z

Young Writers Society

High School Mythical: Started/Accepting

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Layla

I nod and slowly put my jacket on, hiding my arms bands and golden marks. I tilt my head on hand, away from the window. My heart races in my chest, but somehow knowing the Chase is there makes me less afraid. There is so much about this my life situation that does not make since, but I am trying to learn to live with it. For my mother.

I close my eyes and try to relax. I open my eyes and begin to jot down some notes about what he is talking about. Why do humans do this? It seems like such a waste of time to me. I can feel Chase get more tense in his feelings and that does make me very worried, but I do ask he says and do not look in that direction.

I bite my lip and close my note book when we are done. Our teacher puts in a movie and we begin to watch it. "Chase, when is it going to leave?" I ask, my voice slightly shaky.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 am
Skyguy says...

"Dont worry, I'll take care of it." He raised his hand."Yes mr. Randall" asks the annoyed teacher."Can I go to the bathroom sir?" The teacher nods then turns back to the movie. Chase grinned, then put his comb in his pocket and walks out. Layla sits there, avoiding the window, when suddenly comes a large strangled sqwuak from outside. Layla whirled towards the window, just in time to see a large bird tackled by Chase. It flew off. No one else had noticed. Then she saw the owner. A dark black unicorn appeared from the edge of the woods. She watched Chase draw his... comb? Then it transformed into a silvery sword. His horn, she gaped. He transformed. A large golden stallion was in his place. The dark unicorn reared and trotted into the woods.
"Mr. Richardson! Look at the horse!" The black unicorn reappeared with another unicorn. Black also. Chase reared and whinnied his challenge. The two unicorns charged at Chase who stood there. Laylas heart constricted. Why was he just standing there? She thought. His horn plunged, twice. The black unicorns reared squealing in pain. One stabbed Chase in the thigh with its horn. Chase reared and plunged his horn again. The 2 unicorns retreated into the woods. Flank bleeding, Chase trotted away from the school.
5 minutes later he walked back in as the movie resumed. He limped heavily. "Youre bleeding!" Layla exclaimed.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm
TaylorLove says...

Layla

While everyone else had their eyes on the video, I watched as Chase transforms and protected me. When he comes back, and sits down I can see his limp and blood. "You're bleeding." I exclaim.

"I am fine." He says.

"Blood does not indicate that you are fine." I rummage through my pack and take out a small vile. "Drink this." I say.

"What is it?" He ask.

"It is holy water. It will heal you." I explain.

"Why do you have this?" He ask, taking a sip and I can already see his wounds go away.

"Part of my mothers power was being a healer. She was given the band of power when she turned queen." I say.

"The bands that give you power when you do not have it yourself." He states.

"Correct. She wanted to make sure I was safe so she blessed the water and made it holy." I say.

"Now your bands, what do they day?" He asks.

"They do not work when I am not in heaven. They give me to power to manipulate weather." I say. I look and him and touch his shoulder for a moment. "Thank you by the way. Your serves is appreciated."
-Winnie the Pooh

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm
Gardevite says...

Deklan

Deklan walked down the empty halls, furiously folding his map. This thing isn't helpful at all he thought. The school was so big, and it made him feel so small.

He walked into an almost empty room, and saw a girl wiping the dustboard. "I'm sorry to bother he said, but I'm looking for the mythics club"

"We'll the good news is you found it." she said glancing at him through the corner of her glasses "the bad news is you're late, the meeting is just over."

"oh" said Decklan. "I'm new by the way, my name's Decklan."

"I'm Gwen." she said. "I'm the president of the mythics club." she held her hand out to shake his.

"I..I..I've got to go." he said, before shaking her hand.

Soon he found himself in the men's room, splashing water in his face. She could be dangerous he thought. She could be trying to kidnap me.

Deklan had been watching the news. So many people going missing lately, Deklan was on edge.

He dried his face and went to Math class.
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Skyguy says...

The minute the bell rang, Chase took hold of Laylas arm in one hand and her bag in the other. "We need to talk." He said, taking her to the secretarys office. He gently sat her down as the school secretary came bustling in."Chase! What are you doing-" then she saw layla." Willow, ive been at this school for a while. Heck, I was here when they built this plac! But never once have I seen a dark unicorn! This school is in danger! And I couldnt kill them, they were yearlings! Willow, do you understand at all? The instant she shows up, theyre hunting." He sighed amd sat down.
Layla spoke." My people at war with the dark angels, so I was sent here for protection." She smiled warmly at chase." And, ive found my protector." Chase nodded slowly. "Willow, put me in all her classes. Shes going to need protection if the Darks are hunting her."he turned to Layla" I will see to it you will be safe your... Layla." Willow cleard her throat." Sorry to interupt this lovely moment, but you cant switch everyclass. You need to keep an eye on everywhere." Chase sighed." I think I know someone who can help." He turned to Layla."I- be safe. I'll see you at lunch." He touched her arm briefly as she left.
"Oh no chase, an angel and a unicorn? That is against the ancient laws!" Chase turned angrily. "The ancient laws of the unicorns, or my mother? When my eldest brother was born, she did awaywith me. Willow, I seek not to wear the crown of Heavensgate, but I wouldve liked to know if my mother really cared for me! Screw the laws! My kind has made it very clear that my work makes it clear that im not one of them. Willow, the only other woman I have ever loved, is Joan of Arc! Shes dead because my "mother" saw england as a better choice for the rule! So thatz why I fought with the french! You have no idea, so do not assume you do!" He picked up his pack." I will talk to you after the day is over." He left quickly.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Reviews: 4
Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 pm
thelostone says...

Charlie

I waved goodbye to Gavyn and bounced into Math. My face lit up when I saw we had a substitute teacher for the day. By the looks of it, we're just going to be watching videos.

I sat down and began tapping my pencil on my desk.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Deklan sat down next to me.

"Hi!" I smiled and held out my hand. "In case you forgot over break, I'm Charlie."

He hesitantly smiled and shook my hand. "I didn't forget."

"Good!" I laughed. "How was your break?"

"Fine." He said before adding, "How was yours?"

"Good I guess. My brother got on me all the time. He's paranoid about these disappearances. I didn't get to go out at all!" I whined.

"Geez, Charlie, you live a hard life." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him gently. The sub put in a DVD and puppets began to dance on the screen, singing about equations.

Deklan groaned.

I smirked. "Hey, I kinda like it. It's catchy."

"Do you like Elmo too?" He asked.

I nodded, my eyes wide. "Oh yes, that's my jam."

"Quiet, please." The sub coughed in my direction.

I huffed and rested my head on my desk and focused on the singing puppets.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 pm
Skyguy says...

"Riley Smith, why do you always need to be a distraction? You are always causing trouble!" The teacher sneered. Fellows chuckled with his friends. Riley sighed and turned to his book. If it werent for him needing to protect his sister, he would gladly sink his blades into his whole classroom when the bell finally rang. Thank goodness, he thought. He marched our, nearly running over his little sister. He instanstly brightened. Jenna grinned. "We watched puppets for match class. It was boring because our sub was wierd. I think he knew every word by heart... I wonder if hes married. We need to talk to the mythics club." He nodded and walked away, onto p.e. he sighed, he still needed to speak with Chase Randall. For some odd reason, he could tell if he was telling the truth, and the boy was.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 pm
ThingBlue says...

Kelly sat at her math desk, leaning her head on her hand and watching the sub's poorly selected movie, glancing curiously at the student said substitute had shushed. Charlie, wasn't that her name? A new freshman, and the boy beside her was called Deklan? Yeah, that was right. Over the tops of their heads, she could see her sister's head dropping onto her hands; the only thing missing was the classic this-is-so-stupid-what-idiot-thought-of-this sigh. Boy, had she had that a lot of the years. Grimacing inwardly, she let her eyes return to the TV screen and the puppets.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:28 pm
TaylorLove says...

Layla

The fact that Chase was not going to be in all my classes made me feel more vulnerable than before I even met him. I walk to my class with my head hanging low. After hearing him talk to Willow, I felt like I needed him to be around me.

I walk into my math class and sit down. This was not the same man, he was a sub. He told us to copy down pages seventeen to twenty. As I do, I feel as though someone is watching me. I look up and see the teacher staring me down and I bite my lip. I get up and walk out to door.

After I close the door and begin to speed walk down the hallway. I hear a door clothes behind me and the teacher is running after me. I run down the stairs and get away. Then I dart down the hall. I let out a cry for help. I start to get tired but I try to push forward. "Chase!" I scream his name, but know he cannot hear me.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:19 pm
Skyguy says...

Chase sat down at his desk as the history teacher walked in. He opened his pack. If dark unicorns were hunting, then Layla would be in danger. The whole world knew Sunchaser, warrior and stallion. He sighed and started on his notes. Writing, writing, writing... he looked at his leg. The holy water had fixed up his leg good. Its not as if she was in huge trouble, the magical barriers would block anything from entering the school. He sighed and resumed writing notes. Then he felt it. The darkness. The hate, malice, amd joy. An evil, perverted triumph. He quickly left the room, nobody noticing.
He drew his sword and cautiously walked around. Something was not right. Something was in the school, but what? Nothing could enter the school unless it was good, or had been given permission. Even though the principal could give permission... the subs. So many new subs. Spirits... he raced to the class Layla was in. He cautiously stepped in, ready to give a quick excuse, but... everyone was asleep. No teacher... and no Layla. His heart stopped.what? No... I cant do it, he thought. But... do it! He transformed his sword. I am of the elder race, and my fellow is in trouble. Help me spirits... he thought as he raced to his locker.
He pulled the flowing robe out and placed it on, then the gold armour. Light, but unbreakable. Next, the baldric, his sword, then his bow and quiver. Then he let his eyes take over as they burned silver. Silvery smoke poured from his eyelids. He walked to the class. The students were drowsy, starting to wake up. He cast the spell. The smoky form of Layla took form, runnimg down the hall. He followed. He was overtaken by the shadowy form of the dark angel. He put his hood up, reveling in the darkness. Guardians take risks, running close to dark magic. He followed them to... the basement. (Quick thing my readers. If youve ever seen the avengers, hawk eyes quiver that changes arrow heads, thats the kind Chase has, but for arrowheads of different uses. Silver, gold, whatever.)

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 am
thelostone says...

Charlie

I picked my head up and glanced at the clock. I'm not sure how much more of these puppets I can take. There were fifteen minutes until the bell rang. I looked around and pretty much everyone was sleeping, including Deklan.

I spotted a girl a few rows behind me. She looked fun to talk to. The sub was sleeping, so why not?

I slid out of my seat and next to the empty one by the girl.

"Hi." I beamed. "I'm Charlie."

"Kelly." She said, slightly puzzled.

"Are you a sophomore?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nope. Junior. You're a freshmen right? How come you're in this class? Shouldn't you be in algebra or something?"

"Yep, I should. Believe it or not, I'm pretty good at math. I like it too."

Kelly scrunched her nose. "Ew. I didn't know it was possible for someone to like math."

I shrugged. "I dunno. It's the only thing that's the same every where you go." I pulled out a pack of gum. "Want some?"

She nodded and I handed her a pack.

"I always have gum. I'm practically a dealer." I joked. "I chew it all the time. My sister, Gavyn, she's a junior too, but anyways she always twirls these rings she wears. She has her rings and I have my gum."

"I like to read." She smiled. "You like math and I like reading. I used to read all the time but I haven't gotten the time lately."

"Gavyn likes to read too. That's the only thing she actually sees, besides me of course. She doesn't think she can control her abilities but I know she can. She does it all the time around me and Warren."

Kelly nodded, taking in what I told her. "So you have a sister and a brother?" She asked.

"Yep." I sighed. "Warren and Gavyn. Both older than me, and both Mythic. It sucks. They always get to go to the club meetings and have all the cool powers and I'm just..normal."

"Normal's not bad." She said.

"It's just very boring." I said softly.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 am
Skyguy says...

Chase stepped into the room." Angel, if you knew who I was you would leave." "Oh, I know you Sunchaser, just like I know your little sister. How is your young sister anyways? Is she still the blithering idiot from 5 centuries ago, when I took her horn?" A light flickered on, showing a tied up Layla, wrapped in the eternal chains of the warlock. Unescapable. Usually.
The dark angel was a middle aged man, holding a knife to Laylas throat he leered. Layla was sobbing against the gag, her eyes frantic. Chase drew his sword." This girl is under my protection." The angel hissed," dont play coy with me horse. I know what and who she is. Step closer and I will tear her wings from her body, making her fallen." Laylas eyes widened. "Layla, nothing will happen." Chase said. The angel glanced between the two, them chuckled."Well, goodbye angel." He raised the knife, but not before Chase shot forward, in the fasest tramsformation a unicorn has ever gone through. The angel screeched as his arm was pierced by the unicorn horn. He dropped the key then fled.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:12 am
TaylorLove says...

Layla

I fall to the ground and Chase transforms back. He unlocks the chains from around him and I sigh. He also took the gag out of my mouth and lifted my head. I let my wings disappear and it up. sniffling a bit. "Thank you." I tell him. I give him a quick embrace and then stand.

"Take it easy for a moment." He says, keeping me steady.

"What happened with you sister?" I ask.

He gives me the whole run down of the story and I take all of it in. Stealing her horn and everything was so horrible to hear. I could not find the words to express my feels, so we sat there in an understanding and calming silence for a while.

When some of my strength comes back, I tell him and he helps me up and links arms with mine. We talk up the stairs, using him as a crutch. Knowing now that he is with me, I know that nothing will harm me. "Chase, will there be more of them?" I ask.
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 am
ThingBlue says...

"Boring, huh? Well, I think I have an idea," Kelly told the freshman, grinning. "But it has to be a secret since freshman usually don't get invited." Dropping her voice, she looked around conspiratorially before continuing.
"You know that old house out in the country?" Charlie nodded. "Well, every second of December there's a party there. It's to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas and the next break we have all at once, I think. You can do anything you want there--fireworks, swimming in the river, dancing, all that stuff. And the best part? There's no teachers or subs breathing down you neck. So what d'ya say you and your brother and sister come along? It'll be fun."

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:14 am
Skyguy says...

Walking up the stairs, with Layla leaning on him, Chase thought on her question."Layla, I cant give you a strait answer. I really dont know how that creature got through the schools boundries. It should be impossible. Extremely powerful angel amd unicorn wizards placed protection spells on this school." Layla smirked." Sounds like you did your homework." He smiled." For once." He turned towards her. "But you have my word Layla, I'll be in your every class. Willow wont beable to stop me. But we need to get to lunch, amd I need to get out of this armour. And people think mythics look wierd sometimes. Just wait for me."
He came back in his regular clothes. He spread his arms. "Now I look nothing like a teenage unicorn." She smiled," Umm, define teenage?" He grinned and got in line for lunch.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson