z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption *Started*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:59 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

I wanted to try this one more time.. I hope it works out this time!

Plot
Spoiler! :
SARLA IS IN AN UPROAR...

The criminal situation is getting too far out of hand. The citizens are living in terror, kissing their loved ones good-bye rather than good-night before drifting off into restless sleeps. They are begging their king to do something about it.

The king and queen of Sarla have decided upon a solution. Tomorrow they will release one hundred elite soldiers and trackers into the land to track down the country's most feared criminals. What they're doing is for the love of their people and the safety of their son and daughter. Their peoples' needs are what comes first, and safety is one of those needs. If only they could somehow see the other side of things....

The criminals have lived lives of fear and torment. What they do is all they know. It's survival. They've seen things that nobody could ever wish to see, their lives have been void of love and acceptance by society. The way they see it, they have nowhere else to turn. They may or may not realize the pain and fear they're causing Sarla, but they need to survive just as much as the citizens.

It's a battle for survival, a battle for peace and a battle for the fate of Sarla.

Good luck to you all.

Rules
Spoiler! :
-No god-modding/creating perfect characters

-Romance is allowed, but no descriptive sex scenes.

-No killing other people's characters without their permission

-Cussing is definitely allowed, but try not to over-do it

-Posts should be longer than a paragraph (three sentences). Please use proper capitalization and paragraphs and all of that stuff...

-Weaknesses need to be REAL and need to affect your character in a way that matters (illnesses, physical disadvantages, etc...)

-Keep other peoples' characters in-character

-If you want to drop out of the SB PLEASE PM ME

-You can have up to 5 characters (for those of you who are insane enough to do that xD) But please keep the boy-girl ratio EVEN.

Female Character Slots

Spoiler! :
Queen:
--Genelle Gracelyn Monroe-thewritersdream

Criminals:
--Deirdre-crazycraz
--KatKage
--Ignorance
--Chloe Kingston-ForsakenAngel
--Cassidy Herimone-pandabear7
--Shadra-SageN

Princess:
--Evelyn Grace Monroe-ForsakenAngel

Male Character Slots

Spoiler! :
King:
--

Criminals:
--Faolan-crazycraz
--VeerenVKS
--Sam-littleauthor

Soldiers:
--VeerenVKS
--thewritersdream
--Elijah Cole-OliveDreams

Prince:
--Ignorance

Character Template

Spoiler! :
Please use the "create a character" button on the side please!

Name:

Appearance:

Criminal/Soldier/Royalty:

Personality:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

History:

Up for love:

Other:
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 pm
Iggy says...

I'd like to claim the princess. :) Maybe a criminal, but that's undetermined yet.

On a side note, I suggest you create a new DT and replace the link so that the "Go to discussion topic" button up there ^ doesn't take us to the old one. I don't want the people from the previous SB to be getting useless notifications.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I got dibs on the princess, but if you'd like I can make a second princess?
But yea, I'm not sure why it linked to the old DT.. lol I'll change that xD
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:24 pm
Iggy says...

*Facepalm* I meant prince. >__< Sorry. xD
- Lewis Carroll

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

It's all yours xD
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm
Craz says...

I'd like to reserve a male and female for criminals please. :D
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:56 am
KatKage says...

*Must resist. . . joining another. . . SB. . .*

Just kidding :3 *How could she possibly resist? o3o (Especially when she immediately has an idea for a character >u>)*

May I reserve a female criminal please? :3
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:35 pm
veeren says...

Can I has a male soldier and criminal please?
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:38 pm
Iggy says...

I'm gonna snag the last female criminal. ^^
- Lewis Carroll

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 pm
Skydreamer says...

Could I have the Queen? XD

Edit: Could I also have a commoner? And I think a soldier. I was thinking that maybe if there was someone who wasn't either a solider or a criminal but sort of watches and somehow gets involved. I'd really like to try that. So in order to do that I'm thinking maybe the commoner should be working for the queen or something like that?
Last edited by Skydreamer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:17 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I would definitely love one of the male soldiers please! Got so many ideas spilling out of me!

Wait - Can there be female soldiers? My idea works either way.
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

Olive-I would rather keep the soldiers male, but the spot is all yours.
Writer-Whatever you want to do! Is your character going to be male or female though? Just so I can get an estimate of how many more characters we need.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:35 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

This is starting tomorrow, so be sure to get your profiles in soon if you want to be included. If you want to join after we've started, feel free to do so, but leave a message in the DT so we know that there's a new character. Thanks!!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Spoiler! :
So sorry guys for not starting this way sooner, but I've had this major case of writers block. I hope everyone is still interested, and if you don't have your profiles done yet, please do them soon! :D I'm going to get things moving, and I know this is long, but be sure to read at least the end of it xD

Evelyn Grace Monroe

There was a thin fog that spread out over the castle's green grass, a freshly fallen dew staining the bottom of my baby blue dress and turning it a darker color. The birds chirped as if they had never seen a more beautiful morning, though it felt too damp and warm for my liking. The sun peeked over the horizon like a child hiding from her mother. Ironically, that was exactly what I had been doing.

I watched as my father's soldiers marched around the perimeter of the castle, making sure no one got in--or out in my case. Pulling the hood of my blue cloak over my long brown curls, I stepped lightly through the hedges of mine and my mother's prim garden where I had been hiding. I hurriedly made my way to the gates before my mother could spot me, smiling brightly at a couple of the guards that opened the front gate, allowing me to leave.

"Good morning, m'lady," one of them said brightly, saluting me in a way that made me blush. My steps didn't slow as I made my way out of the gates and to the waiting horse that had been prepared for me. Mounting the steed in one quick motion, I held tight to the reins and led him to a quick gallop. The castle behind me grew smaller as I neared the city beyond the gates, and a few of the people the shuffled out of my way looked up at me with smiling faces and greeting me in a way that was familiar.

I made these journeys into town quite often, though my father always warned of the criminals that lurked, waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting young princess such as myself. That never stopped me, though, nor did it halt the feeling of adventure I got when I rode through the city streets. I let my hood fall to my shoulders and the wind that blew past me freed locks of the curls that I had been trying to tame since the moment I had woken up.

I stopped the horse in front of an old peddler whose eyes were white with blindness and whose smile was as contagious as a virus. Dismounting the horse, I dug a few golden coins from a small sack I kept in the folds of my dress and, taking her hand in mine, pressed them into her palm.

"Ah," she breathed lightly. "The Great Woman has returned once again. Have you not blessed me with enough money this week?"

"Who's to say when enough is enough?" I questioned, taking the horse's reins in my hand once again and walking him down the cobblestone street. Small shacks lined each side of the road and even though it was just past dawn, there were vendors and peddlers already working people over to get whatever kind of money they could manage. The streets were already beginning to get crowded, and as we walked, the horse and I had to dodge the quickly moving bodies of kids and women rushing about to get things done before the day began.

"Princess," said a feeble voice, sounding urgent and full of concern. I turned slightly to see where the voice had come from and before me stood a small, shaking girl. She was about my age, though she looked as if she'd been starving for weeks. "Princess," she said again, stepping closer to me. "I need your help. It's my brother, he's awfully hurt and I think he might be dying. Please." She grabbed at my hand and my automatic reaction was to follow her, dragging my horse behind me.

She led me through the packed streets and into the shadier parts of town. My father had always said to never go to the part of town where the sun didn't shine, and in my many years of traveling on my own into the city, I had never come upon that part of it--until today. The girl had my hand in a firm grip, and although my heart was pounding the farther away from crowds of people we got I stuck with her. She let go of my hand momentarily to round a corner and I hurried to follow her.

I didn't see the blow coming, but it had been obvious that the girl had been planning on me coming with her. She rounded on me, her fist smacking into my face hard enough to send me to the ground. My vision was blurred but I could just make out the shapes of others coming to aid her. Groaning, I pulled lose the sack that was in my cloak, tossing it weakly into the dirt at their feet as the girl delivered another blow, her shoe digging into my ribs.

I didn't know how to fight, my father had never taught me how. At that moment, though, I didn't wish to know how to fight off my attackers. At that moment I wished that I would have stayed back in the garden, pruning the roses and watering the lilies. Because the girl kept delivering one hit after another until I could hardly breathe or see who was even hitting me anymore. I faintly heard one of them mount the horse; I heard the sound of them calling to each other, hurrying a straggler that wouldn't come. I listened as the sound of hooves against dirt seemed to fade and before long, the whole world was black.

Uhh, this is where some of you will start (yes, they mugged the princess xD real gutsy of them, I know!) Not all of you have to start here, but I figured it would be a great way to bring everyone in at once.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am
NicoleBri says...

Cassidy (Cas)

Standing upon a building I looked over. A few people were all in the alley-way planning some attack on a person I had never heard of. A girl swiftly rounded the corner and shortly returned with a beautiful lady behind her. A few seconds later the lady was on the ground with the less pretty looking girl beating her. I didn't know what to do so I turned away. I heard the groans of the girl, maybe a princess?

I try my hardest to stay unseen and to not be able to help, well it desperately killed me. There was just too many people in that small alley for me to do anything. I looked over and everyone was gone, including the horse. My heart dropped and I turned to see some one behind me. It was the girl who hurt the princess. "I don't want to hurt you, but I don't know what you saw!" she said and began to charge after me. I immediately ducked out of the way. "Not this time lady!" I yell. She ran towards me again, I dodged then kicked her in the shin.

Jumping off the building, I ran to the nearest group of people. She couldn't possibly attack in front of everyone. I hate fighting, especially for no reason. I waited a moment before taking off again, I didn't want to take the chance to be seen again. Turning around, I spotted the girl running the opposite way, I guess she was going to meet up with her little group.

"Who are you?" an older woman asked me. "Uhmm... I am Cass." I say. "Why have I never seen you before?" she asked eagerly to know. I ignored the question and took off. I couldn't get found anymore today. Luckily I have my own hiding space under a building. I smiled when I finally got there. Before I could get under the building I was seen by someone. "Halt there lady!" they yelled.

Someone can take it from here if you would like. :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner