745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:54 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Erique
Merde...

"Vorget about ze Jazmine! We muzt hurry!" Eric wasted no time in abandoning his cookie sheet shield in place of Annie's hand, tugging her along to the stairs as the cutlery around them swung into position to fricassee them dozens of times over.

"Oh, Eric. Don't you want to play? We can play all day. Play...A love game."

Eric stopped in his tracks, fists clenched. "Mai toutes les planètes dans l'univers être collés dans votre imbécile!"

Jasmine leaped from the floor, hovering several yards in the air. Her voice boomed with thunder. "HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE GREAT BEINGS BEYOND!" The knives dropped to the floor with a great clatter, Jasmine spread her arms, and purple fire billowed from her eyes like demonic fire.

"Annee, I zuggezt we run now."

"I zuggest you're right!" Annie took off up the stairs as Jasmine cast fire at them, catching onto the wood of the stairwell.

"Claude, pleaze produze a barrier of zorts!"

"FLAAF!" Its tail glowed a brilliant purple as it created a light screen to shield off the hallway.

Jasmine approached through the fire. "Tragic, tragic, tragic, how little you understand about the multiverse. Unspeakable (unspeakable) how your tricks and slights of hand conduct your business in this world, yet how easily we, those beyond your being, see through your collective of idiosyncrasies." Jasmine shook her head and touched the light screen, shattering it. "You are merely one of the consumable whole, a conduit of greater being awaiting consumption as a lamb in wait at a guillotine."

There was a moment of stunned silence.

"Perhaps if you were children, then your minds would be less convoluted with trivial corruption. Surely you cannot suffer so long due to the misdeeds of your producers." Jasmine peered at Annie, through her eyes and deep within her. "Yes, before your being was consumed by your mother's fatigue...we must regress...return to the point of conventional collective thought. This is just the answer!" She laughed.

"Annie, get behind me," demanded Eric. His skin was white as snow, drained of complexion in fear.

"Yes, Annabelle Leigh, cower behind the coward!"

The shadows in the halls amassed around them. "Perhaps you would like to see your friends once more..."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:05 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Jasmine
the place you can never ever go home

Candles burning down to their holders in a hospital wing covered with dust. They were never covered with dust. Never ever. That would speed up death and there were already enough litwicks and lampents and even a chandelure to speed up death. But there weren't any of those.

This place wasn't supposed to speed up death. Never ever.

Yellowed paper on clipboards and cracked plastic holders. Old charts with names that she had never learned to read high off the ground. Six year olds weren't supposed to see.

Never.

Supposed.

To see death.

The dust clouded rooms and sheets laid on beds over shapes that looked like crumpled over feet. But they were too round to be feet. The sheets were stained with what looked like blood and something yellowed... something tanned.

This was the place of death.

Jasmine walked through halls that were familiar but big. Just right. The size was just right for a little girl paying respects to somebody who wasn't allowed to leave. There was no candle to float beside her.

"Waxy?"

"Waxy?"

"Waxy what's wrong?"

"Waxy what's wrong?"

"You're supposed to be here!"

"You're supposed to be here."

"No, nononono aunty's here! Gramma here! Where is she!"

"You are here."

The voice manifested itself in doctors with masks and gloves and needles. They'd used needles on gramma.

"You can never ever go home."

"No!"

She tried to lift her feet. Her polished black shoes were peeling up with thick gooey ribbons mixed in with vinyl tile.

"No!"

Her hands began dripping down, the men getting closer and reaching out. Sticky hands. Sticky feet. Everything stuck and strung together.

Her last no came out as a shriek.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:47 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Mal
Who you gonna call?

The nightmare was gone, but it hadn’t left mal, not yet. Even though Chiv had saved him, the magnificent gentlemen he was, it didn’t close the wound that it made. As the four of the guys walked around Mal constantly patted his back, quadruple checking that Chiv was still there, the only thing keeping him from not collapsing right there. Luckily, well not really lucky, for Mal he didn’t have much time to dwell on the thoughts once the scream took over.

At first it was quick, a short shriek of, what they could best assume, was a “No!”, followed shortly after by a dangerously high pitched chain of them, before, like a light, they were shut off.

“Jasmine,” Miles said, looking around the room.

“Sounded more like Annie,” Matt said, also searching around the empty void. “I think it came from over here.”

“I know Annie’s scream,” Miles replied. “It’s surprisingly low pitched, and no it came from over there.” Miles pointed to more of the same void.

“It sounded like it came from that direction,” Art said, pointing to, again, more of the same void.

“I know what I heard-”

“Before we start bickering,” Mal interrupted Matt. “I really doubt that there is a Never Eat Soggy Wheat in the Shadow Realm.”

“The way it echoed,” Art said, before Matt could declare his direction being the right one. . “Jasmine is probably below us, somehow.”

“Somehow,” Miles repeated, slamming his foot into the void. “I don’t suppose we have a way of getting down there?”

As Matt declared that he knew it came from over there, Mal shook his head, patting his back again, tracing his hands over the cogs of the Klink. The gears kept turning over his fingers, pinching him, but Mal didn’t pay much attention to it, his own mind spinning along with it.

“Wait, I think I have an idea.” Mal grabbed Chiv from his back, an alien feeling, and searched for his pokedex, scanning the Pokemon. Skimming through the data he landed on “Known Abilities” section and grinded.

“What are you-”

Miles was interrupted by a large silver blast, Klink’s two gears spinning madly as the Flash Canon tried to pierce through the void, causing smokey cracks to form under the group’s feet.

“Mal what are you doing?” Miles screamed. “Are you trying to get us kill-”

The floor burst open, causing the four of them to flail down into pure darkness, everyone except Mal screaming for their dear life. “Magnet Rise!”

Klink spun underneath the group, flashing bright yellow, sparks flying around as the gears spun like wild, a silvery aura surrounding him. The group fell, hard, onto the bottom of it, perfectly safe with in the anti-gravity bubble.

“I swear to god,” Matt nearly screamed, charging at Mal. “You little shit.” He grabbed Mal by the shoulder. “Why can’t you just tell us the goddamn plan for once?” Mal slipped out from under him.

“Sorry, I figured if I told you...well this would happen. Except we would still be up there, and you would call me a-”

“Good job,” Miles said, almost without emotion, as he stared down into the bit of blackness below them. “Can it move?”

“No idea, Art?” Mal asked.

“In theory, as long as Klink can keep up the energy we should be able to move around,” Art said. “Electricity should do-”

Miles grabbed Citrus off the ground, walking over to the exhausted Klink floating in the air. Klink floated down towards Miles, as if sensing the plan already, allowing him to grab onto each gear. “Citrus, keep the power coming,” Miles said, yanking Chiv to one side without warning, causing the entire bubble to plunge down into the put.

“Why can we never talk?” Art wailed as he crashed into Mal, Matt skidding along near by. Miles was kept find, a little platform under his feet courtesy of Klink, steering the Pokemon like a wheel. “Where are we going?” Art shouted.

“Towards the light,” Mal said quietly, pointing his finger down towards the bottom of the pit, a small purple dot at the bottom of the pit.

“To Jasmine,” Miles said with complete confidence. "Allons-y!"
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:27 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Art
Shadow Realm Spirit World

Art tapped his PokéGear a couple times: Citrus' presence seemed to have stabilised it.
"No connection," he muttered to no one in particular. "Typical hideous black supernatural void."
"You were expecting Comcastform?" Matt said drolly.
"Not particularly, no."

Everyone was silent when they finally set foot on the... ground? ... below. Miles was the first to sprint towards the cage, Mal and Matt in hot pursuit. Art took a moment to get his bearings before following. The purple shape, once a miniscule speck, now loomed in front of them, a twisted cage, and in the middle...
"Jas," Miles muttered. Kneeling on the floor in the middle of the cage with her fists pressed against the ground in front of her, the lolita girl sat, head hanging down, barely moving. In the silence, her breathing could just barely be heard, fast and frantic.

"Sounds like she's hyperventilating," Art said. "We'd better get her out of there. Is anyone seeing a door or a latch or anything on this thing?"
"Don't need one," Miles said, squeezing one of the bars. "It's just rubber." With that, he grabbed two of them, yanked as hard as he could and nearly lost his balance as they didn't budge. "The heck?"
Art felt a bar for himself. Rubber. He tapped on the bar quite hard. Rock-solid. "It's rubber until you apply any significant force, apparently," he concluded, scratching his head.

Miles composed himself, stepped forward and stuck an arm between the bars, reaching out towards Jasmine. "Jas. Jasmine. It's me, Miles. Can you heaAAAGH!"
He yanked his arm back as Jasmine lifted her head up, a terrifying mix of rage and fear across her face, and thrust her own claw-shaped hand at his outstretched one with a cry of "NO!" Her nails scraped the floor of the cage as she glared at Miles.
"Where is she?" she screeched in a voice that barely sounded like her own. Miles was speechless, eyes and mouth wide open.
"The visions," Art muttered.
"You were supposed to be there!" Jasmine continued. "Where is she?"

Miles turned to Mal and Matt with a look of frightened bewilderment. Together, they began calling out to Jasmine in an attempt to snap her back into reality. Art looked around desperately, searching for any hints, any possibilities of breaking through the cage, but only saw little Citrus nibbling away at one of the bars.
"I appreciate the effort, Citrus, but there's no way you're - no way. NO WAY."

Tooth marks. Deep tooth marks.

"Ghosts!" Art shouted, brain going into overdrive. "The ghosts are key to this whole thing! They snapped us out of the night terrors - which they can do to Jasmine once she's out of there - they helped us traverse the shadow realm -"
"Spirit world."
"- and they can break through whatever this cage is made of!" Art continued to shout, having attracted the attention of his friends. "Get Chivalry and Shedinja in on this, quick! Oh, wow, head rush..." he added, clutching his temples.

In an instant, the Klink was crushing a bar between its gears, while the motionless Shedinja appeared to be pulling two bars apart merely by staring at them, the little Pachirisu chewing away all the while.
However, Miles was now looking around suspiciously. "Who said 'spirit world' just now?" he asked the group, almost certain it hadn't been any of them.
"That," a deep voice echoed around them, "would be me." Art had just enough time to look up and spot a silhouetted figure with wide purple eyes standing on top of the cage before a rippling Dark Pulse sent person and Pokémon alike flying back from the cage.

"That's quite far enough," the figure said, sounding almost frustrated and amused at the same time. The trainers looked on in horror as the cage's damage vanished; the bars thickened and turned thorny and black. A swirling indigo mist built up in front of the group; a large Dusknoir emerged from the mist, holding a struggling Annie in one hand and a frozen-looking Eric in the other. It dumped them on the ground with their companions before disappearing through the mist, which dissipated as quickly as it had appeared.

Annie scampered to Miles. "M-miles, what -"
"Eez zat Jazmeen?" Eric blurted out. "But she iz back at ze house -"
The shadow's voice cut them both off. "I'm afraid you've all gone and activated my trap card. Now be good children and leave the mind-crushing soul cage alone."
"Children?" Mal said indignantly.
The shadow's eyes narrowed. "Yes. Children."
Bright purple energy began rippling across its left arm, and before anyone could make a move it gathered the energy into its hand and thrust it at the group. Everyone cried out as they became encased in its sinister glow. In the ruckus, Art managed to make out two distinct sounds: the demonic voice, chuckling heartily to itself; and its prisoner, sounding more like herself than before.

"... help..."

Once the light had died down, Art opened his eyes just a sliver. Well, you've still got eyes to open. That's a pretty good sign right there. He let his eyes widen and made a motion to pull his jacket back on.

"... Where'th my ja- WHAT HAPPENED TO MY VOITHE!? OH GOD THITH ITH NOT HELPING MY HEADACHE"
Art scrambled to his feet, feeling like his proportions were all over the place. He looked down at his shirt: it had a mischievous smiling ice cream cone on it, with the big red pixellated caption "VANILLITE VON SCHWEETZ". I haven't fit into this shirt for years...

Slowly he looked around at the others. They all looked about six years old and just as confused as he was. And just to make things worse, neither the cage, the dark being nor Jasmine were anywhere to be seen.
"W-why are we tho y-young you guyth?" he asked, his voice trembling. The lisp. Oh hell, the lisp. "I-I-I c-ca-"
He couldn't continue, and quickly ran over to Citrus, burying his face in its fluffy tail and sobbing.
"Artie," someone asked, "are you crying?"
"I'm thix frigging yearth old! I cried all the time when I wath thix!"
the user formerly known as chibibo

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Act II, Scene 1

Stella: A Girl Like You

Miles
The Dollhouse Dollhouse

“Miley, you’re coloring outside the lines!”

“The lines are there to trick you, Ansie. You gotta be smart and see more!” He held up a messy drawing of a dinosaur with impromptu wings jutting out the back. “It’s a Dwagonite!”

Sure, they were kids, and sure Banette had kidnapped Jasmine (again), but at least she had the courtesy of leaving them with crayons and lots of toys to play with. In fact, it seemed that the whole spirit world had turned from looming shadows into, well, a playroom.

“Hey, hey Ansie! Y’know what’d be fun? Is, is if we got a piggy back ride from Matty!”

Matt was in a corner, biting the heads off of dolls and sticking them of different bodies. “HEY GUYS, GUYS. WHY DOESN’T BARBIE’S BOYFRIEND HAVE A TALLY WHACKER?”

Eric sat off to the side, away from most of the others, playing with a child-sized dress-me-up doll. He was remarking in French how lovely her outfit was, and that he’d love to take her to dinner. Of course, no one knew that because no one spoke French except Miles, and that was a decade later in his development.

“Matt, we want piggy back rides!”

“Yeah,” agreed Annie, “and you gotta be fast like a Rapidash!”

“What if I dun wanna?!”

Miles stuck out his tongue. “Then I’ll let Juice eat your underwear for lunch!” The Patrat popped out of his Pokeball and began chasing Matt around, Annie hoisted on his shoulders. Miles ran after them, giggling.

What an odd sort for Banette to bring to this world.

Matt stepped on Citrus’ tail and got a thundershock to all of them standing around. Annie went tumbling and began crying, holding her knee.

They remind me of my friends...from so long ago.

Miles knelt down beside Annie and kissed her knee, rubbing over the scrape with his thumb. “You gotta give it time to heal.”

And that means she found a new catalyst!

Everyone crowded around Annie to comfort her, except for Eric, who remained with his doll, blabbering in French.

I cannot let another girl die like...me.

The girl watching on from above touched the walls, closing her eyes. In a blink of darkness she stood before Banette, self-proclaimed Queen Of The Castle, and crossed her arms. “You have me, my Queen. What more could you gain from these children?”

Banette lifted a hand, held it to her zipped lips, and pulled the zipper apart--something Stella thought was impossible.

”This girl is closer to the spirit realm than you ever were, my dear. She will be the ticket to my Mega Evolution!”

“At least give them a chance to save her! I’ll do whatever you ask, just give them a shot!”

Banette closed her lips and turned away from Stella, mulling her proposition over. ”A game?”

“Certainly!

”Very well, then. A game of cat and mouse. Her shape began to change, a long, flowing Victorian dress cascading from her dollish legs, face painted over to look like a particularly detached Pakistani girl, no older than six.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:49 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Ansie
Hassle in the Castle

"Tag! You're it!"

Miles ran away from Matt as fast as he could before he was tagged. Annie was a fair distance away, but she stopped, breathing heavily, and doubled over in hopes of catching her breath. "Guys, I'm tirrrred."

"You gotta keep running, Ansie, or you'll get tagged again!!" Miles grabbed her hand and dragged her along.

"I don't want to play anymooore!" she whined. "My side hurrrts!"

"Gotcha! You're it, Eric!" Matt cackled and ran off. Eric looked around and blinked as everyone ran away from him. He was quick to catch on to this game, though. He grinned, turned around to mutter some Frenchy excuse/apology to his doll, and ran after tired!Annie. Miles ran for his life 'cause tag is srs biz.

He was just starting to sputter French words, reaching out for Annie, when a woman suddenly appeared between them. And not just any woman.

A ghostly girl.

Eric ended up tagging her. She looked down at him. He looked up at her, a girl only a few years older than them, surely. An older woman. His eyes grew, and Annie was pretty sure she saw heart-shaped irises in those eyeballs. "You're... it..."

Stella looked up and around at the smaller children. Annie straightened herself up, forgetting about the pain in her chest. The ghost smiled suddenly and clapped her hands together. "Who wants to play another game!?"

"MEEE!"

"Me! Me!"

"Oh, what game?!"

"Ith it time to play Dungeonth and Dragonth?!"

"I'm still learning to read..."

"Oh, can I be the one with the pretty dress?!"

"[FrenchyFrenchFrench!?!]"

Stella laughed ever-so-lightly and said, "I spy with my little eye," and everyone cheered at the new game, jumping on their feet and already looking around for what Stella might say. The only person who seemed confused was Eric, still staring up at the lady. "...something red!"

Everyone spread out immediately.

"Is it this wagon?!" Annie asked, pulling the handle and discovering it was incredibly heavier than she originally thought. Surely the brown blankets in it weren't that heavy! She turned around and pulled the wagon from behind her, throwing all her weight into it.

Suddenly Mal popped up from beneath the brown fabric. Annie fell flat on her face as a result. "Is it this apple?!"

"Is it this pokeball?!" shouted two voices at once -- Miles and Matt. They both raised it in the air as they exclaimed it, then locked eyes on each other, confused. Then they instantly turned to Stella and shouted at the same time, "Who won?! I did, right?!"

"[FRENCH!]"

Eric raised his own pokeball, waving it in the air excitedly. He could play this game, too!

Stella held out her hands. "Wow, you guys are good at this game," she said with a smile. Eric eagerly gave it away, happy to have made her happy. Miles also gave it away, still badgering her on who won.

"Hey, look!" Everyone looked at Art as he waved another pokeball in the air. "Ith another pokeball!"

"What's inside?" Matt asked, staring at his pokeball with awestruck eyes. Annie was suddenly scared for Matt seeing Stella charge in his direction, but Matt had already opened the pokeball. A bright light shone.

And no pokemon came out.

Matt blinked. Then whined, throwing it away. "That pokeball's empty!" He started blabbering Italian phrases as Stella picked up the pokeball and looked at it curiously. She seemed to expect a pokemon to come out as well.

"Art, dear, may I have that pokeball?" she asked, holding out her hand.

Art put it in her palm. "Ith it time for My Little Ponyta trivia now?"

"Ponyta?!" Annie squealed, clapping her hands.

"Yes!" Stella suddenly said with almost equal excitement, though little did the children know that it was a bright idea coming to mind. She looked from Art to the group as a whole. "I left the game somewhere else, though. If you want to follow me, I can show you where it is!"

"I'll race you."

Annie gasped and twisted her shirt in her hands. "Miley, where..."

"Shh..." Stella said, patting Annie's pigtail curls in an attempt to comfort her.

"It'll be fun! Run as fast as you can. The losers have to stay behiiiind." The voice giggled.

Suddenly, a girl their age with the most gorgeous dress Annie's ever seen appeared in the room. Her dark curls poured over her shoulders, and pink and gray laces trimmed her Victorian look. Ribbons held a small chunk of hair on the back of her head.

"I'm a fast runner."

"Not as fast as me!" Matt suddenly said, jabbing a thumb into his puffed-out chest.

"I'll race you!" Miles exclaimed.

"I don't want to run," Annie moped, plopping herself down on the spot.

"I'll run for My Little Ponyta!" Art said with a spark of courage in his eye, like his life depended on this one dangerous deed they requested of him.

"You're on!" Mal shouted, popping up on his feet to present himself dressed in -- not brown blankets, but -- a dog costume.

"You look stupid," Matt said bluntly.

"That's not nice!" Annie whined at him. "I like it."

"I can win reven ras a dog!" Mal said, his voice changing into a dog-like voice.

The girl grinned. "We run just down the hall. The arrows will point in the direction to go."

Arrows suddenly appeared along the walls, telling them which direction to go. No one really cared beyond the excitement at how cool that magic trick was.

"1... 2... 3... go."

The boys ran.

Annie tripped on her way after them, but she didn't like the idea of being left behind. "Guys, wait up!" she cried.

Little did they know, the girl stayed behind. Stella stared at her as the girl laughed.

Then the room began to spin. The walls stretched, the toys were disappearing. The kids stumbled and tripped and fell as the moving hallway disoriented them on the spot. Annie started sucking her thumb, cowering alone in her spot, even though everyone was nearby. And where was her larvitar?!

Surrounded by fog, everyone had no choice but to sit and wait until the sickening motion stopped (or in Matt's perspective, a roller coaster ride). Annie held her head with her other hand and closed her eyes tight. Miles fell down next to her shortly after.

There was a ghostly cackle in the air, the underlying voice sounding like the girl's they had met only a minute before.

Then the spinning stopped. Miles shook her shoulder, and Annie opened her eyes. They were in a creepy-looking house now, and Annie decided it was creepy by the spider hanging from the ceiling not far from where Art sat. Tears sprung to her eyes and she clung to Miles' arm, still sucking on her own thumb. "I don't like this game, Miley."

"The arrows!" he whispered in awe. The arrows weren't pointing in just one direction now. They pointed in all sorts of directions, and the arrows themselves seemed to have multiplied. They were in a haunted maze, more like.

"Run."
I make my own policies.

39 Reviews

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:59 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

Mal
HOW WOULD THEY KNOW IT’S CALLED A MAZE FOR A REASON

“The arrows are telling us to go here!” Matt declared once the room settled, almost unphased by the utter mind screw that had just ensued.

“But the arrowsh are pointing everywhere,” Art said, his arms flailing as he tried to point to the several dozen arrows around them .

“One of them has to be right though,” Miles said. “Just pick one and go!”

Matt and Art nodded, Eric titled his head in confusion, while Mal shook in the corner, his whole body shaking for some odd reason.

“The best thing to do is split up,” Mile declared.

“I don’t know-” Art said. “Ishn’t that a bit dangeroush?”

“We can cover more ground that way!” Matt said, nodding towards Miles. “Just stick with me, you’ll be fine, lispy.”

“D-d-on’t make fun of my shpeche impediment,” Art said as, with reluctance and panic, chased after the energic Matt.

“Ansie can come with me!” Mile said as he pulled her with him.

“But Miley-”

“Don’t worry, Juice can handle anything that comes after us”

While the other took their separate ways Eric started to chase after Matt and Art, leaving Mal alone in the center of the maze, his entire body shaking more and more. Like a flickering bulb his mind started to piece it together. “My wake up pills,” he muttered as his knees weakened. “I never took my wakey wake pills.” Like it was waiting for the moment Mal’s body shut down, collapsing onto the floor as he passed out.

------------------

Mal’s eyes flickered open, the only thing in front of him was a blurry, purple glow. After a few moments he was able to raise his head, rubbing the sore spot that crashed into the floor, and focus on the thing in front of him.

“Ruh-Roh,” Mal whispered as he saw the glow of the bars in front of him, repeating the phrase as he turned to find himself surrounded by them.

A few feet away a large sign floated in the air, on it were two simple words “One-Up”, a revive floating above it, the crystal morphed to the shape of a key. Mal tried, in vain, to reach through the bars and grab the crystal, but he didn’t realize his arms weren’t six feet long. Still he kept trying, pushing his entire body against the bars, trying to force every milimeter he could towards the crystal.

“Oh my.” Mal turned as he heard the soft, angelic voice from earlier. Suddenly forgetting that he was stuck in a cell he smiled wide as Stella phased in through the bars, patting Mal on the head. “It looks like you’re in a bit of trouble, aren’t you?”

Mall nodded. “My wakey wakey pills, if I don’t take them I pass out, but that’s weird, Uncle Doc never forgets to give me my pills.”

“Have no fear,” Stella almost sung, waving her hand in the hair. “Uncle Doc stopped by and left them with me.” She held out a pair of white pills in her hand, which Mal reluctantly swallowed.

“They taste like doodee,” Mal said as he gulped them down.

“Would you rather be asleep?”

“Kinda.”

Stella giggled. “Well, we can’t be sleeping right now, can we?” Stella phased back out of the cage, hanging over the revive crystal. “We have a game to play after all! Sadly I’m not allowed to just give you the crystal, but don’t worry there is a way to get to it.”

“How?” Mal pouted, falling to the ground. “I can’t get it, I tried for like… this long!” Mal held out ten finger.

“Just use your imagination,” Stella said. “The most powerful thing is a child’s dream.”

“Hey! I’m six years old! I’m a man!” Mal puffed out his chest.

“Then be a man and get that key!” Stella said, playing Mal like a fiddle. “Nothing is impossible if you wish hard enough. Especially here.”

Mal nodded, even though he has no idea what she was talking about. “Hmm. Impossible is nothing, yeah.” Mal nodded again, looking hard at the key. “Get over here you stupi-what the.”

In the palm of his hand the key had magically appeared, with that Stella disappeared, leaving only a tiny giggle as she floated away. “Remember, nothing is impossible!”

Mal nodded, sticking the key through one of the bars, the entire cage fading away as he did, along with his little black cube room it was stuck in. The walls peeled away, leaving him back in the maze, in front of him Miles and Annie were trudging along.

“See!” Mile shouted. “I told you they were okay!”

Annie nodded. “I think we’re lost,” she said.
“No,” Mile said. “To get back all we have to do it take three lefts, go straigt past four doors, then take two right, head down the stairs, then up the other ones...wait no down the other one…”

“We’re lost,” Annie said, nearly crying. “I just wanna see momma and larvitar!”

“Don’t worry,” Mal said, smiling wide. “Stella told me what we need to do!”

“What?” Annie said through a short breath.

“I don’t know,” Mal said, scratching his head. “But she said if we want to know bad enough we’ll find out!”
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

1272 Reviews

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:04 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

A Victorian Puppet
Ghostly Isle

Come out, come out, wherever you are

Jasmine watched from the chandelier above, ankles crossed and sipping tea from a cup marked with Ghasly.

They had gotten thoroughly lost in the maze, all roads leading them back to the centre of the house and directly under her. She watched as the boy Mal ran on all fours to the gang and talked about the key Stella had given them.

Miles stood in the centre of the group. "Let's split up gang!"

Yes. Let's

"Nuh-uh!" Art said. "I doft wanna go phere!"

"Would you do it for a rare candy?" Annie said, holding one up.

Art nodded, opening his mouth for Annie to toss the treat in. Mal jumped up and snatched it, instead. Art glared at him.

"Go on!" Miles said. "If you need us, yell."

Jasmine watched as the scaredy group— Art, Mal, and Eric— walked down one maze path, while the other three walked down the other.

She stood up and walked on thin air, another door opening up above the one they had just gone through.

Dropping in on them unexpectedly would still be considered polite.

She walked and heard their complaints through the ceiling, about how they wished they hadn't taken the darkest, spookiest path and would be better off waiting outside. Jasmine laughed, sound echoing like there were air vents all throughout their hallway.

Mal was in Art's arms, the latter's hair standing up on end. Eric had jumped a foot off the ground.

"Alle à l'extérieur sonne bien!"

Art and Mal both said "What?!", although Art's sounded more like "whuth".

The floor under her feet became metal, a staircase appearing as she went down. The wall slid open, revealing her standing, feet together, hands in her lap, behind it. "I'm sorry, but outside doesn't exist anymore."

"RUUUUUN!"

Jasmine floated up and followed them, still holding the same position. "You can run but you can't hide!"

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Annie
There's A Very Logical Explanation For This!

"Miley, I'm scared," Annie said, holding his hand and still sucking on her thumb on the other hand. "I wanna go home."

"We'll be outta here in no time, Ansie!" he exclaimed, looking around at the many doors they could possibly walk into.

"BUT WHICH DOOR SHOULD I TAAAAKE?!" Matt asked, standing next to a sidetable with a skull resting on it.

"Tryyyy thiiiis ooone."

"Ah, thanks--AHH!" Matt jumped back when he noticed the skull had said that. He scurried away and back toward Miles and Annie, then cleared his throat and puffed out his chest. "Just making sure you two are okay."

"Well, let's try it," Miles said. Despite Annie's nervous whimpering, Miles led the way toward the door and opened it a crack. He poked his head in. Then he came back out and looked at them, frowning. "It's just a closet," he said, throwing the door wide open to reveal mops, brooms, buckets, and all the other closety things that get shoved into a closet including--

"Hey, look at that hat!" Matt said, running past Miles into the closet. A top hat sat on a pile of boxes to the side.

"Try it on!" Miles said, laughing. Annie giggled at the thought of Matt wearing a giant top hat, picturing it falling over his eyes.

Matt reached for it, but before he could pick it up, a fluffy white bunny suddenly hopped out of it. Annie and Miles eep'd and stepped aside as it fled. Everyone paused for about thirty seconds.

"Ohmygosh is there another one in there?!" Annie squealed, running over to the hat and poking her nose inside--

--only for a flower to suddenly pop up. Her eyes widened and she stepped back, staring at a healthy sunflower. Then she smiled, laughed, and tugged on Miles' shirt. "It's a sunflower! Can we take the hat home with us?!"

Miles leaned over and peered at it with a quizzical look, stroking his bare chin. His head tilted to the left, then to the right. He scratched his noggin. He circled the box stack without his eyes leaving the hat. After stopping next to Annie again, he stood upright and, putting his hands on his waist, said with confidence, "Yes, I think that's a--"

Water squirted from the flower straight into his face.

Annie and Matt both laughed, Matt legitimately rolling on the floor. Wiping his face with his shirt, he sputtered a bit then laughed as well. No one noticed the flower pop back into the hat and disappear.

"Children."

The three of them suddenly looked up and found Stella standing in the doorway, smiling at them. "Shouldn't you be finding your friends? You must race to the way out!"

Matt jumped back onto his feet and rushed out back into the hall as if to prove that's exactly what he was doing before she arrived. Annie was the first to admit for everyone, "We're lost--"

"No, we're not!" Miles retorted, stomping his foot on the ground. "We go down the hall to the third door on the right and through the room down the secret staircase behind the fireplace and across the room for the hallway to take the stairs up then find the escalator to the attic to take the elevator down to the--"

"We're lost," Annie repeated, nodding.

Stella bent over and took Annie's hand to remove the thumb from her mouth, smiling. "Then let me show you the way, but I can only help a little. It's a game, after all! And you must win honestly, or it's not fun anymore, and everyone should have fun in a game, right?"

Annie nodded, her little hand squeezing Stella the Ghost's fingers. Her young mind didn't bother trying to make sense of that.

Stella also acknowledged Miles and Matt as she advised them. "Follow the wisps, and they will lead you to your fate."
    ImageImageImageImage
They looked to where she was pointing, and suddenly blue wispy sprites appeared, dotting the hallway like a trail to follow. Matt sneaked up on one, hands raised, then pounced on it -- only to fall through and flat on his face.

"C'mon, guys!" Miles said. He took Annie's other hand and pulled her along, Stella letting go of her.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"They're disappearing!" Matt said loudly. He jumped to his feet and raced to the front wisp, Miles and Annie on his heels. Little do they know that Stella vanished again.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Annie huffed and puffed until her legs wouldn't carry her further. She doubled over. "I can't run anymore, Miley. I'm tirrred."

He hurried back and took her hand. "We have to keep going, Ansie! We can sleep after it's all over!"

She trudged after him, letting him drag her along.

"Dude, I could really use a sandwich..." Matt said from up ahead. Suddenly a large, double-decker sandwich appeared in his hands, a colorful assortment of meats and toppings layering between the bread slices. Matt's eyes widened with glee. "Well, what do you know..."

Still running 'cause he's clearly ran with sandwiches in his hand before (though Miles and Annie had fallen into step with him now because he was too distracted to sprint ahead of them), he lifted the top bread slice and frowned. "It needs ketchup and mustard."

Annie didn't realize anyone could get so excited about something, but Matt stared excitedly at the floating ketchup and mustard bottles before him. He proceeded to put them on his sandwich, the bread slice conveniently flying in the air next to him.

"This is either my imagination, or I'm too scared for this," Annie muttered.

"Let's test it!" Matt said and shouted up at the ceiling, ketchup and mustard bottles having vanished already. "Maybe my imagination can, like... cut it in half--YIKES!"

The knight-in-shining-armor statue they were passing suddenly dropped its axe toward them, straight for the sandwich in Matt's hands. All three of them dashed to the front wisp and continued running, though with much more urgency. Matt scarfed the sandwich down as if it would calm his nerves by shoving weight into his stomach.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SMACKCRACKLEPOPBANGTISHDINGDONGRAWR!

"Owww, my heeead," Annie muttered, rubbing her noggin.

"I think I broke my nose.

"Someone ate my olive!"

"Mileth! Annie! Matt! KEEP RUNNING, GUYTH!"

Everyone looked up at Art, still seated on the ground in pain or dizziness, but Art was already up on his feet. He looked over at Mal and Eric. "Remember the Duthclopth? REMEMBER THE DUTHCLOPTH?!"

"Duuusclooops..."

They turned around to see -- not one -- but many dusclops trailing toward them from the direction Art, Mal, and Eric presumably came from. Annie squealed and jumped to her feet, as did everyone else.

"Where are the wisps?!" Annie asked.

"What withp?!"
ImageImage

"There! They went around the corner!" Miles said, pointing. "RUN, GUYS."

Everyone booked it for the corner, running. The wisps were far ahead now and the dusclops were on their heels. Finally, they turned the corner only to find the wisps weren't there.

"Where'd they go? WHERE'D THEY GO."

"They're gone!"

"[FRENCHFRENCHFRENCH]?!"

"Quick, gang! In here!"

They followed Miles into the nearest room and closed the door behind them. They all piled against the door and waited quietly, trying their best to control their breathing. The tension in the air was remarkable, waiting and hoping the dusclops wouldn't find them. That they would walk away and leave them be.

"Duscloops... Duuusclooops... Duuuuuuusclooooooops..."

Miles finally decided to open the door just a crack then slowly opened it further. He retreated back into the room and closed the door, but the look of relief on his face was a comfort for Annie. "They're gone."

They all sighed heavily, flopping against the walls or floor.

"This doesn't make any sense..." Miles mused.

"There'th a very logical explanation for thith!" Art retorted, raising his hand up.

"Oh, great!" Matt breathed with exasperation. "What's that?"

"The plathe ith haunted."

"We gotta get outta here just like the lady told us," Miles said, peeking out the door again. He closed it and looked at them. "We have to stop the dusclops, first."
I make my own policies.

1272 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Jasmine
purple clouds and mummy wrappings

Oh, deary dear.

Jasmine watched them run away from the Dusclops but run towards exactly what they shouldn't be running. She shook her head and faded back into the wall. If you wanted something done right, you had to do it yourself!

They were walking towards The Room, she placed herself behind it, purple clouds behind her to obscure the space behind.

"We should hide in here!"

They opened the door. Jasmine grinned, eyes wide. "Maybe not!"

They all screamed and ran in the other direction, back towards the Dusclops finally turning around the corner. They froze in place, ready to have the group circle around. And circle around they did.

Jasmine laughed. "You're in the ghost world now, kiddies, and you have to play by my rules!"

They continued cowering until one particular voice called out, "Thirtuth! Thundershock!"

She kept laughing until the electricity hit her, causing a nasty shock that stopped her in her tracks.

"You little!"

Banette let her jewelled eyes come through, glaring at the group. Nails became claws. Teeth, cerated. She charged at the group, ready to strike.

Another one called out, "It's hurt by our ghosts. Chiv, go!"

A Klink came out, gears spinning, and bit into claw-like hands. Banette shrieked and recoiled, forced back from the attacks.

She fled.

39 Reviews

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:36 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Mal
Mentally? Generally Terrified

“Dear Arceus!” a petite voice shouted in glee, oddly familiar to Mal, bringing him out of his swirling mind, an anchor to the real world. “I’m flesh and blood again!” the voice squealed. “Audino! Gardevoir! I’ve missed you so much!” Two shrill cries joined her enthusiasm.

“Stella?” Mal asked into the blurs around him, trying to focus on the purple blur twirling in front of him. “Are you dancing?”

“Of course!” Stella curtsied in front of Mal, holding a hand out to him, her pokemon mimikcing the motions to each other. “Join me! Oh! It feels so good to be on solid ground, to feel again!”

Still trying to remember what was going on, something about Jasmine and a banette, mal agreed to the dance, Stella twirling him around like a rag doll as she embarrassed her physical form. “To be free from that ghostly plain! What has changed in this world, Malcolm? I do not know how long I have been gone, but I cannot wait to see the sun again!”

Ghostly plain? What was she going on about? Mal’s mind started to kick into gear, memories slowly piecing together as he nearly fell from Stella’s spastic movements. The Dusknoir, Murtle and Ariel, Jasmine, it all came back to him, his other friends still trapped in that hell. The utter failure of the trap that ended him back in the real world. Mal slapped Stella’s hand off of him. “What are we doing?” Mal nearly screamed. “We have to find Jasmine and her Pokemon!”

“About that,” Stella said, her enthusiasm breaking. “I am afraid from here on you are on your own, Malcolm O'Sullivan. Banette has kept me captive for too long, and I do not wish to tempt the fates anymore. After I compose myself I am leaving this place, I am truly sorry about your friend, but I-” She stopped, stuck at the dead expression on Mal’s face.

How could she just go? Why did she bother helping? Was it just for her, did she do it to free herself, was it always her plan to run? Mal looked up, remembering the pure joy she had only a few moments ago, her expression was much more grim now. No, it wasn’t her plan, she was just afraid, afraid to be sent back to that place again, and Mal couldn’t blame her for that. In his short time there he had went through hell, and he couldn’t imagine what it would be like to be trapped there for years.

“Go,” Mal said, gripped the hilt of Honedge on his back. “I’ll finish this.”

“Thank-”

Mal stopped her. “You got me here, and I’m grateful for that, whatever your reasons for it, but unless you’re going to help me save my friends…. Not now.” Mal clicked his belt, sending Marty out in a burst of light. “Just…” Mal bit back his words. “I don’t blame you for wanting to run away.”

-------------------------------

“You got something?” Mal said, kneeling down next to Marty, who had been tracking the smell of Murtle from an ooze strain on Mal’s bag. Never in his life would he have thought he would be grateful for that disgusting ooze to stick.

Marty answered with a shot of flames, aimed right at the center of the room. “Why are-” Mal stopped himself, watching in awe as the flames stopped mid way, wrapping around some invisible force. “Where are Silph Scopes when you need them?” Marty howled again, sending another blast of embers, but this time they hit nothing.

“Wott! Rio Rio!” Mal clicked the other capsules on his belts. “Whatever that is, we need all the power we can muster. Flamethrower, Water Pulse, Foresight Aura Sphere!” Mal commanded, his team sending a barrage all across the room, repeating it until there as no gap to hide in.

“Shuuuu!”

Mal turned to the cry, a Shuppet appearing in the air, dropping to the ground as an Aura Sphere dug into her frail ghostly form. As the ghost fell several Pokeballs slipped from inside of her cloth, Mal recognized the wear and tear of Murtle’s.

“Good job team!” Mal said, snatching the balls off the ground, failing to notice the extra Pokeball in his excitement. “Now we just need to find Jasmine.”

“Did somebody call?” A hollow voice echoed throughout the room. “Tsk Tsk, I never should have entrusted such a job to such a fraile Pokemon,” the voice said. “But we all make mistakes, don’t we?”

“Jasmine?” Mal called out. The voice was so familiar, but it made him shiver hearing it, her voice was an empty shell, filled with some alien force. “Are you okay? What happened?”

“Oh little Mal,” The voice called. “Haven’t you figured it out? I thought you were the clever one, but I suppose that’s about the same as being the shiniest piece of trash.”

At the end of the room the light seemed get sucked into a vacuum, a shadow strolling out of the emptiness in front of Mal, Jasmine’s shadow. Before he even realized it two of the Pokeballs sprung alive, Ariel and Murtle dashing towards the shadow like two purple blurs, Mal’s own Pokemon readying themselves for a fight.

“I seem to have started quite the panic,” Jasmine said, the darkness around her gone. “Such a chore.” Jasmine, or rather Banette, as Mal forced himself to remember, raised her palm, a banshee shriek ripping through the room like a knife. “Good thing I have such loyal subjects.”

Mal looked around the room, panicking as Duskull, Shuppets and Ghastly rose up around him rose around him, the ghosts surrounding him and his Pokemon. “We’re screwed,” he said, not caring how loud he said it.

“Very true,” Jas-Banette agreed. “Why not make it easier on yourself and give up?”

Mal grinned, the final words echoing in his mind like a motivational speech. Banette wasn’t entirely confident she could win this.

“I’m too scotish for that.” Mal answered, looking Banette right in the eyes. In one fluid motion he ripped Chivalry from his side, slashing at a row of Shuppets in front of him, turning them into ghostly confetti as they faded back into the shadows. “HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“If you must be this way,” Jasnette waved her hand, another wave of ghosts surronding him, but this time jumping onto the nearby Murtle and Ariel, tackling them through the shadow plastered floor. Mal shouted out several commands at his own Pokemon, but they were subdued the same way, a horde of Treevant pulling them down with their roots.

“Dammit.” Mal grimaced, returning his Pokemon before anything more could happen, basically defenceless as Banette’s horde surrounded him.

“That will be all,” Jasmine said, waving away the remaining members of her legion, grinning. “I’ll take care of this runt myself.”

The Treevent nodded, sinking into the wooden walls like it was their body, leaving Mal alone with possessed Jasmine. “It shouldn’t be too difficult, I mean, without your friends you’re useless. Every time you just fall to the floor like a baby, and they have to save you, over and over again. I wonder why they even bother with you, it must be such a pain for them, having to deal with,” she pointing to all of Mal.

“Not to mention your uncle, what was his name?”

“Oliver.”

“Yes! Oliver! It must have taken so much, having to deal with you for seventeen years, surprised he didn’t leave earlier. I would have. Must be nice, finally able to live without a pest like you at his side, wasting his time and efforts, I mean look where it got him, all that time and you’re here, just waiting to die anyway.”

“I guess.”

“Everyone in your life tires of you, everyone is better off-”

“Can we jsut get to the killing part? This is getting pretty repetitive.”

Jasmine raised her eyebrow. “You should be collapsing in a pile of anxiety by now, those memories-”

Mal
The Haunted House we established this already jeez

“They say facings your fears is the best way to get over them,” Mal said with a shrug. “In a way, you turned out to be the best therapist I could ever wish for.” Mal waited a second. “Aw come on, that was funny!”

“You human imbecile,” Jasmine screamed. “You still think this is a game?” Jasmine’s faint aura grew, slimming black hands extending from her sides, devilish fangs branded at the end of each. “It will only hurt a lot.”

Mal tried to run, but Jasmine moved like a Ninjask, her aura arms pinning him to the walls, the fangs cutting deep into his shoulders. There was no way out, all Mal could do was scream, his body feeling like it was being ripped apart, cell by cell. “Such a fun game!” Jasmine said with glee. “Don’t you agree?”

“Sha-agh!” Mal screamed, unable to get the words out through the pain, there was only one thing he could do, but he wasn't even sure it was possible right now. “Shadow!” Mal got out, leaving Jasmine with a slightly confused expression.

“Very odd choice for your final word-”

“Sneak!” Mal got out, his teeth nearly snapping gritted through the pain. Behind him Chiv stirred, his body phasing through Mal’s, a blur of darkness as he spirals into Jasmine, knocking her backwards. The pain went away quickly, adrenaline taking over Mal’s system as soon as the fangs released, he was more awake than he had ever be.

“Chiv!” he called, the haunted sword flying to his side, wrapping Chiv’s tassels wrapping around Mal’s arm as he grabbed onto the hilt. Without missing a beat Mal charged forward, like a madman, at the dazed Jasmine. “Get out!” Sword raised, Mal slashed into Jasmine from the side, screaming in pure rage.

Chiv slid through Jasmine’s side like it wasn’t there, his body instead slicing into the Banette inside, Mal trying his best to force the ghost out. “Let her go!” Mal screamed, putting all the force he could manage into the slash. It was like a game of tug of war, Mal putting all his energy into pushing the ghost out, a weird echoed screaming coming out of Jasmine the entire time, like her voice was in the wrong place.

“NO!” Jasmine screamed, just as Mal saw a peak of Banette’s head start to poke through Jasmine’s side. It wasn’t over yet though, Mal dug his feet into the ground, putting as much force as he could, ignoring the throbbing pain in his shoulders. “ENOUGH!”

A pulse of energy shot of Jasmine before Mal could react, sending him and Chiv flailing backwards, only stopping as he crashed into the wall, the wood snapping on impact.

“You have proven yourself,” Jasmine said, her voice back to normal. “Malcolm, you have shown true bravery and strength here, and for that you will be rewarded.” Jasmine floated towards him, his bleeding, limp body unable to even lift up his head to see her better. “You will be given much in my Ghostly World...your friends on the other hand, I have special plans for them.”

“Oh no,” Jasmine whispered, waving her hand. Through the corner of his eye Mal saw a Dusclops raise around Chiv, trapping the sword under his wrapping. “Focus on me, on your friends back in my realm. Think of all the fun things we could do there, I’ve been wanting to try my hand at medieval role play, you could be the executioner!”

“No….” Mal croaked. “Please...we’re just kids...please let her go….”

“Begging are we?” Jasmine cackled. “I thought you better than that, I guess I was right the first time.”

“I’m sorry….” Mal whispered, his body toppling over, his face smashing into the floor. “Jasmine...I’m sorry….Please.”

Banette cuckled, the entire night’s work having reached the peak, her toy completely broken in front of her. The floor under Mal started to bubble, the Dusknoir that brough him here phasing through in front of him, his mouth sucking Mal in.

“Shadow Ball!”

“Voir!”

From his limited vision, all Mal could see was Dusknoir’s body get pushed backwards, following by his body hitting the floor, sinking back into the bubbling ooze under him. “You! How dare you show your face here after what you did!”

“Heal Pulse!”

“Di! Di! No!”

Mal felt like his chest was on fire, as if he blood was boiling, the burn spreading throughout his body like a slow burn. The burn woke him up though, his head clearing, finally able to think, but unable to hear as burn spread, his vision blurring. Cold ran over his body after, a chill crawling up his spin, spreading like frost on a window over the rest of his body, the burn dying as the cold passed, the cold melting as the fire touched it.

“Chiv!” Mal screamed, his body filled with renewed energy, his wounds having melted away. At the other end of the room the Dusclops exploded, Chiv slicing through the ghostly wrappings, flying right into Mal’s grip.

“Voir!”

“Di! Di! No!”

Mal turned, Jasmine was floating above two, now fainted, Pokemon, her ghostly hands grasping them in the air. “You dare cross me, and have the audacity to return, Stella?” Jasmine cried. “Let us see how brave you feel without your friends to protect you!”

“Di! Voir” The Pokemon snapped awake, the hands clamping down on them, their screams ripping through the room.

“Die!” Mal screamed, charging straight at Jasmine, Chiv held firmly out.

“I’m sorry,” Banette said, casually dodging the attack. “Someone beat you to that part.”

“Mal!” Stella shouted. “Please, save-”

“Thank you,” Mal said, cutting her off. “I got this.”

“Not this again,” Banette moaned. “Can’t you just stay down like a normal toy? Hoe many times do I have to rip you down before it sticks?”

“Night Slash!” Mal roared, chucking Chiv into the air, slicing the tendril’s off Jasmine, Stella’s Pokemon falling to the floor with a thump. Jasmine tried to dodge, but the Pokemon wouldn’t stop, slashing away at her oozing aura, every hit landing with perfect accuracy.

“Stop!” Jasmine screamed, a ghostly hand grabbing Chiv’s hilt, trapping the Pokemon mid slash. “You will end this petty fight, there is no ho-” Jasmine staggered in the air, nearly falling to the ground. “I-” She looked right at Honedge, his tassel having wrapped around Jasmine’s arm, a purple glow encasing the sword. “Why? How?”

“It takes someone pure of heart to wield a Honedge,” Stella answered, looking at Mal with surprise. “You have hoisted your own petard.”

“How da-” Jasmine fell to the ground, the aura around her was as faint as a dying light bulb, flickering as Honedge unwrapped himself, returning to Mal’s side.

“Thanks,” Mal said, grabbing his partner. “Now let’s finish this.”

“No...I can give you whatever you want….Your dreams can come true in my world, just spare me.” Banette could barely speak, her words like the final echo in a canyon.

“When will you learn to shut up?” Mal said, holding Honedge right above Jasmine’s chest. “And you called me pathetic.”

“You dare insu-”

“Enough!” Mal drove Honedge down, ripping Banette out of Jasmine like he was digging a grave, the ghost sliding across the floor, barely even conscious as Mal chucked the Pokeball at her.“Bye-Bye, Bitch.”

One, Two, Three. Chick. The ball snapped shut, Mal tossed it over to Stella, who was waiting nearby.

“Take her, do whatever you want with her, just never let me see her again,” Mal said. “Thanks for everything.”

“I was only trying to save myself,” she said.

“Then why did you come back?”

“Your friends should be back shortly,” Stella said, dodging the question. “With Banette out of the picture the ghosts should go back to normal. Dusknoir will bring them back safely, his job is to bring people home, but Banette corrupted him. Your other friend should wake up soon, she’ll feel weak at first, but no damage should have been done to her. Hopefully.”

“Hopefully,” Mal repeated. “I guess I won’t see you around.” Stella just smiled, nodding as she left the room. As if on queue everything fell into place as she walked out the door.

From behind him he heard two ghostly wails, familiar ones, as Murtle and Ariel floated around Jasmine, looking about ready to die, again. From the ground Dusknoir rose again, his mouth popping open again, the other five kids falling out in a pile, aside from the pile they seemed fine, the ghost fading away again, like he had never been there.

“Is she okay?” Annie cried, running over to Jasmine, the others followed.

“What happened?” Miles said, looking back and forth between the two of them. “Where did Banette go? Where’s Stella?”

“Away.” Mal said. “They’re gone, we can share stories later. After we get out of here.”

“Agreed,” Miles said, laying a hand against Jasmine’s forehead. “Is she okay?”

“When she wakes up she wi-”

“Where am I?” Jasmine mumbled, her body shaking like she had a fever. “What happened?” She seemed so...Not-Jasmine as she started to wake up, confused and sickly.

“Safe, and a lot,” Mal answered. Jasmine’s eyes looked around for his voice, narrowing in on him as he smiled at her.

“Did you call me bitch?” Jasmine said, shooting up like nothing had happened to her. “Murtle.”

“WHAT? NO!” Mal started running. “I WAS BEING THE HERO! I SAVED YOU!” Mal ducked under a Lick. “I WAS TALKING TO THE GHOST! PLEASE CALL HER OFF!”

FIN

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats