some hay that they found near the peach tree on the sand and slept.

As sleep crawled to Jamelia, she thought “Why of all people, am I here?” But of course, the question was left answered… at least for now it is.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Jake Michael

Where was I? The last I remembered, I was laying my head down on my pillow, in my room, in New York. But here I was, in some new place. I had spent about four hours running around this place to only find out I was on an island. Was something meant to happen?

Within the hours I spent exploring the island, I had no encounter with any other human being. Was I alone? Shaking my head, I remembered what my father taught me. The number one rule in the wilderness: You must always survive. If I was going to survive, I was going to need shelter, food, drinking water, and a weapon.

It took me about an hour to build a make-shift shelter, and to make a basic wooden spear with a sharp rock as the point. I walked back to my little campsite , with firewood in my arms, and built up a small fire pit. Grabbing my flint and a pocket knife, I managed to start a fire. After about five minutes, I heard a branch snap behind me. I turned around, on high alert, with pocket knife ready.

Spoiler! :
This can someone entering.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 pm
Dreamy says...

The roaring sounds of waves woke her up, she lay awake staring at the sky. "Is this a dream? she thought. "Well, dreams are always nicer than the reality." She tried to close her eyes, to never wake up to the crucial world she lives in. She turned to her right side,only to see the rising sun. Annie sat straight, scanning her surrounding,she was amazed to see what lay in front of her. She tried to shake it off, but the scenery stood majestically in front of her,daring her to explore it. Isn't this all she wanted in her life? Something beautiful of her own, no sharing and nothing. The emptiness made her feel alive, the cool breeze changed her soul. She longed for this all her life which made her think if this is true.

Annie stood to get a clear view of where she was. She took a long breath before letting out her worn out soul. Leaving out the last breath of dependence,before starting her new life of Independence. That's when she heard the foot steps and sound of someone dropping the logs. She walked at the direction of the sound, hoping not to see a man.
Last edited by Dreamy on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm
AsianQueen17 says...

Breydon

I woke up just a few hours ago. I was by the ocean, waves crashing over me. I didnt know where I was, still looking around I couldnt find as to where people are or how i even got here. It was just my luck that i got trapped in this darn nabbit mess.

I walked in a little path way, hearing people I wanted to see who they were. I looked over a bush. "Joy, it is 2 girls and a little girl." I say under my breath. I roll my eyes, girls were just to much, i miss my girlfriend, and i just hate seeing girls since she left me. I stood a little and finally walked out. I couldnt live on my own or even possibly survive this place without other people and they were my only hope.

"Hello there." One of them said. I just rolled my eyes. "Well arent you a sour puss?" the other one said. The little girl still smiled up at me. "Hello." she said with a little shy voice, it was actually the cutest thing i ever saw.

I couldnt let them see i had a weakness for children. I still smiled. "I'm Breydon." I replied.

A few seconds later there was a rustling in the woods. Two people came walking out. Great more people.
Last edited by AsianQueen17 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 pm
Tenyo says...

*Figured I'd drop this in. It shouldn't interrupt Queen's post.*

Vance tumbled out from the undergrowth onto the beach and scratched his mess of blond hair vigorously.

Man. This was one deck of a hangover.

He'd woken up in worse places- but wasn't Paris landlocked? Maybe he wasn't in Paris last night. Days at a time can go missing when you're drinking from someone else's wallet.

Clothes in tact. No new bruises. Pockets empty; more common than not but he could swear he had a harmonica in there last he checked.

He fumbled about in the sand and looked back into the dry bushes he'd fallen from, but the effort to go and search could wait.

The sand was hot and the sun was delicious, and for now he was more than happy to adopt the starfish position and stay there till the tide rolled in.
We were born to be amazing.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm
ChangeTheWorld says...

Ian Dornic

Ian woke up from the cold. His teeth chattered together as he wrapped his arms around himself, not that it helped. Upon opening his eyes all he saw was darkness. blinking a few times, his eyes finally adjusted and he could make out tall shapes all around him. Trees? Getting up unsteadily, the soft dirt compressed beneath his weight. What was this, some kind of forest? Walking a few feet in each direct, he couldn't see anything else, trees and dirt, and there were definitely animals. He couldn't find them through the blackness, but he could hear them and he didn't like the sounds. Not dwelling on the fact that he had no idea where he was or how he'd gotten there, Ian got smart and climbed a tree. No way was he trying to get eaten before daybreak.

Ian was a pretty good climber, he wasn't sure way, maybe he just had the body type for it. Either way it didn't matter. He made his way to the highest part of the tree strong enough to hold his weight and looked over the other trees. On one side he saw water, on the other side he saw water. Great, an island, just what he needed. Barely five minutes since he'd woken up and he could already envision himself going crazy like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Next thing he knew, he'd be talking to a coconut like it could hear him.

Somewhere in the east he saw a tiny spiral of smoke from a fire. Either the boars here were really smart, or there were other real live people. He was banking on the latter and decided to head that way when he could see more than two feet in front of him. Sunrise, he decided. Until then, sleep.
"I'm gonna make a change for once in my life.
Gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference.
Gonna make it rrriiiggghhhtt!" --MJ

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm
thelostone says...

Avalon

Sunlight flooded my sight as I opened my eyes. I immediately realized I wasn't home. The question is: where am I? I groaned and sat up, the hot sand underneath me burned the back of my legs. I dug my fists into my eyes, trying to make sense of what I'm seeing.

Am I on an island? The soft sounds of the waves crashing against the sand told me I was. I slowly stood up and wobbled a little. I grabbed for the end of my braid and nervously toyed with it.

What if I'm alone? How will I get home? Can I get home? My breathing became very heavy and I felt my heart pound inside my chest. I gulped and cautiously began to walk towards the water.

Calm down, Av. You're going to be alright.

No matter how many times I repeated those lies, my breathing grew faster and black spots began to take over my vision.

I kept my glare on the horizon hoping that it would calm me down, but the tears still pricked at my eyes.

I don't know what scared me most, the fact that I'm in the middle of nowhere or my full on panic attack that's building up inside me.

My heart banged in my chest so hard it began to hurt and I was now panting. I broke my gaze away from the horizon and frantically looked around.

The small black spots clouded my vision again and with a soft thud I passed out onto the sand.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

115 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:15 pm
ChangeTheWorld says...

Ian Dornic

He'd slept way longer than he anticipated, the sun was well on it's way into the higher parts of the sky and he cursed. What if the people from the fire were gone. Not that the island was really all that big, but it was possible he would never find them again. He quickly hoped down from the tree and made his way east, thankful for the natural sense of direction he had. No use in giving up hope yet.

He'd only been walking ten minutes when he toppled right into something. Looking straight ahead, he hadn't expected to trip over a human lying on the ground. A sense of urgency and relief filled him. Yes! A living breathing being. But wait, was she breathing? His heart raced a little as he bent to take her pulse. She hadn't reacted when he'd practically stepped on her. What if he'd just encountered his first dead body ever? What was he supposed to do with it then? But his fingers told him her heart was beating.

Ian sat next to the girl in the soft sand and brushed her hair from her face, examining the showing parts of her skin for injuries. Her head seemed fine, no bumps or blood at all. The rest of her body looked intact as well. So why wasn't she responding, this obviously wasn't just some deep sleep.

He leaned over her. "Hello? Anyone in there?"

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:34 pm
thelostone says...

Avalon

"Hello?"

My head started to ache and I could feel myself slowly coming back.

"Anybody in there?"

I scrunched my face together and opened my eyes. A guy was leaning over me, his eyebrows knitted together in concern. His light brown eyes peered into me and suddenly I felt very self conscious. I have to admit, he's pretty cute.

My cheeks burned with embarrassment as I shot up. My head pulsed again and I rubbed my temples.

"Oh my god," He gasped. "Are you okay?"

I let out a small laugh. "Yeah. Happens all the time. Well not all the time, but you know."

Great. Now I'm rambling.

"I'm Ian." He smiled and stood up.

"Uh, Avalon." I squeaked. "But you can call me Avie if you want."

He held his hand out and he helped me up. "So, do you know if we're the only ones on here?"

I dusted myself off and silently studied him as he surveyed the island. His hair shone in the sun and his arms were nice and toned. My favorite aspect was the splash of freckles across his face. I was so intently watching him that I forgot to answer his question.

"Oh!" I laughed again, blushing hard. "Uh, I don't know. I kinda flipped out before I could figure that out."

115 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 pm
ChangeTheWorld says...

Ian Dornic

Avie, he liked that. Actually, now that he wasn't wondering if she was dead or not he noticed how pretty she was. Her cheeks were slightly red in a very cute way and she sort of looked at him innocently for direction. It wasn't like she knew anymore than he did. Being the boy, no man, he was a man. Being the man and all he decided to take the lead, even though he wasn't sure of anything really.

"Well I saw a fire," he looked around trying to get the directions back. "That way." He pointed. "So I say we go there."

She agreed and they began to walk. What were they supposed to do now? Was small talk appropriate when you were stranded on an island with a complete stranger? What was the normal way to act on an island anyway? Ian could feel himself getting into his head, but he didn't want her to feel awkward or embarrassed, and if they ended up being the only two people here, he certainly did not want to make a bad first impression.

"So, Avie, nice name by the way. Think I forgot to say that. Where you from?"

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:03 pm
thelostone says...

Avalon

"So, Avie, nice name by the way. Think I forgot to say that." Ian smiled at me as we made our way through the thick of some trees. "Where you from?"

"A tiny town in Michigan." I said.

"How small?" He asked.

"Small enough for no one to know where it is." I sighed. "But it's nice I guess."

"Any siblings?" He asked. His arm brushed against mine and my cheeks burned again.

"Five, actually." I squeaked.

"Wow." He breathed.

"Yeah. Me, Aidan, Ariel, Aaron, Annaliese, and Alyssa. All-" My sentence was cut off when a branch snagged my leg, tripping me in the process. "Dammit." I groaned. My leg pulsed and I could tell something was in my leg.

"Are you okay?" Ian held his hand out to help me up.

I bit my lip and a small whimper escaped as I pulled a big thorn out from right above my ankle. A small red circle was the only indication that something was there.

I sucked my cheeks in and stood back up, slowly putting the weight back on my ankle.

"You okay?" He repeated.

I nodded. "Stings a bit but I'll be fine."

"Come on," He urged. "The fire I saw can't be too far away from here."

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables