Young Writers Society

High School Mythical: Started/Accepting

Reviews: 1
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 pm
View Likes
ThingRed says...

Story/Plot
Spoiler! :
If surviving high school and all its drama weren't enough, toss in the disappearance of hundreds of people all across the world, a mystery sure to draw in a group of mythic and human students. So far the disappearances have been spaced out all across the States, the U.K., Canada, and Australia, for the most part. But more and more people are vanishing, whether killed or kidnapped, the authorities have yet to decide. And when someone from Mythic High's own Emerald County disappears, the students in the school take it upon themselves to attempt and solve this mystery. And what better thing to do over Christmas break then take a vacation all over the world hunting down potential madmen?

So, the base of this storybook is following the life of your character(s) through high school, with all their troubles, relationships, adventures and joys. It can deal with real-world problems, like trouble in the family or break-ups, and it deals with more fictional problems, like the kidnappings and the race of mythics. Mythics are humans born with a genetic mutation, giving them strange features or powers.
Mythic High is a popular school for both mythics and humans in Emerald County.
You can choose to be a human or mythic, a student or someone in the school's administration system. Or, if you feel like being creative, be whatever you want (as long as it fits into the SB universe and doesn't throw the story completely off track.)

Rules
Spoiler! :
Normal SB rules apply.
No godmodding or being a Mary/Gary Sue, because c'mon, that's annoying.
Keep cursing to a minimum; we're rated 12+.
Some violence is allowed, but try to stay away from gory descriptions.
Romance and references to sex are allowed, but no graphic descriptions whatsoever.
Try to post more than just two sentences in your responses.

Now create a character with the profile below, and have fun!
Spoiler! :
Character Profile
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age/Grade:[/b]
[b]Description :[/b](picture or description)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Species :[/b](mythic or human)
[b]Mutation, if mythic:[/b]
[b]Important Relationships:[/b]
[b]Anything else:[/b]

Sincerely,
~Red and Blue~

Link to the DT
Last edited by ThingRed on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
People were created to be loved
Things were created to be used
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 pm
Gardevite says...

Ohhhh cool :) disappearance mystery with some fantasy thrown in there for good measure. LOVE IT! I'd defiantly love to be a part of it (I'm assuming it's open to everybody.)

I will put in a character ASAP, but I'm busy all tomorrow (and it's night time over here) so maybe I'll have one in the sidebar in a few days.

Ohh and you should probably put (not started/accepting) in the title, to let people know they can join :)
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:02 am
ThingRed says...

That's great, we'd love to have you join! And we'll be sure to edit the title right away, thank you for the tip. :smt003
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and who can sing it back when you have forgotten the words.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:14 am
ThingRed says...

Name: Gwenivere Manalin (Gwen)

Age/Grade: 16/Junior

Description (picture or description): She has chocolate hair that curls up at the bottom of her shoulders, but tends to be kept in a ponytail, paired with sky blue eyes and fair skin.

Personality: She's a head-strong, willful, determined, take charge kind of girl who doesn't let many people get close to her so she'll seem cold and angry at first, but when she does let you close she can be very sweet and caring and ultimately protective of you and stay by your side through it all. She's also very organized and neat, and the president of the Mythics' Only club.

History: Was the second-born of a happy couple in Colorado, where she lived for five years with her older brother and younger sister. Their family then moved to Illinois, where their mother worked as a scientist for a mythic company, and their father was a mechanic. After eleven more years of peace, their mother suddenly died in a lab accident and their father disappeared three days after, grief-stricken. Their brother, just turned nineteen, rented an apartment and took care of his young siblings. Eventually he sent them to Mythic High to be cared for by the secretary, an old family friend. He got a new job which took him out of America and to the UK; Gwen and her sister Kelly have lived in Emerald County for four years.

Species (mythic or human): Mythic

Mutation, if mythic: Telekinetic and telepathic

Important Relationships: Her sister, Kelly, and her brother, Mark.

Anything else: Wears her mother's old wedding ring on her right hand.
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 am
ThingBlue says...

Name: Kellison Manalin (Kelly)

Description (picture or description): She has wavy, dark hair down her back and bright blue eyes she likes to frame behind any type of glasses outside of class.

Personality: She's bright and outgoing, and loves making new friends and socializing with practically anyone. She doesn't like positions of authority like her sister, Gwen, but prefers to blend with the average student body. She can talk up a storm if you let her, but still loves to read and learn when time allows. Rather then confront her enemies, she cajoles them into giving up their grudges and moving on, or just ignores them.

History: Was the third child of a family in Colorado, with her older brother and sister. When they moved to Illinois, she was quick to make friends at their new school, and hated leaving when their mother died and their father vanished. She was torn when her brother, Mark, gave her and her sister to Mythic High's secretary, Willow, and moved out of America. Now, however, she has made friends and loves the school and is content with her new life.

Species (mythic or human): Mythic

Mutation, if mythic: Can sense strong emotions and change physical colors.

Important Relationships: Her older sister, Gwen, and her brother, Marcus.

Anything else: Keeps her mother's necklace at home in her room.

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 am
Skyguy says...

Before I make my character I was wondering if he could be a unicorn that could take on a human appearance. The fantasy creatures have a hand in the dissapearances and the unicorn queen, ( leader of all that is good) sent out a young soldier, a unicorn to protect the mythics and mortals at the high school. Hes posing as a junior, but he is much older. With your, permission id like to create him.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:34 am
ThingRed says...

Sure, no problem! Love the idea.
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 am
thelostone says...

I would love to join, if it's okay with you! I'm currently on limited wifi (yeah it sucks) but I can get a profile up tomorrow! Oh this will be fun!
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 am
Skyguy says...

Name: Chase Randall
Unicorn Name: Sunchaser
Description:Blond hair, grey eyes to mortals, silver to a select few mythics, but always silver to other fantasy creatures. Unicorn form, gold hide, gold mane. 5'9. Has a scar across his cheek.
Personality: Very qiuet. Unless you know him for what he is, then hes quite open.
History: Fought along side Joan of Arc. The only mortal he has ever loved. His parenrs are nobles in the Unicorn royal court of Heavensgate. Soldier all his life. Great with sword and bow. Picked to protect the high school because one of the only unicorns in the universe who will work along side humans. (Most unicorns believe themselves above humankind)
Species: Unicorn
Anything else: unicorn facts. Love open spaces and despise the dark. The moon gives them energy and so do the sun. Once a year are they at their weakest. Christmas. Its well known humans gather in groups at christmas eve amd day to celebrate, but its in their dna because in the ancient daus, unicorns would protect them from the darkness. Unicorns in their umicorn form only carry a human on their backs if they are mates or in the most direst of need. Chase is differemt because he is humble, the opposite of every unicorn, who are very proud, and arrogant.
Last edited by Skyguy on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 am
ThingRed says...

thelostone wrote:I would love to join, if it's okay with you! I'm currently on limited wifi (yeah it sucks) but I can get a profile up tomorrow! Oh this will be fun!

Yeah, that's fine, it's great to have you!
is because
Things are being loved,
And
People are being used.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 am
TaylorLove says...

I would love to join, if it is okay with you. This looks like a lot of fun.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:59 am
ThingBlue says...

We'd love to have you join. :)

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 am
ChocoCookie says...

I'd love to join. I'll post my profile for Female Human.

Name: Hazel Reed

Description:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Hazel is a full-mixed up feelings kind of girl. She can be outgoing but at the same time shy. She's really good at fitting in and making friends, she's often liked but she's had the worst of her life too. When she was young, she was quite plump and since she had brown hair and hazel eyes, kids often called her "Brown Bear", which is not a thing to enjoy. She's in love with electronics and things in pink. She can sing and dance well, but she doesn't know that. Hazel is practically, never an enemy to anyone because forgives fast. She can be easily tricked and influenced.

History: Hazel lives with her mom and step-dad. Apparently, unlike others, she loves Phil(her step-dad) and finds herself comfortable with him more than her own mom-Rosella. She has a step-sister who she absolutely hates because she tends to treat her like dog poop. Thankfully, she's moved to Greenland for her future studies. Later on, Phil had to move to another land since he got, sort of like a jackpot job and Hazel couldn't move with him. So, Rosella decided to move Hazel to a school which was nearest to the place her lived though it was still quite far-Mythic High. She's been there for the last 4 years, and loves it with all her heart.

Species: Human

Mutation, if mythic: None.

Important Relationships: Phil, Rosella and best friend- Kaylyn.

Anything else: Hazel has more mythic friends than human.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm
thelostone says...

Name: Gavyn Hardy

Age/Grade: 16 Junior

Description : Long dark red/auburn hair. It's never straight, always her natural spirals or waves. She has dark brown eyes framed by dark thick eyelashes.

Personality: Because of her mythic ability, she is very shy. She's super kind and very loyal, but she's not the type to walk up to someone and just start talking to them. When she does talk to you, she keeps her eyes on the ground to shield you from her power. She's very insecure and wishes a lot that she was human.

History: Gavyn's parents split when she was five. Her mom was an alcoholic and she hasn't seen her since. She has a little sister, Charlie, who also goes to Mythic High. Charlie has always wanted to be mythic like her sister, but she's human. They both live with their dad who is constantly working. They've been at Mythic High for three years.

Species :(mythic or human) Mythic

Mutation, if mythic: Gavyn is a healer, which has kept her appearance a few years younger than she really is, and is also able to strike fear into anything just by looking it in the eyes. She has trouble controlling this ability, which is why she doesn't have friends and avoids looking people in the eyes.

Important Relationships: Her thirteen year old sister, Charlie

Anything else: Gavyn has a little obsession for trinkets. She always wears at least five rings that she twists when she's nervous or bored.
Attachments
Gavyn.jpg
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 pm
ThingBlue says...

ChocoCookie and theloststone, it's great to have you. Your characters look awesome. :)

By the way, can everyone who's posted their character profiles also put them in the little character list over on the right? Thanks!

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily