Young Writers Society

The Grande Mission (Open--accepting)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Spoiler! :
This is an Open Storybook. I'm hoping to have this one last longer than the others so...Here it goes. XD

After the Trojan war ended, not all the Greeks enjoyed a pleasant homecoming. King Agamemnon went home to his Queen, the evil Clytemnestra – and while he was relaxing in his bath, she plunged a dagger into him. The cleverest of the Greeks, wily, red-headed Odysseus spent ten more years sailing home to his lovely Queen Penelope. When we last left Odysseus, his ship had been wrecked by a storm. All his crew were drowned, but he was washed up on shore, half dead. He managed to crawl to some bushes by the mouth of the river, and there he fell into a deep sleep.

The island was ruled by a wealthy, seafaring people. It just so happened that the King’s daughter – the lovely Nausicaa – had come down to the river with her maids. They were all playing with a ball , and one time it splashed into a swirling pool of the river. The maids shrieked with laughter, and their cries awoke the sleeping warrior.

He clambered out of the bushes, covering his naked, sea-tossed body with leafy branches. The servant girls let out squeals when they saw him – but Princess Nausicaa calmly asked him who he was and how he came to be there.

The stranger replied, “Princess. Your beauty is so great – are you a goddess or a mere mortal? In either case, I stand here at your mercy. My ship was wrecked in the great storm last night. My crew are drowned and I have lost everything.”

For once, the long-suffering Odysseus was in luck. The people of the island respected all who risked their lives at sea. The Princess led the stranger to her father. When the king learned that their guest was Lord Odysseus on his way home from Troy, he prepared a great feast in his honour. Then he ordered a ship to be made ready to take him home. He filled a sea chest for him with rich gifts – sumptuous robes, a golden cauldron, and a handful of jewels.

The ship carried Odysseus home to his rocky kingdom on the island of Ithaca. After 20 years away, he was far from certain what sort of welcome he would receive and so he asked to be put on shore in a quiet harbour, away from the town. There he hid his sea chest in a secret cave and wrapped himself in beggar’s rags. Wearing this disguise, he climbed up a rough path. He came to the part of the island where pigs were kept. As he approached the hut of the pigs’ keeper, some fierce dogs rushed out at him. They were about to tear at his limbs – a fine welcome home – but just in time the keeper appeared and called them off.

“You should be more careful,” he scolded, “for the gods would be angry with me if my dogs ripped apart an innocent stranger – if you are, indeed, an innocent stranger.”

Odysseus recognised the man as his old servant, Eumaeus. He was a good man, and he honoured the Greek tradition of giving food and shelter to strangers. In fact, in the Greek language there was just one word for both stranger and guest – because all strangers should be honoured as guests . That night the two men sat up talking. Eumaeus explained that his master was King Odysseus who had been away for twenty long years, and was almost certainly dead by now, but his loyal wife Queen Penelope would not believe it. Now his palace was full of scoundrels who ate his food and drank his wine. They demanded that Penelope pick one of them to marry but she refused. She told them that she could not marry until she had finished sewing her wedding dress. She worked all day and every night she unpicked her work, so that it was never done.

Her son, Prince Telemachus, had taken a ship and gone in search of his father – but he had found no news. He was expected back any day now. The suitors of Penelope had set up a watch down at the harbour, and they planned to ambush and murder him on the road to the palace.

myth.gif
myth.gif (15.7 KiB) Viewed 917 times

Your job is to stop the suitors from murdering Prince Telemachus. Before the prince had came back, he got stranded on an island. The island is home to many creatures. Things that only demigods can survive. Zeus has sent out each of his brother's and sister's children (Daughters or Sons children also), in search for the Prince and to bring him back to land safely. But the trick is that the suitors have taken a boat to the island, and are in search before you. Can you handle the challenge?

Slots:

Spoiler! :
Children of:

Zeus(2):
- fictionfanatic
- jordin
Athena (2):
- Liv
-
Aphrodite (1):
-Taken ~ KatieHalltiner.

Posideon: (1)
- BlackNether12

Ares (2):
- LouisCypher
-

Hades (1)
- Liv

Artemis (1)
-Fictionfanatic

Apollo(1)
-DarknecrosisX

Rules:
Spoiler! :
- Stay Active. Don't join if you don't have time.
- No sex. *Romance allowed.*
- Usual Storybook Rules.
-Whatever the manager and I say, goes.

Template:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Parent:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Picture/description[/b]:
[b]Power[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:

DT: A Grande Mission DT
Last edited by PixieStix on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:50 am
Liv says...

Can I reserve Hades and Poseidon?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 am
fictionfanatic says...

Could I reserve Artemis and a Zeus, please? I'll have the profiles in ASAP!!
Live, Love, Laugh

125 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 am
PixieStix says...

Sure! On the side, just reserve a profile where it says- "Add character."

125 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 am
PixieStix says...

And Ignorance, Poseidon is already reserved. Sorry!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:10 am
Liv says...

...when you said Ignorance did you mean me? Because you also put Ignorance down for Hades' spot. And instead of Poseidon I'll take an Athena

125 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:33 am
PixieStix says...

Oh! *facepalm*

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Would it be possible for me to play a child of Apollo? I assumed he would be mentioned.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Caesar says...

Reserve son of Ares.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

125 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:05 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Sure for the both of you.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:55 pm
View Likes
Jonathan says...

I edited my character. :)

Sorry Katie. :(
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

125 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:59 pm
PixieStix says...

It's fine!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:14 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out of the SB. My home network is having issues with loading the site, and therefore it would be pointless joining another storybook since I have to use other internet providers (and it's really not worth the effort).

Apologies
DNX
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 pm
thestorygirl says...

Daughter of Ares please!
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

125 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm
PixieStix says...

Rayah~ Battle Training

My eyes wonder across the vast field, my trainer trying to get me to focus. He throws a punch but I block it, grabbing his wrist and pulling it behind his back. He then kicks me from behind, causing me to fall backwards and land face-first. I moan and roll to look at the sky, sitting up.

"Never get destracted," he sighs, helping me up. My lip bleeding and my arm slashed, I take a deep breath and stand, nodding. Just then, a golden aura appears next to him, soon forming into a woman. Her long blonde hair flows delicately by her side, her white dress outlining the glow of her pale body.

"Greetings, mother," I wipe the sweat from my forehead, and she studies me.

"Zeus had sommoned us to his quarters. I must bring you," She says calmly. What? What is she talking about? I send her a confused look.

She gently grabs my wrists and transports us to the building. It's white structure always impresses me, and knowing that people have spent over one-hundred years with this under construction. I've always appreciated this.

She leads me inside, and I find that it isn't as busy as I thought it would be. There's one girl, that has natural beauty, and she automatically makes me feel like I'm just a regular demigod. Probrably a daughter of Artimis.

We finally get to the room and Aphrodite leaves me to myself, a couple of other people standing around as well. I lean against the wall, waiting for everyone else.

We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead