z

Young Writers Society

Horizon's Edge: Accepting

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:37 am
Craz says...

When are we starting? And is there a DT?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am
sylverdawn says...

No DT as of yet. I want to wait until this thing gets off the ground. We can start tomorrow afternoon. Also I would appreciate it if someone would recommend some good fantasy SBs for me to join.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 pm
NotaDayperson says...

Name- Terra Rain
Age- 17
Gender- Female
Origin- US (from VA)
Class- 2

Appearance- Terra has short dark blond curly hair, she's very pale, her gray eyes will sometimes turn blue if she's been crying or if she's really happy. Terra also has tats of wings on her back, spaning from her shoulder blades to mid-back, colored blue and purple. With a very curvy bulid Terra tends to wear larger shirts, or a jacket.

Personality-Terra has a temper, putting it lightly. She can see what type of person someone is just by looking at them most of the time, as a result she was sarcastic with almost everyone, because she demed them "not worth it", as such, she only has had a few close friends.

History- Terra has never really liked talking and/or hanging out with other people from a young age, she would play by herself at daycare, because she didn't trust the other kids. Terra's mother sent her to daycare at the age of four, and Terra had to go to said daycare for many years. She grew to think that most people in the human race were stupid, and didn't care much to talk to anyone. Being a loner untill 15 when she made her first real friend, then her friend became a Paranormal and was sent off. Terra has hated her whole family for years and ran away from home when she was ten and lived in homeless shelters untill she was 13 then she started to wander around and the day she turned 17, she was found to be a Paranormal, though she had been hiding the fact she was one for a whole year.

Power(s)- Terra can understand and speak any human language, she used this when on the streets to get food and dodge cops.

Other- Would rather be alone then with people, unless she makes another friend or two.
~Weird is good.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 am
sylverdawn says...

*alright we can start now.*

Aden:

The boat horn echoed throughout the ship, jolting Aden out of a sound sleep. As he sat up he cracked his head on the rung of the upper bunk. Swearing Aden pressed a hand to his forehead as he scrambled out of the tiny death trap that was his bed. That was the fifth time it had happened since he boarded the ship.

He stared at the port hole at the frozen tracts of the Antarctic as the boat made its way down a man made channel towards the center of the continent. He glanced back at his room-mates stuck four to a room in a closet built for one. The cramped conditions and the lack of knowledge about their destination had all of the passengers on edge.

As the thought went through Aden's mind the intercom screeched to life. Agitating his budding migraine. "Good morning passengers. This is your Captain speaking in six hours we will be arriving at the line. Beyond that point you mutants are on your own. I will tell you that it's a day's walk along the canal before you get to the habitable part of the continent. Go any other direction. And... well... I would advise it. Unless you wish to freeze to death. Your rooms have been unlocked and you are no longer confined to your deck of the ship. Please collect your belongings and assemble for disembarking. Thank you, and have a nice day."
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:20 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Spoiler! :
So sorry this is late xD Decided to do two characters because I noticed there were more girls than guys. Hope this helps!

Name- Andrea (Andy) Stark
Age- 18
Gender- Female
Origin- United States
Class- Class Zero
Appearance-
Spoiler! :
Andy has lightly tanned skin, with long brown curls that fall almost to her waist. Her eyes glow a slight blue color when she's angry, but stay a dark grey when she's calm. She's got a small anchor tattoo on her right wrist that she normally keeps covered.

Personality- Andy isn't shy and she isn't afraid to speak her mind. She's quick to anger, but she's also easily amused. She's really smart, and sometimes she comes off as a loner because she keeps to herself a lot. Andy can keep a secret and she is a great listener. She's a good problem solver for others, though she can't solve her own.
History- Andy doesn't remember much about her family because she's purposely blocked out the memories from the past. She knows that she has a sister somewhere, but she doesn't know who she is or what she looks like. Andy likes listening to other people's stories, but doesn't like talking about her own.
Power(s)- Andy can read minds at times, but it's not a definite power yet. She can also feel the emotions around her. As her powers develop, Andy will be able to change small things in people's memories and project her own thoughts and feelings to other people. (Is this ok?)
Other- She's up for love.

Second Character

Name- Dylan Parker
Age- 19
Gender- Male
Origin- United States
Class- Class One
Appearance-
Spoiler! :
Dylan is 260 pounds of pure muscle. He's 6'3" tall with dark tan skin and short brown hair. His eyes are dark blue and he normally has light stubble on his jaw. He has a tribal tattoo starting from his right arm, down his shoulder blade, and extending down the right side of his back.

Personality- Dylan likes to joke, and he can always find something funny to say no matter what the situation is. He doesn't get angry easily, but when he does he has a bad temper. He makes friends easily and he's charming with the ladies. Dylan doesn't hate very many people, but his bad side is a place you don't want to be.
History- Dylan grew up in the city. He didn't have a lot, but he never complained. Getting a girl was never complicated for him and when he got taken away, he left behind a girl that he swore he loved. He might like to talk about the world he left behind, but he doesn't like to talk about the people.
Power(s)- He's got super strength and he can lift anything up to four times his own weight without breaking a sweat.
Other- Up for love
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 am
sunwater says...

Erica-

The feel of the large thundering roar of the boat motors kept me awake thinking about what was going to happen. Well looking at the other people in the small little room I started to feel worried because of the condition they where in. One was only in rags and looked like the girl had not eaten in days only skin and bone. The other was also small but not as bad and had only dirty cloths since we being on this boat for 2 days.

The girl in rags was talking to herself "I'm going to die,I'm going to die...." She looked like se was about to break and loss it right there. I walked over to her and knelt down "It's going to be ok, My name is Erica and i know this is scary but i think we can do this."
the girl only looked at me then my body felt like it was on fire on the inside the pain was so real and horrible to feel. I screamed as the women looked at me and smiled and said "see we are going to die." Then there was a change in the motor and there was a voice coming from the speaker.

"Good morning passengers. This is your Captain speaking, in six hours we will be arriving at the line. Beyond that point you mutants are on your own. I will tell you that it's a day's walk along the canal before you get to the habitable part of the continent. Go any other direction. And... well... I wouldn't advise it. Unless you wish to freeze to death. Your rooms have been unlocked and you are no longer confined to your deck of the ship. Please collect your belongings and assemble for disembarking. Thank you, and have a nice day."

This seemed to stop my pain for some reason but I was thankful for no pain but started to worry they where going to send us to die in a frozen land what fun.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Andy

The constant rocking of the ship was upsetting my stomach, but I refused to get sick. I had never been sea sick in my life and I wasn't about to start now. Pulling a pillow over my head, I did my best to drown out the speakers.

"Good morning passengers. This is your Captain speaking in six hours we will be arriving at the line. Beyond that point you mutants are on your own. I will tell you that it's a day's walk along the canal before you get to the habitable part of the continent. Go any other direction. And... well... I would advise it. Unless you wish to freeze to death. Your rooms have been unlocked and you are no longer confined to your deck of the ship. Please collect your belongings and assemble for disembarking. Thank you, and have a nice day."

It made me feel better to know that we would be making it to land soon, but it didn't feel like soon enough. If I had to spend any extra time on this ship, I was going to make the clean up crew very unhappy.

"Hey, you ok?" Someone asked, touching my shoulder lightly.

Dylan

"Thank you, and have a nice day." The speakers droned, drawing a laugh from deep inside of me.

"Yea," I muttered mostly to myself. "Someone's got some sick humor." Rubbing a hand down my face, I glanced around at everyone else. We were all feeling the stress of this trip, and the idea of not knowing what to look forward too was killing all of us. I just wanted to get there already and be done with this boat and the crew. Looking over to the person beside me I smiled, nodding when they gave me a hesitant smile in return.

"I'm Dylan," I introduced, sticking my hand out for them to shake. "What's your name?"

Spoiler! :
Yea, so that was short xD There's two openings for anyone to come in!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 pm
Craz says...

Aislinn Maloney

Aislinn's eyes grew weary of the constant ice, weary of the prickling of oncoming frostbite in her toes, and weary of the other anomalies that marched their way to their supposed 'paradise'. While the sun did not lower or raise to indicate the passing of time, Aislinn estimated that they had been walking for eight hours by now. The ice went on forever and ever; there was no one to tell them what direction to go in, and she was starting to believe that they had been going in lazy circles.

An ignorant voice in her head stated that she was not supposed to be here; that her gift shouldn't have her sent off to the middle of nowhere. While it might have given her a short period of gratified peace with herself, she knew that she couldn't lapse into such a delusion. She had to be sharp if she was to survive.

Her head was bowed as she stared at her feet shuffling over the ice, but then it snapped up when she heard a shout. Someone was pointing, then more people were pointing, at a disturbed spot in the horizon. She squinted, trying to make out what it was. People farther in front started running, some of them unnaturally fast, and Aislinn found herself running too. They had finally found their new 'home'.

A large mountain range ran across the constant ice, its sides filled with burly pines and dotted with crude built huts where the people that had arrived earlier live. Aislinn glanced to both sides and as soon as she hit the first hills she broke away from the group, heading deep into the forest. Her plan was to get as far away from the others as possible, and try to live her life as peacefully as she can.

The thing is, she feared the others. Her mindset was still back in Ireland, peering out of windows as they took people from her town away to be ushered to the same place she was now. She would condescend them, criticize them, and shun them like everyone else. Its funny how irony can come around to bite someone in the ass.

It had been hard to wait to arrive in the ship that had brought them here. She had watched as a girl tried to soothe another that was rocking back and forth in the corner, and then drop in a wail of agony. She had watched as she smiled at the one writhing on the floor and whisper, "See? We are all going to die."

Yet she was one of them.

Her back prickled at the thought. She continued on, waiting for the feeling to pass and becoming more agitated when it didn't. She glanced subtly behind her, and tried to maintain her pace. Then finally, she gripped the piece of glass from her pocket that she found on the floor from the ship and swiveled around, looking for the footsteps that followed her.

Out first, nothing happened. Then she heard a twig snap, and a small figure eased out of the cover of a tree. Much younger than her, with white hair and strange crimson eyes, the boy peered at her from under his long fringe. His scrawny shoulders hugged tight to his tiny body, his eyes glancing to the ground, back to the trees, and then landing hesitantly on her.

He's just a kid.

She put the glass back in her pocket and bent down on the back of her heels, holding out her hand like coaxing a wild animal. Slowly, he walked up to her, but stayed a good five meters from her. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Kaleb." He said in a quiet voice.

"Well, Kaleb, I'm Aislinn. But your free to just call me Linn if you want." He nodded, and walked a little closer. Aislinn stood and walked with Kaleb a few feet behind her.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it took me so long. But anyways, lets get this GOING AGAIN!!!
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles