z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:34 am
NicoleBri says...

Well another one of my SB's.. I hope this one actually goes through. Here it begins.

Plot: Sitting in a cold dusty room, you wait and wait for someone to come and talk to you about something you have no clue about but were absolutely in need of attendance. Soon a fellow comes in, he is in a black suit with his head bent down,”Hello. Im Cal Jenson. I am inviting you to stay at my plantation for at least a year. Free.” you look at him like he is crazy but decide to take on the offer. “Sure. What’s the catch?” you ask. He smiles a little and looks at the ground. “It was built in 1756, many a years ago. Said to be haunted. People have also died there-” you cut him off a second and say,”Haunted???” Cal just looks at you for a moment then says,”That is why I need you there, and i’m letting you stay for free, if you do what i ask you.” Eyes wide you look shocked but still ask him what he needs you to do. “I need you to find out about what’s going on there, and solve the mystery for me. You won’t be alone. I have invited 14 other people to help you. Girls and boys whom I think could survive. Question is.. will you?”

Yall talk a little longer and you decide to accept his offer.

****This is about how many rooms yall have in the plantation. There is 20 rooms, some of yall will have to be room-mates, only 8 rooms are single beds. First come first serve. :)

Spoiler! :
Character slots:
1 Jorden Morris (winterbites)
2 Rheyalyn Creatrix (Wonder)
3 June (umaima)
4 Kamria Leigh (pandabear7)
5 James Rushmore (jordin)
6 Hanorah Lewis (Hanorah)
7 Megan Reyonld (TaylorLove)
8 Jameson Hemlock (VeerenVKS)
9 Nicholas Granger (pandabear7)
10 Dayna Thorion (ladcat13)
11 Ivan Summers (BlackNether12)
12 Rowan Smith (ShadowHunter)

*I need at least 8 people to begin.

Spoiler! :
Profile:
Name:
Age(17 and up please):
Appearance:
History:
Why you were chosen:
Other:

*The Plantation is in Northern California but deep into the woods, a 45 minute drive to any other house or store.

Please submit your character profile in the sidebar thingy. :) Thanks!
Last edited by NicoleBri on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 am, edited 18 times in total.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:42 pm
umaima says...

I am so joining :D
Last edited by umaima on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

46 Reviews

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm
NicoleBri says...

Hey umaima if you don't mind will you please put your character profile in the sidebar thingy lol, just copy and paste :)

- Ayn Rand

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 pm
winterbites says...

Posting for the notifs c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

46 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:51 am
NicoleBri says...

**First Post, Nicholas will be my next post**

Kamria Shamrock

After talking to Cal, he sort of disturbed me. His facial features were stern, It was as if he was worried as he was telling me about this plantation. "I can take on anything that is in front of me." I say only speaking to myself. I smiled as I thought about going to solve a crime. Others will be there, what might they think of me? Could we even get along? What would be there awaiting us? Will the place be empty when I get there or will Cal be there waiting? All of those questions were going through my mind.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of me being nervous. "Ha." I say aloud. Getting in my car, I seen Cal staring at me from the top of the building through glass, his office had been 2 stories up. "This is quite weird. I never thought I'd get to live in a big house..for free. I guess it isn't living when it is only for a year." I say to myself. I bet I looked stupid to others when they look at me.

Driving off, I seen another person, male, going into the building. "I wonder if I will see him there." I think to myself.

I got home, I had to pack my clothes, a lot! Just to go help others solve a mystery in a plantation. I shuddered at the thought, it really made no sense. The place wasn't far from where I lived, maybe an hour drive. Funny thing is, why have I never heard of this place, and why is it so closed off from everything else I know.

"Kamria, you shouldn't do this. You don't know the man, he could be trying to kill you or something." my mother said. She was trying to convince me not to go, she knows once my mind is made, it is over. "I'm going mother, I can finally prove to people I can handle my own. Besides, I'm not a little kid anymore." I say and walk over to my closet. She huffed and stomped off. "Wow that was easy." I say then laugh.

After the last of my clothes and other belongings were packed, I put it all in my car, no thanks to the parents. Then hauled ass to the big plantation. Ready to meet others and live with people besides my own family.

Getting there, it felt like it took forever. It was a big beautiful place. Some cars were already there. "Must be the people I will be staying with." I say aloud. I walked in and saw a few other people walking up steps. I had a few of my bags with me and walked up the stairs. I seen a door with a K on the front. As a matter of fact, they all had initials on it. I took the one with a K because that was an initial of my name. "Single king size bed!" I yell. It echoed. I'm pretty sure I don't have to share this with anyone.

Going back outside I got the rest of my bags and went to set up my new room.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:04 am
NicoleBri says...

Nicholas Granger (Nick)

I went home after talking with Cal. I told him I'd call him and give him an answer when I got home. It was just a lot to take in. I couldn't just leave my family to go live in a plantation with strangers. It seemed cool..but, I didn't really do the "new" things. I liked my life the way it was. My girlfriend Raylynn, well she didn't like what I told her when I found out. She threatened to break up with me, but I wasn't about to take her crap so I told her she was stupid and hung up on her.

We broke up. It wasn't a serious relationship so it didn't hurt that much. I smiled when I got home, deciding it was best to get out of town for a while, maybe do something fun for once in my life.

Ring, Ring

"Hello." Cal said.

"Yes, I'll do it." I told him.

I heard him chuckle on the other end.

"Good good, pack your bags and other things and start getting over there. I need you there pronto. As soon as I know most of you are there, I'll show up and talk to yall about what will go on." He says.

"Okay. Bye." I say, not meaning to be rude. He hung up too.

My mother or father wasn't about to know. I just packed my stuff while they were gone and I left. I had to admit I felt like I was doing an illegal thing, even though I'm old enough to do as I please. I drove for about 3 hours, I didn't get there until about 9 at night.

Is he really going to be out here this late, even at 3 if people are all here? I ask myself. I shrugged it off and walked inside. "Damn this place is huge." I say a little to loud. I looked around and seen a girl walking around, "Ma'am. Uh where do I go?" I ask. She kept walking like I didn't exist. She walked into another room, I followed her trying to talk to her but when I made it to the room she went in, she had disappeared.

I closed my eyes a minute. Then just took the stairs and followed it up one flight. There was another but I didn't feel like carrying everything up two flights of stairs. I seen the first room and just opened it. No one was in it so I took it.

"Well looks like I'll be sharing this room." I say and lay on the first bed.

- Ayn Rand

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

I have to say, Cal was a little strange. I have seen a lot worse, but he was still a little off. I cross my arms and lay back in the chair, a grin on my face when he starts to talk about the ghosts. "Oh, I see." I say. "Well, I have to say I was looking to get away from it all."

"Please, I need your help." Cal says.

I nod, a grin still on my face. I start to think this could all be in his head, like most people who think they see ghosts. Then again, my curiosity is getting the best of me. Plus, I do need a place to live right now. "Sure, I will help you." I tell him.

"Okay, go and pack your bags. I need you back here as soon as possible." Cal says.

I stand, my arms still crossed. "I just moved here, I have my bags with me." I say.

"Even better." He says. "Go get them and I will get you a room."

I nod and walk out to my car, I see a few cars out there. This could go great or horrible, but we will see. I grab my bags and head right back in to get a key to my room. I find Cal right where I left him and he hands me the key. "Thanks." I say. I find my room down the hallway and open the door. I find a room with two beds, but there is a guy laying in one of them. We both look at each other, not really knowing what to say. "Um, I think he gave me the wrong key."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

46 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:33 am
NicoleBri says...

Nick Granger

I was laying in the bed, when the door open. Another person came in, it was a girl. She looked at me a moment and said, "Um.. I think he gave me the wrong key." I shook my head and laughed. "No, it's supposed to be this way. It's fine, but you have to take the other bed." I say. She smiled and closed the door. "Do you need help?" I asked. "No, its fine, I got it." she replies. "I'm Nicholas but call me Nick." I say as I shake her empty hand. "I'm Meg." she says to me.

"Did you see a girl as you walked in? She had blondish color hair." I asked, talking about the girl I'd first seen when I got here, she just acted as though she didn't hear me and disappeared. "No, maybe it was another roommate?" Meg asked. I shook my head. "No, she just sort of moved without really taking steps, I just now realized, I might have just seen my first ghost." I reply.

Getting up, I went out the door and up to next floor, it was very quiet and eerie. Plus it was very cold up there. "Maybe it is ghost energy." I ask myself. I couldn't help but shake the feeling that someone was behind me, but when I looked.. no one was there. I hurried back down the stairs and went into a room that looked like a big ballroom. "This place is beautiful." I heard someone say. I turned to see Meg right behind me.

Thankfully it was just her. We took a tour of the house. I had these weird feelings all throughout, it just made me shudder under my skin. Maybe it was just me, but, I felt as though there was something bad about this place. I looked out a window and seen a lake behind it. "Look we can go swimming." Meg said as she looked out the window from behind me. "No definitely not." I say. If this place is as haunted as Cal said, anything could have happened here, I wasn't about to take any chance of people getting hurt.

- Ayn Rand

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:09 pm
umaima says...

"A haunted house? really? like as if it exists Cil" I said to a guy whom I barely knew. Now how would a person react if any random stranger just appears from no where and says you there is this haunted house in which you can stay for FREE? Weird

"First of all I am Cal not Cil and second yes it exists" Cal replied

"Look here mister, I am a prank master so if you think this is going to work then you are overdoing it and also Ghosts don't exist" I said to him. Seriously is this guy crazy?

"If you don't believe in ghosts then why not accept this offer? that way you can prove to me that you are right and I am wrong" smart and I have nothing to lose if I accept it so...

"Fine, when can I move in and how many others are going to be there?" I asked as curiously as I could be.

"You can move in right away and there are till now 8 more people"

As soon as he finished I took the address and left the Cafe in which we had the conversation. time for some adventure, I murmured to myself while packing my stuff. i took everything which looked important and headed to the so called 'haunted house'. when I entered I could see three faces looking in my direction.

"hey, I am June" I said

"Hey June I am Meg, this is Kamria and that is Nick" a soft spoken girl said heading towards me. i smiled at all of them while Meg and Kamria helped me with my luggage.

"thanks" I said them as we reached my new room. I went and layed of one of the beds and soon was asleep.

Spoiler! :
Is this alright?
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

46 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Yes ma'am it is! :)

- Ayn Rand

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm
ladcat13 says...

Profile: ladcat13's character

Name: Dayna Thorion

Age(17 and up please): 32, looks older than she is

Personality: She does not like the company of others. She is aloof and distant and keeps herself that way, even likes it. She is taciturn, meaning she doesn't talk much or even need to. A single glance from her can speak a thousand words, for when she removes the mask she is a powerful presence. But normally she is inscrutable and stony. She has solid ideals and is a virtuous person. She is not patient in the sense of tolerance of other people, but she is patient in the sense of watching and waiting. She always seems to know exactly when to act and when to let it go. She can make anything and everything turn out all right, if it suits her to do so. She is manipulative and pulls strings to get what she needs or what others need. Though she does not enjoy the company of others, that does not mean she is heartless. She is self-sacrificing, caring, and empathetic, once you get past the aloofness. Her one big flaw is that she is afraid of death, for she doesn't believe in anything past the grave. She has killed people, but never in cold blood, and their faces haunt her at night.

Appearance: Tallish for a woman, also broad-shouldered. She is not heavily muscled, but she is strong and wiry. She is also fast, faster and stronger than she looks. She doesn't put much stake on appearances, probably because she has them. She is not a beautiful woman, but she is certainly handsome. Her skin is deeply tanned, for she once lived in a southern climate. She also dealt with the dangers there, for there is an old scar on her face, a long thin one that begins at her temple, traces her cheekbone, then comes down and slices across her lip and ends a little below her lower lip. Her eyes are grey and stormy, almost silver. Her nose is straight and fine, but her cheekbones are a bit high. Her jaw is strong and stubborn. She normally wears leathers on top of her leggings and undershirt. She has a cloak that is rather weather-stained and worn, yet she doesn't seem to wear it in public. When she does wear the cloak, she can pull up the cowl so that it hides her face in shadow.

History: She doesn't talk much about what her life was before she came to the states and sought a new start. Here is a comprehensive history, gathered from bits and pieces that she dropped: she used to live in Argentina, where she lived rough and worked in the Andes. She hasn't even talked to her family for years and she left her small town to seek her own fortune. She worked in coffee or banana farms, in the jungle, where she gained many skills. She used these skills in application to a new job, as a scout for the military, more like a mercenary. She knew the jungle like the back of her hand, and she was its master. She met a unit of the American military when Argentina gave them permission to hunt down a drug ring on Argentinian soil. The Americans had been hunting these people for some time and did not want to lose them, so they enlisted Dayna to help them navigate the jungle. She was a key part in catching them, and when the mission succeeded, they invited her to come back to America with them. She accepted. But after that, no one knows what happened to her because she never, ever speaks of it. Something traumatic happened to her, and she came away with a service dog. No one knows what the dog is for, and she won't tell. But she needs it. That is what ended her career as a soldier and began her as a traveling mercenary.
Why you were chosen: She doesn't believe in ghosts or another world beyond the grave, which is why she is afraid of death. She also got the big guns, so to speak. Her special skills include: Use of a machete, an old-fashioned sling, a handgun, a semi-automatic machine gun, a rifle, Use of her own body as a weapon in martial arts, also skills in mapping, charting, navigation, survival, scouting, and a surprisingly accurate gauge of the weather. She is also a master of unseen and unheard movement and of subterfuge. For Christ's sake, she sleep with a machete under the mattress!

Other: She's going to play hard-to-get. But you can try after her, if you feel up tithe challenge. Here's a hint, author to author: if you get her to tell your character what happened in the US military, the event that handicapped her, then you can consider her heart yours. God have mercy on your soul if you break it. Good luck!
Last edited by ladcat13 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

120 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm
ladcat13 says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry I didn't join earlier than this! There's my character, I'll read the past posts then post something form my character later. For now, don't include her in your posts. She'll come in later.

But bleed from thorns

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

I walk around with Nick for a while and he tells me how he thought he saw a ghost. I am not one to believe things until I see them. While I am thinking about the whole thing, a new girl comes in. "Hey, I am June." She says.

"Hey, June." I say. "I'm Meg and this is Kamria and Nick." As I help her with her bags, I see a girl walking down the other hallway. It is the same girl Nick described. I drop the bags and run after her. I run after her all the way until I get to the balcony and suddenly, I see her on the ground. I do not hesitate and jump over the balcony and land on my feet, unharmed.

I look all around me and cannot find her. I sigh, trying to catch my breath. I walk back inside and into my room, finding Nick unpacking. "What happened to you?" He asks.

"I tried to chase a ghost." I say, transferring my weight to my right hip.

"Wait, you saw her." He asks, taking a step closer.

I sigh and nod. "Yep."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

120 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm
ladcat13 says...

Dayna Thorion

Cal was an interesting character. I had seen his ad in the newspaper and been intrigued, so I'd called the number. A nomadic mercenary is a troublesome mercenary, so la policía seemed to think. It would be unfortunate to start off in America with a criminal record. A place to live, with a solid line of work, would be best for me.

So we had arranged to meet in a cafe in the city, to talk things over unofficially. That was how I did things: unofficially. I left my things in the motel, aside from my handgun and my wallet. A machete, however comforting and familiar a weapon, was also a message to the public that said: terrorist!Crackpot!. A handgun and a knife, at least, are easily hidden. My motorbike purred invitingly as I straddled it and slid on my helmet. I'd spent the money from my last job on that, for it was more convenient for a traveler than a car was.

Cal and I had a nice long talk over lunch. He looked the part, but I noticed the lines around his mouth and eyes, and his nervous, tired demeanor. I attributed this to the "problem" on his plantation. I knew there were no such things as ghosts, or espectros, as they were called. Apparently Cal did not know. I did could not fathom what to attribute his stories to. Maybe teenage pranks, or hallucinations. If he wanted relief from the haunts, then I might hardly even have to do any work. Cal would probably just be glad to have someone beside him who knew how to use a weapon. I would be that person. I would frighten away the boogie monster, along with the other people he was hiring, get paid, and be on my way to the next city after the full year was out. We shook hands over the table and I went back to the motel to gather my things.

I traveled light, as a general rule. My machete and my knives were carefully wrapped in oilcloth and strapped to my backpack. The handgun stayed in it's usual holster at my hip along with the extra clips. My other bag, I tied across the second seat on my bike. That was all I had, and all I needed. Sarge, my german sheperd and my service dog, knew what packing looked like. He whined in excitement as I did so. That night, I called Cal and we finalized the deal. I was gone the next morning, on my way to the plantation. Some may doubt my quick readiness to take a job from a total stranger, but I was a mercenary. Even better, a nomadic one.

A motorbike is somewhat faster and more convenient than a car, but when it comes to long trips they are severely lacking.Even Sarge, who sat in the second seat of the bike on top of my bag, was grouchy. I got there later in the evening than everyone else and I was in a terrible mood. I pulled into the lot next to his enormous mansion and parked my bike. Taking the helmet off, I didn't bother to fix my hair or put on my cloak. I just wanted a shower and a nap, and God have mercy on the soul of anyone who tried to stop me. Just as I swung out of the bike's seat and grabbed my bag, I saw the figure of a young woman sail out of a window and run several feet. She stopped, confused, as she seemed to realize that there was no longer anything to chase. She turned around and limped back towards the door, where a young man was looking after her wide-eyed. I stood with my bag and strode up the front steps toward the door. Sarge followed silently.
Last edited by ladcat13 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

But bleed from thorns

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm
Jonathan says...

Sorry for not posting I need notifis from here!
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green