Young Writers Society

The Right to Bear Arms

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:41 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I am going to be a grumpy bear who likes honey, but is lured out of hibernation by evil creatures, and thus reluctantly goes out to meet these evil creatures and defeat them through the power of honey.

You can be whoever you want to be.

It'll be a fantasy quest storybook. Meet up with the bear, if you want to join in.

Anyway!

*Bear*

I wanted to sleep in... really, I did. The leaves were starting to droop and the winds were starting to bring in colder weather. It could mean one thing: winter was coming. I had already stuffed myself so fat that I could barely move, and I was hobbling to my little bear den that I had already prepared. It even had an extra honey comb, just in case I woke up and wanted a little snack.I was ready to be completely asleep for the winter.

But then, I heard the noise.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:45 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

*The Noise*

"Bear", he called out from the back of the cave. "Bear, do you think you could bring me some hot cocoa? I would make it myself, but you know what happened last time," he said, referencing the blistering burn on his right hand.

The Noise was wrapped up tight in several cloud-skins and had a team of bats dropping aloe-derived healing gel from the ceiling at proper intervals, but that wasn't enough. Something had changed. Over the past week, while Bear had been nose in the air and declaring winter, The Noise had been laying low and recovering -- burns really hurt, you know! And in that week -- that long, dark, lonesome week -- it was as if The Noise had spoiled. Like a curdled scream.

In any case, The Noise didn't really want any more blasted hot cocoa.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:09 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

*The Fox*

The Fox had his nose to the dirt, scouting, scouting, scouting, looking for that one particular trail of scent that--YES--belonged to The Bird. Crouching down, he approached a bush with tiny tweets coming from within, and, without blinking, leaped upon the bush, tearing the bird therein to shreds. Feathers flew and bones and sinew hung from The Fox's maw. He crunched and gnawed until the bird was eaten whole, his meal contained for another day. It was then that The Fox felt something enormous approaching. Something that didn't belong in the forest...it was a human.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 am
Griffinkeeper says...

*Alden the Gryphon*

Alden raised his head from his nest. Something was wrong.

He stared intently around, looking for the slightest change, anything that might indicate and imminent threat. No threat materialized, but something was off. Something in the air was different; but he couldn't place his talon on it.

Perhaps it was nothing. But if there was something, then Alden knew who would know about it. He took off and headed deep into the forest.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca