z

Young Writers Society

Extreme Teens (Started)

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:50 pm
View Likes
TheAlibi says...

Extreme Teens

The TV reality show All Extreme has become a global hit. Twenty countries have their own versions of the show. From thousands of candidates, a team of four directors narrows down the pick to ten truly extreme adults who are then sent to live in a mansion for ten weeks, with cameras placed everywhere.

Now, the four national directors are on the search to make the show even bigger, by tailoring the show to their main viewers. They are starting a new edition of the show, with contestants aged 16-19. Can you survive ten weeks without walking out, or letting your extreme side get the best of you? At the end, the audience and directors vote for their favorite cast member. The prize: one million dollars.

Throughout the ten weeks, the directors will host events, interviews, and private chats with some of the cast. They will also throw in surprises to throw the cast members for a loop, and try to push some of them into leaving. Limits will be tested, bonds will be formed, and you might find some people will do anything to get to the top. So here's the ultimate question:

Are you extreme enough?

Spoiler! :
The word "extreme" is interpreted in many ways for this show. Some of the cast members have extreme personalities, some have extreme looks, hobbies, talents, phobias, or anything else that sets them apart from the rest of the crowd.

So I ask you to be creative with your characters, and do not make them perfect. This reality show will work best if people aren't perfectly nice to each other. The directors chose a whole range of extremes, so make yours believable, but interesting.

If you don't have any ideas for extremes, you can PM me, I have a few to spare.

Keep the gender ratios even, please!

Character Profile:
Spoiler! :
Name:
Appearance: (use a picture and a description)
Extreme: (with a description please)
Personality:
Strengths:
Flaws: (real flaws please)
History:
Up for Love:
Theme Song: (optional)
Other:

Character Spots:
Spoiler! :
F- Jerica Pipper (TheAlibi)
F- Keigan Scott (littleauthor)
F- Elise Mandrin (yubbies21)
F- Moria Landing (thewritersdream)
F- (reserved for umaima)

M- Noah Scott (littleauthor)
M- Nicholas Clark (jon7670)
M- (reserved for crazycraz)
M- Brett Valenscio (Noelle)
M-

DT Link: Here

Rules:
*romance is encouraged, HOWEVER, keep sex scenes to a minimum
*you can swear, just don't make it every other word
*use the DT for discussion
*do not God-mod
*do not write other people's characters out-of-character
*NO perfect or NEAR PERFECT characters
-(boring characters also frowned upon)
*post regularly, or PM me if you want to drop out
Last edited by TheAlibi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 pm
TheAlibi says...

Name: Jerica Pipper
Appearance: Jerica is moderately tall, with bright blue-grey eyes and freckles dotted across her body. Her hair is just past her chest in length and a mix of blonde and brown. The first thing most people notice about Jerica is her body, it is well-toned, and muscular for a girl. Aside from that, she is not a stunning girl, but is not unattractive by any means.
Spoiler! :

Extreme: Jerica does parkour on an almost professional level. Parkour is essentially outdoor gymnastics, in which you use your surroundings (often buildings, trees, benches) for creative and efficient movement. Many parkour athletes eventually become stunt doubles.
Personality: Jerica is very focused on her training, and is an extreme perfectionist for herself. She seems very self-confident, and wont let other people push her around. She comes across as a bit of a tomboy, and constantly reminds people she isn't someone to be messed with. Jerica uses her accomplishments to define her self-worth, and is very careful to keep herself in good standing with other people. Deep down, Jerica's self-esteem is really very fragile, as she searches for ways to live up to her own expectations. She is very tolerant of others, but cannot cut herself the same slack.
Strengths: She is physically strong, persistent, focused, skilled and tolerant of others
Flaws: She demands perfection of herself, sets unrealistic goals, is hurt easily by others criticism, and has a hard time accepting help from others.
History:
Both of Jerica's parents grew up with nothing and made something of themselves. Desperate not to let her become spoiled, Amy and Matthew (her parents) pushed her to be better at everything. Though in her early teens she rebelled against their ideas and "perfectionist" attitude, she eventually chose the path of least resistance to keep herself sane. Her only other option would have been to leave home. When Jerica was 14, a (much older) boyfriend introduced her to parkour, and her love for it ignited. Her fierce competitive nature began to carry over to the sport, and it consumed her. For two years, Jerica had to train against the will of her parents, who wanted her to focus on a mainstream career. Once Jerica's parents saw the potential in this path for her, they began to financially support her training and competitions. Within a year of when their assistance began, a producer hired her as a stunt double for an actress in a low-budget film. Jerica knows she is only a short time away from her big break, and ready to ignite a career that will write her name down in the history of extreme sports.
However, there's a lot on the line for Jerica. When she registered to audition for the show, her parents gave her an ultimatum. If she doesn't prove that she can turn her passion into a career, they will completely stop supporting her.

Up for Love: She's got a guy back home, but the producers are going to do everything they can to change that and get her with a cast member. She's bi-curious.
Theme Song: Fly Away - Tyler Ward & Crew
Other: Jerica loves seafood...she regularly eats tuna fish sandwiches for breakfast. Occasionally, Jerica has moments where she realizes the reality of her situation, and panics a little bit. She gets star struck and extremely stressed, realizing she's just moments away from working with some of the biggest producers in Hollywood.
Last edited by TheAlibi on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm
umaima says...

I will be posting my character's profile soon :D
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm
littleauthor says...

Name: Noah Scott

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Brown hair that he always has sorta pushed back. Bright green eyes and cute dimples. He has a toned body and is a height of 5'11.

Extreme: An amazing Photographer. See that blade of grass right there. Noah will take it and make it into a beautiful piece of Photography. He is better than almost any professional photographer in the world so his work must be perfect.

Personality: Very funny and kind. He is by no means shy and loves to goof off. He is protective over the people he cares for. Noah is super smart and would be glad to help with a up coming exam or test. He is really just up for any challenge.

Strengths: Photography, and strangely enough skateboarding. Also he is super smart so that is one of his strengths.

Flaws: He has a phobia of spoons and car crashes. He is super clumsy and often trips or just makes a complete fool out of him self in public.

History: Grew up in New York with his parents and his 4 older sisters. His parents are Librarians so he got to see them all the time. He spent a ton of time at the Library and that's where he learned about Photography. Noah must have read 100's of books on it and took over a 1000 pictures in that Library.

Up for Love: Yes please. Straight.

Theme Song: Trouble Maker: Olly Murs.

Other: He always has camera with him.
Last edited by littleauthor on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 pm
Jony says...

Name:

Nicholas Clark

Male

Appearance:

Bright blue eyes, wavy light brown hair that he always styles in the morning. Skinny on first look but in actuality he is very muscular. He always dresses in semi-formal wear (Jeans with a nice dress shirt and a skinny black tie) and always tries to look his best.

Spoiler! :
Picture in character sidebar

Extreme:

Nicholas started martial arts when he was only six years old and has excelled at them ever since. At only the age of nine, Nicholas was a second degree black belt in taekwondo and started to delve into other martial arts. He started Muay-Thai and Jiujitsu years later and eventually mastered even those at the age of fifteen. He is currently placed second in the world in his age group for taekwondo, fifth in Muay-Thai and third in Jiujitsu. He also speaks Korean, Thai, Japanese and his first language, English.

Personality:

Unlike his extreme talent, Nicholas's personality is more toned down and calm. He is quite shy around girls and is usually found either meditating or playing video games. He hates bullies and one of the reasons he started martial arts was because he was bullied when he was younger. He is very friendly and has a great sense of humor but only lets people who try to get close to him see that part of his personality. He loves video games but ironically hates fighting games and loves RPGs like Skyrim or old retro games like 8-bit Zelda and Mario. He is also the self proclaimed "Biggest Superman fan in the world"

Strengths:

Keeps his calm even under some of the most stressful situations. He is strong and athletic. Is willing to except any criticism and is disciplined to the point that he is OCD. He is great at strategy video games.

Flaws:

He is not the smartest person ever and hates anything to do with math. He doesn't make friends very easily and every close friend he had ever made had approached him first. Will stand up to any form of bullying he sees and has often made enemies that way. Does not follow instructions from peers well and only follows instructions from authority figures. He also has a phobia of situations where people may laugh or make fun of him, a scar from when he was little that has stayed with him.

History:

Grew up in Seattle, Washington with his parents and twin sister. He was a small kid and chubby when he entered kindergarten, he was often bullied made fun of for the way he looks. Over the course of that year, his parents worried about him. He stopped wanting to come to school, he would always wear a superman cape wherever he went as a sort of security blanket. He would always say if he was Superman, he would be brave enough to go to school. That is when his parents put him in Taekwondo, telling him that if he stuck with it, he could one day be even more powerful than Superman. That was his inspiration for martial arts and has stuck with it ever since.

Up for Love:

Of course, he is straight.

Theme Song:

SuperMan- Five For Fighting

Other:

Still packs his old SuperMan cape in his suitcase wherever he goes, but luckily for him, he no longer wears it. In martial arts tournaments, he is nicknamed "SuperBoy" because of his ruthless and powerful fighting style.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
littleauthor says...

would it be okay if I made another character as Noah's sister?
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:08 am
TheAlibi says...

That's fine!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:18 am
yubbies21 says...

reserving a female character please...
beep

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 pm
Craz says...

Reserve a male spot please ;)
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:15 pm
maleficent says...

Can I reserve a female please? :)
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:21 pm
TheAlibi says...

Hey! So anyone who has made a character here, would you put them in the character sidebar please and thank you? In the "description" box, just enter the whole character template minus the picture. You can look at mine or jon7670's if you want an example.

Thanks!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:28 pm
umaima says...

Can you reserve a female spot for me please?
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:13 pm
TheAlibi says...

Okay, we have another female spot open. Would anyone who has reserved a spot make your character, please? I plan on starting this Wednesday!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 am
Skydreamer says...

I've posted my character!! She is a female and artist. Moria Landing.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:03 pm
TheAlibi says...

I'd like everyone's first post to start at the interview/audition phase so we can get to know your character, and then we'll jump to the mansion.

Jerica Pipper

“You’re absolutely sure you brushed your teeth?”

Amy had one eyebrow raised, pointedly looking at where Jerica sat behind the steering wheel of her Cherokee.

“Yeah, I did, mom.” Jerica turned her eyes back on the road, carefully navigating around the city streets. The sign for NEXT GENERATION studio crept out of the California morning sky, written in big Hollywood letters with an almost business like appeal. The letters were crisp and clean and going to be her home if she had anything to say about it.

“Alright, because tuna fish breakfast breath doesn’t get you on a reality show.” Amy was sitting with a map in the front seat, not willing to trust Jerica’s instinct or GPS for directions around Los Angeles.

Jerica sighed, and rolled her eyes slightly, “I had no idea.”

-------------------------

The studio inside would have been exceptionally grand, except for that people filled the main lobby and auditorium up and over its edge. A grand, artistic staircase led up to the second floor where a few hopefuls at a time were lead to meet with the directors.
Jerica had submitted her video two weeks ago, and received an invitation to attend the interviews and audition only two days later. She had already attended the initial audition, where a panel of minor judges questioned contenders to weed out those they deemed not worth the directors’ time.

I’ve made it this far…

A girl walked past Jerica in tears, and went through the revolving door with a small suitcase. Jerica felt a small turn in her stomach out of pity, reflecting that one of the ugliest things in this world was a broken dream.

Within the hour, Jerica found herself in front of large glass doors where inside she could see four people on one side of a long rectangular desk. The judge who had accompanied her to the room knocked on the door, and immediately the directors looked up from the table. The woman motioned for Jerica to enter, and then let her pick one of the two chairs on the opposite side of the table. Almost instinctively, Jerica chose the one closer to the woman whose cinnamon skin and dark eyes were comforting Jerica’s racing heart.

“And you are…Jerica Pipper?” The director at the far left end of the table glanced up from his paper to look at her.

“Yes, I am.” Jerica smiled widely, placing both her hands on the ankle resting on its opposite knee.

“Alright Jerica,” the same director spoke, “well I am Archie Walter, director of All Extreme USA. I’ll let my companions introduce themselves.”

“Hi, I’m Fábio Souza,” the man’s voice was smooth and rich with a strong accent, “I’m the director of Extreme Brazil.” Jerica noticed the man looked more like a contestant than a director; he was young and clean-cut with muscles rippling up his arms.

“I am Sariya Rao, it is very nice to meet you, I am from India. I direct All Extreme there-”

The man at the end cut her off, “And I’m Lloyd Duncan, I direct All Extreme UK. You might’ve heard of it, it’s popular over here in the states.” Lloyd threw a pointed look at Archie, who cleared his throat.

“Anyhowever Jerica, we’d like to know this: out of all the people out there waitin’ to interview, what makes you America’s most extreme teen?”

Jerica had long had her answer planned; the words that she knew were being filmed by a small camera in the corner of the room, words to land her on TV-

“I was a stunt double before I could drive, and in the morning I go jogging across city rooftops. I have no formal training, just a few years of hard work under my belt. But it goes the show you don’t need a coach if you’re willing to work and take a few bruises-”

From there, Jerica proceeded to tell her story. The directors listened, with Fábio or Achie interjecting occasionally with a question about parkour and her recent work as a stunt double. They looked interested, except for Lloyd who stared blankly at the scar on Jerica's right shoulder, tapping a pen against his chin.

“We’ll be in touch,” Archie said eventually, standing up and reaching to shake Jerica's hand firmly.

On a whim, as she walked towards the door, Jerica pushed herself against the ground in front of an elegant couch that was blocking the path out the door. She flipped over it gracefully, and heard someone hum in amusement behind her.

Without turning to see who it was, blushing slightly and cursing her impulsive nature, Jerica walked out the door.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec