z

Young Writers Society

High School Mythical: Started/Accepting

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:35 am
thelostone says...

Gavyn

We're finally released for lunch and I catch up with Charlie again.

"Gavyn, you'll never believe what happened just now!" She gushed as we got in the pizza line.

"What?" I asked, grabbing a slice of cheese pizza and sliding it onto my plate.

"I got invited to a party!" She squealed. "Well actually, you and Warren were invited too. It's on the second and we're totally going! Gav, it's going to be so much fun!"

"Charlie, you know I can't go." I hissed. "I don't want to hurt anyone else."

"You won't!" She protested as we walked to our table. "I know you'll be fine."

I sighed and remained silent. It was useless to argue with Charlie. I kept my eyes down as we sat down at our empty table.

"Hey." Warren smiled and slid into the seat next to me and across from Charlie. "How have your days been so far?"

"Terrible." I say the same time Charlie says, "Great!"

Warren eyed me. "Did someone say something to you?"

I shook my head. "My eyes."

"Look at me, Gavyn." He ordered.

I brought my eyes to his and the small hairs on his arms stood up.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and looked back down at my pizza.

"Okay, are you two done being negative?" Charlie asked, waving her bread stick around. "We got invited to a party! Isn't that exciting!"

"Charlie, we aren't going to a party. Especially not with the disappearances happening." Warren said sternly.

"I don't understand." Charlie said. "Why aren't you guys hyped? We'll have fun!"

"Charlie. I said we aren't going." Warren said, colder than last time.

"Okay fine." She sighed. "You and Gavyn can stay home, but I'm going."

"No you're not." Warren growled.

"Believe it or not, you aren't Dad." Charlie spat. "You definitely can't tell me what I can and can't do. I'm going to this party and no one's going to stop me."

I nervously twisted the rings around my fingers. Warren and Charlie always fight, but something about this one was different. It was more intense than their usual petty arguments.

"Guys, please stop." I looked up and begged. "We can discuss this later."

They fell silent but their faces were still hard and cold. Someone sat next to Charlie and I dropped my gaze again. I'm not going to hurt anyone else.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:57 am
TaylorLove says...

Layla

I waited for him where he told me to and he came back out, spreading his arms. "Now I look nothing like a teenage unicorn." he say, smirking.

"Define teenage?" I laugh.

He smiles again and takes a hold of my arm. We walk through the lunch line and I get some juice, a peach and a sandwich. We sit down at a table and begin to eat. "Teenagers are very unusual." I say.

"Very interesting." He says.

In the back of my mind, I think about the dark angel and how it was going to make me a fallen one. The thought sent chills down my spine. Chase told me that he would be in all my classes so I felt safe knowing that.

I try to push all of my negative thoughts out of my head, but it was still dwelling in the back of my mind. I think to the time when everything was perfect in heaven, but the there was only one thing missing. Chase.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:00 am
Skyguy says...

"You know, I could really go for some alfalfa right now." Chase said longingly. Layla shot him a look. Just the, Riley sat down. "What do you want to say?" Chase sighed and put his milk down." Riley, this school is not as safe as..." Riley spoke." I knew we shouldnt have come!" He stepped away to leave." Hear me out Riley!" Chase said. Riley sat back down obediantly." Riley, you are a master of the hidden blades. You could help protect the school. I do my own part." Riley nodded." Fine. But only for my sister." He sighed." Theres a party on the 2nd. At the old house. " Chase froze. "The second? No, they camt do that. I know theyve done it in days past, but... with the war in heaven, and on the 2nd. They will need protection. "
Riley took a bite. "Why not?" Chase took a deep breath." Thats the day a human trapped a unicorn and mercilessly murdered him. That unicorn was the king, and my father. It is a day of grief, and unicorns are... at their weakest. Almost. The day monsters roam freely. And with tje war, no one can help." Layla took a deep breath. "But, that means youll be at your weakest. Chase, you cant do that." Chase smirked. "Ive got some tricks up my sleeve, so I can do it." He nodded at Riley who saluted, then walked away. But Layla watched Chase with a worried eye. At his weakest.... when monsters roamed freely...
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:48 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Rembrandt Chopin

Everywhere I went I heard about a Mythic party on the second. I instantly loathed the idea, not because I hated parties, but because I knew I would be posted on guard duty. Gwen would be have been planning it, maybe if I avoided her until the party she'd find someone else. I went in to the lunch room walking slowly through the line and watching for Gwen. Normally we would sit together at lunch, but with my current goal that was not my intent today. She was no where to be seen so I found an empty table and sat down to eat. Inevitably as I began to relax I heard my nickname yelled behind, only a select few people used it."Remmy!"

I turned to se Gwen coming my way, I smiled involuntarily. She couldn't control emotions to my knowledge but I tended to relax and be happy in her presence. "Hey Gwen how has your day been?" I knew for a fact that she was a telepath though and my feelings and thoughts were my own, I immediately put up my mental defenses.

"Pretty good, where were you this morning by the way you missed the meeting." She looked disappointed with me and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

"I was on my way to school when I was attacked. I went to put on my mask and get away but as soon as I went to enter the shadows they pulled me back out." She seemed a little unconvinced so I let down some of my shield to show her the fight. " I'm not sure what they were but if I hadn't had the mask on and Glausterich with me I may not be here."

She looked worried and concerned, "more things like this seem to be happening and with the disappearences. Maybe I should cancel the party on the second." She looked up at me, " Unless we could get someone big and strong to man the party and watch everyone."
It was unlike her to be coy especially towards me I knew she was trying to tempt.

I ran my fingers through my short hair, "well I mean I am free the date of the party." I let out a long sigh, "if you need me to play watchdog I guess I can do it." I didn't know what made me say it, I dreaded the prospect. I really needed to learn how to say no to Gwen.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm
ThingRed says...

Gwen

"Aw, I knew you'd stake out for me, Remmy." She gives him a tight squeeze around his neck and takes a seat next to him. "And if you're patient, I could get someone to take over for you during the party," she teases playfully. Sliding the dark pair of glasses off her nose, she folds them next to her and turns away from Remmy to look for her sister, who she knew would be irritated after being unable to find the glasses this morning.
After a bit of searching, she finally spotted the familiar dark hair and flashy green Nike shoes, which were striding their way towards the table. Kelly beamed as she sat down across from Remmy and Gwen. "Hiya, Remmy," she greeted cheerfully before turning a baleful glare at her sister.
"Now what's that face for?" Gwen complained, hiding a grin.
People were created to be loved
Things were created to be used
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:43 pm
ThingBlue says...

Kelly

"That face," Kelly stressed, "is because you stole my glasses this morning!"

"It's not like you actually need them," Gwen protested. "I did."

"Oh really? For what, exactly?"

"Just a few things I had to take care of before our club meeting." With a dismissive wave, Gwen handed her sister the glasses. Remmy glanced between the two of them.

"Some twin trick, I guess?" he suggested.

"In all likelihood," Kelly agreed.

Gwen affronted a hurt look. "Moi? Never!" Kelly arched an eyebrow. "Well, maybe."

"What did you do?" Kelly moaned, massaging her temples.

"I just had to talk to a few of your teachers, is all," Gwen explained breezily.

"About what?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes!"

"Then I guess you'll spend the rest of your life agonizing over it. Now shut up and eat, or give me your pizza."

Knowing she'd get nowhere further, Kelly sighed and coolly bit into her pizza, pointedly ignoring Gwen. "So, are you going to the party, Remmy?"

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 pm
Skyguy says...

Templar Stronghold, Sao Paulo, Brazil
"Grandmaster Vagray, they have located the Giver, and my- the traitor." Captain Smith said. Leonardo Vagray raised an eyebrow." Lord Smith, your son ceased to exist the day he killed 2 Templar soldiers, and escaped with the Giver. He is no more." He sighed and sat in his chair. "So, where are they?" Captain Smith took a breath." My lord, its a school for mythics. The unicorn, Lord Sunchaser, the school is under his protection." Lord Vagray made a face." The unicorn will step aside. We have good relations with them anyways. He will not harm anyone sent to retake the siblings."
Captain Smith nodded." But the traitor, he is a master of the hidden blades. Surely he will put up a fight." He had a note of pride in his voice. Lord Vagray smiled." Thats why youll be leading the attack squad. Wait for Christmas break. He wont be with his friends or allies. Take out the traitor, bring the Giver to me." Noting the look of shock on Smiths face, he added." Captain, a Giver is nborn only every several centuries. We might beable to use her to our benefit." The captain nodded stiffly and left.
Grandmaster Vagray smiled." With the Giver at his side, he would rule the world, and not even the court at Heavensgate could stop him.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm
KingLucifer says...

Ankli Blackbird - "Bad Day!"

I held onto Hazel as I flew though the air, the one time we pick to go have some fun and we tick off a bunch a griffins. How do we get ourselves in these messes anyways? it started simple enough, it was the normal school day and me and Hazel were bored out of our minds. Hazel had a wildlife project she needed help on and I decided to lend her a hand by taking her to see some of the local wildlife. Unfortunately, I ended up breaking a few dozen eggs by having the nest fall out from under us. So now, mommy and daddy griffin are on our tails.

"They still on us?!" I yelled over the fierce blowing wind.

"I rather not find out, they kind of looked hungry!" Hazel yelled back.

"Bad day, baaad day," I mumbled to myself.

I was a fast flyer, even with Hazel I could get to town and back five minutes tops. But these griffins, they are as fast if not faster than me. I couldn't shake them, I needed to get Hazel and myself out of this, I stop and shot straight up into the air the two griffins following right behind me.

"Hey... be careful I can't handle the air pressure unlike you!" Hazel was breathing heavy,

I soon did the equivalent to a back flip in the air, and soon was plummeting towards the ground, the griffins soon following behind. My moves requires some serious aerial precision to pull off, I adjusted my hold on Hazel my arms wrapping tight around her stomach the back of her head against my chest. I made a sharp right turn towards the school, the third story window straight ahead of me, I folded my wings around me to protect me and Hazel from the impact.

Finally, Crash!

We smashed straight though the window, into the school, my wings taking the full blunt of the impact. I slam against the ground rolling until finally, I was laying on my back, half conscious from the pain in my wings. I open my wings and let Hazel free, and soon find myself drifting off... The next thing I knew, I could hear my name someone was calling me. I was in a place, not at Mythical High, but not dream like either. I was somewhere, but no where.

"Ankli, my daughter, it's almost time for your awakening," a powerful booming voice said.

It was coming from all around, it wasn't coming from just one direction. "Awakening?" I asked.

"Yes, it is the time when you give up your human half, your emotions, and embrace that which has sired you," now the voice sounded like a woman.

"What has sired me?" I asked.

"I have sired you," now there were two, male and female voices.

"Ankli, wake up!" I heard, the third voice was distant I could barely make it out.

"I expect you to do what I want, my daughter," the same male and female voice said.

"Ankli, wake up!" this time, the voice was so close it was yelling at me, then I was engulfed by a bright light.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Reviews: 4
Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 am
thelostone says...

Gavyn

Towards the end of lunch, Warren stormed away leaving me and Charlie alone at the table.

"Come on, Gav." She sighed, irritated. "Let's go get fruit snacks."

We got up and headed towards the vending machines in the back of the cafeteria.

"Do you think we can convince Warren to let us go to the party later?" Charlie asked. She slid a dollar into the machine and it lit up.

"I can't go, Charlie. You know this, but maybe you can convince him." I smiled, pulling the fruit snacks out of the flap. I know for a fact that there's no way Warren will let Charlie go to that party. Which is fine with me, I'd rather stay home where I can't hurt anyone.

She nodded, but seemed focused on something else.

We started to walk back towards our table but Warren ran into us, all the tension from earlier was now replaced with urgency.

"We need to go home. Now. Something's not right." He panted, dragging us towards the door.

"Let go of me!" Charlie ripped her arm out of his grasp.

"What's wrong?" I hissed.

"Someone or something crashed through the window on the third floor, and now I'm hearing stories about teachers going after certain students. Something's not right and we aren't going to stay here and wait for it to blow up in our faces." He whispered and pulled us into a corner.

"Okay, we all know that these 'certain students' that teachers are allegedly going after are mythics." Charlie snapped. "I'm not one so I don't see why I have to go home."

"Like it or not, we're all in this together." Warren seethed, bending down to look her in the eyes. "Something is on the third floor and it crashed through the window. Until I start to feel better, we're going to stay home."

"What about Dad?" Charlie's voice grew higher. "What about my friends, my teachers? What are they going to think about us staying home? How long will we be home for? What about our party later?"

"Number one, Dad won't care. He's always working anyways. And about your stupid little friends-"

"They aren't stupid!" Charlie cut him off.

Warren ignored her and kept going. "They won't remember you leaving. I'll take care of it. Number two, we will probably be home for only the rest of today and tonight. I just have a bad feeling right now and I don't want anything to happen to any of us."

"Warren!" She whined.

"Come on." He grabbed her arm and lead us to his car.

"What about the party?" Charlie leaned forward in her seat. "It's my first high school party!"

"I told you before and I'll tell you again, we aren't going. You aren't going." Warren said, throwing the car into gear and driving out of the lot.

Charlie slumped back into her seat and pouted. "Gavyn, please tell him he's overreacting and we'll be fine if we go to the party."

I remained silent in the passenger seat. Twisting my rings weren't enough so I took one of my auburn curls and spun it around my fingers.

"Gavyn!" Her voice cracked.

"Charlie, grow up!" Warren yelled, pulling into our driveway. "The world doesn't revolve around you. The sooner you realize that, the better."

Her eyes searched mine for a moment, a signal for help, but when I looked away she slammed the car door and ran inside to her room.

"Warren, you didn't have to yell at her like that." I said softly, unbuckling my seat belt.

"She's not going to that party. She can throw as many fits as she wants. She's not going." He said, his face still hard.

I sighed and walked inside. I am always caught in between Warren and Charlie's fights.

"I'm going to go talk to her." I mumbled and walked towards her room. I knocked lightly then let myself in.

Her room was baby blue, with glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. I found her curled up on her bean bag.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Warren's a dick." She murmured.

"He's just worried." I sat down next to her and ran my fingers through her hair.

"I'm going to that party." Charlie looked up. "Just wait, he'll see."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 am
Skyguy says...

" Chase, the girl, Gavyn, somethings not right with her." Jenna said. The Smiths, Layla, and Chase were in a unocupied room together. "What I want to know, is what crashed in the window." Riley said. Chase sighed. "Half human, half demon. I can smell it. We might need to pay Gavyn and her siblings a visit. This Gavyn, I sense a strong power in her. A really powerful ability. She needs training." Jenna smirked. "Have you seen the way she walks, all head down." Riley hit his desk, making Layla jump. "Jenna, never mock others. We want to help her." Jenna nodded, ashamed.
Chase stood. "The school will close soon. The magical barriers wouldve kept the demon mutt out. I must speak with someone. Someone mustve sabatoged the barriers. Layla, come with us. Jenna, I know you are a Giver, and the most powerful I have ever met, but dont exhibit it. It is a gift, to be used to help. Not to flaunt." Jenna nodded. Chase sighed." I might need to talk to Gryffn.. Another unicorn. He is also the only unicorn to pass into hell and come out unscathed." He glanced at each of the people. Layla smiled warmly as his gaze met hers. "Mortals know him as Gilgamesh, the hero king of Sumeria. He is also my elder brother."

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 am
mortimermcmirestinks says...

I'd like to join? If there's space?
Normal is boring. My deviantART acount isn't!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 pm
AdventurerDaniel says...

Rembrandt Chopin

"Your sister didn't give me much of a choice really." I sighed balancing my chin on my hand, trying to portray how miserable I was. "She has me on guard duty" as soon as the words left my mouth I could hear it, glass shattering. I looked around the lunch room to see if someone had perhaps dropped something. No dice, I immediately summoned my clones. Three extra me's appeared out of thin air one emblazoned with a two, the other with a three, and the last with a four; I knew my cheek now bared a number like theirs, the number one. "I just heard glass shattering," I explained to the girls in case they hadn't heard as well. I turned to my clones, "You know the drill it's a recon or containment mission. If it's a friendly contact me immediately. If it's a threat send a signal and I'll be there immediately now go." I dawned my mask and they placed theirs on as well.

Gwen looked at me, "It's going to be Ankli you already know. It's probably her and Hazel doing something dumb again."

"You know what I hate?" I said sitting back down and turning to look at Gwen and Kelly. "It's the fact that you're probably right. The only reason I sent the clones to check is there has been more energy dispersed on campus today then there has been in a long time." I tried to look serious to truly convey my next point, "and a surprising amount has been holy energy. I'm not talking about prayers to pass some test either. It's two new power sources extremely powerful, and calling attention to themselves." I looked down at the table. "Even though I doubt they even realize it."

Both of the girls looked contemplative suddenly Remclone-two popped up from the shadows underneath the table, "We found the source of the shattered glass sound. Ankli shattered a window by flying through it she's a bit worse for wear as well is Hazel."

I looked away from Remclone-two and back to the girls, "toldja Hazel would be involved somehow." Remclone-two coughed loudly to get our attention back.

"As I was saying Remclone-three and four are getting them patched up and cleaning up the glass. I was just preparing to go tell a member of the custodial staff that the window will need repairing but the glass will be repaired."

"Okay well I guess we'll go meet up with Remclone-three and four and check on Ankli." I turned to the girls, "Well let's go."

We walked in silence before Kelly spoke up with a question. "So your clones are aware that they're clones of you?"

"Well of course we're all identical and respond in the same manor to things. Plus I bring them in to existence." I looked at her confused, "why do you ask?"

Gwen chimed in, "I think I know, she wants to know how it doesn't create an existential crisis for them. I mean the whole one second they're there the next it's like they never existed"

"I must admit you're the first to ask me that." I scratched my head, "but I mean the answer is obvious. It's because it's not like they were never there." I stopped walking for a few seconds to think of how to word the next part. "Okay...think of it like this: whenever they're not there they just return to being me. You seen when I clone myself I divide up my power." I held up a finger for me and each of the clones. "When I clone myself in to fourths each one of us, including my self is a fourth as strong. With bigger numbers each one is progressively weaker."

"Okay," Gwen nodded, But wouldn't that still mean they're each a completely new individual being." Kelly chime in at the end of what her sister said with a yeah in agreement.

"Well no they're not, they're simply conscious extensions of me. They're memories personalities and reactions are mirrors of mine." I laughed, "telling me apart from one of my clones is like trying to yell you two apart with glasses. You just have to wait for the name slip up." We finally arrived where clones three and four were with Ankli and Hazel, "So how you girls holding up?
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am
Skyguy says...

"Not fot a hundred years has been this school home to so many powerful, creatures." Chase murmurred, meditating. Layla and Riley glanced at him. "Ive guarded this school since 1798, when it was first built. There are people here, powerful, people." Riley chuckled. "The mythics leader friends, the one who can clone himself, he thinks you dont know the power you two unleashed." Chase shook his head." Hes partly misguided. My powers are always here, but he read the dark angels power. Vassago is the prince of hell. If he can get into the school, then the powers of the borders are gone. He who can find that which is lost and hid the one who can see the past, and hat is which to come. He has command over 26 legions of demons. I must speak to rhe mythic leader."

Reviews: 2
Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:39 am
ThingBlue says...

Kelly

Stopping beside Remmy and Gwen, I take in the scene as best I can. Hazel and Ankli aren't looking in tip-top condition, but that was to be expected after (as best as I could tell) crashing through a window. Still, I ask the ever-present and ever-ridiculous question of, "Are you guys okay?" Even though it's clear they're not. Teachers and students alike are crowding into the room, bringing the noise level up and up until we almost have to shout to be heard.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:34 pm
barefootrunner says...

Twi Sprig || Templar Stronghold, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The cell was bare and frigid, and Twi's shallow breaths rose in small puffs of vapor before her. Her bruised limbs ached in the cold. She tried to shift deeper into the back corner of the prison and pricked her ears—she could distinguish booted footsteps on the stairs leading to the dungeons. At once the fur on the back of her neck bristled and an icy stab of fear shivered down her spine.

"It's not easy, getting hold of it," she heard one say. "Faster than it looks—and watch your fingers, too. It's bloody savage!"
The second man laughed. "It must be weakened by now, though. No food or water for two days..."
"I wouldn't be so sure." This was a new voice. "And they didn't tie it up last time, I think. Fools."
"What do they want it for this time?"
"More blood, they said."
"I thought it wasn't working."
"Yes, but with the drug..."

Twi swallowed painfully and got onto all fours. The injuries of the previous days stretched and several cuts cracked open along her side.
A key rattled in the lock of her cell and the door swung open, then clanged shut again. Bright light dazzled her eyes, but squinting, she managed to make out the figures of three large Templars, all carrying hefty sticks or staves.
"Please, no more," she whispered as they approached, backing into the wall.
The first knight reached her and pinned her to the wall with his stave.
"See? Not that hard!" he grinned.
"Watch it!"
But it was too late. With a vicious snarl, Twi threw the man across the cell. He crashed bodily into the wall and lay very still.
"Didn't I tell him... Why didn't they tie it up last time?"
Twi flashed across the cell and crouched in the opposite corner, baring her teeth. She knew this game had a limited timespan, but was determined that it would last as long as possible.
The men edged slowly nearer, then, as Twi sprang from the corner, one caught her an agonizing blow across the head with his heavy stick. She faltered and a second blow seared across her ribs. She fell and immediately the men grabbed her and twisted her arms behind her back, dragging her out of the cell and up the stairs before she was able to regain her strength.

The room above smelled of disinfectant, metal, and fear. A tall, thin man and a young boy stood against the opposite wall. Twi was pressed into a chair and tied down with numerous strong cords.
"Ah, I see we have arrived," the tall man said, stepping forward. "What kept you?"
"My lord, the mythic resisted. She killed Thorne, too," one of the men said.
"See that the body is disposed of," the man said coldly. "You are dismissed."
The man took a syringe and slid the needle slowly into Twi's arm. She hissed, but there was no fight left in her.
The dark, rich blood welled into the syringe until it was full. The man set it aside and filled a second, then a third. Five times he drew blood, and all the while, Twi could feel her remaining consciousness slipping away.
"Come, Gareth. This blood, combined with our newest drug, will afford you those powers you long for. Are you prepared?"
Twi tried to raise her head, try to yell at the boy, anything, to make him stop.
"Yes, my lord."
Five syringes, one more full of a clear liquid, were pumped into his veins.
"How do you feel?"
"I feel a little..." The boy trailed off; then, Twi heard his body hit the floor. There was no further sound.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain