z

Young Writers Society

The Life and Days of the Worlds Mystic Beings (accepting)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:41 am
KingLucifer says...

Nemier Loredo - Dorm Room

"Those are cool," my roommate said.

"Thank you," I said.

I turned to face my roommate and was surprised the number of piercings along her face, her lips, her eyes, her ears, and her nose. She probably had more under her clothes, she probably had as many piercings as she had tattoos. As a witch you had the choice between heavily piercing your body or heavily inking it up. Never neither or both, and a true witch or warlock knew incantations in which could she or he could make full use of every resource around them, including there own piercings and tattoos.

For a moment there was nothing, then, a smile began to form on my face as put pieces together that this girl was a witch. No one in there right mind would have as many tattoos as me or piercings as many as her, I walk towards her, past her and grab the handle of the door closing it behind her. Then put three steps between us as I turned back to look at her.

"So, another Witch has infiltrated Mystic Academy huh?" I asked.

"Excuse me?" she said.

"Me and you are Witches, born of the Wiccan and Pagen who managed to harness power, harness magic, and become the first Witches of this world. Generations passed one great one after another until finally, we are born," I said.

For a moment, there was silence between me and her, but I stepped forward and placed my hand on her shoulder. "It's alright, here together, we can be who we would normally have to hide from others."

I grab my cloak and brought it around my shoulders, but leave the hood of it down. I needed something to cover up the many tattoos on my arms and body. When I go wondering, my mind goes everywhere, my awareness that I'm not on friendly ground my possible new ally, and the girl I met earlier. I felt the Dark Arts just before I found her, is there a connection between the Dark Arts and her? I had no real way to tell, truly. It wasn't long before I see another girl walking down the hall, I step aside and let her pass but I see something on her. It looked like a tome, a witch tome, but how does a girl like her have it?

I considered stopping her and questioning her but I realize, if she has one, how many more does she have? This guess has me staying a few feet behind her and following her, this was the girls dorm so she must have a room somewhere. I watch her go down the hall and what I think is her room, I quickly go down the hall and then quickly pass her door and down the corridor. As the door opens again and someone else steps out, I don't catch her face because her back is to me. I wait until she's clear out of the building, then go to the door. I knock on the door and then I hear the girl on the other side.

"Alex? you forget something?" she called out.

The door opens and I immediately push my way in, "that tome where is it?!" I demand.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm
Craz says...

Raina Sophia Horus

Rain stood and swiveled around, her hand coming to rest at her side as she pulled away from her bed, where the book was now concealed under her covers. She took another step back as the stranger stalked farther into the room, her eyes like fire. Rain could feel the bite of the bookshelf behind her, a reminder that she had nowhere to go, and Rain's eyes flicked side to side with the need for somewhere to run or something to grab. The girl was apparently well rehearsed in cornering people in their dorm room, or something like it, though Rain could only think of so many scenarios when that was necessary. The girl came in close, spreading herself wide to let Rain know that she had nowhere to go.

"Wh-What?" Rain sputtered, rather pathetic- like. The girl made a noise that was eerily similar to an actual growl, and through her teeth she spat, "Where is the witch tome and why do you have it?"

Witch tome. Rain refused to let her eyes wander, instead focusing on keeping her gaze on the girl before her. Still, she swallowed, slowly and audibly. A little voice whispered harshly in her ear, reminding her that it was a matter of time before she stepped on the wrong foot. Instead of giving in, she said, "Why would you want to know?"

This time the girl was on her, pressing her into the bookshelf with her forearm pressed against Rain's throat. Her mouth was like the grin of a madman, dangerous and unpredictable. The two things that Rain tried her best to stay away from.

"I'll give you one more chance," The girl hissed in Rain's ear, "Before something unnecessary happens."

This time, Rain's spine quivered. She could read as many books as she wanted, but it didn't change the fact that she would always be physically weak. She made a move towards the bed, only to be shoved back in her place. Relenting, Rain said, "There's one under the covers. On my bed."

The girl immediately discarded Rain to slide to the floor, throwing the covers off in a savage jerk of her arm and seizing the weathered leather of the book. She flipped it around so she could see the cover, then continued to quickly flip through a few pages. Rain watched the entire process.

"Do you have more?" She asked, looking down at her. Rain tensed, saw the girl's growingly agitated look. Rain sighed and slowly slid her hand under the bed, finding the familiar hard corner of the locked case. She pulled it out, hugging it to her chest for a moment, and quietly flicked in the code that kept it locked. It obediently clicked open, a sound that suddenly sounded traitorous.

The girl pulled the case toward her, casually flipping through. Then, she turned her burning eyes on Rain again. "Why do you have these? What have you already read?"

"All of it. Most of it." Rain said. Suddenly Rain focused on the girl's hands, where they casually gripped the binds of the, tomes, she held. Her mind, useless like a soaked sandwich, slowly trudged through her thoughts to find what she was looking for. Her hands aren't burning from the touch. "Your'e a... witch, aren't you?"

The girl paused, looking down to her. Then her mouth spread into that wicked grin again, sending spikes of fear through Rain, and the girl swiftly crouched to where she huddled. She reached out and patted her shoulder, a suddenly camaraderie gesture.

"I think," she said, lingers of her smirk still on her face, "that I have a proposition for you, little Dreamweaver."
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 am
Kanome says...

I like to reserve one of the loven slots please.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker