z

Young Writers Society

Extreme Teens (Started)

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:05 am
Skydreamer says...

The light of the day poured into the room her aunt was in, recovering from her last surgery. Moria had just opened the curtains and sat on the edge of her aunts bed. She was doing the whole show for her aunt. So that she wouldn’t need her mom, so that she could make a name for herself, and just well, have the experience. Her aunt was giving her the interview pep talk. “All she had to do was be her, and she could do anything.” It was a kind of typical thing that mother’s would say, or aunts, but Moria held the advice close to her heart. She was worried about leaving her aunt in the care of another for the months they would be shooting if she got in, but her aunt insisted she tried. “Don’t even do it for me Mo, do it just for you! Think about what it could do for your career, go for it! And you must have fun, or don’t think about coming home.” Moria laughed. They had one last hug before she left for the studio.

Moria entered the studio with her portfolio clutched to her chest. ‘This is it.’ She thought.

She closed her eyes, brushing past the many other young hopefuls towards the intricately designed staircase. She smiled to herself at the thought that one day, one day she would be able to design such a piece. She was excited despite the heavy reason that brought her there, and her fun nature quickly sprouted when she was lead by a judge towards the interview room. She knocked and Moria entered in and grinned.

“Please, have a seat.” She sat. She looked around her and was amazed by the many art features in the room, she specifically looked at a certain painting on the right wall that reminded her of something.

“Moria Landing?” A man with a firm nonchalance voice asked. She looked at him, he was wearing a navy blue suit with a red tie, it suited him. She laughed at the thought. “Excuse me?” he looked annoyed. She understood, she couldn’t imagine how many people he had to interview for the show. She quickly spoke up,

“Yeah, that’s me! Sorry for randomly laughing, it's just that your suit looks quite dapper,” she added another grin. He nodded.

“Okay,” he went on to explain who he was and to introduce the rest of the crew. After grinning at all four of the directors she engaged them in conversation.

“Wasn’t it in Extreme India where this acrobat could twist his body into a ball and roll? That was awesome! I was so stunned, and that one girl who could sing every single song! It blew my mind!” She said with enthusiasm.

“Yeah, the last season was by far the most extreme for India. So you know this show?” Sariya replied.

She giggled. “Yeah, I was actually watching the adult one for a couple of seasons. It’s very cool,”

“So I take it then you’ve watched Extreme UK then?” She turned towards the british accent, grinning.

“Oh my! Extreme UK! The drama gets so heated, the talent is great! I mean I couldn’t look away,” she told him. “And I love Extreme Brazil! So much talent and culture, it’s amazing! And I--”

“Okay, we understand you’ve watched the show. I hope you understand we are running out of time, so please explain to us what makes you America’s most extreme teen?” Archie asked poignantly.

She sobered. This was serious now. She took a slow breath and held composure. ‘Are my nerves going to ruin my opportunity?’ She wondered. Her hands shaking slightly she took out her portfolio and scattered the pictures over the table before them all. She watched anxiously as they looked at them. Ariche then took one of the pictures of a sculpture she had made from glass, glass that she herself melted and handled, it was dangerous but it worked out beautifully; it was displaying a waterfall. Lloyd took one that she did of a dog made by recycled skateboards, she had to first glue the wood together, carve the shape out and then sandpaper the wood in order for it to get a smooth surface and to apply some detail. Once she saw they all were looking at her work, she spoke up,

“I am someone who is intensely invested in art. Not the typical painting type art, but physical and moving art. Anything extraordinary. I wouldn’t have applied for the show if I didn’t think I had something to add to it, but I know I do. I like being as creative as possible with my art. I’ve been making art since I was nine years old and sculptures since I was thirteen. I am the extreme artist,” she said this with a sort of peace of mind. That’s who she was. She couldn't stop thinking about what art to make, or what could be made into art, it was a part of her.

“So, wait, you are a Landing, do you know Carla Landing? The painter?” the judge asked her. She turned towards him in surprise. She nodded slowly.

“Yeah, she’s my mom,” They all looked at each other and at the painting she had seen earlier.

“Okay, thanks,” Archie said. “We’re out of time, so you may go,”

“I don’t do art like her though, I’m my own person. Can I quickly show you something? I brought one of my sculptures,”

“Fine,” he said.

“Here,” pulling it out from her jeans pocket, she brought out a pencil. The graphite on the top was a carving of a key and chain, it was tiny. “I did this when I was in detention last year for the first time, under the desk,” They did look fascinated. Before he told her to leave again she decided she would let herself out. She walked towards the glass doors.

“Have a great day, and thanks for your time!” she shouted cheerfuly out to them as she went out of the room, she had no idea what the outcome would be, but she was so excited she could hardly wait.
Last edited by Skydreamer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:15 pm
Craz says...

Jason Dillinger

Inhale.

Jason turned back for hopefully the last time in months to see is friends and family seeing him off in their own special way, a miniature show for the people that flowed in and out of the grand building as his more outspoken friends performed stunts off of his mom's minivan, who each proceeded to get scolded by his nit picky mom. No family was allowed inside, so as he turned away with a simple wave of his hand he figured out why. "All Extreme" was by far the top most popular TV show worldwide, and as Jason shouldered his way in to find some breathing room he saw just how desperate people were for their fifteen minutes of fame. Jason was relatively used to competition, but he couldn't help but feel slightly insignificant compared to everyone else.

He received his number and proceeded to pin it to his shirt, and found a spot on the side of the stairs to lean against. He made sure to ignore the people that walked back down, every now and then glancing down at his wrist to check the time. He wasn't an easily agitated person, but the noise was numbing in the echoing room and he could barely hear the voice of the woman who was announcing numbers. When he finally heard his number, he maneuvered around through the crowd and began to walk upstairs.

One hour, forty-two minutes and three seconds. All for a five minute interview that could change his life.

Once he was checked off as present he walked down the colorful hallway to the interview room. Inside were four judges that he vaguely recognized, and when one offered him a seat he took it.

A sharply dressed man glanced down at a sheaf of papers that were no doubt Jason's application papers, and then glanced up under the rim of his glasses and said, "Jason Dillinger, if I am correct?"

"You are." Jason said, nodding his head slightly. Each of the directors introduced themselves, and he promptly shook hands with each.

"So, Jason," The director that introduced himself as head of All Extreme USA said, "What makes you different from everyone else in that room downstairs, that you can be America's next Most Extreme?"

"I am a professional acrobat, aerialist, and performer for Cirque Du Soleil. My family is apart of a smaller traveling circus, so I was raised in it and it's my life."

"What shows have you performed in, Mr.Dillinger?" The British director stated.

"Well, the later ones I've done is the show Ovo, which was toured in Australia and the United States. I have also done O in Las Vegas and I have performed in the movie World's Away."

They nodded, and then finally the US director stood to shake Jason's hand. "We'll be in touch." Was all he said, and then Jason was walking back down the stairs and out the door to his hotel room. Since his family couldn't afford to do more than one trip, Jason was alone until they called him however many days later. He plopped down on the bed, staring at the dingy white ceiling.

Exhale.

Spoiler! :
If any of you guys want to see what he's talking about:

The show Ovo
World's Away
The show O
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 am
littleauthor says...

Noah Scott

Noah sat in the dark brown plastic chair next to his sister. He nervously tapped his foot against the floor rapidly hold his camera close to his chest.

"How much longer?" Noah asked his mother who was looking though a magizine to the left of him.

"About 15 minutes sweety," She replied not looking up. "Why don't you take some pictures or something."

"The light isn't good." But was a lie. The light was perfect in there, Noah was just so nervous he couldn't hold his hands still.

Noah looked over at Keigan who was braiding and un-braiding her long hair. She looked more nervous than him self. Noah reached over and put a hand on her knee and she relaxed.

"Your going to do fine Keigan." He whispered. She stared him down with her wild green eyes that were exactly like his own. Keigan shrgged and flung her long hair over her shoulder.

Noah returned to inspecting his camera as he watched a tall man open the large door that lead to the interview.

"Noah Scott?" He said looking around the room reading off a clip board.

Noah got up slowly and kissed his mother before heading off with his camera slung over his shoulder.

Noah barely could listen as the interviewers said their names. He smiled polietly and shook their hands before begining to tell his story.

"I was about 5 or 6 when I discovered photography in my parents library, and I've been hooked ever since." Noah said as he started to show them his photos. The interviews nodded in satifaction.

"We'll keep you posted." A british one said before the tall man lead Noah out into the waiting room.

Noah sat down heavily as he watched Keigan stare at him in terror.

Keigan Scott

"Keigan Scott." The man said as Keigan stood quickly. She tried to look as confident as she could before walking into the room.

She listened quietly as they introduced them self. She smiled warmly and straightened her lace dress before standing to tell her story.

"I stared gymnastic's when I was two. I was never the smartest kid at school, but when it comes to gymnastics, I feel like I can do anything." Keigan continued her story and watched the interviewers reactions as she continued. She showed them a clip of herself at the olimpics and sat back down pulling the pink lace back over her knee's like her mother taught her.

"Thank you Keigan, We'll keep you and your brother posted." A british one said smiling kindly at her. Keigan nodded and stood while being led out by the man who let her in.

She nodded at her mother as she had a worried look on her face. She smiled and out she walked with Noah and her mother. They walked silently towards their grey beatle.

"Shot gun!" Noah said walking quickly towards the car his tie flying in the wind. Keigan groaned and climbed in the back.

"Keigan you drive, I'll sit in the back." Her mother said poking her head though the door. Keigan smiled and hopped in the front.

"Who wins now?" She said mockingly starting the engine. Her brother groaned as she pulled out of the parking lot taking off the annoying high-heels as she did.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm
TheAlibi says...

We can go to the mansion now...

Jerica Pipper
Parkour: The Mansion

The cameramen were the first thing Jerica saw, even though a mansion towered over them. Jerica had grown up with money, but as she looked now, she realized how small her world once was. Back home, she'd believed her parents to be the height of society.

Jerica swallowed at the size of the house.

The sweat on the back of her legs made her skin stick to the leather seat of the limousine, even though air conditioning poured through the vents. The limo driver was playing soft country music from the front of the car, and turned it down when they pulled up to the front of the mansion. She waited as the chauffeur pulled open the door for her, and she stepped alone out of the limo.

Jerica put on a big smile, waving at the cameras and giving a double thumbs up to another as he followed her into the big mansion. She was here to win, and likability would keep her on the show.

"Welcome to the mansion Jerica," Lloyd Duncan, the UK director Jerica remembered from the interviews, stuck out his hand as soon as she entered the main foyer, "I'm going to be your host for the show."

"Thanks for the welcome, it's awesome to be here!" Jerica's comment was genuine, the first- and likely last- of it's kind.

"If you follow me right through here, I'll show you to the main sitting room with the other candidates," Lloyd gave her a big smile, and lead her through a white parlor into a large sitting room. Jerica noticed the other three directors towards one corner of the room, away from the sight of the cameras.

"We can all introduce ourselves once the rest of the crew gets here." Lloyd's camera smile was starting to get on Jerica's nerves. It was like he had transformed himself since the interviews into a humble and likable person.

Ten chairs were set up in the room and a few candidates were already seated in a large half circle. They looked at her, and she gave a big wave, which was returned with nods and smiles. As she sat down, Lloyd swept out out of the room and walked back towards the foyer.

Jerica stared around the room, looking out into the hallway for any sign of a space to practice once the opening ceremony was over. She desperately needed to get out of the outfit that the directors chose for her and into something a little easier to flip in. The romper was loose and a soft classy yellow, perfectly showing off her athletic frame with a plunging neckline and only shorts on her legs. Long sleeves had been chosen to cover her arms, which were marked with 'every kind of bruise and scratch Jerica could have possibly mustered up' in the week before the show. Looking around, Jerica saw the few other girls in the room were in gorgeous dresses.

Jerica tilted her chin up a little bit, determined to use this difference to her advantage. She took a deep breath, leaning against the back of her chair and throwing an arm over the back of the chair beside her.

"So what'd you do to land yourself in here," Jerica said, laughing softly and turning to the person beside her. From the corner of her eye, she saw a few cameras focus towards her as she spoke.

Note to self: words mean camera time.

Spoiler! :
Jerica's outfit, in case I didn't explain it well enough:

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:23 pm
littleauthor says...

Liam Scott

Noah sat in the limo next to his sister. He leg bounced in nervous excitement. He held Keigan's hand as the Limo stop in front of what could be a hotel.

"Ready?" He asked Keigan who was staring at the back of the chair in front of her.

"No, but I gotta do it anyways." She said pulling her self out of the car. Noah followed and smiled kindly at camera. Keigan was waving sweetly in front of him as she walked gracefully towards the mansion. Noah followed her inside to be introduced to the host.

"Welcome to the mansion Noah and Keigan," Lloyd Duncan, the UK director Noah remembered from the interviews, stuck out his hand as soon as he entered the main foyer, "I'm going to be your host for the show."

"Thanks it great to be here." Noah replied shaking his hand.

"This place is beautiful." Keigan said after as he lightly kissed her hand.

"If you follow me right through here, I'll show you to the main sitting room with the other candidates," Lloyd gave him a big smile, and lead him through a white parlor into a large sitting room. Noah noticed a couple of the other directors in the back of the room and smiled politely in their way.

Noah sat in one of the chairs and Keigan sat next to him straightening out her dress.

Keigan Scott

Keigan quickly brushed off her dress as she noticed that a really cute guy was sitting right next to her. She smiled at the rest of the people as a camera zoomed in on a girl in a yellow dress.

"I'm Keigan," She finally said to the boy next to her.

"I'm Jason." He said giving her a lopsided smile. Keigan smiled back as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "What are you here for?"

"I'm a gymnast." Keigan replied looking into his dark eyes.

"Really, I'm an acrobat." He said smiling bigger.

"Cool, we should maybe hang out after we finish all this beginning stuff."

"Yeah, we should." Jason said leaning back into his chair. Keigan never noticed how close they where or how the camera's were pointed straight at them. She winked at one and then settled back into her chair.

"What was that all about?" Noah asked messing with his tie.

"Just making friends." Keigan replied with a huge smiled on her face. Noah sighed and went back to tapping his foot.

Spoiler! :
Keigan's dress -->Image
Noah's suit, and him. -->ImageImage
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 pm
StoneHeart says...

"Look, Ryan! You have to do this!"

Ryan rolled his eyes up at Tristan, his football coach," so I'd be in it for the money, and you'd be in it for the fame? Right?" slowly he rolled over and stood, dusting his palms off on his jeans.

Tristan had a terrible habit of tripping people to get their attention.

Tristan shrugged, his black eyes twinkling," I need the fame, you need the money!" he said easily, stepping back a step," Plus, you'd be getting yourself a fair share of fame in the process."

Ryan sighed. Extreme Teens wasn't something he particularly wanted. But when Tristan wanted something he would do a lot to get it." I dunno man," he said," looking up at his house." I could ask my mom about it, but . . ."

Tristan smiled," don't worry, she'll be fine with it! Imagine how much money you could get from this! One MILLION dollars!"

Ryan couldn't help it. His face split into a wide grin," yep, I can just see you with a million dollars. Knowing you, you'd probably eat the stuff!" he shook his head and glanced uncomfortably back up at the little white house that he called home.

Tristan chuckled and gave him a friendly shove," and don't worry! You're the MOST extreme teen in the world."

His mother deserved better than that house. She deserved a lot better. Maybe this was his chance? One go! Make it big, and then settle for smaller when he was done . . .

"And Ryan," Tristan said suddenly, his face going serious," this chance won't be presenting itself again!"

Ryan shook his head, smiling wide." I'll ask her!"

That had been three weeks ago, and now Ryan stood, being ushered up into the judges room. He had made it this far and was determined to make the impression he needed to to pass.

Inside, the panel of four judges introduced themselves quickly and pointedly, making it obvious that they'd done this a million times before and were dead bored about it.

Loosen up, just get a name-tag and save some air, he grumbled to himself.

"Your name, sir?" the man who had introduced himself as some Extreme somebody or other from the UK said.

"Ryan," he said, straightening up tall, his mind flitting back to his mother and Tristan waiting outside," Ryan Kelsey!"

"And what," said a well-rounded man with a sickeningly droning Texan accent," makes you think you are the most Extreme Teen in the world?"

Ryan just managed to keep from grinning," I thought this was only judging those of us from the states only?" he said.

The man rolled his eyes," same thing."

Three pointed glared turned on him, but he ignored them.

"I," Ryan continued," think that I am the most Extreme Teen in the . . . er, worl- no, States- because," He paused,I should really have worked on my wording!," Well, I started playing sports when I was just a really little kid, and uh," nervousness began seeping into his mind," according to pretty much everybody I know, I'm pretty good."

The bald man didn't look impressed," go on."

Ryan shifted nervously, these people didn't take kids in out of pity," well sir, if you look at the information I'm certain you have somewhere around you, you'll see a lot of statistics that show I'm pretty darn good. I'm pretty sure Tristan sent you some videos.

The judge glanced at a monitor lying on the desk next to him," er, yes. He did." he muttered. He glanced at the other judges and shrugged slightly.

Then he turned back to Ryan," you may go now! We'll contact you if you make it."

Ryan took a deep breath and nodded, that went sloppy. Slowly he turned and left the room. Tristan had promised him that everything he'd sent the judges would be more than enough to get them to let him in.

He hadn't actually shown him anything though.

Some Time Later.

The mansion, was Ryan had to admit, impressive. To someone who had grown up in poverty, it was EXTREMELY impressive.

Muttering to himself uncomfortably he paced up the wide stairs to the doorway, glancing back only once to see his mother and Tristan waving up at him. He was alone from here on out.

He would be watched constantly.

He'd be asked questions.

They'd want to see what he could do.

For his mothers sake, yes, he could do it. He glanced one last time down at her, her long grey hair falling beautifully about her tired, thin face, looking up at him from in front of the crowd of reporters.

He gave her a final wave, and slipping into the cool main room of the mansion, paced across the marble floor to a chair and dropped into it. He could get to know people later. Right now he had to face reporters.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 am
Skydreamer says...

Moria
The Mansion

Moria held on to her seat for dear life as the limousine pulled away from the airport. She was going to miss her Aunt so much. Her life so much, everything has been taken away from her, her canvas, her art room, her life. But, she straightened up and sighed, this would be her new life.

In front of the entire world.

As the limo cruised on and on, she watched the scenery that was calling to her from the window, it was filled with many beautiful features. 'Maybe I'll get something to paint,' she thought. She watched as the limo turned towards a beautiful country-side, and she gasped at the vineyards she saw and the gorgeous flowers that colored the valley. She could not wait to see what the mansion looked like. In a few more moments, she was there. She closed her eyes for dramatic effect and did not open them until she heard the car door open slowly for her, her heart was beating out of her chest and leg first, she stepped out of the car.

The wind wiped her small summer-dress in a whirl and she set it down with her hand and opened her eyes,

"Oh my goodness!!" she shouted with an enormous grin. "This is absolutely amazing," she added on a more softer tone of just sheer amazement. The mansion was beautiful and filled with vibrant colors, she especially loved the light blue window panels that held contrast with the light tan orange walls. She was stunned to say the least, she continued to stare with her mouth open. Loyd was laughing as he came towards her and took her hand and kissed it lightly. She was surprised and smiled at him sheepishly.

"Welcome, I see you'll like it here," she laughed at his formality, she missed the him she saw in the boardroom who was excited to know she had watched his show.

"I most definitely will," she said, suddenly aware of the cameramen sprawled across the place. She smiled confidently at them and at Loyd, she was here, time to do this. He led her toward the mansion and she was starting to get a bit nervous, she looked down at the light blue butterfly print she had added to a black tube top; a dress she designed and made herself, and sighed, she was probably the only one in summer causal attire she guessed.

When she arrived in the mansion though she found out that a few of them were wearing more causal attire, and some were wearing fancy clothes, what a contrast! 'There should have been some type of dress code' she thought laughing slightly to herself. She then saw the ten chairs set up for everyone, she wondered what exactly to do. She turned to Loyd who was now nowhere near her, and she indeed had a slight panic standing there staring at everyone not knowing what exactly to do. Whenever she was extremely nervous she could psych herself out.

She ran her hands through her thick shiny grey shoulder length hair with one hand, picking on the bottom of her dress with the other. Some other people entered behind her, she watched them go and sit, it was a boy and a girl, they looked like siblings. She decided then, since that's what everyone was doing she should probably do the same thing. It seemed a little weird to her but, she figured there was a reason for it, she randomly picked a chair and sat.

Spoiler! :
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:10 pm
Craz says...

Jason Dillinger - Mansion

Jason tapped his fingers nervously on his knee, occasionally bouncing up and down as he glanced anxiously out of the window. He was shocked into silence when they had called him, telling him that in three days time they have people come to his hotel to pick him up. Then right afterwards he called his folks, and listened as they laughed and cried.

Now, he was listening to soft country music and sitting on the sleek interior of a limousine, awaiting for the mansion that would surely come into view at any second now. He adjusted his tie and swatted imaginary dust off of himself, taking a deep breath. This wasn't too different from when he had to perform; all he had to do was perform for three weeks straight. He'd been through worse.

Through beautiful lines of grape yards appeared a great Spain inspired mansion, with a creamy sunset orange exterior and turquoise shutters. Freshly trimmed bushes and trees decorated the wide turn around, which the driver pulled onto. Jason took another deep breath, glanced at the team of cameramen lined and ready, and fixed his tie once again.

Here we go.

Jason burst out of the limousine, running into the director before he could say anything and collecting him in a brief hug. Jason clasped the director's hand after he let go, and out of the corner of his eye he saw a camera zero in on the exchange, which he gave his best toothy smile. Lloyd Duncan seemed a little caught off guard, but quickly regained his posture and said, "Well, it seems that you sure are excited to be here, Jason. Welcome to the mansion."

"Great to be here." This he said to both Lloyd and the camera, broadening his smile once again.

"Follow me to the main sitting room, where the rest of the candidates are." He ushered Jason into the mansion, the same cameraman following. Inside the other candidates were sat at a round table, but Jason was glad to see he wasn't the last one in the room. He chose the first one he saw, and a few moments later two more arrived, who looked like siblings.

They sat next to him, the girl turning to introduce herself. "I'm Keigan."

"I'm Jason." He said, smiling politely at her as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "What are you here for?"

"I'm a gymnast." She said, looking at him. A gymnast was somewhat like what he did, though minus the face paint and outfits. Jason's smile broadened as he said, "Really, I'm an acrobat."

"Cool, we should maybe hang out after we finish all this beginning stuff."

"Yeah, we should." She said, then turned to wink at one of the many cameras that had captured their short exchange. Jason turned away from her also, smiling into the camera. A few more people came in and when Lloyd finally came back, this time he was alone.

The cameras swiveled to him as he said, "Are you enjoying yourselves, everyone?"

The candidates nodded and voiced their agreement. "Well, before you get too comfortable, I have your first challenge."

Spoiler! :
Jason's outfit, without the hat:
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Reviews: 3
Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm
View Likes
TheAlibi says...

Jerica Pipper
The Mansion rooftop

"God, I wish I had my camera right now, look at that view..." The boy I was paired with stopped for a moment to look out over the hills that stretched eastward past the mansion. I took a few deep breaths as he admired the view, trying not to rush him. Impatience wouldn't look good on camera.

"So now I bet you're glad I dragged you up here," I said, raising an eyebrow and continuing to look around for a break in the stone construction of the mansion. I was sure-so sure-that they would put my item up here.

"Or maybe it's too obvious," He raised an eyebrow, looking at me. I felt my cheeks grow hot for a moment, and turned away from the camera I could feel pointed at my face.

"I don't think so." I spoke quickly, searching the rooftop one last time.

My eyes caught something behind a rise in the stone, and I walked towards it, Noah following close behind me. He bent down to pick up a small artist's package- sculpting tools, paint, brushes, and things I couldn't decipher a purpose for.

"One of the other people is an artist..." I said, looking at the package, "that must be hers."

Noah spoke almost rhetorically, "She can't win the show without it." I didn't understand the purpose behind his words, whether he wanted to throw the brushes off the roof or hand them to her with silver ribbon.

For a moment, the power phased me, as I realized we held the fate of another contestant in our hands. Then my mind returned to the cameras watching our move, waiting to see how we'd react.

"We should bring it down to ground level," I spoke suddenly, looking at the camera, "she'd never look up here, and we can't put someone out this early in the game."

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale