z

Young Writers Society

Young Justice (Started, Still Accepting)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 pm
Jony says...

Okay, so the title says it all, this is a Young Justice SB. I incorporated themes and ideas from the original Young-Justice in this SB so I don't take credit for coming up with some of the stuff.

You don't have to be a huge comic-book and superhero nerd to join this storybook though, all I ask is that you have a basic knowledge of superhero's like what Batman's real name is, plus I and other people will help you with some smaller details if you do need some help.

Also what is unique about this is, any sidekick that any DC hero has ever had, doesn't exist in this. So that means, there is no Robin, no Kid-Flash or Speedy, nothing. Every sidekick in this SB is completely original and created by us. 8)

Debriefing:
Spoiler! :
You are one of the chosen few sidekicks ready to make their next step in the world as a hero. You may have experience as a sidekick but not as part of a team so according to your hero, your new training starts as part of an experiment by the Justice League. It is codenamed “Young Justice” but the title is still tentative, it is for sidekicks between the ages of thirteen to seventeen who think they are ready to take the next step as a hero.

This new team is led by none other than Batman himself, who will send the team on missions and training exercises. But he will only communicate through video feed and the occasional visit. Alfred will be the designated “team babysitter” and is in charge of keeping order between the young sidekicks, he is also living with the team.

It is up to the team to decide who the leader is though. You will be given a code number and you keep your alias when you enter the team. The code you are given helps the Justice League identify who you are and allows you access to your teams headquarters. It is given based on what order you joined the team, the first person to join the team is given the code “(alias)B-01” and so on accordingly. It is only a way to keep track of who's who though and does not determine rank among the team.

Headquarters:
Spoiler! :
Mount Justice-

Inside was the first headquarters of the Justice League, the Secret Sanctuary. It was later re-purposed as the Team's base of operations, commonly referred to as the Cave.

Spoiler! :
Layout-
There are four ways to enter and exit the Cave. The first is the front entrance located at the base of Mount Justice, leading into the forest. The second is the back entrance that faces the Rhode Island coast, and the third is through the bay door in the hangar which opens onto the Atlantic Ocean. The fourth method is via one of the Zeta-Beam teleporter tubes, through which members of the Justice League and the Team can travel to and from various locations.

Other features include:

Hangar: The largest room is the multi-level hangar which contains two more Teleporters and the Cave's main generator.

Kitchen: A fully stocked open kitchen and eating area.

Library: A two-level library with reading tables and dozens of bookshelves.

Living quarters: A number of rooms, fairly similar in design, along a corridor.

Locker rooms: Rooms to change, located between the workout room and the showers. Includes benches and lockers.

Lounge: Located in the same room as the kitchen, a lounge area with a couch and a large television.

Medical bay: To treat injured members. Contains advanced medical equipment, including a MRI scan and X-ray.

Mission Room and Training Area: The central chamber, with a holographic computer. It can also serve as a training area. The Mission Room also has two teleporters.

Alfred's apartment.

Showers: Used by members when they return from a mission and require sanitation, located next to the locker rooms.

Souvenir Room: An empty room, save for a set of shelves on one wall. Any team member can store souvenirs gained on missions in this room

Waterfall Room: A room that can be completely cut off from the outside, for private meetings and conversations. One wall features a decorative waterfall.

Workout room: A room with stair steppers, stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, treadmills, dumbbells and barbells.

The Cave also boasts a network of corridors, air vents and secret passages which connect many rooms together.

Typical Agenda
Spoiler! :
8:00-9:00 ~ Breakfast/ Debriefing if going on mission
9:00-10:30 ~ Combat Training
10:30-11:00 ~ Body Shaping
11:00-12:00 ~ Free Time
12:00-12:30 ~ Strategy Lessons
12:30-13:30 ~ Lunch
13:30-15:30 ~ Stealth Training
15:30-17:00 ~ Group Bonding
17:00-18:00 ~ Free Time
18:00-19:00 ~ Dinner
19:00-21:00 ~ Free Time
21:00-22:00 ~ Lights out

This schedule is flexible though and no one should have to follow it by the book. It is just to give everyone a basic understanding of what the day looks like if they are having trouble of coming up with ideas for what their character could do.

Established Heroes
Spoiler! :
Batman
Superman
Aquaman
Flash
Martian Man-Hunter
WonderWoman
GreenArrow

These are the Heroes that you may choose from to be the mentor of your character. Though, if you suggest another hero in the DT, I may put him/her up as an option.

Hero Profile

Spoiler! :
Name:

Alias: (Be original)

Mentor:

Appearance (Picture is optional, description required):

Costume: (Be creative)

Personality:

History:

Fighting Style/Weapon/SuperPower: (Again, try to be original, do not just copy your heroes powers. But please try to make it a little relatable to your mentor's power or otherwise.)

Arch-nemesis: (Can be a teammate or a villains sidekick. Be creative and don't have the same one for two people. If your character doesn't have one, yet, then put undecided. But they will have one eventually.)

Up for love:

Weakness (If you have powers): (Real weakness's please and they don't have to be the same as your mentor's.)

Flaws: (Different than weakness's, these include things within personality and history)

Strengths:

Other:

Rules

Spoiler! :
1. All YWS SB rules apply

2. Cussing is allowed but please, be tasteful and no F-bombs

3. No god-modding

4. No invincible powers

5. No perfect characters

6. No killing off other characters unless they want you to

7. No minimum or maximum word count but please try not to make your posts too short.

8. Any POV is allowed

9. Missions and special training exercises are organized by me but everyone has input on when they should happen or what the plot for them should be

10. No assigning your character leader, it will be decided at random after the first mission

11. Five days in the real world is equivalent to one day in the SB so everyone has a chance to post but this ratio is flexible of course

12. You can have more than one character, but no more than two.

13. Romance is allowed but please, no sex scenes, you can imply them but don't write them out.

Team Openings
Spoiler! :
(Tentative, I will create more spots if I have to and if anyone requests a hero, I may put him/her up as an option. GreenLantern doesn't take sidekicks though.

Anyone is welcomed to take up any open spaces but please read the post-script for the openings in asterisks. I will try to update this as often as possible.

Also if your mentor has more than one sidekick, have your character treat the other sidekick like a brother or sister.)

Batman's Sidekicks-
1. @Jon7670 (Jason Grey B-01)
2. @Redfang18 (Silver Katoma B-04)

Superman's Son/Daughter*-
1. @maleficent (Amelia Island B-03)

Aquaman's Sidekicks-
1. @Aquestioning (Skarthus Makone B-05)

Flash's Sidekicks-
1. @littleauthor (Liam Minor B-06)
2. @thewritersdream (Eliza M Mandita B-08)

Martian Man-Hunter's Sidekick**-
1. @starjester15 (D'lia D'lose B-14)

WonderWoman's Sidekick***-
1. @Dante (Thraso B-02)

GreenArrow's Sidekicks-
1. Reserved for @Shadowlight (B-07)
2. @racket (Ely Thames Strenthford B-12)

Deathstroke's (Ex) Sidekicks****-
1. @DarknecrosisX (Rogan Lash B-09)
2. @thestorygirl (Mirielle Ferdinand B-10)

Catwoman's (Ex) Sidekicks-
1. @MariaRowlands (Koraline Michelle B-11)

Daughter of B'wana Beast and Vixen-
1. @maleficent (Jewel Maxwell McCabe B-13)

Booster Gold's Sidekick-
1. @AdventurerDaniel (Leopold Carter B-15)

*Superman's son is a unique character, there is only one spot open and there is a unique character template you should follow and remember when you reserve the spot. First come, first served.

**Martian Man-Hunter's Sidekick is a fellow Martian and has another unique template you should follow when you reserve the spot. First come, first served.

*** WonderWoman's sidekick is a girl, sorry guy sidekicks, but since she is an Amazon, I figured her sidekick should be an Amazon also, and Amazon's are ladies. She follows the same template as everyone else though.

****Deathstroke's sidekicks will be his sidekicks who trained with him as assassins but they did not like the idea of killing innocent people, so they decided to abandon Deathstroke and work as heroes. When Batman heard about them, he decided to put them in project "Young Justice" so they can truly know what it means to be part of a team and to be a true hero.

*Hero profile
Spoiler! :
Name-

Alias- Sorry, but either Superboy or Supergirl

Costume: (Up to you, but try to incorporate the Superman symbol somewhere in it)

Age- (13-17)

Father- Superman

Appearance (Picture is optional but description required)-

Personality-

History- You are Superman's clone, you have no idea who made you or for what purpose though. You were found by Superman when you were first conscious and he also has no idea who made you or how they got his DNA. Though he assumes you were created to be a weapon. He is wary and resentful of you, he is dumping you off with project “Young Justice” so he doesn't have to train or take care of you. You have no memory of anything before Superman finding you but you seem to be educated and understand what everything around you is. Almost like someone had force-fed you information without you seeing it first.

Superpowers- (You decide but it can only be two of Superman's existing powers, so choose wisely.)

Arch-nemesis- Undecided

Up for love-

Weakness- Kryptonite

Flaws-

Strengths-

Other-

**Hero profile
Spoiler! :
Name- (something truly unique)

Alias- None, everyone will refer to you as your name.

Age- (13-17)

Mentor- Martian Man-Hunter

Appearance- Green skin but the rest is up to you, but remember Martians look like humans.

Costume- (Again, something unique)

Personality-

History- Raised on mars, this is your first time on Earth but you speak English.

Superpowers- Telepathy, shapeshifting and telekinesis.

Arch-nemesis- Undecided

Up for love-

Weakness- Fire

Flaws-

Strengths-

Other-

Posts-
Spoiler! :
Please include the following on top of every SB post.
Name-Alias-Code- Mentor-Current date and location.

Oh, one last thing. This is the first SB I have been in-charge of so please bare with me. I will probably be assigning manager positions to people who seem to really put time and effort into making this a great SB. Please try to post once every couple of days and PM me or post in the DT if you're dropping out. Also alert me if you are going to be gone for a week or two. Last thing, post your characters profile only in the sidebar.

Also have fun! I want this to be a great SB and I hope you guys enjoy it!
Last edited by Jony on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 am, edited 27 times in total.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Jon, I was craving a Super Hero SB, I'm taking Wonder Woman Side Kick.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 pm
View Likes
maleficent says...

Can I reserve Superman's daughter? :]
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Reserve me as one of the Bat's sidekicks.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Could I reserve one of Aquaman's sidekicks?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Reserving Flashes sidekick.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:49 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Can I please reserve the Green Arrow's sidekick?
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:50 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

I'd like to reserve as Flashes other sidekick!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

49 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 pm
View Likes
thestorygirl says...

Reserving Deathstroke's other sidekick.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

132 Reviews

Reviews: 132
Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 pm
View Likes
racket says...

Can I maybe be another of Deathstroke's ex sidekicks? If not, please can I have Green
Arrow's other sidekick? Thanks.
"The one who reigns forever,
He is a friend of mine!
The God of angel armies,
Is always by my side!"
"I was cup-bearer to the king." -Nehemiah 1
"I've lost all my marbles, but I promise they'll come back."

49 Reviews

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:50 am
Jony says...

Jason Grey- Shade- (B-01)- Batman- 9/1/2014- Gotham City

Todays the day. Jason thought as he ran through the streets of Gotham City, adjusting his mask. Adrenaline pulsed through his veins as he dogged and weaved through the incoming traffic. It was chaos, cars were spiraling through the streets and the sounds of horns echoed through his ears. Then, silence.

One moment of silence before the explosive detonated, sending heat rushing against Jason's face and singing his skin. I'm too late. Jason cringed as the bright light from the explosion ripped through his eyes. Batman's going to have my head.

Jason stopped and waited until his senses returned to him before beginning the chase again. When Jason regained his sight, he looked up and gasped. Shrapnel was scattered everywhere and his prey was sitting on a car infront of him.

A shrill laugh erupted through the streets. "So, Batty sent the boy blunder after me?" The Joker chuckled before erupting into another series of laughs, his feet and hands hammering the roof of the car.

"Don't have time for this, lets finish it already," Jason groaned.

This seemed especially funny to Joker as Jason brushed ash off his suit. "Oh you kids, always in such a rush," a dark look crossed his face. "I say we savor in the moment of this carnage."

Suddenly a dark shadow appeared above Joker's face. "I wasn't talking to you," Jason chuckled as Batman smashed into Joker's side and sent him sprawling into the street. The sound of cheers now echoing across Gotham as every television in the city witnessed Batman and his loyal sidekick Shade take out The Joker before any more explosives went off.

Jason looked at Batman, "We're late."

Back in the Batcave, Jason threw off his mask and started to change into casual clothing. "Don't change," Bruce growled as he took off his cowl. "I want Shade to make an appearance, not Jason."

Jason shot Bruce a sharp look, "Divitra doesn't have to keep her identity hidden to other heroes."

Bruce grabbed Jason's shoulder as he started to walk away. "Divitra doesn't have BlackMask out for her head like you," Bruce warned.

"Fine," Jason shrugged off Bruce's hand.

Two hours and fifteen minutes. That was the time it took for the BatWing to fly from Gotham City to Happy Harbor. Jason looked out of the tinted windows and smiled, the Rhode Island coast melting together as they passed by at high speeds.

Inside the Cave, Jason and Batman exited the BatWing and started walking from the hangar towards the lounge. Jason's steps echoed through the entire corridors while Batman's steps landed softly with no sound at all, even though he weighed more than Jason.

Every sidekick looked at Jason as he walked into the lounge and he smiled. "Yo, my name's J-" Batman gave Jason a sharp look. "My name"s Shade," he grunted as he took a seat next to another sidekick who looked around his age.

Jason didn't recognize any sidekicks but he did remember every hero as they stood near their sidekicks. But Jason couldn't find Divitra, she had told Batman she would find her own way to Rhode Island so either she was here and Jason just couldn't see her or she wasn't even in the Cave yet.

Batman cleared his throat and all the other heroes looked towards him. Jason smirked, he had heard Bruce preparing his speech earlier. "Welcome to the Cave, this was the former Headquarters of the JusticeLeague but now the headquarters of project "Young Justice," Batman paused before continuing.

"Everyone will be shown to their rooms and given a proper tour by Alfred later, but for now, I want all the sidekicks to socialize while I talk to the other members of the Justice League."

Jason frowned, he didn't remember that part of the speech. Something must of happened between Bruce preparing the speech and giving it now. Jason started eavesdropping as the other sidekicks started socializing. He heard Batman's gruff voice talking to the other heroes.

"Project Venom is getting dangerously close to going into affect, but right now we don't have enough evidence to go in and stop it so we will wait until we dig up some more evidence of illegal activities. But right now, it just looks like a typical medical company developing cutting edge medicine," he paused as GreenArrow interrupted him.

"Yo Batty, we already knew this. Tell us something we don't already know," he stopped as Batman cut him off with a look.

"I was getting to that, Oliver. While project Venom may be at a standstill for us, we have a connection that may dig up more evidence. The Joker was just caught and sent to Arkham Asylum but before I dragged him there, I noticed he used a set of explosives that was developed by none other than our friend Lex Luthor. I have suspicions Luthor may be supplying military grade weapons to other villains and-"

Jason snapped back to reality as another sidekick started talking to him. Project Venom, where have I heard that before? He thought before the person infront of him started speaking.

"Hey, you're Shade, right? My name is-"

Spoiler! :
All the sidekicks are together right now so feel free to have your character interact with other sidekicks. Also your character doesn't have to stay in the lounge, they could go off with another character anywhere in the Cave.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:57 am
MariaRowlands says...

Deleted
Last edited by MariaRowlands on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 am
Redfang18 says...

Silver Katoma - Shadow Ninja Divitra - (B-04) - Batman - 9/1/2014

Naturally, Divitra was always keeping quiet about how she was going to get to Rhode Island. As sneaky as she was, she slunk into the Bat Wing and took a rather short nap to pass the time. Thankfully, her light snoring was muffled by her mask or Batman would've found out she chose to stowaway while he and Shade weren't looking.

She woke up when the Bat Wing landed and slunk out the opposite direction of her mentor and fellow sidekick. She made sure she was in the shadows at this time, avoiding the sight of even other heroes. Behind the mask, she smirked. This is just too easy, she thought. Suddenly she felt a strong hand grip her shoulder. Looking up past the light yellow visor, Divitra was eye-to-eye with Superman. She sighed, knowing that she got caught red-handed. She said calmly, "Busted by the Man of Steel. Guess even a ninja can't escape you, sir. Well, at least I can give myself some credit for the effort." She went off to join the other sidekicks.

Although she didn't know any of the others, she recognized Shade. She sat down next to him and listened to Batman's speech. She wasn't fond of speeches, since she herself had a bit of a tendency to fall asleep during speeches. Thankfully, it was short and sweet, preventing Divitra from taking a premature nap. After Shade got up, she made herself known, trying her hardest to mingle around.

The first to catch her eye was a sidekick who looked like a cat. At this, Divitra smirked behind her mask. Although Catwoman wasn't one of the ninja's arch-nemesis, she was one of Divitra's favorites on account of the villianess' mannerisms. Even in her old life as Silver, Divitra just loved cats. She took off her gloves and silently approached the cat-like sidekick. Once she got close, she reached with her left hand and said calmly, "Hello. I'm Divitra, Shadow Ninja Divitra. I'm one of Batman's two sidekicks." She got on her right knee, still facing the cat-like sidekick. "I like cats. I used to have one when I was younger, but he ran away years ago."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:23 am
MariaRowlands says...

Koraline Michelle - Little Claw - (B-11) - (ex) Catwoman - 1/9/2014

Koraline looked around and saw Shade. She looked down at her suit and thought maybe she ought to get a new one. She looked back up and walked over to where he was standing.
"Hey, you're Shade, right? My name is Little Claw. I have heard a lot about you and Batman. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Koraline purred, pleased that she actually had tried to be nice instead of her original plan to be anti-social.
Her happiness caused her tail and ears to pop up. As she quickly realised this, her eyes widened in surprise. Whoops. I have to control my emotions better. She mentally scolded herself.

Koraline heard someone talking to her and turned in shock, her ears pricking up at alert and her tail swaying with shock.
"Hello Divitra. I am Little Claw. It's a pleasure to meet you too!" she shook Divitra's hand and smiled. "So you like cats? Well I actually am part cat."
She smiled again as she turned into her cat form, laughing at everyone's shocked facial expressions. See! she projected her thoughts, hoping it'd finally work but to her dismay, it didn't. She turned back to her normal form, fully clothed as her clothing was made to change with her.
"I'm a neko. I technically am a mutant but I can hide the fact that I'm different." she said as her tail and ears dissappeared and her human ears appeared.
Koraline stopped smiling when she realised she was saying too much. She went quiet and allowed for Divitra to speak.
Last edited by MariaRowlands on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 am
View Likes
maleficent says...

Amelia Island / Supergirl B-03 / Superman / 09-01-14 / Cave

Amelia's heart was beating rapidly beneath her chest. The fabric of her new costume was itching her in all the wrong places and she felt as if the walls were closing in. The fear that the others would reject her was beginning to overwhelm her.

"You'll be fine." Superman muttered. He placed a hand on her shoulder and she did her best to believe he meant it.

"I know. It seems that even Kryptonians get nervous." His discomfort at Amelia trying to relate to him didn't go unnoticed. She let out a sigh and sat down on one of the sofas. The other mentors and their sidekicks were beginning to arrive.

Looking over her shoulder, Amelia caught a glimpse of Diana and she waved. The girl standing beside Wonder Woman raised and eyebrow and then continued talking.

"Well one of them already hate me." Amelia muttered, the nervous knot in her stomach forming into sadness.

"I'm sure you were programmed to adapt to situations, just like me. You'll get over it and when they get to know you, they'll like you." Superman half smiled and walked over to Batman and a smaller boy beside him.

I shouldn't even be here. Amelia thought to herself.

"...other members of the Justice League." As Batman finished his speech, Amelia got to her feet and decided to choose who to socialise with. Even if she had one friend, everything would be better.

"Hello." A voice said behind her, she turned to see a small cat-like humanoid looking at her. "H-Hello." Amelia replied quietly.

"My name is--" Amelia was surprised to see the cat walk off towards Batman's sidekicks. "Are all humans this rude?"

Amelia looked back over to Superman and he nodded for her to follow the cat-girl. Amelia rolled her eyes and then began walking, she stopped when she joined the small group beginning to form.

"I'm a Neko. Technically I'm a mutant, but I can hide the fact that I am different."

"Well that's impressive. I'm a clone. I don't think I have any memories, but how can somebody know if they have a past to remember?" Amelia folded her arms and appeared to be deep in thought.

That's when she realised the other three conversationalists staring at her oddly. "Oh, sorry! Evidently I ramble when I'm nervous."
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes