Young Writers Society

Cinderella [September Storybook]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:36 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

After a fierce gladiatorial combat with the other junior moderators, yours truly has emerged victorious. As a result, one new thing could be added to my section. Since our own Tenyo was the runner up, she had the opportunity to advise me on what that could be. It has been decided that the storybook crew will host monthly interactive storybooks.

It has been under our attention that storybooks often die. Plot can be confusing to figure out, especially if premises are open-ended. Each month, we will follow a story you all know and love. Each participant will claim a key character, and we will act/write out the story.

Yeah, but won't that get boring Elinor? Not to fear! We won't follow it exactly to a tippy-tee. Everything will be the same, but YOU will be in command of your character. In a certain scene during the movie, have you ever wondered what they were thinking and feeling? Experiment with that. Whatever you want is in your control, as long it makes sense within the context of the story.

For September, we'll be doing Cinderella. We'll follow the Disney version of the story since it's most familiar with everyone. Since this is the first, I'll play Cinderella, but in the future you will have opportunities to play lead roles.

Spots

Spoiler! :
Cinderella Tremaine - Elinor Brynn
Anastasia Tremaine - Iggy
Drizella Tremaine - ReisePiecey
Lady Tremaine -
Prince Charming - StellaThomas
Fairy Godmother - Rydia
King -
Duke -
Jacques - Blacknether12
Gus -
Lucifer - ScarlettFire
Bruno - fortis

Spots will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. To submit, please fill out this profile.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (If you play the Prince, King or Duke, the name is up to you)
[b]Age:[/b] (Cinderella, Anastasia, Drizella and Prince Charming should be 18-20, Lady Tremaine, The King and Duke should be 40-50, and the animals should have appropriate adult ages for cats, dogs and mice)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Optional written description. When asked to submit an image, please do not use a still from the movie. What do YOU think they look like? Be creative.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Should be as accurate as possible!)
[b]History:[/b] (Whatever you want with this! The characters in this all have vague back stories, so you can get creative here).

A DT will go up very shortly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:00 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Everyone: waiting for the last two profiles to be put up. I think we can @ScarlettFire , @fortis and @Blacknether12 can NPC Gus. The King doesn't have to appear - @StellaThomas can NPC him. We can probably all NPC the Duke, since his biggest appearance is at the ball and at the end, provided no one else claims these characters in the next few days. However, I really would like someone to play the evil stepmother. So as we get someone to be the stepmother and get the last two profiles up, we can start this. We'll mix up the plot a little bit, so we can start that discussion in the DT real soon.

-- Walt Disney

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 am
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

Mind if I jump in and play the stepmother? I've always wondered how she felt about the whole thing, why she was so EVUL.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

do it!

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Starting now! All out of character questions should go in the DT from now on~

-

In her dream, Cinderella was wearing a beautiful dress; it was blue and glittering, made of silk. It was the kind of dress she always imagined wearing if she was ever invited to a grand gala event; a royal ball, a wedding, a birthday at the palace. Her hair was curled and tied back with a silk headband. For the first time in her life, she felt truly beautiful.

She was somewhere important-- the palace? There were hundreds of other people there, all dressed in finery. Even though she had no idea where she was or how she had gotten there, she was so wrapped up in the beauty of the place that she didn't care.

She felt a shoulder touch her hand.

"Miss?" It was a deep voice, male.

She turned. It was a boy her age, dressed very regally. He had dark hair and blue eyes that twinkled in the evening light. He was very handsome. "Yes?" Cinderella responded. Others were staring, but she didn't know why.

"May I have this dance?"

"Yes," she replied. And just as she was about to grab his hand, everything faded away.

The morning sunlight burst through her window, and she felt the clock chime. Six in the morning. The sky was still pink. She sighed, feeling momentarily deflated. This was the sixth time in the past two weeks that she had the dream. It had to mean something.

She hummed to herself as she showered and got on her work clothes. Jacques and the rest of the mice were real sweet and lovey as she brushed her hair and tied it back.

"Ready for another day, Jacques?"

The mouse shook his head. She scratched his forehead and smiled softly. She'd had the mouse for six months now, and had begun to grow attached to him.

"See you later," Cinderella said. She went down the many steps of the tower to the kitchen. She savored each little minute she had without her stepsisters or stepmother; feeding Lucifer (although that was no picnic) and Bruno, then the farm animals. But time melted away, and soon she heard their obnoxious voices over the bells.

The day would only really start now. She sighed.

-- Walt Disney

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Drizella Tremaine

"Cinderella!"

Drizella screeched the name before she was even fully upright in her bed. In the room across from hers she could hear Ana's bed sheets rustling as she too woke up. Dri took off her sleeping mask and unwrapped her hair. She turned her head and listened for the sound of footsteps. None.

"Cin. Der. Ella!"

"Coming, sister!"

Drizella huffed and threw her legs over the side of the bed. The sound of popping bones filled the room as she stretched out with a loud yawn. Her sleep was a dreamless one, but she wasn't bothered by it. Usually for her it was either nightmares or nothing, the former of which usually always featured Cinderella ruining her life in one way or another - stealing her prince, cutting her hair, stealing her clothes, etc. A memory of one of her worst nightmares flashed across her eyes and her face heated at the memory. As soon as Cinderella appeared in her doorway, dusty and ragged, Dri narrowed her eyes to daggers and rose from her bed in anger.

"How many times have I told you to not keep me waiting?"

"I-"

"How many times have I told her, Anastasia," Drizella screamed over Cinderella's quiet, soft words.

"Many," came Ana's distant reply.

"That's right," Dri continued, her finger now poking into Cinderella's chest. "I do not want to have to say it again."

Cinderella nodded.

"Right then. I'll have pancakes for breakfast this morning, and go easy on the syrup this time. I'd hate for my thighs to look like yours."

"Yes, sister."

Drizella sneered down at Cinderella before scoffing and turning away.

"Dismissed."

She slammed the door and went to sit down at her dresser. She usually slept with a small layer of makeup already applied - she'd long ago mastered the art of sleeping perfectly still on her back - but it still would be a long time before she was ready to be presented to the public. By the time she'd put the finishing gloss on her lips, Cinderella was calling her down for breakfast.

Dri sauntered down the stairs and, with a flourish, entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, family."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Anastasia Tremaine

"Cinderella!"

The brush running through her long crimson hair slipped from her palm as she winced. Her sister's shrill voice rang through their conjoined bedrooms, once again chewing CInderella out for no reason at all. It made Ana feel awkward as she picked up her brush and continued to brush her hair. Eighteen. Nineteen. Twenty..

Cinderella was sent away and Ana slowly shuffled out of the bathroom and into her closet, selecting a soft blue dress that made her look beautiful. This was evident to everyone, including Dri who didn't bother to hide a scowl as Ana came into her room.

It's not that Dri hated her, per se; she just hated competition. And in Dri's eyes, once the two of them went to any ball, they were enemies fighting to find suitors. And if Ana's hair looked glossier or if her shoes were shinier, Dri would treat her like crap until they returned home. Then it was back to Dri and Ana vs. Cinderella.

"Don't you look nice?" Drizella sneered.

"Thank you." Ana said, a bit sharply, keeping her head held high as she followed her sister out the door and downstairs. As they passed by Cinderella, Ana bit her tongue at the rags their mother dressed the child in. She hated how mistreated Cinderella was, but every time she felt a flash of pity, she had to remind herself of the time when she and Cinderella were 14.

Her step-dad had just died and while it was hard for Ana, it was even harder for Cinderella. And her mother didn't help at all. In fact, Lady Tremaine seemed rather pleased with what she had inherited. Or rather, guarded.

Until Cinderella became of age. Then everything, all of their wealth and status, would be lost. She would no longer have a title to her name. And so they would be booted out, to live with the lesser people, in rags and dirt! she always told her children. That is why they must be mean to Cinderella, because Cinderella will betray them in the end.

Ana knew Cinderella was kind, but she was still afraid, and selfish. And so she listened to her mother, but she couldn't bring herself to be as evil as Dri was.

That of which was pretty evident as she sat down and Cinderella placed a plate of pancakes in front of her. Yawning, Ana lightly placed a palm over her mouth, then smacked her lips hungrily. "Thank you," she said unconsciously.

The fork clunked loudly against the plate as Dri threw it down. a look of outrage on her face.

"I mean, go get me some milk!" Ana snapped, shoving Cinderella's hand away, feeling a pang of guilt as the blonde lowered her blue eyes and quietly whispered, "Yes, Anastasia."

"Can't believe you! Just wait until I tell Mother." Dri hissed across the table, making Ana's face flush in anger.

"You won't tell her anything or I swea-"

Spoiler! :
Enter Lady Tremaine?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 pm
Elinor says...

-

It was only nine o'clock in the morning, and still Cinderella was ready for the day to be over. She was scrubbing the floors in the main hall now, humming a little tune to keep herself distracted. She went back to the comfort of her dream, and it made her feel a little better if only for a moment. Even though she knew that it was important to keep the house clean, sometimes she wondered why her stepmother made her go to such great lengths. It wasn't as if they ever got any guests.

At that thought, she heard someone knock at the door. She opened it, finding an official-looking man with a bundle of mail. He handed Cinderella a letter.

"An urgent message from the King," he said, departing before Cinderella could react. She went upstairs to find her stepmothers and stepsisters. They were in the middle of a music lesson, and they looked upset until Cinderella said,

"From the King."

Before she knew it the two stepsisters were in her face, both trying to grab the letter. Her stepmother took it from them.

"Why, there's to be a royal ball in honor of the Prince," said the Stepmother. "Every eligible maiden is to be there."

Cinderella's eyes opened wide. No matter what her family thought of her, she was still an eligible maiden of the kingdom. And it was a royal invitation; why would she turn that down? Her dream. It was her dream.

"I can go," Cinderella said softly. "I can go!"

Her stepmother and stepsisters look at her and laughed hysterically.

-- Walt Disney

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:06 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the late post. Be sure to let me know if there are any problems with this post -I haven't watched the movie Cinderella since I was eight . . . so understand if my memory of it turns out to be addled.

|Jacques|

“Ready for another day Jacques?”

Jaq looked up at Cinderella, his beady eyes wide, and shook his head. Why would he be ready for another day?

Cinderella scratched his forehead gently, smiling gently. She had a nice smile, he thought to himself. She'd always been good to him and the other mice, kind and gentle.

He watched her intently as she left the room. She was amazing, the way she worked as she did, never complaining, never falling short of what was expected of her.

The most remarkable thing about her though was that she always seemed to be able to keep the best face in the worst conditions. It hurt Jaq to see her in conditions so near to slavery, but he never had reason to complain for her. She always seemed happy in her own way. Inside.

Gently ruffling his whiskers, Jaq jumped down off of the rough, ancient bed where Cinderella slept. Sniffing the air delicately, he trotted soundlessly across the cold floor.

The coast was clear. No cat in sight.

There was nothing needing doing at the moment. The other mice would be returning to their burrows shortly, getting some rest before the night returned.

The only reason they really stayed up during the day at all was for Cinderella's sake. She took care of them; helping then get what they needed to survive -whether it was food, nesting materials, or Lucifer out a window.

Well, no, Cinderella would never throw Lucifer, no matter how cruel he was, out a window. She simply was too kind and gentle to do that.

But it didn't change the fact that the mice in the old mansion owed her a lot -A debt they could only hope to ever repay. A couple of them owed her their lives.

Glancing over his shoulder at the other mice scurrying for their assorted holes in the walls, he trotted out the open door. He owed Cinderella more than the other mice, and made it his particular habit of keeping an eye on her.

Down below in the mansion he heard grating voices raised loud in the morning air. He winced at the sound. How could Cinderella keep a straight face with voices like that tearing through the house?

If only I was bigger . . . he let the thought die away. Cinderella wouldn't harm a fly. He could only hope to be half so good.

Scurrying and hopping down the stairs, he glanced into the room of Mrs. Evil #1. Anastasia.

He hated that one. She had a horrid habit of hitting mice -or screaming for Lucifer to save her whenever she saw one.

He hissed at her, catching her attention. Her horrible, ripping scream split the air as she saw him. Chuckling to himself her ran out and hid behind the leg of an antique table.

He saw her stick her freckled face out into the hallway. She looked around for a moment and then called, “CINDERELLA!!!”

A moment later, Cinderella, wearing her ragged work clothes appeared. “Yes?” she said politely and sweetly.

Anastasia glared at her, “there's a horrid rat thing that just came into my room! If you don't find it and get rid of it then I'll . . .” the 'evil stepsister' seemed to choke with on the words. She stopped, “just get rid of it!” Spinning around she slammed the door to her room shut.

I'm a mouse you . . . .ugh!

“Jaq?”

Jaq glanced up at the sound of Cinderella's voice. He sighed to himself and slipped meekly out into the hall.

Cinderella bent down and gently scooped him up, “Jaq, I told you not to frighten my sisters . . .”

The disappointment in her voice made his heart ache. “Sorry . . .” he squeaked.

She rolled her eyes and set him back down, “go on now, and don't do that again please.”
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina