z

Young Writers Society

The Sál (Starting)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 pm
NightWolf says...

In the kingdom of Isria, a darkness threatens to engulf the land. The Shadows, terrible beings made entirely out of the blackness of despair, are gathering on the borders. It seems as if all hope is lost. The King is desperate for a miracle. And a miracle is just might be what he gets. Four children. Four Sál, soul animals of legend. Do they have what it takes to save Isria?

There are five places avaliable on this storybook, and you are allowed to play minority roles if they are required to move your post along (such as a trader).

1. Boy, with fox Sál: Taken by Nightwolf (character page coming shortly)
2. Boy, with falcon Sál: Taken by ReisePiecey
3. Girl, with owl Sál: Taken by Iggy
4. Girl, with lioness Sál: Taken by Skyguy

Spoiler! :
Sál are soul animals, spirit animals. You are considered legendary if you are lucky enough to be bestowed such a gift. Sál take the form of an animal that bests suits the human's attributes, as they are part of the human's soul. If you have a Sál, its first appearance will come at a great time of need. Sál's can only communicate with their human and other Sáls. After their first appearance, a necklace will form around the human's neck. This necklace is a leather string, and a wooden tag. The tag is engraved with the Sál's name, an image of the Sál, and the name of the Sál's form. The human has to clutch the tag in order to summon the Sál from the spirit world

Spoiler! :
The Spirit Guide is from the spirit world and leads the four children through their journey to save Isria. He (or she) appears in almost the same way as a Sál does, but they can speak to all the children. For the most part, the Spirit Guide stays in the spirit world. They can always see the children.

Spoiler! :
The Spirit World is a bright, colourful place. It has gateways which lead into the physical world and these are only opened when a human summons their Sál.

Please PM with your desired character and I shall let you know if you can have it or not. If not, I will offer another spot if I can.

When creating a character page, please include the: name of your character and their Sál (if applicable), their age (between twelve and fourteen), their history, their personality and their appearance.

The spirit guide is now a character you can just use in your post, guys. I didn't think
he was so important enough for a spot.
Thanks, and I hope to see you soon.
Last edited by NightWolf on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm
Sassafras says...

Can I reserve the falcon boy?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 pm
Iggy says...

May I have the owl female please? :)

ETA: also, you should make a DT for this.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 pm
Skyguy says...

Can I reserve the lioness?
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 pm
KingLucifer says...

No more spots I'm guessing. is it possible to add another spot, a male, owl perhaps?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 pm
Iggy says...

Dante wrote:No more spots I'm guessing. is it possible to add another spot, a male, owl perhaps?

@Dante - Spirit Guide
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

37 Reviews

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 pm
View Likes
NightWolf says...

Iggy
Skyguy
ReisePiecey

You can have your chosen spots.
Dante The Spirit Guide spot is still open.

Once I have sorted everything out, and the character pages are up, we shall start
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

37 Reviews

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:20 pm
NightWolf says...

(Sorry for the delay, but we're starting!)

Damon ran through the forest, dodging trees as he fled. Behind him, he could hear tortured screams, and smell the acrid smoke of burning corpses. His heart thumped loudly in his chest.
"Come back here," shouted a voice gruffly.
Damon shook his head, and kept on running. Everything hurt. His legs, his chest, his head...just everything. All of a sudden, he felt his foot get hooked beneath him.
"No!" he cried out, "No!"
He threw out his arms to break his fall. Damon closed his eyes as he slammed down onto the ground. Terrified, he got to his knees. However, the man behind him kicked him back to the ground. Damon forced himself onto his back, and stared up into the eyes of a bandit. The man was carrying a dagger, its point sharpened and glinting cruelly in the dappled light.
"I shall enjoy killing you, brat," he said.
Damon looked away, not wanting to see his murderer. In the corners of his eyes, he saw an orange glow, like fire. Had the fire from the village spread?, he wondered. The bandit yelled out, and he backed away swiftly. Damon picked himself up a little, until he was sitting. And what he saw was both brilliant and frightening. A fox was flying through the air, but it had no solid form, and its fur glowed like flames. It looked like orange liquid, but you could see it was a fox. As soon as it landed onto the ground in front of the bandit, it solidified into a true creature, russet-red fur and a small, lithe body. It lunged at the bandit, snarling viciously. The bandit turned and ran, but the fox caught up with him. Damon stared at the ground, trying to ignore the bandit's screams. Once they were silenced, he noticed the fox was walking towards him.
Human. What is your name?
Damon gulped at the sound in his mind. He thought the answer, not knowing if the fox could hear him.
D-damon his thoughts stammered.
Unusual name for a human, D-damon.
Damon shook his head.
No, not D-damon, just Damon. What are you?
The fox replied solemnly:
I am Rogue, your Sal

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende