z

Young Writers Society

High School Mythical: Started/Accepting

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm
KingLucifer says...

Spoiler! :
I'll be posting for Chococookie for a while, she has problems in reality.

Ankli Blackbird - Infirmary

I lay there on the bed, not fully cleared to leave the room for right now. Hazel sits in a chair off to my side waiting as patiently as I am, she was the first face I saw after talking with that voice. But after speaking to the voice, something about me had changed, my wings, they were't bat-like, like they was this mourning. Now they the wings of a Black bird. Rembrandt's clones stood at the doorway as the original walked though, I've always been able to tell him apart from his clones, there was a certain spark he had, that his clones didn't.

"So how you girls holding up?

"We're fine, Ankli took the blunt of the impact when we smashed though the third story window," Hazel said.

"I see then, now how is Ankli?" he asked.

"I have more questions than I have wounds," I answered.

I sat up from the infirmary bed, partially showing my wings to Rembrandt. His eyes travail to them and see the difference between my bat wings and my now feather wings, I had a lot of questions.

"The nurse did said it was impossible to have suddenly switch from what I've had all my life, to this. Would someone like to explain to me how this happens?" I asked.

"I don't know what to tell you, maybe you can ask Chase or Lay-"

"Not even if I was in hell," I cut him off.

"But Ankli,"

"I'm not asking help from some Angel that needs to realize that this world is a broken down piece of crap, and a Unicorn who can't even make it out of high school," I said.

"When Lucifer and a few Angels fell from Heaven after the civil war in Heaven. They fell from grace and lost the light in there wings, there wings became black as night. Few came to Earth to hide among humans, the rest went to hell and became demons," Rembrandt said.

"What are you saying?" I asked annoyance obvious in my tone.

"I'm saying your no longer a demon, your now a Fallen Angel, possibly one who has a chance to rise to grace," he replied.

A chance to rise to grace and enter Heaven, I must admit the idea sounded tempting. Being able to work with Angels, real angels, who knew how crappy the world was. I wanted to become an Angel, but was that my Awakening that the voice told me about? I had no way to really know. It expected me to do what it wants, but I don't even have the slightest clue who, or what that voice was. That's when the nurse came in.

"Ms. Blackbird? your clear to leave, please let us know if there are any further developments in your condition," she said.

"Finally," I said sitting up on the bed, then standing.

We head for the door, Rembrandt opening the door for us.

"Ladies first," he said.

"What a gentleman," I remarked.

"Well," Rembrandt began.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 pm
Skyguy says...

"How could I have been so wrong!" Chase shouted in the woods. The Smiths had left. Layla glanced at him quizically." What is it Chase?" He smiled painfully." That angel who capturedyou, it wasnt Vassago. He cant take on human form. Or angelic. It was someone else. Grr. I can only pray he stays out of the war. His fathwr, Lucifer, the Fallen, must not take a side."
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 am
thelostone says...

Charlie

"I'm going to that party." I declared.

Gavyn sat politely next to me. "Let's not talk about the party right now." She sighed.

Gavyn plopped on my bed and I lied down next to her.

"Can I show you something?" I whispered.

She nodded.

"I found this in the mirror the other day." I tugged at my shirt to reveal the jagged scar that ran down from the bottom of my shoulder blade to the middle of my back. I found the gray mark when I was changing last night. "Do you remember me getting this?" I asked.

She ran a finger down the scar, tracing the twisted line. "Charlie, you've had this." She said, confused. "Don't you remember? We were with Mom and Dad, you were eight I think, nine maybe.."

I shook my head. None of the memories were coming back to me. "What happened?" I asked, sitting up.

"We were bowling, I think. With Mom and Dad." Her eyebrows scrunched together, trying to remember. "Uh, Geez, I don't know. I remember you threw a fit because they didn't have pink bowling shoes. Then I guess we bowled?"

"I didn't get this just from bowling, Gavyn." I said, pulling my shirt back.

"Charlie, I can't remember!" She raised her voice and I was a little taken aback. She almost never raises her voice at me. "I just remember the shoes. The rest of it is..."

"Gone." I seethed. I stormed out of my room, ignoring Gavyn's calls. "WARREN!" I screamed and sprinted down the stairs.

Warren was sitting in the living room watching some football game. "What do you want?" He sighed.

I marched up to him and stood in front of the TV. "Give me my memories back." I growled through gritted teeth. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gavyn walk in.

"What are you talking about?" He laughed. "Move, I'm missing a play."

"I'm talking about this." I snapped and showed him my scar. "I want them back, and I want them back now."

His face paled. "Charlie, you don't want them back. That's why I took them. It wasn't a good day, you shouldn't remember it."

"THEY'RE MY MEMORIES, WARREN!" I shrieked and Gavyn covered her ears. "Give. Them. Back."

"I was trying to protect you. She wasn't right in the head." He said quietly.

"WARR-"

Suddenly I wasn't at home anymore. I was in a bowling alley, the one back in Milford. I looked around. Gavyn and Warren weren't here. I opened my mouth to speak but when I did nothing came out. I heard the ringing of the door as a family walked in. It was my family. Mom's sandy brown hair, the same as Warren's, swung back and forth in her ponytail as she and Dad walked in. Warren held her hand and they approached the front desk. Gavyn and her bright red spirals bounced as she carried me on her back. She set me down and Dad handed me a pair of shoes. Just like Gavyn said, I immediately began to scream about wanting pink ones. Warren shot me a look telling me to shut up but I ignored him. I kept on screaming until Dad threatened to take us home.

I watched from afar as my family sat down at an alley and picked out balls.

"Look at this one, Mommy!" The younger me squealed and held up an electric pink ball.

She gave me a tired smile and took a big sip out of her water bottle. The little Warren grabbed it from her and drank some before spitting it out on the lane.

"Mom?!" He cried, wiping his mouth. "Seriously?"

Mom didn't respond, but she snatched the bottle back and drank some more.

Dad leaned over and muttered something in her ear. She ignored him and took one last swing before screwing the cap back on.

We took turns bowling, Dad and Gavyn helping me heave the ball down the lane. Warren was busy talking with Mom. From their body language, they were fighting.

"Warren, your turn." Gavyn smiled and handed him a ball.

The scene dissipated and changed to the parking lot. I had followed Mom out to the car where she retrieved a glass bottle that I recognized as vodka.

"Mommy?" I called.

She walked towards the back of the building and like a puppy, I followed her.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Charlie, go back inside." She slurred, turning to face me. The shadows off the back of the building showed her true features. Her sunken bloodshot eyes glared at me.

"But, Momma-"

"CHARLOTTE! GO INSIDE!" She screamed.

I saw the little me seize up in fear. Tears rimmed her eyes and now I'm starting to realize why Warren had taken this memory from me.

Younger me turned to leave and my heart began to pound as I watched helplessly from the sidelines. Mom threw the bottle from her hand and it crashed into little me's back.

I covered my mouth and the smaller version of me screamed out in pain, falling to the ground.

I could see from here the glass embedded into my back.

The tears streamed down little me's face and Mom just stood there and watched.

Warren ran out and found me curled up in a pool of my own blood.

Slowly the scene faded and I'm back in my living room, standing in front of the TV. I didn't realize that I had been crying until I felt a tear drip off my chin.

"Take it back, Warren." I sobbed. "Please." I closed my eyes and waited for the terrible memory to leave.

"It's gone." Warren said softly, although I can't remember which memory I asked him to take.

I went into my room and curled into a ball on my bed. Gavyn soon joined me and stroked my hair.

"What did you see, baby?" She asked.

"I don't remember." I choked. "But it was bad, Gav. I can feel it."

She wiped the tears from my cheeks and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Why don't you get ready for your party?" She suggested.

"You're going to let me go?" I tried to smile, digging my fists into my eyes like a child.

She nodded. "I'll talk to Warren about it later. I love you."

"Love you too." I hugged her.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 am
ThingRed says...

Sorry I've been gone so long, school's been a little hectic.
Gwen

I strode out of the Infirmary on the heels of Ankli, Hazel, and Kelly. Remmy followed, and we made our way to the commons. Wishing a goodbye to Remmy and Kelly, I dropped my voice and asked them to meet me outside the school after the last bell to talk. When the last bell did finally ring, I sprang out of my seat and rushed to grab my things and meet my sister and friend.

I found them waiting for me outside, chatting idly. They both looked up to greet me as I dropped my bag to the ground. "I've been considering cancelling the party tomorrow," I abruptly said.

Kelly looked over at me, merely nodding thoughtfully as though she'd already known that. "I'd been thinking the same thing. With everything going on, I don't know, it seems a little dangerous to be out in the forest at night. What do you think, Remmy?"
People were created to be loved
Things were created to be used
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Rembrandt Chopin

"It's a tradition to have a party before we get out for break." I mulled it over briefly in my head. "I mean with enough of my clones guarding the entrances to the grounds as well as the perimeters we should be fine." I looked at Gwen and Kelly, "I mean with the disappearances maybe it's a little risky," I made a shrugging gesture to show a lack of concern. " But, what's life without a few risk."

Gwen still looked concerned, "but we still don't know who or what is the cause of these disappearances." I truly didn't like to see her worried, "I'm not doubting your strength, or capabilities, but you told us yourself with each clone your strength dilutes. How many clones even with the mask before your relying on your skill alone against an enemy of potentially far superior strength."

"Hm...you're right." I couldn't deny Gwen had a point even with all my skill and ability my super human strength and speed were two things I relied most heavily upon. "Still cancelling the party is unheard of perhaps a change of location?"

Kelly spoke up now which surprised both her sister and I, "yes I'm sure we can find a good venue for teen mythics in town that they wouldn't charge double for insurance."

"She's right,"Gwen said. "Regardless of the place it can't be anywhere too small or too public. It explains why the former preside t of the club recommend it be held in the woods." Gwen became hard to read a look of deep thought and utter consternation seemed to cross her face.

I threw in my hat on it all hoping she would agree. "It's been a tradition for years I hate to say it but why ruin a good thing." I ran my hand through my hair and shrugged my left shoulder, "I say go for it Gwen."
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm
Skyguy says...

Sao Paulo Brazil,

Three words were all the grandmaster said concerning the mythics. Destroy them all.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 pm
ThingRed says...

Gwen

Frowning with consternation, I turn to Kelly. "So you think it's a good idea too, Kelly?"
My twin nods. "Why not, Gwen? If we cancel the party it will just worry everyone else. I mean, with Ankli's change, and the sub attacking Layla, people have enough to worry over, doncha think?"
I mull over the chances of everything either going chaotic in a matter of minutes or running smoothly like I originally planned. After giving it enough thought i decide on an answer,"Let's get started then, I mean a little party is like the perfect thing to get everyone's minds off of all the crap going on."
Remmy nods in approval. "Well then, I guess I'll see you ladies tomorrow. I'll make sure everyone knows the party's still on--where are we having it though?"
Kelly frowns thoughtfully. "I think I know a place."
People were created to be loved
Things were created to be used
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 am
ThingBlue says...

10:00 PM, December 2nd, at the party.

Kelly

Rocking back on my heels I admired the night sky, noting the difference between the amount of twinkling stars here and the amount normally seen in the wilderness this party was usually held in. With the town lights not too very far away now, the stars seemed washed-out and faded, like white spots on a blue shirt tossed one too many times in the laundry. Behind me there were the brightest lights off all: the house lights flipped on by the kids inside, and the tiny campfires spread out everywhere. The fireworks hadn't begun yet, and I hoped they weren't as grand (read: dangerous) as last year's, especially so close to town.

My breath smoked in the thin, cold air, and I snuggled my hoodie tighter around me. Then I took a deep breath, shifted my gaze from the sky and strode back towards the house. This party may last all night, but I didn't want to miss all that much for a simple trip outside--I could do that anytime. I catch sight of a group of friends waving me over towards the side of the house and I grin, hurrying to meet them and get this party started. Because maybe fireworks were dangerous, but that just made it more necessary to set some off yourself. What fun is just standing back and watching?

Reviews: 4
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 am
thelostone says...

Gavyn

I walked into my room after leaving Charlie's and changed into sweatpants. If I'm going to stay home I might as well be comfy. When I went back downstairs Warren was still watching sports center.

"Hey." I smiled and sat next to him, throwing my legs in his lap.

He didn't respond, but kept staring at the screen. I could tell he wasn't actually watching the channel. Something was bothering him.

"Warren," I snapped my fingers in his face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He took in a deep breath and kept his face towards the screen when he said, "Nothing. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"The memory I took from Charlie." He said softly. "I wish I could erase it from my mind too.."

"Let's not think about that, okay?" I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Do you want something to eat? I'm thinking about making something."

He shook his head. "Nah. It's almost ten-thirty at night."

"So?" I asked, hopping up. "Do you want something or not?"

"No thanks, Gav." He said and switched the channel to the news.

I went into the kitchen and threw a bag of popcorn in the mircowave. "Don't watch that." I ran back and snatched the remote from him. "All it does is make you worry."

"Speaking of worrying," He looked around. "Where's Charlie?"

"At the party." I said, walking back to check on my snack.

"You let her go?!" He cried, jumping off the couch.

"I figured after what she saw earlier, that she could go and get her mind off of things."

"Gavyn!" He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. "Come on. We're going to that party." He grabbed my arm and dragged me to his car.

"Are you serious?" I laughed, halfway out the door. "She'll be fine, Warren."

"You don't know that." He seethed, his mood suddenly turning sour. "Get in the car."

"Can I at least change first?" I whined and gestured to my paint splattered sweatpants and plain Mythic High t-shirt.

"No." Warren growled.

I sucked in my cheeks and fastened my seat belt.

We pulled up to the giant house where the party was held and Warren shot out of the car.

"I'll go look for Charlie outside and you look inside, okay?" He instructed and I nodded.

Warren took off towards the woods surrounding the property and I slowly made my way to the mansion.

Charlie

"Good Lord." I murmured, stumbling into the mansion. Music was pumping all through the house, and swarms of people were laughing and dancing.

"Charlie!" Jenna called and linked her arm through mine, pulling me deeper into the house. "I'm so glad you came!"

"Me too!" I squealed. "Wow, this is amazing."

"I know!" She smiled, handing me a cup. "So how'd you do it?"

"What do you mean?"

"How'd you do it? Did you bribe your brother or something?" She laughed.

I shook my head. "No, Gavyn let me go." I took a sip from my cup and then set it down. "Come on, let's dance!"

After a couple songs, I told Jenna I needed to take a break so I ventured outside. The cool air hit me like a ton of bricks, as I stepped out the door. The house was so hot the breeze felt nice.

I stood by the edge of the porch, leaning on a column.

"Hey." Said a voice.

I whipped around and a hooded figure was motioning me to come closer.

"Who are you?" I called, the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

"That doesn't matter." The voice said. I couldn't tell if it was a guy or a girl. "I heard you want to be a mythic?"

"Who's there?" I repeated.

"It's Charlie, right? Okay, listen Charlie. I'm only going to offer this once so you better take advantage of it. I can make you a mythic."

"That's impossible." I said slowly, creeping towards the masked voice. "You are born a mythic."

"Nothing's impossible, kiddo. I can make you a mythic and I don't cost much. All I want is to meet your brother." The voice said.

"Why?" I asked. I didn't want Warren to get hurt but the idea of being mythic.. to finally feel like I belong..

"Do you want to be mythic or not? I don't have all night."

To be mythic would be a dream come true. I could be like Gavyn, I could go to the meetings. I could be special..

"Okay." I agreed. "I'll go get him."

"Good girl. Meet me back here in ten minutes." The shadow disappeared, leaving me alone once again.

I pulled out my phone and called Warren.

"Charlie!" He panted into the phone. "Where are you?"

"Uh, outside by the front door." I breathed. "Warren, I want you to meet someone."

"No. I'm coming to get you and we're going home." He demanded.

With the press of a button, I hung up. I didn't want to argue right now. He'll find me and then I'll talk to him.

Five minutes later Warren showed up.

"Come." He ordered. "We're finding Gavyn and we're leaving."

"Can you please just meet my friend real quick?" I begged. "Pleaseeee?"

He didn't respond so I took it as a yes. I dragged him to the edge of the trees and soon the figure appeared.

"Charlie.." Warren murmured in my ear. "Who is that?"

"My-"

I was cut off by a rag being forced over my mouth. I kicked and screamed, trying to escape. Where was Warren? My mangled cries were muffled by the strange smelling cloth. Black spots began to take over my vision. What have I done? My lungs were screaming at me, begging for air. I became dizzy and I had no more fight left in me as my vision faded to black.

Gavyn

These people must be loaded. The house was gigantic. I walked in the front door and was immediately pulled into the crowd of people. I dropped my gaze to the floor and tried to search for Charlie's lime green Converse.

"Ouch!" A girl cried and pushed me away from her.

"Sorry," I mumbled and backed right into another person. "Oh my god." I gasped and looked up before instantly dropping my eyes. From the small glance I took, I recognized the guy as Remmy. I'd seen around school before but never actually talked to him. "I'm so sorry. I keep running into people. This isn't my type of thing, I didn't realize I would be coming here and so that's why I'm wearing sweats and-"

He cut my rambling off by holding his hand out. "Remmy." He laughed. "Nice to finally meet you."

"Uh, Gavyn." I squeaked nervously. With my thumb I began twirling my rings. I'm sure I look like a mess. This is just great.

"I won't hurt you," He chuckled. "You can look at me."

"I'm not worried about you hurting me." I mumbled. "I'm worried about hurting you."

"Okay, I promise I won't look." He said, I could tell from his voice that he was smiling.

I quickly glanced up. He was cute, I had to admit. He was covering his eyes. His smile was intriguing and poking out from under his hand was a scar.

I looked back down and blushed. "Okay, you're safe now." I laughed.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:52 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Rembrandt Chopin

"So do you always wear sweatpants to parties?" I was smiling at her even though she couldn't see.

I could see her blush and smile a little bit, "I wasn't really planning on being here." She looked as though I'd just caught her getting up to no good. "Charlie was invited but, well Warren told her she couldn't go and I kind of went over his head. He's been watching the news a lot and thought it wouldn't be safe."

"With me and my clones here there's no where safer in town right now."

"Clones?" she looked a bit confused, "Is that your mythic ability?"

"Well among others..." I got cut off suddenly by a weird feeling inside. It felt as though I had just gotten stabbed in the back, the world spun around me as I collapsed to the ground. I suddenly felt some of my strength flow back as though one of my clones had returned to me. Comprehension dawned upon me, I was filled with terror, someone had destroyed one of my clones.

Gavyn leaned next to me looking worried, "what's wrong what just happened to you?"

I slowly stood up and looked in to her eyes a feeling of horror began to chill me to the bone. Her eyes were beautiful though and that's what pulled me out of the fear, that one thought. "One of my clones has been killed." My voice shook ever so slightly still, "I need to find Gwen and Kelly we need to evacuate none of us here may be safe." I looked at her, " unfortunately it looks like your brother may have been right."
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am
ThingBlue says...

Kelly

"Kelly, have you seen Remmy anywhere?"

I jumped, slightly surprised by the random appearance of Gwen at my shoulder. "Don't do that," I hissed, irritated.

"Well, have you?" she demanded again, not deterred by my demeanor.

"It would be hard not to, with a carbon copy of him stationed every ten feet around here."

"No, seriously, do you know where is he?"

"I don't know," I answered, blowing the ash off of one of my punks and watching as another firework cracks open in the sky.

Gwen sighed. "I'm going to go find him, alright?"

I twirl my punk around my fingers, wondering for a moment why I'm so irritated at my sister. I can't think of anything--well, besides startling me--that would've made me mad. I try to shake off the feeling and offer, "Do you need help?" Personally, I'd rather stay around here with my friends, but how hard could finding a single person be? Maybe we could just follow the trail of clones around the mansion until we found the right one.

But Gwen shakes her head. "No, that's fine. It shouldn't be that hard to find him," she says, confirming my thoughts.

"Alright. But if you need help I'm probably still going to be here, or, y'know, inside the house."

Gwen nods and turns to leave. "And be careful," I call out after her. "You never know when the boogey-man's looking for lunch." I can practically see her eye roll, even with her back to me as she weaves her way back into the crowd, which has overflowed onto the front lawn.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm
barefootrunner says...

Twi Sprig || Templar Stronghold, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Twi stirred, then raised herself slowly. The sound of the guards' card game and raucous laughter was filtering into her cell. Twi felt her way around the walls, hoping for a bowl of water, but there was none.

"They're getting another one tonight, they said," one knight commented. "In fact, they said they were hoping for a whole bunch of new donors, too."
"Donors, they said? Ain't that dangerous?"
"Yeah, they're hoping it won't get all complicated with that lot. Couple of strong ones around, I've heard."
"More bloody mutants to guard—as though this one isn't bad enough."
There was a flick of cards.
"Hah! All mine."
"My turn. When're they coming?"
"The squad's out tonight, we're expecting them 'bout tomorrow morning."
Twi closed her eyes for a second. More victims.
"Ey, weren't we supposed to give the mutant water? Don't want it to die."
"Doesn't really matter anymore, with the new ones coming in. We'll leave it to the morning shift. What with Thorne killed and all..."
"Yes, better not risk it."

Twi slunk back to the corner of her cell, ruffling her fur for warmth. Sleep was a coy creature—it evaded her when she needed it, yet stalked her when she didn't.
More mutants. How many more were to die for these madmen? When would it end? When would it...
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:15 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry, guys! I know this is my first post and I'm glad I'm back. Had tough problems. Thanks Dante for covering me up. :)

Hazel Reed

I was worried for Ankli than for myself. You never knew when she could change, what could happen to her. I just knew that I had to hold onto her, to be there for her. Seriously, I was much more worried after crashing into that window. I'd told Ankli that we better not really go search for Griffins, what could I do? She always wanted the best of me. I did too. That's why I never told any one of that deep cut I got because of the glass that pierced through my skin.

Ankli and me were back in the library. I had forced her to come with me and that weren't going to be looking for Griffins again. Who knows? They might be after us now. Obviously, Ankli was upset but she helped look through some books. We got a lot of interesting facts though not enough to finish the assignment. We were there for hours and we haven't even got half the things done.

I sit back on my chair, breathing out and in. I look at Ankli. She just finishes reading the book and keeps back it in the pile. She gives me a stare and shakes her head.

"You know, instead of wasting our goddamn time here, we should go after the Griffins." Ankli shoots. I grin.

"No, we're not. Next thing, we'll be dead." I reply.

I get up and suddenly fall. Damn it. The scar is hurting much more than ever. And its not even doing a good job of not showing it to Ankli because the next thing I knew, her eyes are on that deep scar on my ankle.

"Didn't you get that checked?!" she asks. I hide it.

"Its no big deal." I mumble.

"Are you crazy? If you were mythic, I would have believed that. This is serious."

"Can we just continue searching?"

"No! You're limping! Get that done right now, Hazel."

"But-"

"Now." she claimed.

Great. Just what I needed. I make my way to nurse's room and sit on the bed. The nurse examines the scar carefully and brings in an anti-septic. Next thing I new, the scar is burning and it just hurts so much, I want to punch her. She wraps a bandage around it.

"You're good to leave now." she spoke in a nice voice.

"Thank you."

Ankli is waiting for me outside the room. She puts a hand over my shoulders. We stand outside, feeling the breeze hit us. I close my eyes. I wish I was mythic. But at least I had a great mythic friend to be with. Being human wasn't much fun.

Suddenly, Ankli grabs me by my arm and flies, high up in the sky. I shriek. I try my best not to scream.

"What're you doing?" I ask her.

"You were never going to allow me to investigate on Griffins. I figured this was the best way." she chuckles.

"What?! Put me down now, Ankli."

"Not until we finish this."

"Well, you're passionate." I joke.

We fly across all the little huts. I can see the forest closing up on us. The forest. The scariest places to be, really. It feels good to be up in the sky. I mean, look at this! Its a beautiful view. We're over the forest and I can see Ankli slowly landing up on the ground. Yay, we don't crash. She lets go of my hand.

"Come on. They should be here." Ankli spoke as we walked.

We kept walking but we never came across them. It was getting dark too. I knew this wasn't a good idea. Forests were the worst places to be after sunlight. There were birds flying all over us, making creepy noises like how you see in movies. I look at my shadow and stop. Then, I look at Ankli's. The shadows were huge and looked mean and rough. This is not happening. I turn and freeze.

"Uh, Ankli?" I call out.

"We're almost there, Hazel. Just a little more." Ankli says, turning. She stops dead too.

Griffins.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 pm
KingLucifer says...

Ankli Blackbird - "Time for a new coat!"

The only reason I ran from the griffins the first time was Hazel. She was human, very soft, very weak. Even the male humans wore weak, but Demons on the other hand? Ohhh, things get fun with us. But once again, I had to find a safe place for Hazel, then it was time to cut me some griffin hide! I turn around quickly and tackle Hazel, forcing myself higher into the air as the two griffins came after us.

"What are you doing?!" she asked.

"Finding somewhere safe to deposit you so I can fight!" I said.

I dodged and weaved the branches of trees as I flew up into the sky until finally I was clear of the trees. I adjusted my handling on Hazel so it was more comfortable for her, I became hyper aware of her body for some reason. Her flat stomach, her flowing hair that became a tangle in the wind, her great chest. I didn't know why I was suddenly becoming aware of physical features. I wrap my arms around her stomach as I enjoyed feeling her, her head against my chest, her arms wrapped around mine to hold on.

I caught site of the the town close by, back to town it was, the griffins were fast on my tail as I flew towards it. That's when I remembered Rambrandt saying something about a party going on tonight, perfect.

"I'm going to drop you off at the party in town, get to Rambrandt and tell him I'm taking care of your damn project," I said.

She didn't have the chance to protest, the mansion the party was being held at was in site. I flew low to the ground just high enough to past over most veciles, until the front lawn. I could hear the griffins still behind me, they don't give up do they? I let go of Hazel the second I flew over the front lawn, and made an sharp up turn and asended into the sky. The griffins completely ignoring Hazel. The night was perfect, the moon was full, and it was a great time to fight. My blade began to materilize in my hand, the black leather gripping, the hand iron hand guard and the black steel blade itself. This blade, I deemed Nightseaver.

"Time to make me a new coat!" I said.

I made a U-turn in the air and went right at the griffins, I readied my blade as I prepared to clip one of there wings. Then, I swung and hit my mark, slicing off the right griffins wings. The oversized bird squaked and went down, crashing landing somewhere onto the ground. I'd have to finish it off later, the second one was still in flight and close on my tail. It kept close, giving me no chance to do my U-turn slice again. I felt it claw my right heel, sending pain straight up my legs, to my spine, and then to my head.

"That freaking hurts!" I howled.

I was desending now, unable to concentrate on my flight. My nerves shrieking from the pain I was feeling now, I crash land on the side walk as the bird managed to catch the rest of my leg. I try to crawl away, but now it was to late, now I know how the first griffin feels, then with the giant bird rearing it's claws about to strike me down. Then suddenly, the three hundred pounds crushing my chest was suddenly gone, the second griffin was suddenly pushed off by the first, it didn't push it. It was thrown off by the first, when I saw looked for the thrower there he was. Rambrandt Chopin.

He walks over to me offering his hand, I don't hesitate to take it. "You alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, did you see Hazel?" I asked.

He frowned, "no, I haven't seen her," he said.

Instantly I knew, something happened to Hazel, all my being told me this was true.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 pm
Skyguy says...

Fools, chase thought, as he ran towards his mansion. Stupid mortals, frolicking whem here is stuff to be quiet about. He transformed. Riley was struggling up ye hill behind him, wearing his chainmail shirt and helmet. He carried a long sword at his side. Chase lowered himself. Then he climbed onto Sunchasers back. Chase broke out in a mad gallop up the hill. Then they came. The templars, dressed in black robes. Running full speed for the mansion, where mythic children partied, not knowing the battle that was about to break out among them...

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon