z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:54 am
View Likes
ShadowHunter says...

When I wake up in the morning, my upper body is so sore that I can't move for a few minutes. When I have relaxed my muscles enough that I can sit up, I grab my sword and head outside, knowing that the only way I will feel better and the only way to get better, is to practice.

After a few hours, I am lose and my arms are protesting the right of the sword, so I go back up to my room and put the sword in a corner before I get out my slingbacks and my iPhone. I flick through the sounds as I put my shoes on until I come to the one I want.

The first few bars of "Hallelujah" by... start to float through the air. I turn the volume down so that I don't disturb anyone. I get up and place the phone on my dresser and restart the music.

I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

I leaped and twirled to the music, losing all of my barriers. I could feel myself becoming more fluid as I moved. I pushed away from an invisible force and leaped to the ground.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

I knew I was crying, and I didn't care. I rolled around on the ground before doing a shin-raise to my feet. the song continued on, and my tears were flowing freely by the end. This one dance always made me sob, no matter what, it was the only solo my mother had choreographed for me, and I would preform it for her on her birthday, every year.

As the very last Hallelujah faded out, I heard clapping from my door. I whirled around, unaware that someone had been watching me. I came face to face with a smiling Hanorah. Her smile quickly faded though when she saw my tear stained face. Realizing how I must look, I tried to erase all the evidence of my tears, to no avail.

'What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Nothing," I managed to choke out. Composing myself, I gave her a better answer.

"It's just the song and the dance, they remind me of someone very special to me that passed away a few years ago." I told her. She gave me a look of sympathy.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, desperate to change the subject.

"I was up when I heard the music, you did really well by the way." She told me.

"Thanks, I wasn't really expecting an audience." I told her, color rising to my cheeks. She smiles at me. I am about to ask her another question when we hear a loud banging at the door. We both look at each other questioningly as everyone else stumbles out of their rooms, yawning and bleary-eyed.

We walk down to the front entrance as a whole, but only Dayna, who is caring her weapons opens the door.

Standing on the porch is a strange man.

He looks up at us, then back down at a piece of paper in his hands, then back up at us.

"I was told to bring you some weapons?" He forms the statement as if he is not altogether positive that he should be handing them over to us.

Spoiler! :
dancer slingbacks, I don't know what they are really called, that's just what my studio calls them.

It is not the dark, but the unknown that we fear.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:46 pm
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

Ivan came down the stairs after Dayna,and quickly replyed to the man at the door.

'Yes thank you'It was the first time he ever said that,I was taken aback.

Everyone came downstairs to see what we had been given,most people went for Ak47s and other guns whereas I took a sword.

It was shining silver,the handle black and gold,it was a fine piece of work.Dayna and Ivan looked lovingly at the weapons,the others weren't too sure,but looked glad that they could protect themselves.

Everyone was shaken up with James death,know one really knew him,but the fact that someone had died put people off.

I looked at Row,who was hiding her tear stained face,I realised everyone had a secret that most people refused to tell.Daynas was her lovers death,Rows loss and even that night when Jorden was crying I could tell he wasn't telling us something.

The ghosts weren't the only mysteries,these people were too.

'Youre sure that that sword will keep you safe?'Dayna said looking at me.

'No,but I find a sword easier to handle'I replied.

She put an Ak47 in my hands.

'I don't want it'I pushed it back.

She pushed it back in my arms again.'A sword isnt enough protection,close combat is dangerous.This gun may be the difference between life and death,you don't know how many of those beasts there are'.

I looked deep into her eyes,she knew more about this stuff than I did.I nodded.

'If you say so sergeant,but it's my last resort.Do you realise how much noise these make?what if we shoot one and others hear?There would be a stampede of those things,close combat may be dangerous,but using guns are too'

The gun felt uncomfortable,so I threw it down and picked up a handgun and left Dayna to think about what I said
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:54 pm
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"This is so cool" I said surfing through the guns that were placed in front of me. I picked up one and pointed towards Ivan who stood just in front of me."How does this thing work though?"

Ivan caught my hand and positioned it down "Are you crazy? You shouldn't point it at someone unnecessarily" he says with frustration in his eyes.

Oh, my bad... "So what is this thing?" I asked him referring to something which was movable.

"Don't ah" He snatches the gun as I try to move that thing "Don't move that. It's called the trigger and is used for firing. Goodness you know nothing about guns do you?" he asks

"I have seen them before, I have some gun addicts in my family if that makes any sense but I never got a chance to play with it" I replied looking at the gun. Well yes, I have seen guns a million times but never had I seen them work, I wasn't too much into television because of my amazing family. Note the sarcasm. And nobody ever allowed me to touch them or watch my cousins use them. They thought it was too dangerous...Like anything would have been more dangerous than a drunk father.

"We don't play with guns June, people can die. This is real life June not a crime drama in which no matter where you position the gun the criminal dies" This is real life June Like I didn't know that...

"If you want the gun you need to be careful with it, no pointing it at humans" Dayna said still examining her guns and chuckling to herself. Like this was funny.

"Guys I can handle this okay, it's not like I am a kid or something" I said irritatedly.

Rowan and Jameson laugh from the back and I turn towards them.

"Yes you are, you are the youngest among us" Rowan says

"Okay that does not mean that I am a kid plus Hanorah is the same age as mine" I say defensively. This is all so frustrating, can't Van just give me the gun and we all can go and do our thing.

"I think you are" says Van loudly with a smirk

"I. Am. Not. A. Kid." I reply to his false remark. i can tolerate anything in this world but people calling me a kid. My whole face turns and red and my expression is like I am going to murder someone and then everyone breaks out laughing.

Ivan comes over and pats on my head and Dayna does the same. This is so embarrassing.

"Stop messing with her guys" Megan says and I really appreciate her for doing so "She is just a 'kid'" she continues...I take it back, the appreciating thing. Agh! Everyone chuckles again, I don't really find this funny you know.

"Anyways guys, getting serious. Both Hanorah and June need training with guns. Others, I guess know how to use them" James says as nick goes and starts surfing through the guns.

"June where are you going?" Meg asks me as she sees me leave the hall

"upstairs" I say and rush towards my room. I couldn't really stand there all the time. It was irritating to be the odd one out. Hanorah had gone in her room so I was the 'odd' one here. I don't really take jokes seriously but for some reason I was more than unhappy.

I heard footsteps coming towards me and someone saying "June don't go alone, we were joking. At least take a knife with you" but was I to stop. No.

I rushed towards my room but couldn't open the door. Great. It was like someone had locked it and then it hit me. Kamria. I walked forward towards Kamria's room. Maybe I could find something which could give me a hint about her strange behaviour.

As I reach her room and enter in I am welcomed by a cold breeze. Woah. This place was creepy. The window was open and the white curtains were too blown by the wind. The bed seemed like nobody had slept on it for days and everything looked like it wasn't touched from days. This is really weird.

I looked through the drawers, cupboards and everything that was present in the room but found nothing. I thought to leave the room and as I turned I saw something from the corner of my eye near the window. it was a note. I picked it up and it read

Save me. Kamria

I took that note and safely placed it in my pocket then suddenly when I was about to leave the room I felt like someone had caught my hand.

"What are you doing here" someone said. I turned back and saw Kamria facing me with dangerous eyes. Kamria? How could she...

"WHAT are you doing in my room June?" she questioned me again.

"I...umm.." Someone, anyone please save me now. I am so not good at lying "umm..I was..."

"June!" someone said busting the door open. I turned back following Kamria's eyes. Ivan. Thank goodness. "I have been looking for you everywhere. Look everyone was joking okay so don't mind it and take this knife" Kamria moves a step back when Ivan hands the knife over to me.

"Why is there salt on this thing" she says with fear in her eyes.

"I don't know but I really think me and Van should go now so you can grab some sleep and I feel sleepy too" I say grabbing the opportunity. I grab Ivan's hand and pull him out of the room.

"What was that about?" he asks me as we exit the room and close the door

"Nothing" I say "But I owe you for a lifetime" and I smile at him in spite the fact his eyes show utter confusion. He stops and looks down.

"What?" I ask "You are still catching my hand" he says. Oh shoot, this is again so embarrassing.

"Sorry" I say and walk forwards but he just smirks and stays back.

Spoiler! :
i read somewhere that ghosts are afraid of salt
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 pm
ladcat13 says...

Oh lord. I have just died and gone to heaven. I am supposed to be thirty-two years old, but I feel giddy as a schoolgirl. I stroke the Ak-47 lovingly, and load a clip. Now we're talking! We might actually have a fighting chance now. In fact, my brain is already whirring as I begin to concoct a battle plan.

I am so absorbed in it that I hardly notice the conversation, or the mean remark I made about June. The poor girl! I would go talk to her later. But looking around the room, I noticed a lot of people who obviously had no clue what to do with a gun. Ivan and I would have to establish some drills. Sarge looks around the room nervously. He is used to being around weapons and the smell of gunpowder doesn't bother him. But inexperience and guns is a new and dangerous thing. I take him to the side and we sit down quietly. I stroke him and fondle his ears, to calm him down. All the while, I am watching the room. Oh, we may have weapons now, but we still have a job ahead of us.

As I am thinking this, a howl rings from the woods outside. Another one answers, closer. everyone has frozen where they stand. A few minutes pass, and then we hear it again. Four howls, long and loud, sound from the fields outside the house. I signal everyone to get down, and they fall to the ground. Creeping slowly and quietly up to the windows, I put all the curtains down. Then I peek between them, and what I see sends shivers down my back. There are four massive black shapes out there, and their red eyes glow in the dark. They are sitting motionless in the fields only a quarter of a mile away, like sentinels. And then I realize that that's what they are. They are putting us under siege, and we are trapped in this place.

The whole night I spend trying to keep everyone calm and quiet. Panic is death right now. Nick and Ivan help me, and eventually we establish some order. Everyone goes to their rooms on the upper floors, taking a few day's worth of rations with them. The rations are to be stashed, in case we must close off the lower floors. Nick, Ivan, Hanorah, and I stay on the lower floors to supervise and keep watch. The root cellar and kitchen are full to the brim, and the beasts can't figure out how to cut off our water. But it seems that electricity is out. Great. Just... Great. We are now trapped in a house full of malevolent ghosts and crazy people, with savage supernatural beasts on the doorstep. We have no electricity and not much fuel for fires. Few if any of us know how to use the weapons we now have. We have limited ammunition. And what else is there to say? I consider calling the police. The FBI. The SWAT team. The whole freaking military! But then again, what would they say to me? What would I say to them? Most of us are underage. There may or may not be a whole army of beasts out there. Everything we have done so far is illegal under some bill or another. And ever since I was discharged, my whole career has been against the Geneva Convention.

How do I manage to get myself into these situations?

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

Random avatar

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 am
ShadowHunter says...

I won't touch the guns, won't even look at them. Every time I see them I get bad flashbacks. They are grating on my nerves so badly that I lash out on June. I feel terrible the second the words are out of my mouth, but I know they cant be unsaid, so I just stand there, silent.

When we hear the howls, Dayna tries to make me take an AK-47, but all I do is take a small handgun. The entire way up the stairs I hold it like it is poison, and to me it is. I know I must look like I have never held anything resembling a gum before in my life, but that's not true, I have held a gun, I have even shot someone.

The second I reach my room I hide my gun in a drawer and try my best to forget about it. At first I run through my sword drills again, but when that doesn't help, I dance again. For some reason, dancing is the only way for me to forget, the only way I can make the pain go away. When I dance, the world just melts away, and my life isn't so screwed up any more.

I dance until the skin on my toes comes off and I start to bleed, and then I dance a bit more. I dance until I am so weary I can't move another step.

I bandage up my feet, and flop into bed. As I'm drifting off to sleep, I promise myself that I won't shoot a gun, not ever again.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

Dayna,nick,ivan and I stayed on the ground floor awake,watching out the windows at the beasts.

I found it a strange coincidence that the electricity went out now,when we may have needed it the most.

I felt a guilty pleasure in having a gun,I normally wouldent care for guns,I was more a sword person,but I looked lovingly at it.

'Dayna,Ivan, I know basics about guns and how to shoot and aim,but I may need some lessons,I know I'm not the only one'I told them as I peaked outside the window,those evil eyes staring.

'Yes,your right June didn't even know what the trigger was'Ivan chuckled,it took me by surprise.

'Really?'i laughed.

'I think I may owe her an apology for calling her a kid'Dayna smirked.

'I can hear you!'June shouted from upstairs.

'Isnt it past your bedtime?You should be asleep young lady!'Nick laughed.

I felt bad but I laughed along as well,we were the same age after all.

'Hanorah is the same age as me!'She shouted back.'Hanorah,help me out please?'

I laughed even harder,everyone did too.

'Ok june I'm sorry,if anyone says any thing I'll shoot them'I laughed.

'You better,they deserve it!'Then she stayed silent.

'Aww,look at the big girl with her gun'Dayna smiled.

I took the handgun out.'Said it again grandma'

'Ohh'Nick laughed,Ivan joined in.

Dayna smiled whole heatedly,'well played,i hadn't expected that'.

We keep watch all night,the beast just sitting there,watching,waiting.They were smarter than I thought,too smart.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

"So much for solving the ghost mystery, now we have something even more crazy on our hands. A beast, that is not what I signed up for." I told Kamria. With Nick down stairs watching, she asked me if she could stay in here for the night.

"I did not know what I was getting myself into." She tells me.

I shrug. "I do not think any of us really knew. We were not really told a lot." I say.

"True. What do you think about this whole gun thing?" She asks. Kamria was like the little sister I never had, but always wanted.

I smile. "Not big deal. If you have not noticed, I am not like most girls. Guns, ghost, blood, monsters, they do not really scare me all that much." I tell her. "I pretty much grew up with it."

"Well there is one thing that you do have in common with most girls." She says. I tilt my head, really having no idea what she is talking about. She grunts, smiling. "Nick."

I sigh, smiling a little. "Oh, Nick." I say.

"Well, tell me about it." She says.

"I really do not know what is going on. We do like each other and he is really nice. I just hope it goes some where and is not every other relationship I have had." I say. I go and lay down in my bed, getting under the covers. Tonight Nick, Ivan, Dayna and Hanorah were keeping watch. I will have the next watch with Kamria, Jorden and June. I lay down in the bed and try to fall asleep.

About and hour later

Yep, I found a problem with this. You can here everything in this house. Everyone decides to yell back and forth to each other. I get up and go to the kitchen to get some water, bringing one of the journals with me. Nick sees me passing through the hallway and smile. "What are you still doing up?" He asks.

I laugh. "You guys are yelling at June. I can hear everything from the room." I say.

"Sorry." He says.

"No big deal." I kiss his cheek quickly and then I walk into the kitchen. I grab a glass of water and sitting down at the table. I read of Sarah's journals and she talks about how tragic her sister's death was. Every little detail was just breaking my heart, but no one really needs to know that. She never states what happened, but she tell how horrible it was. It really makes me upset to see how tragic her death was. I turn through the pages, deep into her story. "I can promise that I will figure out what happened to you." I tell her.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:08 pm
NicoleBri says...

Nick

Holding guns, was an amazing feeling. It made me feel a little stronger than I was. I smiled looking down at the gun. It might be small but every inch of that bullet that comes out, I know it hurts bad! I've actually been shot by a gun, I don't remember exactly what it was, but it hurt like bloody hell.

Me, Dayna, Ivan, and Hanorah were staying downstairs tonight to watch for those beasts. I think everyone is getting closer than they were, and I am happy to have friends like them.

All 4 of us sat downstairs having a good time and laughing about how June didn't know how to pull a trigger. It was a hilarious thing to talk about. "I think I may owe her an apology for calling her a kid." Dayna laughed.

"I can hear you!" June yelled from upstairs. We all busted out laughing again, I couldn't help but join in, "Isn't it past your bed time? You should be asleep young lady!" I yell to June.

The night went by slow but I don't think any of us were scared, at least not that I know of. Everyone down here tonight seemed like a tough person, they may have been through tough times but yet stay out strong.

"I just want yall to know, and I mean everyone even the people up stairs, I owe it to yall to keep yall alive no matter what the costs, I'm in it to the end and I will always be here to help yall" I say. Everyone got all serious and had a smile on their face, I think I even saw Ivan have a little tiny smile.

I looked over to the hall because I heard foot steps, it was Meg. "What are you still doing up?" I ask her. She laughed as she said, "You guys are yelling at June, I can hear everything from the room." She said. "Im sorry." I tell her. She kissed me on the cheek and said "No big deal." Then walks to the kitchen with what looks like a journal.

I sigh and walk over to the kitchen where she sits reading. We sit there an she reads me a few lines out of the journal.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:16 am
NicoleBri says...

Kamria's body (ghost)

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask looking at June. She turned around a little startled but said nothing. "WHAT are you doing in my room June?" I ask again edging closer.

"I ummm....ummm I was..." was all she got out. "June!" I heard someone say. Ivan. "I have been looking for you everywhere. Look everyone was joking okay so don't mind it and take this knife." I felt my noise burn and back away. "Why Is there salt on this thing?" June asked as they walked off.

I sighed after they left. Salt. Gross. That could have sooo blew my cover. I sat on the bed and just looked outside. Looks like they did something they weren't suppose too. I couldn't help but laugh. The beasts were actually harmless.. if your a ghost. "I will get my body back!" I heard a whisper but sort of a muttered scream. I looked over to the side of the bed, it was Kamria. "When will you learn to leave me alone? You will be dead soon!" I say to her.

She vanished. There was nothing she could do anymore, full moon is tomorrow.

Kamria

"I will get my body back!" I yelled to the ghost. It turned to me. Still weirded out seeing my own face look at me. "When will you learn to leave me alone? You will be dead soon anyway." It said to me. I couldn't handle this shit anymore so I vanished.

"Time to really get someone's attention." I say. I turned into a glowing ball, I knew no one could resist. I went through Junes room. She was laying on her bed trying to sleep. "Guys stop playing!" she yelled. When she looked up she screamed. I just was there and I moved away.

"You want me to follow you?" she asked. I just kept moving and she got out of bed. I led her to the basement. I knew I was safe down there. I took my form and she just stood there in freak mode.

"Ka--Kamria?" She asked. I nodded. Smiling I knew she could see me. "Yes. Help. Please. Weak. Dead. Tomorrow." Is all I could say before I vanished. I got to weak.

- Ayn Rand

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:36 pm
StoneHeart says...

|Ivan Summers|

Ivan watched as the sleek black car pulled up in front of the house. He sat on the porch, having just eaten a quick breakfast, and watched in silence as the car ground to a halt. Cal sure must have some good money, he muttered to himself, looking the vehicle over appreciatively.

Out of it stepped a tall, smiling, blonde haired man in a crisp grey suit. He looked up at Ivan and smiled, blindingly white teeth flashing,” good morning!” he said friendlyly,” Cal sent me over to deliver some, er,” he glanced at the trunk of the car,” guns and ammunition!”

Ivan slowly stood and nodded slightly,” good morning,” he grunted.” You can just set them on the porch for now.”

Walking over to the trunk of the car with the man, he helped him quickly unload the weapons. At some point, as he set a 12 guage shot-gun down, he saw Dayna grinning as she rocked a AR-15 back and forth in her arms. He nodded to her, and she just grinned wider.

“Okay, that's it!” the man said finally,” I've got to get going here!” He slammed the trunk shut.

Ivan nodded,” you wouldn't happen to have brought some blanks with you?”

He smiled again,” actually, I did!” stepping up to the front of the car he opened a side-door and pulled out an ammo case, then handed it to Ivan.” see ya!”

Ivan nodded, and setting the steel case down, watched as the man drove away. That was quick.

For ten minutes after that he was totally absorbed in examining the weapons. There were no extremely high power weapons (even Cal would have a hard time getting those), and no explosives, but what they had would do quite well.

Slowly he mentally catalogued what they had, practically having to tear an AK-47 out of Dayna's grasp. The rest of the occupant of the plantation watched as he quickly sorted through what they had and told them out loud what exactly they now possessed.” Two 12 gauge shotguns, two 8 gauge shotguns, two AK-47's, four AR-15's, a browning, and a bunch of small pistols and 22. rifles. We've got 600 shotgun rounds, about 10,000 .47 rounds for the AR's, AK's, and the browning, about 300 9. mil rounds, a few hundred for the 22's, and then about 200 50 cal bullets for the Desert Eagle there.” He shook his head, it was more guns than he'd ever seen before.

Slowly he raised his head to face them,” how many of you have shot a gun before?”

A few hands rose, but not many.

“How many of you know how to shoot a gun?” a few hands randomly rose, added onto muttering.

He sighed,” okay, well then! I'll understand that some of you won't want to use these weapons, but I have to advise you to at least carry one with you! Don't rely on other people to keep safe! Me and Dayna are going to have to show some of you how to use these guns. But we'll do that a bit later.”

“What then?” Jameson asked in background.

Ivan stood straighter,” then we've got to make a plan and get rid of these monsters. One of us is dead. Two of them are down. We can't risk another one of us getting eaten! After that, we'll find a way to appease the ghosts, but this has to come first!” Inside he asked himself again, what then?

Dayna nodded,” yeah, you can check these, er, guns out now if you want to, see if there are any of
them that you like, and then a little bit later we can start showing you how to use them.”

Some of the people stood back, complained, or left completely, but most of them surged forward to the guns and began to fool around with them.

Ivan sighed and scooping up one of the Eagles and an AR, loaded them and set them against the edge of the porch, close at hand.

“This is so cool!” June said, picking up a 22 and playfully pointing it at Ivan,” How does this thing work though?”

Ivan started and snatching the barrel of the rifle, pointed it down,” Are you crazy! Never point a gun at someone unnecessarily!” This was to be expected. He sighed inwardly, preparing to face the work ahead.

She didn't look the least put out, and suddenly began to fiddle around with the trigger,” So what is this thing?”

“Don't -Agh!” reaching out the snapped the rifle out of her hands,” Don't mess with that! It's called the trigger, and is used for firing,” he shook his head in disbelief,” Goodness you know nothing about
guns, do you?"

"I have seen them before, I have some gun-addicts in my family, if that makes any sense, but I never got a chance to play with one!” she seemed slightly backed down, but still excited.

Turning to the others he raised his hands for attention,” rule number one for these guns! No loading them until AFTER I've shown you how to use them!”

They nodded, and he turned back to June,”We don't play with guns June, people can die. This is real life, not a crime drama in which no matter where you position the gun the criminal dies!” She didn't look impressed. Well . . . that 'we' should have been a 'you'.

“If you want the gun then you have to be careful with it, no pointing it humans!” Dayna chuckled.

“Guys, I can handle this, okay. I'm not a kid or something!” June protested.

Rowan and Jameson chuckled.

“Yes you are!” Rowan said,” you're the youngest here!”

“Okay, that does not mean that I am a kid! Plus, Hanorah is the same age as I am," she retorted defensively.

Ivan chuckled,” you're still a kid. Relatively speaking.”

“I. Am. Not. A. Kid!” She retorted angrily, her face going red.

Ivan gave her a soft pat on the head. She shrugged him off.

“Stop messing with her, guys!” Meg said suddenly, walking up.” She's just a 'kid'!”

Chuckles rippled across the porch and June went even redder.

“Anyways guys, getting serious. Both Hanorah, June, and some of you others need to be shown how to use these things. These are big guns, not air rifles.” James said, losing a grin.

Ivan nodded, vaguely aware of June stalking away off. He should really probably go apologize to her and make up.

A minute later he sighed, and standing, followed her inside. He found her standing outside of just inside Kamria's room, Kamria facing her, an angry look on her face.

"I have been looking for you everywhere!" he said cheerfully," Look everyone was joking okay so don't mind it and take this knife." He held out a knife for her.

She raised an eyebrow," why's there salt on this thing?"

They headed back the porch.

Later that day.

We have to do this now, Ivan muttered under his breath, looking worriedly out the window at the dark shapes prowling about at the edge of the woods. If they couldn't solve this problem then they could at least neutralize it or protect themselves from it. But the others needed to know the basics.

Finally he nodded to himself. Night was fast approaching and they'd probably have to make a fire, seeing as the electricity was out. Anyway, they'd need to keep watch, and a fire would be a big help. There was at least half a dozen cords of wood stacked on one side of the house so that wouldn't be a problem.

He turned to everyone who'd wanted to go out and learn/ practice a bit on the guns.” Okay guys, we need to do this now or never! Me and Dayna are gonna be instructors, try to pay attention to what we say, you won't have the luxury of an instructor if you get pinned up in a corner by one of those things!”

Everyone muttered their agreement and then, each of them picking up their chosen weapon, filed out the front door after Ivan.

Out in front of the dimly lit house, Ivan picked up the ammo box of blanks and flipping it open, lay it on the porch.” Okay, so for now we're just going to be using blanks to get your technique right. For those of you who need it.”

He quickly showed them how to hold their individual weapons (Dayna stepping in to comment or help every now and then), and then lay down a few critical gun safety rules. After that he had them all line up on the gravelly parking lot and practice with blanks for a bit.

By then it was getting dark and the fire was lit.

“Okay!” he said, nodding satisfactorially as June finally fired her 22. without making it jerk,” time to move to live rounds! We stand in a line in front of the porch, each of you choose an opposing tree! I've got a can of paint over there, so put a small white spot in the middle of the tree! The smaller the target
the better!”

Nick muttered something about tree rights and then everyone did as he said. Next they loaded their guns with live rounds. They'd have to be careful doing this, they only had so much ammo.

“Okay, fire on your own mark!” he called,” But only one shot, and then you go check how well you did. I'll keep an eye on things. And remember to wait for everyone to have fired BEFORE you go and check!”

They all nodded, their faces completely serious, and got into line.” Remember!” he called,” look over the barrel, ignore the sights, line up the barrel with the target and squeeze the entire handle. Not just the trigger!”

Quickly he pointed his Eagle and squeezed the trigger. The gun roared and half of the white mark on his tree was torn away, the bullet not even stopping with the tree, simply going right through it. How'd you get your hands on this Cal!

He quickly noted Dayna's perfect AK shot, and then walked up and down the row of them as they slowly aimed and fired. They weren't very confident with themselves, a weakness to be expected.

Jameson was really pretty good, managing to hit his splotch of paint with a barreta.

Nick managed to hit the tree, but he kept trying to get his eye directly behind the barrel when aiming.

Hanorah accidentally had her AR on semi and blew the whole side of her tree's bark off.

June managed to hit very close to her mark, and for a first shot Ivan was quite impressed,” nice work,” he muttered over her shoulder.

Overall they did pretty well, but they'd need practice.

Finally he held up his hands for them to stop,” that's enough for tonight. We can't use too many bullets. We're going to be needing to keep watch. Nick, Dayna, me, and June'll take turns tonight! If there's any trouble then call for help! I'm on first watch!”

They all nodded and headed back for their rooms,” AND REMEMBER TO CLEAN AND PUT AWAY YOUR GUNS!” he called after them.

He watched as June smiled over her shoulder at him as she went into the house, and then sighing, dropped into a chair. They needed a plan. They needed it soon. The longer they waited, the greater risk they took!

Leaning his loaded AR up against the wall behind him, and laying the Eagle in his lap, he leaned back to think, his eyes staring into the light of the fire flickering in the middle of the parking lot.

The most dangerous things around were presently the monsters. Once they were safe from them they could move on and get the ghosts appeased. After that they could get their money and go back to their individual lives. He didn't try to think about what would happen to him, he wasn't going back to the Summers' mansion. Never.

And slowly a plan began to form.

Spoiler! :
Boring post :P Follow up from here . . . anybody want to come out and talk to him? Anything to happen this night? We could introduce a new kind of monster? We could straighten out the Kamria problem? Pranks?
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 pm
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Meg

Shooting guns gave me a rush. It reminded me of my times with my dad. He spent a lot of time in the police business so of course he knew how to shoot a gun. Growing up, I was a different kind of teen. Instead of begging my dad for new shoes or a new handbag, I wanted a new gun or any kind of weapon. I was very aware of the dangers in the world because of my parents profession, so I was always prepared.

While we were shooting the gun, all I could hear was my dad's voice telling me what to do. I inhale and exhale as the gun fires and hits in the dead center of the target. I smile, satisfied. "Yep, I still got it." I mumble. Ivan tells us who is next to keep watch and we all head back to our room.

Ivan sits in the living room watching the fire, clearly in deep thought. I head back to my room and clean my gun. I get a lot of flashback from when I was little with my father. I smile and put it inside my side table. I tilt my head up and find Nick there. I gasp, not knowing he was there. "Jumpy much?" He asks, smiling and sitting next to me.

"No, I just did not here you come in." I say, turning to face him.

He look at me and I smile. "Just making sure." He says.

I remembered my conversation with Kamria and how weird it was. "Can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Of course." He tells me.

"Okay. Well, every relationship I have had has ended up bad because something always happens and I am just worried it will happen that way again. Plus I do not really know what is going on between us...." I stop myself when I see him laughing. "What?" I ask.

"Your being crazy, stop worrying so much." He tells me, taking my hand.

I smile and nod. "I guess I can do that." I say, laughing a tad bit. We sit there for a moment and then an idea sparks in my head.

"What just popped into your head?" He askes.

"I want to do something mischievous." I tell him, a playful expression on my face. "Want to help?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"What have a gotten myself into?" He asks, laughing.
-Winnie the Pooh

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:49 pm
umaima says...

June Rutherford

In the evening Ivan lined us up for some basic training. For the first shot, I managed to hit very close to my mark. Which was totally unexpected. Yes, I was trying my best to not make a fool of myself and fortunately it worked.

"nice work" Ivan muttered over my shoulder and I just kept looking at him. If the next shot goes wrong then it will be totally his fault, I mean why does he have to look so amazing all the time?

Suddenly he breaks my stare saying "that's enough for tonight. We can't use too many bullets. We're going to be needing to keep watch. Nick, Dayna, me, and June'll take turns tonight! If there's any trouble then call for help! I'm on first watch!” Oh great!

Then again he shouted from the back "AND REMEMBER TO CLEAN AND PUT AWAY YOUR GUNS!” I smiled at him and I wanted to say Don't take so much tension Van, the monsters won't eat us or something, but of course I didn't. He looked like he could use some quality thinking time so i decided to give him some and headed back to my room.

I was lying comfortably on my bed and enjoying some music. Right now this haunted house really feels so cool. Coming here wasn't a bad decision... It was actually the best one I had taken yet. I smiled like an idiot to myself.

The nest thing that happened was what I never thought of. there was this white thing in front of me. Kind of like what I saw in the movie 'Brave'. Without thinking I got up and followed it. it was so beautiful that anyone would and what if it led me to a very big secret?

That thing led me to the basement. Typical. So I carefully examined the place, nothing out of ordinary here. My shirt got stuck in a nail and when I turned after taking it out I was thunderstruck. A shiver went from my spine straight to my neck

"Kam...Kamria" This can't be her, she looks like she is about to die or something and there is this white light around her...She nodded. SHE NODDED. S-H-E N-O-D-D-E-D.
'Calm down June, you are freaking out' I said to myself.

"Yes. Help. Please. Weak. Dead. Tomorrow" Is all I heard her say and then she vanished. Okay June, deep breathe. Take a deep breathe. So if this is the real Kamria then Kamria isn't Kamria? What the hell?

I sat down with my hands on my head. What?...Agh. My head was poundering hard and all I could thing was nothing. I needed someone's help so i took out my phone and dialled Meg's number.

"Hello" meg answered

"Hey meg, It's June could you come down to the basement for sometime? And do bring Rowan with you plus tell no one about you coming here" I said in a panicking voice

"June are you alright? We will be there in 5 okay"

"Thanks" saying this I got up and looked through the basement for something. Ivan, Nick, Dayna would be on duty and I didn't want to disturb them and Han and James would never let us do anything foolish if we had too so Meg and Rowan were the best choice I could make.

In a matter of minutes Meg and Rowan came inside he basement.

"What happened?" Rowan asked worriedly.

"See this might seem absurd but not in Kam's body. I think a ghost possessed her or took her body or something" Rowan and Meg had the best, most epic blank expressions i had ever seen. So the next 15 minutes went in me trying to explain them what I saw.

"Salt? She backed out because there was salt on the knife?" Meg asked "Yes" I replied.

"Oh my God, I read in many places that salt burns ghosts up. They are scared of it" Row says.

"So now what are we going to do?" I ask them and Meg points at the big row of books kept in front of us. "We are going to read"

Spoiler! :
So Because this post is already so big I thought to divide this scene in two parts. If Meg or Row are going to continue this then guys we find out about the full moon in one book and a spell about interlinking bodies okay.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 am
TaylorLove says...

Meg

A great plan was forming in my head when I heard my cell phone ring. I pull it out of my pocket and see it is June. I walk off a little from Nick and answer. June tells me to come down stairs to the basement with Rowan. She was panicking and I tried to stay as calm as possible so she would not freak out more. "What was that about?" Nick asked me.

I think of a response that would make him not want to be near the situation, because June told me not to tell anyone. "Girl problems, I got this." I say.

He puts his hands up and smiles. "Not my calling." He says. I laugh and tell him by as I walk to Rowan's room. I knock on the door a few times. When she opens it she looks a little shocked to see me.

"Yes?" She asks.

"I do not know why, but June wants to see us in the basement. Alone." I tell her.

She looks at me confused, but gives in and just walks down to the basement. June gives us a whole run down of what happened with the salt sword thing. I look from Kamria, see how horrible she looks. I just hope we can help her because the last think I want to see is her die.

"So not what are we going to do?" June asks.

I look all around and try to think. Then my eyes are drawn to a stack of book, that oddly enough look like a bunch of spell books. "We are going to read." I say. "Grab books and find something, ANYTHING." I tell them. I about three books and plop down on the floor. I flip through the pages, a little panicked about this whole thing.

After about an hour and a half of searching, Rowan gasps. "I think I found something." I pop up of the ground and dart over to her.

"What did you find?" I ask, pretty much screaming.

"It is a spell think that says the ghost in like in her and stuff and it tells us how to get her out." She explains.

"One problem, there has a full moon." June says. I sigh and dart over to the window, looking out of it. I look up and see the huge, white moon high in the sky, full. I smile and walk back over.

"It is tonight, what do we do?" I ask.
-Winnie the Pooh

46 Reviews

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm
NicoleBri says...

Nick

Meg left to go deal with some girl issues with June, I just sat in the front living room a while. I actually miss my family. We heard a knock on the door, it was someone Cal had sent. "Nicholas?" the guy asked. "Yes?" I ask. "I was told to give this to you." he told me. It was two suits a clothes, like he had told me and the others he would give us.

He handed me a whole bunch of clothes, "Their names are on the clothes, yall each have 2 pair." he said then left out the door. "People he has work for him are so weird and just blah." I say looking at Ivan. He nodded and started sorting all of the clothes. I got up and went to the kitchen.

I got some cereal and started to eat. Being here and doing all of this makes me starved for some reason. Lately I haven't seen any ghosts since the beasts have arrived which is kind of weird.

Everyone seemed to have been out of the room, except for me, Ivan, and Hanorah. I had a feeling she would end up going to see June too. "Hi." I heard a girl say. I turned around, it was Kamria. She didn't sound like herself. "What's wrong with you?" I ask. She shook her head. "Nothing just a little tired lately." she replied.

"Do you want some food?" I ask. "Sure, Ill have what your having." She replied. I nodded and got up to fix her some cereal too. "Where have you been lately? I haven't seen much of you." I asked looking at her. "Room, busy you know." she said with a little smile.

I put her food down and she ate it like she hasn't ate in years. "Uhhh Kamria?" I say looking at her gross she ate. "I'm sorry." she said and began to eat like a normal human being.

- Ayn Rand

Random avatar

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 pm
ShadowHunter says...

I tumbled out of bed when I heard the knocking on my door. I grabbed one of the knives I had nicked from the kitchen and hid it behind my back. I open the door, expecting to have to defend myself from something, but it's just Meg. She tells me that June wants to see us in the basement alone. I don't feel completely relaxed about the whole situation, so I slip the knife into my wast band as we make our way into the basement.

When we get there, June explains to us about how she thinks Kamria is possessed, how we need to help her. June suggests that we look through the books in the room, so we all sit down and start to look.

After a bit of deep reading, I slowly start to slip into speed read mode. I am going through page after page of spell and ingredients. After about an hour, I find what I'm looking for. I slow down and reread the spell, just to be positive that it will complete the removal of the ghost.

"I think I found something." I announced, just to have another set of eyes looking at it.

"What did you find?" Meg asks, practically screaming my ear out.

"It says that it's a spell that will help us remove the ghost and return her to her body." I explain. Both girls come over and read the spell as well.

"One problem, it says that we need a full moon." Says June. Meg runs over to the window as June and I look to see if we can spot the moon. We can see the huge white orb floating in the sky.

"It's tonight," Meg says, turning back to us triumphantly. "What do we do?"

"We need to line ant escape roust with salt, but leave the main door clean until Kamria's body enter's the room. We are going to need to get her to come down here, but we need to bring another person in on this." I tell them.

"Why?" Asks June. I can tell that she is reluctant to bring in someone else, and I can relate, the more people who know, the more the plan is likely to slip, but we need someone new.

"Because, we are going to be working on getting all the ingredients and prepping the room." I tell her. "Someone text Hanorah and tell her that we need her to convince her to get Kamria to come down here." I give June and Meg a list of supply's I need before going out for my own supply's.

I raid Kamria's room, trying to find something to use against this ghost, something purely Kamria and nothing ghost. I pick up a trinket that seems to look Kamria enough before going into my room and grabbing my first pair of toe shoes off my bedposts. After that I go into Meg's, June's, and finally Hanorah's rooms, grabbing out things that seemed to be treasured to them.. Each of these things would protect us from the spirit after we started the spell.

I head back down to the basement and start setting up the salt lines when we hear two more sets of footsteps coming down the stairs and murmuring voices. I motion for June and Meg to finish what they are doing as fast as they can while I go for the spell book.

"What's going on here?" Roars the ghost in Kamria as soon as she enters the room. I panic because we aren't ready yet, she came in too fast! I can hear her turn on June and Meg and I panic. I grab the spell book, the first thing I can get my hands around and slam it across the back of her head.

"Oops." Is all I can say, a blush spreading across my face as she collapses.

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria