z

Young Writers Society

The Lost Island

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 pm
Hanorah says...

stephanie

I smiled at Gabriella, thinking about how she would see this whole island thing, would she see this as an adventure? Or as a bad dream?

I would have given anything to be a kid again, since my parents had left me I thought about how lucky Gabriella was with having Jennifer.

'Hey you wanna help me make a fire?' I asked Gabriella and she smiled back and nodded.

'Come on' I took her hand and we went looking for branches just off the edge of the camp, I had this weird feeling something was watching me, everything felt off.

Clack clack clack

'Was dat?' Gabriella asked her eyes sparkling.

'I don't know, Gabriella' I furrowed my brow

clack clack clack

'Gabriella, run to your mom'

'Is this a game?' She smiled

'Yes..um..you have to get to your mom as fast as you can, but your not allowed look back,ok?' I smiled.

'I like games' she grinned and ran off, I watched her go until I saw Jennifer wrap her armies around her and I sighed with relief.

CLACKITY CLACK CLACK

I turned around and right in front of me was a spider.A GIANT spider. It's shining eyes looked like it was cruelly thinking what way to eat me.

'What type of island is this?' I whispered to myself, I grabbed the sharpest of the sticks I had and I poked it in the eye, It took a step back and I realised my mistake....I had just made it angry
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm
Dreamy says...

Annie Lapse

To her disappointment she saw a human who was standing erect. Annie took few steps back to leave the place but the way the girl stood was suspicious. She walked closer to see the girl,"Is she been frozed?" she thought. The girl was tall and pale, there was no blood circulation in her face, she did seemed frozed to her. Annie came out from the tree to call the girl. But to her surprise, a huge spider stood in front of the girl, the girl pulled out a stick from no where and started to fight it. Kindling the anger of the spider.

"You got to stop that" said Annie.

The girl jumped on hearing Annie's voice. A slight smile of recognition passed on the girl's face.

"What do I do?" asked the girl.

"Run!"

They both ran holding on to their dear lives. Annie ran faster than she could, she did not wait for the girl, "Humans bring trouble" she thought, when she realized that the girl was no longer running with her. She hesitated a moment to whether to stop but gradually her leg gave up, she turned back and saw the girl standing half a kilometer away. She was pale again. Annie signaled her to come, but the girl shook her head horizontally. Walking on to the girls direction Annie asked, "Now what? An ant?" without a smile. The girl narrowed her brow, breathing frantically she said, "No, the child!"

"What the...? Your child?" asked Annie.

She shook her head again, catching on her breath, she said "The lady and the child. We left them. Alone. They were with me."

"But we don't know where we are. How can we find them?"
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer & Gabriella

My baby ran into my arms, she was shaken with fear. My motherly protective instincts kicked in. "What is it darling?" I ask worriedly. She wouldn't say anything, just pointing, I didn't want to bring her with me but I had no choice. "Lets go have a look." I tell her. Gabriella freaked out and I heard someone as they touched my shoulder. "I will take her for you." It was Breydon, I had no clue he would even bother saying anything.

I gave her to him and looked at him as to say thanks but without words. I ran off into the place she had been pointing. When I got there, I saw Stephanie and another girl trying to fight off a spider, it was gigantic and ugly. Grabbing a stick I wacked it twice in the head but my stick broke.

Finally the girl I didn't know killed it. We sat down immediately and were huffing. "That was a huge ass spider!" Stephanie said exasperated. I nodded but couldn't think to even say anything. After a moment I finally caught my breath. "I have to get back to my daughter!" I say and jump up running off. Stephanie and the girl took off running after me, I guess to get back to the group.

Once all back together we fell to the sand all tired. Gabriella jumped from Breydon and came running to me. "Mommy what is it?" she yelled. I sighed and cuddled her but before I got the chance to speak there was a big bang and it sounded as though it was something running. We looked to the woods and there it was.

"What do we do?!" Someone yelled.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 am
Dakushau says...

Yaakov O'ki

Before I was even quite done talking I noticed the confusion on the man's face and the way he froze, how his grip on his flag tightened and how his eyes became wide and transfixed on my mask. He just stood there staring, like his eyes were gazing into a never ending maw, or at some nonexistent entity or form. After a few seconds, he started to shake slightly. He was frightened. I felt as though I could almost sense his fear in the air like a quivering breeze.

I took a step forward, toward the man. That was a mistake. As soon as my foot moved that one step the man seemed to almost jump, and suddenly he cried out repeatedly in a very loud, half-crazed, and near lunacy like voice, "Yokai!!!" Immediately he took off at great speed in the exact opposite direction of me, still yelling and screaming incomprehensible gibberish as he ran.

My first instinct was to follow the man, and seeing as there were no other people in sight it seemed my best option. So I sheathed my sword - for the threat of the dragon did not seem quite as urgent for some odd reason - and prepared to give chase when suddenly, something caught my eye. I walked over and stooped low to pick it up, it appeared to be a conch shell. It must have been dropped by that man. Suddenly my attention returned to the man, he was still in sight, but just barely. Good thing I'm a fast runner. I decided to hold onto the conch shell and fastened it to my waist. After making sure it was secure, I dashed off after the man.

I quickly shortened the gap between us, partly because I had great speed and in part because of my long legs, which helped because I had a taller frame compared to the other man. As I got closer however, the man only got more frightened and ran faster as the adrenaline pumped through his body. Obviously chasing him was doing nothing to help in calming the man's fears toward him, but not giving chase would result in losing him.

Almost suddenly, the stranger vanished. Huh? What has caused him to vanish before me? A mere tree stands between the two of us for maybe a few seconds and now he has vanished? I ran to the tree and looked about me. The man was nowhere to be had. Suddenly I heard something and looked over. There was small pit, laying not far from the tree. I walked over to it and, as was to be expected, found the missing man. He was lying on his back leaning against one of the walls of the pit. So, he fell did he? I jumped down into the pit, and as I did so the man tried to shuffle backwards away from me, but the wall blocked him.

I had to calm him. Already he had started yelling in terror again, eyes transfixed on my mask. That's it, I'll remove it. So I did. I lifted my arms and pulled the mask from my head, tucking it under an arm. "It shall be all right. Quite thy exhale of penetrating vocals, I grow tiresome of this rubbish that thy mouth is screaming." I told him. "Now, I believe I asked thee whom thou wast, and of which kingdom thou wast of.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:14 am
ArahAkachi1 says...

Jake Michael

Jennifer and Gabriella walked off and I stood up stretching about to follow them. As I stood up, I heard a strange sound coming from my fire pit. I glanced around before carefully walking towards it, and leaning over it.

At first, all I saw was ash and I cautiously brushed it aside. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I saw a giant python, about fifteen feet long, curled up tight. I grabbed my makeshift spear and plunged it into the snake. I jabbed and jabbed trying to sever the head from the body when I felt the snake's teeth bite into my leg.

Taking out my knife, I swung the blade down as hard as I could down on the snake's neck, finally severing the head which was still attached to my leg. I staggered backwards, falling down. I grimaced as I yanked the snake's unmoving head off my leg, ripping off a section of my skin. I screamed again, and looked at my bleeding leg.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain