z

Young Writers Society

The Orphans

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 pm
thelostone says...

Plot: Each and everyone of you are orphans. Whether your parents died or abandoned you, somehow you ended up at The Orphanage. Kids ranging from newborn to eighteen all live with you. Since everyone wants to adopt babies, the remaining kids and teens are rounded up once a year onto the Orphan Train. For many, this is the worse week of their life. The train drops the children off in various cities where anyone could take them for any reason. Lucky kids are taken in by loving families but the majority are not. The wardens in charge of the bidding show no mercy. Siblings rarely stay together. Will you find a family along the Orphan Train, or will you escape before the train even arrives? These are the untold stories of the orphans.

Rules: You may have up to three characters as long as they're related in someway. Relationships are allowed but remember when it comes to the orphan auctions, you may get separated. Cursing and fights between characters are permitted. No God-modding.

Character Slots:
1. Asin Mellor-starjester15
2. June Aliez Rutherford-umaima
3. Cassandra Madison-Clarity
4. Theodore Lucas Allbright- KLovelace
5. Max and Molly Anne Grayson-Liv
6. London and Greyson Monroe-Forsakenangel
7. Lynnox Mastin-thelostone

Character Profile:

Name:
Nickname: (If you have one)
Appearance: (Picture and description)
History: (Including where they lived)
Brief Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

This should be fun so please join!! :P
Last edited by thelostone on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 am, edited 11 times in total.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:52 pm
starjester15 says...

Could I join?
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
― Mark Twain

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm
umaima says...

I wanna join, it seems fun
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 pm
Clarity says...

Reserve please? I'll get a profile up ASAP.
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm
KLovelace says...

I've never done a storybook before, but I'd love to join this if I could ^.^
Current Characters:
none..

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 am
thelostone says...

Of course I will reserve spots for all of you! I am going to join as well. I would like to have most, if not all, of the profiles up by Friday please! Thank you!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 am
Liv says...

Can I reserve two spots, please?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:05 am
thelostone says...

Name: Lynnox Mastin

Nickname:

Appearance: Lynnox is moderately tall with medium length dark brown hair, and blue-ish gray-ish eyes. She keeps her hair down so it's easier to hide her face.

History: Lynnox and her little brother were shipped off to the Orphanage when they were twelve and eight. Their father was killed in a car crash, leaving them to their heroin addicted mother. Lynnox was forced to grow up in order to take her mother's place and protect her brother. Shortly after, her mother died of an overdose. Together, her and her brother survived two Orphan Trains. On the third one her brother was sold to someone in Boston.

Brief Personality: Lynnox is quick to shut people out of her life, afraid of getting hurt. No one besides her brother has ever actually cared about her. Once her shell is cracked, she is a sweet heart.

Strengths: Lynnox is very sneaky and can usually get away with almost anything.

Weaknesses: Whenever anyone mentions Boston she tenses up and becomes very angry at everything and everyone.

Other: If you can break through to her, she's up for love
Attachments
Lynnox.jpg
Lynnox.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 573 times

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
Wonder says...

May I reserve the last spot? Pretty please?
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm
KLovelace says...

Name: Theodore Lucas Allbright
Nickname: Theo, Teddy
Appearance: Messy brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. Had a small acne problem when he was younger and still has a few scars speckling his face, but still manages to be very handsome. He's very tall and lithe, but doesn't have muscles.
History: Although he has been in the orphanage since an early age, his fear of people made him hide every time an adoptive family came by. He was never adopted because of this. His parents only left him at the orphanage because they didn't have enough money to care for him, and they felt really bad about it. Not knowing this, though, it gave Teddy a slight feeling of abandonment.
Brief Personality: Very, very, very shy. Teddy often hides in his hoodie when he's around people. He's been alone for most of his life and doesn't really know how to interact with people, even if he would like to. However, he can be sarcastic sometimes.
Strengths: Very loyal, and when people break through to him he can be quite sweet. He's also brave when it comes to protecting people he cares about.
Weaknesses: A small fear of people and very self-conscious.
Other: Teddy isn't sure what he wants from life; he just knows that' he's scared of anything that involves other people. He hopes to hide from the orphan train and make it to eighteen without being adopted or taken at all.
Attachments
orphan1.jpg
orphan1.jpg (8.62 KiB) Viewed 552 times
orphan2.jpg
orphan2.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Current Characters:
none..

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm
thelostone says...

Okay guys just a reminder, please get your character(s) profile up by tomorrow!! Oh and all other discussion should be in our DT!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 pm
umaima says...

A link to the DT please?
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am
thelostone says...

The Orphans DT Hopefully that works

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:31 am
ForsakenAngel says...

First Character:

Name: London Monroe

Nickname: None

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
London is about 5'6" tall with a thin frame and long legs. She's got long brown hair that falls to the middle of her back. Her eyes are a sky blue and her skin is a light tan color.

History: London lived with her brother Greyson on the streets for as long as she can remember until they found the orphanage. She doesn't remember their parents, and Greyson refuses to talk about them. They have managed to stick together for now, but London doesn't know how much longer that will last.

Brief Personality: London is out there and friendly. She likes making new friends and meeting new people though her brother tells her to keep her mouth shut. She isn't quick to trust, and she's a compulsive liar, but she passes even the silliest lie off as the truth. She's smart mouth and quick to retort but it's all in good nature.

Strengths: London is a quick thinker and light on her feet. She can't fight, but she can run. She's great at pick-pocketing, and it isn't abnormal for things to go missing with her in the room.

Weaknesses: She isn't a skilled fighter, her mouth gets her in trouble on occasion, but nothing she can't handle.

Other: London never keeps the things she steals from people unless its cash. She'll trade it off or sell it.

Second Character:

Name: Greyson Monroe

Nickname: Grey

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Grey is about 6'2" tall with a slightly muscular build. His hair is cropped short, almost shaved completely off. His eyes are a smokey grey color and his skin is a dark tan.

History: Greyson has been keeping his sister safe from the minute their mom passed away. He doesn't remember much, but he dreams of his mother on occasion. Grey likes to keep the past a secret, for fear that London might pursue the only parent still living, their dad. Grey brought London to the Orphanage as a last chance survival option to keep her safe.

Brief Personality: He's normally quiet, but he's a very smart guy. When he does talk, people often stop to listen. He's thoughtful and he can come up with a plan in a split second. He cares for others more than himself, but it's normally just his sister that he worries about.

Strengths: Grey can think of a plan in seconds, which normally keeps his sister out of trouble. He's a great fighter, and a quick runner. He's a smooth talker, and although he isn't quite as good as his sister, he can normally get them out of trouble with his charm.

Weaknesses: He is always thinking of his sister first instead of himself. Grey could care less what happens to him as long as London is fine.

Other: Greyson knows where his father is, but refuses to share that information with anyone, including London.
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:41 am
Pencil2paper says...

Are you still accepting new characters? If so I'd love to join.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner