z

Young Writers Society

'Stolen Perfection'-(Open/Started)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 am
Dreamery says...

Hi, guys. Dd here. Some of you may be familiar with my 'Armies of the Gods' Storybook, which didn't go too well. This one's going to be different. I promise.

This is a current Roleplay between my friends and I, so I thought it'd be interesting to bring it here and see what you guys think about it. Feel free to join!

Background:
Spoiler! :
'Stolen Perfection'-Criminal Underworld RP

Word on the street is that there's some good money to be found if you look in the right places. It's a good way to get quick cash and make your mark on this city. It's not the most legal. But, it'll work.

You see, there's a large ring of people that work together toward a similar goal. Sounds like any other organization,right? Well, this group of people doesn't work to benefit their community. They work for money. Now, this is noRobin Hood parallel. They take from the rich and give to themselves.

They hit jewelry stores, supermarkets, banks, and anywhere else that has money, really. They operate in groups of three or more. But, it's really an unspoken rule, that you don't go with more than five.

They're trained to open doors. Because, in their business, it's opening doors that matters. Not closing them.

Of course, the cops are on to them. They're afraid to take them on, though. They know just how much power the thieves have. The government's already forming a task force to take them on. The Anti-Theif Combat Unit, or the ATCU.

Some of these thieves steal for different reasons. Some steal for themselves. Some steal for others. Some steal to pay off their own debts. Either way, it's a dangerous business.

Now, you didn't hear this from me.

The Good:
Spoiler! :
The Anti-Thief Combat Unit

These bad boys good guys are the ones who're sent in to stop and combat the thieves that steal from our great community. They're easily identifiable by their weaponry, consisting of machine guns and explosives, and their bulletproof vests over light blue fatigues.

The Bad:
Spoiler! :
The Thieves

These guys steal. They steal anything that they can easily get their hands on. They wear masks to conceal their identity. They have safehouses in which they hide from the police and the ATCU. They're rich because they steal, and they steal because they can only get richer. You've got to cash in the merchandise for yourself, or you're going to pay off your debts. Either way, it's a profitable business.

The Dirty: (Note: This isn't a type of character.)
Spoiler! :
These guys get in confrontations a lot. For either side, I'd suggest you watch out. Don't tell my boss that I'm telling you this.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler! :
Character Sheet:

So, what's that name again?:
Just how old are you?:
Your personality, please:
Your backstory. Anything important.:
It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it):
Where's your family from? What's your race?:
Whose side are you on?(Theif, ATCU or Civilian):
Why do you steal? (Theif):
Why do you hinder the stealing? (ATCU):
What's your primary weapon?:
Your secondary?:
How do you get around?:
Any friends? Companions?:
Who are they?:
Any other characters you'd like to connect to'?:
Other:

Rules:

1. Respect others.
2. Post your Sheet here, if this hasn't started yet. If I accept, you put it in the sidebar.
3. Try to make your posts of an acceptable length. Say, eight to ten paragraphs minimum.
4. Don't post more than twice at a time.
5. Be active.
6. Have fun! Or else...

Current Characters:
Spoiler! :
ATCU:
1. Ashlynn Diaz~Desticakes101
2.Reginald “Reggie” Pierre Mombazu~RobbieFava

Thieves:
1. Alena Thompson~thelostone
2. Mark "Bullseye" Johnson~Me(ddman18)
3. Johnnie Mulcahey~megsug
4. Reserved~ReisePiecey

Civilians:
1. Scout Thompson~thelostone

Don't worry. I'll save you a diamond or two.
Last edited by Dreamery on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 am, edited 6 times in total.

6 Reviews

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 pm
Dreamery says...

By the way, I can open more spots if needed.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 4
Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:16 am
thelostone says...

I'll join!
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

6 Reviews

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 am
Dreamery says...

So, what's that name again?: Mark "Bullseye" Johnson
Just how old are you?: 29
Your personality, please:

Rough, demanding and accurate. Very harsh, even toward anyone that's remotely a friend or ally.

Your backstory. Anything important.:

Mark grew up in an affluent family. He got anything he wanted. He didn't want much. In fact, the only thing that he wanted was freedom. And, he didn't get that.

He was inside all day, with lesson after lesson about music and school. He wanted to get away from that life. He wanted to be free. He didn't want to stay inside all day. He wanted to go outside and live life.

So, he did.

Every week, he snuck off to his mentor. His mentor taught him combat skills and lockpicking skills. As well as, various other skills that he would need to survive in the outside world.

One day, as he was coming home, he noticed a black car in his driveway. When he stepped inside his house, a man was holding his parents at gunpoint. Apparently, his father had a large debt that he had to pay the man and his gang. The man left, after crippling his father.

Now, Mark steals to pay off the debt that his father created.

It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it):
Where's your family from? What's your race?: English, American
Affiliation(Theif, ATCU or Civilian): Theif
Why do you steal? (Theif): To pay off a debt.
Why do you hinder the stealing? (ATCU): N/A
What's your primary weapon?: M4A1
Your secondary?: Pistol
How do you get around?: Van
Any friends? Companions?: Yes.
Who are they?: A crew of three others.
Any other characters you'd like to connect to?: Hm. Thelostone's to-be Thief. We've talked about it.
Other: He has a slight, almost unnoticeable English accent.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:39 am
megsug says...

So, what's that name again?: Johnnie Mulcahey (Mul-kay-he)
Just how old are you?: 24
Your personality, please: Johnnie is really clumsy and strangely pious. He’s prone to waves of guilt where he’s distracted on the job, thus even more clumsy, but he only needs a taste of the excitement of the job to ‘forget’ the eighth commandment of the ten commandments. He works well with his team but tries not to spend much time with them, seeing them as ‘unpure’ and rather afraid of them when it comes right down to it. He has a slow temper and is actually a bit of a pacifist. If he doesn’t have to kill someone on the job, he’s not going to. Though Jonnie does love a thrill, it wouldn’t take too many threats to get him to spill his guts. He’s loyal to himself before a team. He has a low pain tolerance, but that doesn’t mean you can brush him off. Insult his beliefs or his momma, and Johnnie will be all over you. If you can get him fighting, he’s quite a force to be reckoned with. Johnnie has a bit of a speaking problem when it comes to girls. He really tries to avoid them altogether, but when he has to talk to one, especially a confident, pretty one, he stammers or talks way too much. The only woman he can talk to with ease is his mother who he tries to visit on a regular basis. She’s the most important person to him. He tries to witness to her every time he sees her.
Your backstory. Anything important.: Johnnie was the only child of his parents. His father was a hard working immigrant. In a strike at work which Mr. Mulcahey was participating in, he was shot by the police called to control the situation. He died of infection two weeks later. Johnnie was fourteen years old. In this two weeks, Johnnie and his mother frequented the nearby church almost everyday. When his father died, Johnnie’s mother stopped attending, but Johnnie, having befriended the pastor, never did. Johnnie always liked a little excitement. When he was fifteen, he was hanging out with a group of friends, and they dared him to poke (so lame….) one of the strays around the neighborhood who was known to be mean. The dog grabbed hold of Johnnie’s hand. The doctor couldn’t save the ring or middle finger of his left hand.
It's really dark in here. What do you look like?: Dark coloring, brown eyes, black hair. Tall and broad. Almost always has on casual clothing. He’s got a slouch.
Where's your family from? What's your race?: Italy; Italian
Whose side are you on?: Thief
Why do you steal?: Mainly for the adrenaline rush, but the money’s not so bad either.
What's your primary weapon?:Fists
Your secondary?: N/A
How do you get around?: Walks or public transportation.
Any friends? Companions?: Yes
Who are they?: I suppose he’s part of a crew
Any other characters you'd like to connect to?:
Other: He has a pet ferret named Lolita. He doesn’t like taking her on jobs, but he’ll take her basically anywhere else.
**Next one will get done tomorrow**
Test

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 am
thelostone says...

So, what's that name again?: Alena Thompson

Just how old are you?: 22

Your personality, please: She tries to be as goodhearted as she can be for the sake of her daughter, but in a line of work like this it's tough. She is very stubborn and protective.

Your backstory. Anything important.: Alena grew up with her parents and five other siblings. They lived in the Bronx and were struck by poverty. She met Liam when she was sixteen and quickly fell in love. At eighteen she got pregnant with her daughter, Scout. When her parents found out they were enraged and threw her out on the streets. She told Liam, hoping they would have a family together, and he abandoned her. Alena was ripped apart when he left and didn't leave her with anything. She tried to hold onto any job she could to support Scout, but she had no other option than to steal. She hates it and wishes there was another option, but right now, there isn't.

It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it): Dark hair that falls in messy waves just past her shoulders. Muddy brown eyes, and full light pink lips.

Where's your family from? What's your race?: American

Whose side are you on?(Theif, ATCU or Civilian): Theif

Why do you steal? (Theif): For her daughter

What's your primary weapon?: She carries a small dagger but only uses it for emergencies

Your secondary?: Fists

How do you get around?: Walking

Who are they?: Scout and the others in her crew

Other: Scout is always with her, Alena is too afraid that something will happen to her
Last edited by thelostone on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:13 am
thelostone says...

So, what's that name again?: Scout Thompson

Just how old are you?: 4

Your personality, please: Always bright and happy. Loves to run and skip down the streets. Almost everyone who meets her falls under her charm.

Your backstory. Anything important.: She grew up in the streets with her mom, Alena. They were always moving around.

It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it): Light brown uncontrollable mess of curls and waves. Hazel eyes and chubby cheeks.

Where's your family from? What's your race?:American

Whose side are you on?(Theif, ATCU or Civilian): Civilian

How do you get around?: Walking with her mom

Who are they?: Her mom and the others

Other: She has a dirty blanket that she drags everywhere called "Silky"

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 am
Sassafras says...

Save a male thief spot please.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

6 Reviews

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:58 am
Dreamery says...

Anyone else?

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:09 am
Desticakes101 says...

So, what's that name again?: Ashlynn Diaz ( She prefers to be called Ash or Lynne)

Just how old are you?: 21

Your personality, please: Ashlynn will never be going for the most agreeable award by a long shot, I can tell you that. She's a firecracker. She has a short-fuse that can easily be lit, and is agressively hostile. She truly does not like people and can never be in a room with too many people for too long. Some good traits that she does have are that she can easily be aloof in necessary situations, she is naturally confident but not cocky , dynamic and methodical , and disciplined in her line of work. Although she doesn't like people, she grows very protective of people that she usually feels emphatic for, and will usually (and dumbly, might i add) put her neck out for people that she trusts enough. Other than that she's a total bookworm and is usually pretty quiet unless being directly acknowledged or she feels the need to speak up in a particularly bad situation.

Your backstory. Anything important.: We'll make this short. Ashlynn's life was tough. Her father went to jail for pedophilia when she was only 7. Don't worry she was never raped, but he did get to kids in her school, which left her shunned and bullied up until she graduated. Her stepfather (whom her mother married when she turned 13) was a pretty messed up guy though, and slowly drained her and her mothers life savings, and Ashlynn's college account, until they were penniless. After that he fled the country and was never seen or heard of again. Thats pretty much when Ashlynn formed her hate for thieves, and promised to rid the world of them. To be continued...

It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it): Ashlynn can be qualified as beautiful, but she really doesn't see it (or notice it). She has long (down to her butt), shiny jet black hair that she usually either keeps in a high ponytail, braid, or messy bun. Her cheekbones are high, and she has rosebud lips. She's lean and toned but has a few well placed curves, yet you usually can't tell because its hidden under her bulletproof vest and light blue fatigues. Her skin is a light shade of bronze, that literally glows when she's happy. Her eyes are forest green and are wide and doe-like.

Where's your family from? What's your race?: Her mother is 100% puerto rican while her father is half native american half italian.

Whose side are you on?(Theif, ATCU or Civilian): ATCU

Why do you hinder the stealing? (ATCU): Ash vehemently hates all thieves after her stepfather took all that she and her mother had. She believes that there is no reason that anyone should steal, and feels no mercy towards thieves.

What's your primary weapon?: Her colt 1911 .45 ACP is her most reliable, favorite and accessible weapon. She's even named it Jessie. She's had it since she was 18 and first joined the ATCU.

Your secondary?: Her AK-47 is her other favorite weapon. She loves using it, but thinks that it causes too much noise, and isn't as easy to hide as her colt.

How do you get around?: This is one of Ashlynns favorite parts of her job, besides catching thieves and firing her guns. When Ashlynn graduated her training, at the top of her class, the ATCU gifted her with her most prized possession, and what she calls her baby. After lusting for it for practically her whole life they gave her a Suzuki Hayabusa. The second fastest car in the world and in the best shade ever, mystichrome.

Any friends? Companions?: Only one friend

Who are they? : Her polar opposite. A peppy, optimistic, happy go lucky blond named Mandy. Honestly, it's a match made in heaven, seeing as to how Mandy is the only one able to calm Ashlynn down. Even though she constantly gets on Ashlynn's nerves, Ashlynn loves the girl more than anyone else on the earth and would risk her life for Mandy at any time.

Any other characters you'd like to connect to?: Anyone who can suit her interest, I guess. Ashlynn is pretty had to get along with so good luck with that.

Other: She speaks fluid spanish and italian.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

6 Reviews

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:20 am
Dreamery says...

Alright, @Desticakes101. As for your connections, it may be a bit difficult, since everyone who's joined so far is a Thief.

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:23 am
Desticakes101 says...

@ddman18 eh thats fine. My character doesn't get along with people anyways. It's probably better that there aren't any people (at the moment) apart of the ACTU
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:54 am
RobbieFava says...

Hey there! I don't have a lot of experience with these kinds of stories, but I am intrigued by the world you've created here! So, I created a character that I think would be quite interesting and perhaps a perfect fit for it. Please let me know what you think!

So, what's that name again?: Reginald “Reggie” Pierre Mombazu

Just how old are you?: 31

Your personality, please: Reggie is referred to as a human chameleon. There is little to be said about him personally other than the fact that he has an award-winning smile to mask an incomparable wit and baffling sense of cunning. However, the very few people that know him well enough have certainly lived to regret it. Reggie is extremely self-righteous and… unstable, to say the least… suffering from a well-hidden form of schizophrenia. It is because of his “mental superiority” (as he refers to his condition) that he is able to blend in with any crowd and manipulate those around him in an effortless game of chess. He believes that he can see the spirits of the dead and that they guide him in his quest to purge the world of evil and lawlessness… which is horribly ironic seeing as how he hardly fits the “good guy” criteria himself. He has a very profound attraction to spiders due to the fact that he so closely relates to them. He is surprisingly sadistic and loves nothing more than to watch the look of total defeat on his opponents faces when they finally realize that they’ve been played.

Your backstory. Anything important.: Born in Haiti, both he and his mother fled to the United States as refugees on a Mexican cargo ship when he was nine. For three weeks he did not see the sun and nearly died from starvation and dehydration until finally they landed in New Orleans. In the United States, both he and his mother lived in poverty until he turned thirteen while working at a shabby hotel. It wasn’t until his mother and the other employees were brutally slaughtered in a turf war by the Mexican drug cartel that Reggie began to fervently believe in the delusions of his mother- that he was destined to rid the world of evil. And, he thought, what better way to destroy evil than to beat it at its own game? Reggie soon learned the ways of the streets and discovered that he had a knack for reading people and telling them exactly what they wanted to hear. It was then that he decided to use his gifts and to avenge his mother by destroying the parties responsible from the inside out. Now, her “spirit” haunts him and guides him toward a path of “righteousness”… or utter self-destruction.

It's really dark in here. What do you look like? (Optional, because I hate it): Ebony skin. Long, black dread locks. A very well-groomed goatee. Piercing brown eyes. Approximately 6'2" and weighing in at about 185 lbs. Does NOT wear designer labels or anything of the sort. Would probably walk around naked... if it weren't against the law.

Where's your family from? What's your race?: Born in Haiti. Mother- Ugandan. Father- unknown.

Whose side are you on?(Theif, ATCU or Civilian): ATCU

Why do you steal? (Theif):

Why do you hinder the stealing? (ATCU): Reggie’s mother was a “Voodou” (and I put that in quotations because most people who practice this religion are not actually as savage or insane as this woman) priestess who raised him to believe that his calling in life was to eliminate all of the evils of the world (no room for disappointment eh?) In conjunction with an assortment of force-fed psychedelics and what could be classified as almost-cannibalistic rituals, Reggie’s psyche as a child was ultimately fractured and he began to hate the world for all of the wickedness it contained. It wasn’t until he and his mother moved to America when she was brutally murdered by a street gang affiliated with the Mexican drug cartel and his mindset began to truly unravel. It was years later that Reggie infiltrated the organization by posing as a drug dealer, and after six months managed to turn the heads of two opposing factions within the cartel against each other, ultimately leading to the slaughtering of both sides without Reggie even having to pull the trigger himself. It was after being interrogated by the authorities that he was eventually recruited to the ATCU to specialize in undercover infiltration and sabotage. Reggie’s inflated and deluded sense of self-worth is what drives him along with a fanatical (and rather hypocritical) sense of moral obligation.

What's your primary weapon?: Reggie rarely likes to get his hands dirty, (he’s not really against violence, but prefers more subtle ways of decimating the opposition) but when he does it normally involves the use of a .78 automatic (equipped with a silencer of course).

Your secondary?: When Reggie begins to feel exceptionally rambunctious he might whip out the brass knuckles to make more of an impact.

How do you get around?: Reggie believes that cars are disgusting and are an atrocity toward Mother Nature. Therefore, he rides a bicycle. This also makes him appear less conspicuous, as people believe him to be poor as opposed to an idealistic douchebag (although this is probably the only thing I personally may see eye-to-eye with him on).

Any friends? Companions?: His imaginary ones (haha), namely the “ghosts” of his late mother and the mysterious young man who he refers to as “Anda.” He also has a pet spider named Mara that occasionally talks back to him. Aside from that his only affiliations are to the ATCU and to the brigands he takes such pleasure in apprehending. He certainly has an infinitely larger number of enemies than allies.

Who are they?: Mother, obvious. Mara, also obvious. Anda was actually his childhood friend who he also believes to be the incarnation of one of his patron saints.

Any other characters you'd like to connect to'?: Honestly, I'm really excited to make a character that could potentially form relationships with any number of other characters due to his ambiguous and treacherous nature. I think that possibly building a relationship with Ash Diaz could prove to be humorous at the very least and building a friendship with Alena Thompson might be beneficial and could potentially change the way that he sees lawbreakers (or at least the ones who aren’t just out for themselves.) Aside from that, Reggie can and probably will at one point or another make “friends” with anyone and everyone that will fall for his charms.

Other: Speaks fluent French and Spanish. Refuses to take medication for his condition and does not take kindly to those who insist that he needs it. It’s probably one of the only topics of conversation that will send him spiraling into a violent rage.

6 Reviews

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 am
Dreamery says...

Post your characters in the sidebar! We can get started! Remember, this Storybook is always open! Until it seems like an insane amount of characters.

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James