z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 pm
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Spoiler! :
So sorry I have not been on. I am back though.

Meg

Nick nodded and got up off the bed. Like me? What? My face was still a little red from when he said that. "I like you too." I tell him.

"You do." He asked, a little surprised.

I nod, smiling. "Yes." I say. We just smile, content with that for this moment. I look all around the room to see what was can make of it. I walk around the bed and see that that there are marks all over the floor. I push the bed over, despite the pain from the whole stabbing episode. "What are you hiding?" I whisper.

I knock on the wall a few times and I find a hollow place. I tilt my head and tear back the wall paper, finding a door. "Smart." I say. I begin to open it when a hand stops me.

"What if it is a trap?" He asks me.

"There is only one way to find out." I tell me.

"I have a really bad feeling about this Meg." He says.

"We have to figure out what it is though. If you get a bad feeling when we are down there, we will leave. Promise." I say.

He looks at me and sighs. "Fine."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:30 am
ShadowHunter says...

I was shaken up after seeing the ghost this evening and then Hanorah having epileptic fit, at least I knew that every one else knew about the ghosts in here as well.

I sighed and retreated farther into the library. I needed a few new books to bring up to my room. I was going to try desperately not to draw attention to myself for the next few days. I rounded the corner and saw the red headed girl floating there. I gave a start and started to back away quickly.

I mean you no harm. she told me.

"How can I hear you?" I asked her.

I can project my thoughts into any mind I so choose.

"So you can talk to one person in a crowd, or the entire crowd, you just need to put your thoughts into there heads?" I asked, tilting by head to the side.

Basically. I need you to come closer. She told me and stretched out one of her pale arms. I stepped closer to her suspended body and slowly reached out to touch her awaiting hand.

The second our hands made contact, I could feel my body crowing ice cold, then stiffening. My vision went black, and there was a huge whooshing sound.

When my vision returned to normal, I was in a ballroom, and the red headed girl was flesh and blood.

She gave me a sad look as everything returned to black. Once again my vision cleared this time I was in the entrance way, and there is a gunshot. I black out again and return to the library.

Sorry, I am not that good yet. She tells me as she lets go of my hand.

"At what exactly?" I ask. There is a sudden rush of blood out of my head and I put one hand on a bookcase and the other on my head.

Taking your mind and letting you see my memories as they happened to me. You might sleep for a while, a minor side effect. She warns me as I slowly crumple to the ground. Don't worry, I will watch over you. Is the last thing I hear.
It is not the dark, but the unknown that we fear.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 am
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

I woke up in my own room,my neck was bandaged and I had a perculiar taste in my mouth.Was that wood?I saw June beside me,she looked tired.

'What happened?'I asked sitting up slowly.

'You had a fit'She sighed,looking me straight in the eye 'One of your veterbrae was out of place'.

'I...what?!?'

She sighed even deeper and took my hand 'Hanorah...you have epilepsy'

Epilepsy?but that's impossible.I felt the blood rush from my face,my whole body went cold.It just wouldent sink in.

She saw my shock and tried to comfort me.'Its ok..Dayna has it too and she's fine,all you need is to take meds once in a while'

I wanted to cry,but I didn't,I never cried as a rule.

'How..how did they fix it?'I asked in disbelief.

'Your ghost,the red headed one'

'Abigail?'I say and she appeared beside us,we both jumped a little.

'Thank you,I owe you my life'

It was no problem,your welcome she smiled slightly.

My images of ghosts were portrayed badly as a kid,well,maybe except for Casper.

I know what your thinking,you were brought up thinking that all ghosts are evil spirits,but we can be kept back because of unfinished business or a tormented soul that can't rest.

'I have to repay you,I promise I'll solve your mystery,even if it kills me'

She smiled at that.

I felt the colour drain from my face once again 'Wait..did everyone see?I asked.
June nodded.

I hope they wouldent change their image of me just because I'm epileptic,I want to be treated the same.

'How..how did they react?'

'Nick walked out when you had a fit..and that rowan girl said some random fact about jack the ripper about how he was only on record about killing 5 women,but some people believed he killed 7'She shook her head,she clearly found that bit wierd.

I started laughing,I found it way too funny than I should have,a girl said a random fact about murder when I collapsed,maybe it was because I needed to mask how upset I was,but either way I didn't care.I needed to laugh,I don't care why.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:16 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

|Ivan Summers|

Less than 24 hours and already someone was lying there, looking rather dead, surrounded by frantic teenagers.

Why did I take this job? Ivan muttered to himself, stepping over to find out what was going on.

That hole in the wall had led him and June down a tunnel, which went for a few feet into the side of the house before dropping straight down like a well for an unknown number of feet.

Apparently the crash of the room exploding hadn't been enough for anyone to notice, but his intentions to tell everyone about it, and the claw marks, were dissipated the instant he saw Hanorah, lying unconscious in the arms of another girl.

He shoved his way forward.

“No, no, no, no!” the older girl cried desperately as the one holding Hanorah began to lower her.” Don't move her! The slightest twitch could send her into a coma!” The girl froze in her movement, but Ivan instantly saw she couldn't hold for long. She looked hurt herself. The older girl beckoned to him and slipping over, he gently replaced the girl, holding Hanorah as gently as he could.

Suddenly a face seemed to appear out of nowhere and the crazy girl was there. The really crazy one. The older girl turned to her," I swear to god I heard the click from all the way over here! It's vertebra C3. I didn't do anything to it last night because I didn't have any equipment, and I didn't expect her to wake up before I did. Garrrrh, I was so stupid!"

"Well, cursing yourself is not going to help now,” the crazy one, Kamria, said,” At least you found out which vertebra! Now we know what's wrong. Now all we have to do is find out where the vertebra went and put it in place. Simple as setting a bone!"

The older girl shook her head." No, it's not that simple. We don't know which direction it went, and we don't know how far. We can't afford to try to find out by touch, because we could pinch a nerve. We need x-ray equipment!"

"I'm don't know neuroscience! Nerves are such a touchy subject." Kamria said worriedly. Worriedly only, Ivan noticed, impressed; no fear or panic.

"I would know. I think the best thing we can do right now is not move her. We could get Sarge to check it out, but I'm not sure how much help he'll be. . . ." The girl in charge said, glancing up at a dog, obviously Sarge. He didn't move.

Suddenly the air shimmered softly and a figure appeared out of the air, hovering over the floor, dim red hair visible about a pale face. Ivan started, but knew better than to move his arms. This wasn't good,” I can help. How's her spine supposed to look?” the red-head asked the older girl.

They looked into each others eyes for a few moments and then, without warning, there was a sickening, muted pop. Kamria probed Hanorah's back and smiled.

“Yes! She'll be alright!” the older girl yelled in triumph, standing.

Ivan held Hanorah as the two others gently gave her neck a splint, and he was about to help the older girl lift her when suddenly Hanorah's jaw clenched and her body went stiff as a board. His eyes widened in surprise an shock.

"Set her down, now! Someone, go to my room and get my backpack. Ivan, get me something wood that she can bite!" The older girl ordered.

Ivan nodded instantly and lowering Hanorah jumped up and gave the wall a full-power round-house, shattering a pair of boards, tossing a chunk to the older girl he was about to ask where he would find her back-pack when suddenly . . . he knew.

Without stopping to consider how the information had come out of the blue he turned and rushed up the stairs. Don't let me be too late on this one!

Things went pretty straight forward from then on. Kick down the locked door to the room. Pick up the backpack and run back downstairs. The older girl gives Hanorah some kind of medicine while he holds her mouth open. They wait for her to go limp again. They bring her back up to the room, with door hanging on broken hinges, and lay her gently in the bed. Done.

Everything's good now. Minus the fact that one of their member has already almost been killed by a ghost.

Time to back down? He asked himself. No, you idiot, your finally part of something. Quit now? Go back to hell? I don't think so.

Once Hanorah was sleeping peacefully Ivan turned to the older girl,” good work.”

She nodded tiredly,” I'm obliged to help people.”

“Still, you were on top of things,” he said. There was a long silence.” I don't think we've officially met, I'm Ivan.” He held out a hand.

Slowly she took it,” I'm Dayna, Dayna Thorion,” she glanced back at Hanorah,” don't worry about this, I've got her covered. You go get a bit of rest.”

He nodded and slipped out of the room, avoiding the other people in the house. Going back to his room it was empty, slowly he sank against the wall and sat down. This was all going wrong. What if he got killed? What if these kids started getting killed? What if they just couldn't DO what Cal wanted?

“Hey,” he glanced up tiredly and saw Kamria looking down at him.

“Hey,” he muttered.

“Don't worry about Hanorah, she'll be fine,” she said easily.

He didn't reply.

“It's fine,” she leaned forward and gave him a gentle hug. He didn't resist.

He slept peacefully that night. His bruises from the incident with the ghost upstairs were painful but not so much so as to keep him awake. He woke, and standing, looked out of his window. A dim gray light shone on the horizon. An hour till sunrise. Early.

Suddenly he froze, down below, in the grounds he saw a dark shape moving across the lawn. It looked like it was about the size of a large dog, but it was pure black and seemed to gleam in the starlight. Suddenly a pair of glittering beady eyes spun up at him. There was a echoing growl and the creature bounded away into the night, heading for the forest.

Turning he looked down at June's bed . . . but it was empty. Nobody was there. He frowned, and slipped out of the room. Gently feeling the sheets he knew that someone had slept there, but had gotten up even earlier than he had.

Down in the living room he found Dayna, sitting in a couch gently ruffling her dog's ears, her eyes half-closed. Dreamy looking.

“Dayna!” he said, stepping forward,” I need to talk to you.”

Her eyes snapped open, and she glared at him as he stepped over and dropped into the couch opposite her. Slowly he leaned forward,” I couldn't really help but notice that you've got quite an armory on you.”

She smiled thinly,” sharp eyes, huh?”

He shrugged,” I need one of your guns.”

She raised an eyebrow,” why do you think I might let you have one of those, eh?”

He raised an eyebrow,” well, I'm gonna assume that you want the make sure that ALL of the people here make it out alive,” he narrowed his eyebrows,” If you know what you're setting yourself up for, then you know that you can't do it alone. You can't be everywhere at once. Eventually you'll be too late.”

She glared at him for a moment,” I'll think about it.”

Slowly Ivan stood and nodded,” well think fast, because we've got trouble coming. Yesterday I ran into a ghost who didn't just throw vases, he tore one of the upstairs rooms to shreds. And I just saw something earlier, something I don't like the looks of. Not a ghost. Out in the lawns. I plan to hunt it down, whatever it is, as soon as I can, and find out what it is. I'd really like one of those guns when I go.”

She glared at him for a moment longer.” Fine!” she muttered, and reaching into her coat pocket pulled out a small 22. pistol. Small, but deadly.” You know how to use it I assume?”

Ivan nodded. He knew that for sure,” thanks.”

She shrugged,” don't mention it. Shoot one of the people here and I'll hang you up for whatever's out there.”

He nodded and was turning to leave when she spoke again,” you know anything about treating wounds? Field treatment?”

Ivan grimaced,” a bit, just enough to get by. At worst I know what NOT to do. If anyone gets hurt I'll get rid of the cause and get them back to you. Or you to them.”

She nodded and leaned back. He smiled to himself, tucking the gun and the pair of cartridges into his pocket, then trotting up the stairs again.
Spoiler! :
Follow up if you want to. Ivan's going to be going down that hole today (it leads out to the woods – dark and scary – where the monsters live, using the tunnel to sneak into the house). Ladcat! I hope you don't mind having Dayna give out one of her small guns: If you don't want her to I can edit, but Ivan's going either way. Sorry for cutting down on awesomeness levels. (And sorry if this post was a bit . . . big)
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm
ladcat13 says...

Spoiler! :
No problem

Dayna Thorion

Well, I finally found Sarge. It was strange, because he'd been sitting in the middle of the sitting room staring at thin air. I'd brought him back to the kitchen with me, and that was where Ivan had asked for a gun. I don't know why I'd snapped at him. Considering the situation, I would welcome anyone who knew how to use a gun. He was right, of course. No matter how responsible I felt for the young people here, I couldn't be everywhere at once, and people were getting hurt. I shook my head and got up. I trotted down the hallway after Ivan.

"Ivan! Wait!" I shouted when I saw him. He slowed up. "I can't go with you as I'd like, but maybe you should take a little more than a pistol with you. Especially if you're going into a deep, dark hole. You might need medicine, food, rope, etc. We aren't just dealing with vase-throwing ghosts anymore. This is something physical and dangerous. What do you say, mi amigo?"

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

120 Reviews

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:12 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Spoiler! :
Oh. Ok then! Sounds great, Black. I'll pick up where I left off

Ivan hesitated a moment, but seemed to think better. He nodded silently and followed me back down the hall. In my room, Rheyalyn wasn't there. I hadn't seem her much lately, but I knew she came around.

Anyway, it didn't take me long to unload some of my things. The rest, I left in there, since he'd probably need them. My hand hovered over the machete, covered in it's oilcloth sheath. But I got over the moment and handed it to Ivan along with the backpack.

"There's a field medicine kit, 50 rounds of ammunition, 20 feet of rope, a couple of knives, a lighter, three days of rations, and a canteen in there. That's my machete. Test it out, see if it'll do. I know it's served me well," I told him. With an expert flick, he pulled the machete from the cloth. He twirled it around a bit, testing for balance, them put the flat of the blade in his palm. He examined the sharpened metal with a critical eye.

"A nice weapon. Well maintained. Tell me, what are these notches on the handle?" He asked in his cultured accent. I grinned wolfishly.

"Those are los pumas I've killed back in the Andes," came my glib reply. This halted Ivan in his tracks. There were up on ten notches in the handle. He cast another eye over me where I stood in my combat boots and leathers. I stared him right back. But as he turned to go, a thought struck me. "Wait. Here, take this." I unhooked my cloak from the bed stand. Its stained, grey, weather-worn material looked in sharp contrast with his manicured appearance. But he settled it over his shoulders comfortably and he seemed thankful for it. "If you kill that beast of yours, feel free to put another notch in the handle. Buena Suerte, amigo" I told him. He nodded his thanks. We shook hands. And with one last glance, he was gone.
Last edited by ladcat13 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But bleed from thorns

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 pm
NicoleBri says...

Nick

Meg and I walked inside a room I told her I didn't feel comfortable going into but I did it for her. "Wow look at all of this!" she exclaimed. I looked around not understanding what she was so excited about. I just stood there letting her examine everything. "I think we should go down Meg." I told her. She nodded and we left from the room. I felt very relieved after leaving.

We both decided to go lay down and take a nap, we had done a lot of searching today. It was only mid afternoon but I was awfully tired. "I think I could sleep for years." I said with a smile. "Oh wow, I probably could too, especially when we get done solving this year long mystery." she replied with a giggle.

I cut the light off after Meg was laid down, I got in my bed and closed my eyes. It seemed like a few minutes before my eyes were popped back open. I felt as though someone was watching me. "Is anyone here?" I whispered because Meg sounded as though she was asleep. No one appeared. Maybe I was just having an off feeling from earlier. I sighed and tried to get some sleep.

Meg woke me up a few hours later, she had said she heard something coming from outside, it is already night time. I got up and got a bat in my hand. Walking down the stairs I got an eerie feeling but I just ignored it. Lately I ignored all the feelings I got.

I walked outside and I heard howling, they must have wolves out in these woods in the back. I slowly went towards the back and I saw someone headed towards the eerie looking woods. "Hey!" I yell. The person turned toward me. "Where you going?" I asked finally catching up with him. It was Ivan. Going to solve a mystery in the woods." he replied.

"I'm going with you, you cant go alone. Besides I am good at hunting down things." I say. "Wait here, I'll be back in about 3 minutes." I say. Running back to the house I get a few things I need and I tell Meg that I'm going with Ivan. She didn't like the idea to much but knew she couldn't stop me. I smiled and kissed her on the lips a few seconds and ran out the door.

"Okay maybe it was longer than 3 minutes." I tell him as I catch back up. He chuckled and we walked off into the woods.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:33 pm
NicoleBri says...

Kamria's body (ghost)

I felt this strange sensation, actually being inside a person's body. This was my first pursuement ever! I had a sly grin on my face and I just walked as though she walked. I had been studying this girl ever since she came here. No one has saw me, and I am glad for that. My hiding space is a dungeon out in the back yard, no one has discovered it.

Everywhere I go, I see the spirit of the girl trying to get back in her body. I am way to strong for her to actually get back in. Pretty soon, she will be dead and I will have her body forever. I smiled. I felt so.. evil. Truth is, I'm not evil, I just needed a body because I want to feel alive again.

Walking into Kamria's room, I laid on the bed. I haven't felt alive in years and now I'm ALIVE! It's probably best that I keep away from the others as much as I can. I don't want no one finding out. Kamria is probably to weak of a soul to even let herself be known to anyone.

Thinking of all that made me tired. I fell asleep for a while. When I woke up someone was in the room. "Kamria?" I whisper. It was her, she threw things at me, that meant she was getting a little stronger. "Stop that!" I yell at her. Dayna came in the room. "What was that?" she asked. "Uhm.. a ghost?" I said. Then got under the blanket. "you should go." I say to her. She closed the door and went back to her room.

Kamria

That bitch doesn't really believe that ill be trapped like this forever does she? Ill eventually get someone's attention, although I didn't have much time. I followed the ghost person back to my room. How dare she think that she can sleep in my bed. I threw a book at her and it hit the head board. "Kamria?" she asked. I threw another book at her, "Stop that!" she says.

"Go to hell." I yell. I smiled. If she can see me that means I can try and get others attention too! I giggle and leave the room. The first room I go to is Nick and Megs. Meg was asleep and Nick was gone. Where did he go?!" I yell.

Meg woken and I tried to throw something to catch her attention. Nothing worked. I had a plan after deciding to leave the room. I seen Sarge and ran up to him. "Come see boy." I whisper. Dayna immediately turned around seeing Sarge play with thin air. I sighed. Obviously she couldn't see me. "What do you see boy?" she asked.

The dog barked but Dayna still didn't see what he did. I kept playing with Sarge, someone is bound to come along that could see me.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Random avatar

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 pm
ShadowHunter says...

I woke up with a splitting headache and a super stiff body. I groaned as I worked myself into a sitting position. Above, the red headed girl still floated, keeping watch.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked her as I stood up and started to stretch out.

It is now dark outside. She answered quietly.

"Did anyone notice I was gone?"

No one was looking.

"Good." I replied, I wanted to keep my low profile for as long as I could after my random 'fun fact' about Jack the Ripper, and that ment staying out of sight from as many people as I could.

You should want to have people looking for you in a place like this. She warned me. I must go now, I am being forced away by a much stronger spirit. You need to run. She floated away through a wall and was gone. I felt a slight uneasiness at her warning, but decided to ignore it. I went back to browsing the books for anything interesting. A few minutes in, the room chilled a bit, but I chalked it up to a draft.

I found a book that looked interesting and and started to look for another one.

Leave the book there. Said a hypnotic male voice. Without even thinking about it, I did as I was told.

Walk out the door and to the back door. He murmured into my ear.

"But I don't know where the back door is." I tell him, my voice sounds slow and sleepy to my own ears.

I will guide you. He measurese. How nice of him I think as I follow his guiding gusts of air as he leads me out the door and through the night to a lake.

Now take off your shoes and socks.I smile dreamily and so as he asks of me. Now I want you to wade into the water and just start swimming, I will let you know when you can stop. The water is ice cold as I enter and it almost breaks my will to do as he says, but I hharden my resolve and continue on. When the water line is around my neck I start to swim. Before she died, my mother had me take lesions, so I was able to propeller myself through the black liquid quite easily.

After a bit, he stopped me and I looked around, for the first time noticing that I had no idea where I was.

Die! He snarled as he pushed me under. I panicked and tried to take a breath, but ended up eying a lung full of water. I choked it out and took in more water. I was thrashing around, trying to get free as I took in more water. Finally he let me go, but it was almost the end for me, I had no idea which way was up and I was almost gone. I chose a random directing and prayed that I was correct.

I licked out with everything I had(which wasn't much). After a few seconds, my head broke the surface and I gasped for air. After I had somewhat gotten my breath back, I made for the shore. It was clover that I had expected and I dragged my water logged body onto the shore. The very first thing I did was cough up all of the water that was still in my lungs. After that, I rested on my hands and knees in the sand, dipping water.

120 Reviews

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:50 am
ladcat13 says...

Sarge had been really distracted lately, and I was worried. I had to bring his focus back to the present, and not the other way around. I'd woken up from a nap earlier that day in a cold sweat with my muscles trembling uncontrollably. It had only been a mild episode compared to some of the grande mals I've had, and my meds had been nearby. But Sarge hadn't even woken me up. Ten minutes later, after I'd recovered from it, he was still staring at nothing. I had given him a thorough scolding and put him on a leash for the day. I didn't normally need a leash, because he was so well trained that he just followed me everywhere. I found leashes annoying, since they often got tangled or caught or wrapped around my legs. Hanorah and Rheyalyn had switched places, so that now Hanorah was my roommate. More convinient and safer for the both of us. But now that Sarge's attention was divided, it was more and more dangerous for Hanorah and I. He wasn't doing his job very well, and it was going to cost us soon if we didn't do something about it...

But bleed from thorns

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 am
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"Rowan are you alright" I said as I ran towards 'her'. what I had seen wasn't the most pleasent thing here. It looked like Rowan was trying to kill herself and save herself at the same time. as I had expected much worse things before coming here I wasn't surprised.

"If almost drowning in water and then not been able to breathe is alright then yes I am alright" She says with a weak smile still trying to breathe.

"What happened Row?" Was the only words I could speak. For some reason I hadn't expected this to happen. She told me the whole thing about the ghost commanding him to do so and all I could do was stand there and stare at hier. Sometimes when you don't understand a few things it feels so irritating, my feeling right now.

"Let's get you back inside" I said to her and we both headed towards the mansion. I saw Van and Nick talking something very seriously.

"I think we should head towards the forest now, we need to return before it gets too dark" I heard Ivan say to nick.

"Forest? You guys are going in the forest? are you insane, Van you should have at least told me" I shout without thinking. Is it me or am I just too worried about this guy. it must be the look. Agh, I shouldn't have shouted like that.

"Yes and how exactly? when the whole night you were missing" he replies. He does have a point but that doesn't mean it is safe to go out there. already there were so many incidents takung place inside the mansion who knows what can happen outside.

"Are you worried?" He asks taking a step forward with a huge smirk on his face. duh, can't you see that I am?

"Ofcourse not, Why would I be?" I reply lifting my head and staring at him in his eyes just to show I wasn't lying but I was, obviously I won't say him the truth. nick and Rowan take a few steps back and get ready to leave.

The only thing I could think about then was his eyes, gosh were those eyes amazing or what. It gave my goosebumps to even stare at him. his gaze was so intense that for a moment I felt lost. His face was perfectly shaped and the hair that fell on his face completed the magic. My eyes moved down, covering his whole face. there might not be a corner I did not check out when finally we broke off the staring contest seeing that it had been uncomfortably a long time looking at each other. My eyes met the ground in embarassement, was I just checking him out? I must be insane. i turned my head and faced Row once again.

"Don't hurt your self, you too Nick" I said without looking at them and then me and Row left for upstairs.

The whole way Ivan was revolving around my mind. Was his face perfect or what?

"Don't worry about Ivan and Nick, they will be just fine" she says with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, probably" i reply. I wish they do.

after talking for a few more minutes Row says she needs to change and rest a bit so I leave her on her own. I headed back to my room to grab a few things before checking the house again and guess what I found? kamria.

she was sitting on my bed and reading a very old book. When I entered the room without looking she said "Welcome June, I see you have returned. how did you sleep last night?" Is there something wrong with her. So formal...

"It was amazing. by the way what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I was just fixing he room a little bit after all my father..." she pause. Her father what?? "After all this place was all messed up" really? i didn't know? i thought sarcasticly.

"I am going to go here" she says and rushes out of the room like she was going to miss a very important appointment. i notice that the book she was reading is still lying on the bed so I pick it up and open it. The book had an un familiar language written in it. Probably chinease and I remembered Kamria saying she failed once in it. there is something wrong with her and no matter what I am going to figure out what.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Random avatar

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 am
ShadowHunter says...

I stood in the threshold of my room, just dripping water. I had told June that I needed to change, but in reality, I didint want to. For some blizzard way, shivering made me feel like I was proveing myself.

I still couldn't believe that I had almost died, all my facts about killers and it did nothing for me when my life was actually at stake.

I changed out of my wet clothes i to tan tights, booty shorts, and a tang top. If I had nothing else to do, I might as well keep my dancer body. I put on my toe shoes and started turning around the room. I made it about halfway around before I fell. I sighed in resignation and got the rosin out of my bag as well as a plastic box. I put the box on the ground and the rosin in the box. I stepped on the amber square and it gave a stifling crunch under my weight.

I rubbed the tops and the toe parts of my shoes in the powder. I resumed my turning across the room.

When I had completed a full circle, I turned around to look behind me. I started to giggle uncontrollably at the white path of rosin I had left behind. I composed myself and started a leap combination that I had learned for one of my solos bake when I had first started, making small clicking sounds each time I landed. I continued to dance, ignoring the rest of the world.

Spoiler! :
Toe shoes!!Image

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

I felt safer when I moved to Dayna's room,she knew what I was going through,and she clearly had the information I needed.I had seen Meg and Nick holding hands the other day,and I couldent help but think at least something's going right.

A few days rest was all I needed,and I couldent stand one more day in bed,I needed to stretch my legs.I walked past the new girls room,Rowan,she was full on ballet dancing.
'Ok...'I thought,but I left her.

Kamaria had been acting more than strange,sometimes she looked like she was talking to herself,June and her had something going on between each other.Kamaria would smirk and then June would glare at her.

The thing that struck me as most wierd,was that Dayna had Sarge on a leash.I sat beside her at breakfast and asked why.

'no reason,I just thought to see how he would react when I put him on it'She stumbled.

'No offence,but you always struck me to be a good liar'I laughed.'Care to tell me the truth?'

She sighed 'Sarge has been..off guard lately and I don't know why,I had a small fit this morning,and he didn't wake me'she kept her voice low,barely a whisper.

'You had a fit?are you ok?'

'Fine,it's sarge I'm worried about,he's never been like this before'

'Maybe the ghosts have put him off?'

'maybe..'she replyed,not believing it.

'Well I'll see you later,I'm going for a walk'And I left.

At the door I was met by a man I hadn't seen before,he turned around and looked at me in surprise.
'Hi'i said awkwardly 'Im hanorah'

'James'he smiled and put out his hand.

I opened the door to go out when he asked 'what are you doing?'

'Ermm..going for a walk?'

'You shouldent go on your own,there has been a beast spotted,I'll come with you' he said following me.

I really did not know how to reply to that,but he seemed like a nice chap.So I let him.

We talked all the way to the trees,I had only known him for half and hour and I grew to like him,he was a good hearted guy who had a bad past.

I felt a shiver down my back when I took a step in the woods,it seemed...off.
I heard a low growl.

Abigail appeared suddenly,and James jumped,I had gotten used to it already.

Stopshe said Go back to the house,it's not safe.

The growling got louder and louder until I could see the body of a massive black beast,it's cruel eyes staring.he was about a hundred metres away.

Why do you always get yourself into these situations?run!She cried.

James grabbed my hand and we ran,this beast was faster than I excepted.I swore under my breath,we wouldent out run it.I pulled James faster,he was lagging behind.'Cmon,c'mon run!'I shouted,my hip was starting to play up.Youve got to be kidding me.
James tripped and I ran back to get him,but the beast was on him.'Noo' I ran up and grabbed a rock and threw it in his eye.His claw hit my shoulder,but it was a graze he seemed to be distracted by james.

'Run!'he yelled.

I couldent leave him,that would be cruel,but what could I do?

Run!Abigail whispered,clearly distressed.

'I can't leave him!'

But the beast had its teeth around him,I was too late.I had let him down,this was all my fault,if I hadn't have went for that walk...

Run Abigail screamed,but I was in shock.'

I yelled at myself to run,but my feet wouldent move.

Abigail collided with me,and she took control of my body,moving my legs faster than ever.

It was a wierd sensation,being possessed like an unwelcome visiter in your house,your only a voice that no one can hear.

We got to the house and slammed the doors shut,Abigail left my body.I slide down,on the ground and looked at my shoulder,it was bleeding but it wasn't big,I didn't care,I let someone die,I was an idiot,I should have done something,anything.

Then I started to do something I hadn't done in years:I cried.I had killed someone,I had only known him for less than an hour and I brought him to his death.

Its not your fault Abigail whispered softly,trying to comfort me.

'Oh but it is my fault,I could have done something,I should have done something,anything.Im a horrible person' I was shocked at my own tears,annoyed at myself.The first death in the house,and the blood was on my hands.

Spoiler! :
Woah that's long, @Jordin I hope it's good enough.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

"I really do not think it is a good idea Nick." I say when he tells me that he is going out into the woods with Ivan. I know that I cannot stop him, but I still do not like the fact that he is going out there.

"I will be fine." He tells me, taking a few steps closer to me.

I sigh and nod. He leans in and kisses me on the lips for a few seconds and then pulls away. I smile and watch him leave as he runs out of the house and into the woods with Ivan.

I go into the kitchen and grab a little snack to eat and head back to my room as I eat it. Sitting on my bed, I look to the window about every five seconds, hoping to see Nick coming back into the house. I sigh when I do not see him coming back into the house with Ivan.

To pass the time, I lay down and try to fall asleep. All I can hope is that is will pass the time. I lay my head down on the pillow and close my eyes.

A few hours later

I wake up and look for Nick, but see he is not here. I rub my eyes and stand up. I walk around the house. I take this time to just explore the house even more than I did before, but really I wanted to find out what was in that hidden room. I go into the secret spot and walk inside of it. As I get closer to the room, I get a really bad feeling inside me. The place on my side begins to hurt really bas as well.

The more I push past the pain, the more pain I have. I drop to the ground, holding my side. "I told you that you need to get out." A voice calls. "It is not safe here."

"I need to figure it out. Sarah please stop it." I yell. It feels like she is digging her nails into my side. I manage to crawl out of the room and lay in the floor out in the hallway. I have no idea where anyone is, but I hope someone finds me soon.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Random avatar

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm
ShadowHunter says...

After a few hours of pointe dancing, my calves where burning. I finished up my rounds, and slipped off my shoes. My toes where filled with pins and needles. I did a few extensions to get the blood flowing again and started out for the kitchen.

I made it there without running into anyone and I quickly made a small snack for myself. I was wandering around when I found the gigantic hole in the wall that hadn't been there the past few times I had visited. Throwing all caution to the wind, I entered the black hall. I walked for a few minuets, and then decided that I needed some light if I was going to go exploring. I turned around and walked back out into the kitchen.

When I had found a lighter that worked, I wandered back into the room. There were several halls leading out of the main hall, but for safety's sake, I stuck to the original hall. Finally I reached a big room that had all sorts of dusty looking things. One by one I started to explore.

There where shelves filled with all sorts of nick-knacks that varied from interesting to strange. About halfway through, I found the books. There were stacks and stacks of them and I had to hold the lighter as far away from them as I could for fear that if it got any closer, it would send them all up in flames.

I grabbed a few that looked interesting and moved on, promising myself that i would come back to the room later for more of them. I moved on throughout the room. I grabbed some knives that looked like they could come in handy in a fight.

Finally I came to the last corner. When I made out what was contained in it, I almost dropped everything I was carrying. There was a rusty old sheath for a sword. I picked it up and brushed the cobwebs off and noticed that there was a handle sticking out. I pulled on the handle and there was a grating sound as a sword slowly slid out.

I pushed it back into the sheath and wrapped the leather waist band around my waist so that I could carry it out along with all of my books and the lighter.

I started to make my way out and was about halfway there when I herd a groan. I turned to where the sound had come form and started to slowly make my way forward.

"Hello?" I called out, and there came another groan. I made my way forward and saw Meg curled up on the floor. I dropped my books and put the lighter into one of my pockets. Once I was positive that I could find them again, I scooped up Meg and made my way back into the main entry way. I had no idea where her room was, so I just took her to the library and placed her on the sofa.

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2