Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:54 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Jorden

"I still haven't gotten out of this wretched place, this are getting really weird. I've been in this room for a few days maybe even more. I really need another shower, thank goodness, there is one in here. Hanorah, comes in and out, not even noticing me. I stay in bed all day... Or do these stupid video diaries." I run my hand over my face and look into the camera. A small stubble of hair was forming on my lower face and neck. My stomach grumbled from not having the right amount of food or not even having food at all. "I need to get out." I sigh and switch the video camera off.

I walk into the bathroom and strip my clothes off and start the water. I stand under for awhile just thinking over everything, before washing my body, face and hair. I warm water washes off the suds over my body as I massage my head with conditioner. Nothing strange has really happened to me, just little flashes of 'dead' people, every now and then. I've been getting nightmares as well.

They are the same, night after night, after night. I'm in my bed, sleeping, when something white blows across my body, ice hands touching my bear chest. The figure hands make their way up to my neck, choking me. And that's when I wake up, choking on water. Sometimes a liquid spills down my chin, other times, I have a blood sensation running through my mouth, the taste of metallic blood stains my mouth. I can't get rid of this dream.

I pull out my razor and start shaving off the tiny bit of hair that had grown, since I'd shaved last. I glided the razor over my face, until I had got all the hair. Then, I started working on my neck. An invisible force takes over control of my hand and just misses sliting my throat.
"Hey, stop." I say firmly and grab my hand, keeping it away from my neck. But, I'm not strong enough. The blade swipes again and gets my knuckles, then the outside of my wrist, "Stop!" I shout, but they don't and go for another cut between my chest and neck. I pull all my strength together and use my other hand to pathetically throw the razor on the ground before me. I drop to my knees and my hand goes after it, almost searchingly. "No, I don't want this!" I say.

"But, it was okay every other time you did it?" a dark voice says. I shake my head.

"Don't you dare!" I look around, and force the razor in my hand to the ground as it tried to nip at my skin. I am stronger. I closed my eyes and skid the blade along the bathroom floor, blood stains the ground. I look down at my left arm, the was so much blood I didn't think it would stop pouring out.

I stagged to my feet, I winced as I rinced off my arm. I opened every draw, every cabnet, looking for a first aid kit, I couldn't find andthing. My arm started to drip again. I figured, I'd have something for it in my bag.

"Jorden." I hear a few gasps from across the room. I really hope this person doesn't make a fuss...

"Oh, hey..."

Spoiler! :
Can be anyone... Sorry I haven't been on in awhile
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 am
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

I found it strange getting a text from someone who was just downstairs from me, but I guessed it must of been urgent, so I got Kamaria.

The second we got down to the basement, she yelled in anger.Rowan hit her over the head with a book and i caught her just before she hit the floor.

'Ermm...does anyone want to explain this or..?'I asked in confusion.

'Long story short,Kamaria is possessed, she has been for a while, and if we don't get that ghost out of her body tonight,Kamaria will die'June explained quickly.

I cursed under my breath, I should have noticed she had been acting strangely.

'I think you should tie her up, just in case'Meg said.

I nodded and went in search for a rope or anything thicker than string to hold her.

I walked past the bathroom to find Jorden, covered in blood,I gasped 'Jorden?'

'Oh hey...' he smiled.

'Your hurt..'I cried.

'This..this is nothing'He said.

'Look Jorden, I'd be the same if someone found me like this, but c'mon I'll fix you up, and if it's that big of a deal, I won't tell anyone'

He thought it over in his head, sighed but then smiled 'Thanks'

I grabbed some rope from a room under the stairs and tied Kamaria up with it.

'I will be back in three minutes'I told June and left.

I grabbed the first aid box and brought it to Jordens room, closing the door quietly behind me.

'How did this happen?'I asked softly.

'I didnt mean to, I tried to stop..but it was like some other force was pushing me to do it..'He sighed deeply, this house was obliviously getting to him.

I put bandages around his wrists and I cleaned his neck and chest.This wasn't the fun Jorden I had got to know on my first day here, this Jorden is just tired.I didnt want him to change, I had to do something.

I smiled'So.. I was thinking tomorrow we could pull a prank on someone.. And I need a companion, so do you wanna help?'

'Hmm'He sighed, then a small smile popped up on his face 'Can I think of a prank?'

'Whatever you want'

He nodded and it was almost like I got the old Jorden back.

'Im sorry, but I've got to go'I frowned 'Ill be back!'

I ran back to to the basement,'Can you watch Kamaria while we look for ingrediants?'June asked.

'No problem'

'Thanks'

They left, and it was just me and Kamaria, who lay on the floor 'We'll get you back,If you can hear me, I promise, we will get you back'.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

For us watching in the sitting room, the night passed uneventfully. A full moon made the malevolent outlines of the beasts clear to see by its silver light. I was surprised when they hadn't even flinched during gun practice. I was also surprised at the skill level I'd seen there. Better than I'd hoped. Ivan was incredibly helpful, and taking charge of the weapons training. I probably knew more about the practical use of them than he did, but I was no drill sergeant. He made an excellent teacher. I watched June attentively as Ivan passed her. I could see her breath speed up and her pupils dilate, even in the dim light. Oh, this was just too good. Silently wishing her well, I retreated into the sitting room to manage the weapons. I helped the trainees clean them,then dismissed them to their beds. It was difficult to find a good place to put them, but I made an impromptu weapons shelf from a bookshelf and the book stands. I placed it near the door, probably the best place for it. Ivan, Nick, and Hanorah came in after finishing cleaning up, and we settled in for the night. Sarge gave me a good sniffing over, and Hanorah as well. He seemed satisfied, so I was too. Ivan told me he'd wake me for third watch. Nick would come after him, and Hanorah after me. I laid out on the couch and used one of the throw blankets to bunk out. Nick seemed more restless, and Meg visited him later in the night. But Ivan was strangely pensive. Deep in thought, it seems. I can understand that.

Spoiler! :
Sry this is my first post in awhile. I was on vacation and I couldn't get online. I might decline in activity here, because I have a lot going on this summer. I'll see if I can keep up.
Last edited by ladcat13 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 pm
View Likes
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"What the..." I murmur as I enter the room and find Kamria's body on the floor and Row all panicked.

"Sorry, she just came in suddenly and I lost control" Row says

that very moment Han came running into the basement "Hanorah, can you watch Kam till we look for the ingredients?" I asked

"No problem" she said smiling at me

"Thanks"

"So the book has the spell of interlinking bodies, and the ingredients for the spell are quite easy to find but what's the plan?" Meg asked suddenly

"Well... I was umm..."I shuttered

"Yes?" Hanorah asked

"See, I read this an a very old book that interlinking bodies means that the body of the victem, that for now is Kamria's body will do exactly as the other body does. Also once we die our soul comes out of our body. And the third point, this spell that we found clearly states that both the bodies will get a soul back, if they die before the spell wears off and they will come back to live"

"June, what is the point?" Row asks with a tensed face

"If one of us interlinks our bodies with her's and stabs herself before the spell wears off then our souls, meaning the soul within Kamria's body and ours will come out. In that time Kamria, the real one can get back into her body and so for us."

"June are you out of your mind? Do you know how crazy and dangerous this is?" Meg shouts suddenly

"Guys calm down, this will work okay. we have to get Kamria back and does anyone has any other plan?" I waited for them but to respond but no one did.

"so who is going to interlink her body with Kam's?" Hanorah asks suddenly breaking the dark silence. Everyone looks at each other and just then I know exactly what to do.

"I will" I say "I have already handled a lot of pain before so this will be nothing"

"Are you sure June?" Row asks

If this had been asked to me before 5 years then I would have said no but as I am not the same person I was then I clearly, confidently say "Yes, I am sure"

"Okay so we need the spell ingredients and a knife." Meg says in a hurry

"I have a Knife, Ivan gave it to me just some time before. it is right..." oh I forgot it in my room. Agh."guys I will go and bring the knife you people search for the incredients till then" and saying this I rush out of the basement towards my room.

As I open the door of my room I see Ivan pacing around. Ours eyes meet and to tell you the truth he looked kind of dangerous for a moment. Did I mention he looked cute even in his dangerous mood? Because he did "where were you? It's midnight and you didn't even take your knife or your phone with you, how can you be so careless and irresponssible?" he asks. Wow! He looked even better while talking. focus June. You are in trouble here.

"I... Sorry" I murmur my eyes shiftting to face the ground as he closes the distance between us. i could almost feel his breathe on my face and my heart skipped a beat. Weird how this effects me so much. It's not like I have never ben close to a boy before but it's just different with him around.

He says softly "You need to be careful June, I don't want you to get hurt okay. Where did you go?"

I wanted to tell him everything but that was the problem. I knew he would never allow it to happen. Somehow I just knew it. I didn't want him to be worried but I knew at the same time that this was compulsary to save our friend.I saw out of the window and saw the full moon and realized there wasn't much time. I had to get out of here and lie to Ivan.

"Actually... I... I was... I was in the bathroom" Really brain? Really? Agh

"Bathroom? From three hours?" he eyed me suspiciously.

"Yeah, stuck. The door... Couldn't... wouldn't budge" I shuttered. Wow I do lie horribly. His expression was still the same. No change at all. I guess this wasn't convinving enough but no time to make stories now.

"I need to go and meet Hanorah down. She is...not well, my knife please" I say, my eyes still looking at the ground. I couldn't possibly look in his eyes and lie, this was hard enough.

"sure here" he handed me the knife and then turns away from me "I will be going down in some time, to keep a guard on the house, just informing you" he says slowly and then I get out of the room. I take a deep breathe as I close the door behind me. Something about him always makes me nervous.

I run to the basement and there I see meg and row mixing a few things and trying to read a few words while Hanorah is putting salt in near Kamria's chair so that if she wake up she can't escape. After 20 minutes Meg intensely looks at me "it's ready" she says almost in a whisper.

Everyone's eyes darken, somewhere in our hearts we all were scared. The only thing in my mind was what if I die? What if I am not able to be saved? But then there was no use of thinking these things.

"June? You sure about this" Row asks again

"yeah" I say but I am not.

"Okay guys, let's bring Kamria back" Hanorah says.

We all run downstairs towards the graden where the moon light's falling. It was hard getting there, we had to make sure no one else saw us, which was difficult as Dayna, nick and Ivan were really alert. For a moment dayna almost caught us but hanorah handled that situation.

When we reched the garden I stood near kamria with my knife and Hamorah poured the liquid which they prepaired around both of us in a circle. After that was over I tried getting out but couldn't. It was like a force which didn't let me out. Good. Then Row set up the candles around it and Ham lights all of them and Meg starts reading the spell.

"remember guys, if megs stops reading this then I die, Kam dies." I say and after that the knife in my hand burns my skin and I let go of it. there is a sudden pain inside me as Meg's voice becomes louder. I scream at the top of my lungs. There is this intolerable pain which I have never felt before. kamria also gets up but she isn't screaming, she just simply faints.

I keep screaming and tears roll out of my eyes as the pain rises in me until everything goes black. I can no longer breathe nor hear my heart beat. Wow this was hard.
Last edited by umaima on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Spirit Kamria

I watched as Rowan, Hanorah, June, and Meg tried to help get me back into my body. As soon as I found out that June was going to practically hurt herself, I objected. Appearing to June as they did the ceremony thing. She screamed, her eyes were teary. I put my hand against her and she immediately stopped screaming. "It's okay June." I tell her.

I felt my body get all limp and I guess I fell to the floor. I heard gasps, all of them must have seen me. "Look at her!" Rowan mumbled. My soul immediately transferred to my body and whatever blackness there was came tumbling out with screeches. "Ill kill you bitches!!!" It yelled before sinking into the floor.

I woke up in my own body, it felt weird, I seen everything that happened but yet I didn't all at once. My eyes opened and I was tied to something cold. "Let me out of this! I need to help June, hurry!!!" I yell. Meg untied me and I quickly went over to June.

Her wound had a lot of blood, but nothing I couldn't handle. "Stay with us June!" I say. Wiping up her wound I began a little stitch, it didn't require much, about 5 of them. I felt her breathing so I knew she was still alive. "Will she be okay?" Hanorah asked. I nod. "I think so." I say. I felt weird being inside my body, I guess it is because I haven't been in it in a few days.

I sigh and get up, bringing June up the stairs with me. Thank god she was a light weight to carry up like 2 flights of stairs. I seen Ivan from the corner of my eye and I just run with June. I don't think he saw me, we didn't really have time for questions. I got up to my room with her still asleep. Laying her down I just sit there.

Meg and Hanorah walk in and quietly close the door. Rowan must have stayed down stairs. "Should we keep this to only us?" I ask. Meg shrugged. "I don't really know, what do you think Han?" she asked. "Maybe we should tell the others, but now isn't the time." June said as she sat up. Hanorah looked slightly confused and just agreed with June.

I smile. Its a good thing I met these brave and amazing people.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 am
View Likes
ShadowHunter says...

After we had gotten rid of the ghost and the girls had gone upstairs, I wandered around on the main floor for a bit before going back down to the basement. I decided that I was going to go exploring down here, so I grabbed a flashlight and started to roam.

I walked about for about an hour down there, not really discovering much and getting bored. Finally I had enough and decided to go back upstairs. just as I was turning around when I felt a coldness surround me.

Hello, I see you survived. It was his voice. I was at one under his spell again.

Your meddling, I don't like meddling. He told me.

"I'm sorry, I will try to do better." I told him, my voice sounded sleepy.

I know that, I'm going to ensure that you won't be meddling in my business anymore. he whispered into my ear. Start waking, I will guide you. Some small part of me screamed out at the wrongness of the situation, but it was quickly smothered by the rest of me. I walked out of the basement and started to climb the stairs. On the second floor I ran into June who had just walked out of Kamria's room.

"he Row, where are you going?" She asked me. I could feel him close by, whispering what I was supposed to tell her in my ear.

"No where important." Was my dreamy reply, before brushing by her and continuing to walk. We passed by all the rooms and I expected to go into one of them, but he continued to direct me forward.

We reached the end of the hall and I was commanded to pull down the hatch in the ceiling and climb up the ladder. We were in the attic now, a small and dusty space. There was practically nothing in here except another door.

Open the door. He told me, now that small part of me was back with a vengeance, and it was telling me to run far and fast, but still I continued to smother it down. I opened the door and found myself on the roof. Wind buffeted me from all sides as I stepped close to the edge.

Walk to the very tip. I was at the edge of the roof now and i could feel drop beneath me, could see the grass below my nose.

Suddenly I hear feet coming up the ladder and voices.

"Row, what are you doing?" June asked me. I wanted to turn around to answer her, but I was transfixed to the spot. I could feel him going around to my back and he must have appeared to her because I herd her sharp intake of breath.

This is what happens to people who meddle! he roared. The next thing I knew, I was pushed off the edge. Finally free from his hold, I gave one short, shrill scream before I crashed into the unforgiving ground.
It is not the dark, but the unknown that we fear.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Dayna Thorion

The night passes uneventfully, for me. The beasts never move a muscle all night, and though it's eery, it's better than a full-blown attack. My watch passes and all seems well. Morning comes a blur. I am filled in by a Hanorah that is as bewildered as I am. What is all this about Kamria being possessed and June having to get hurt again in order to save her? I hardly even try to sort it out. Too much is happening too fast. Almost everyone here has been hurt or nearly hurt at some point, and things are just getting more dangerous and confused by the moment. I can barely keep up.

During breakfast I am my usual stony self. But Meg manages to slide up to me and give me a piece of advice: go wandering. Explore the house. Be alone, or semi-alone, with your thoughts and the house. Who knows, I may even stumble across something useful. Instead of letting it glance off of me like I normally do with other people's comments, I think about the advice. You know, it actually sounds useful. So later that morning, I take Sarge and a shotgun on a walk around the house. I start low, ambling around floors already familiar to me. Then I go higher, to the second and third floors where the bedrooms are. I stop by June to see how she is doing, as well as to check in with Hanorah. Sarge checks her over again, and she seems fine. I am relieved that her epilepsy is so mild, not nearly as violent or frequent as mine. I continue off, to higher levels. The house gets dusty and empty with each floor I ascend. I also get a sense of being watched. Okay... Creepy. Sarge is on his guard. That's never a good sign...

I don't sense it until its upon me, and I have no time to draw a weapon. A cold, dark presence sweeps up from behind and slams into my back like a brick wall. I am floored, and before I can do anything the thing digs its claws into my back and my body leaves the ground! I hear Sarge bark once before it takes me up and somehow through the ceiling, like I am no more than mist and shadow. I am rapidly losing consciousness. Its claws are like cold spears in my flesh that somehow also writhe in shadow. They have not broken my skin or shed my blood, but the pain they wreak on me is worse than physical injury. We've just gone through the attic floor when I slip into the dark...

It is a long time before I wake up. Tied to a chair. Still in pain. In an attic that is less than thirty degrees, despite the August weather outside. The thing that attacked me, whatever it is, is still behind me and I cannot see it. But I feel its icy fingers grab hold of the chair. Where they brush my skin, they seem to leave a residue of burning pain that is so cold it's hot. Like frostbite. The frostbite creature turns the chair away from the far wall, and as it is doing so it begins to speak to me in a hissing voice that sends shivers up my spine.

"You dare enter among our midst, we the restless undead. Have you come to torture us further? Why do you continue to keep us from the peaceful rest? Why do you draw us and imprison us here, then have the audacity to disturb us in our place? It challenges me as it leans the chair back on its hind legs. I suppress a wave of panic and mange to reply in a steady voice.

"I have no clue what you're talking about! I'm just here because Cal is-" the rest of my sentence is cut off when the creature screams in rage at the sound of Cal's name. It lets the chair drop as it recoils, as if stung. I fall over backwards with a crash, hitting my head on the chair back. I moan in pain and my vision swims. I can't catch a glimpse of the creature before it picks the chair up again and turns it, hissing threateningly at me. The chair is facing the other side of the attic now. At first, I see nothing. But then the shadows begin to materialize as my eyes adjust to the even lower level of light. "Que Dios me ayude!" I whisper in horror.

Growing from the shadows on the opposite wall is a seething mass of darkness. In the sinister folds of its shadows I see faces. They are the faces of Abigale the benevolent, the face of the one who had possessed Meg, the one who had possessed Kamria, and Abigale's lost lover, who is still being chased by her vengeful father. And there are many more. Many, many more. Their screams for release echo painfully in my ears, when they are joined by a scream of the living. I stiffen as it is cut off abruptly. "Who did you kill?" I ask, dreading the answer. The thing behind me chuckles and a spectral finger points to another face among the shadows. It is Rowan. Her face is wide-eyed and frightened, then it is swallowed among the shadows and all the others. Abigale swims to the front, frantically pointing and waving. The thing growls at her and waves her aside, and she is pushed from my view.

But not before I see what she was pointing at. I look below the seething mass and I realize what I am looking at immediately. It appears, to mortal eyes, to be a dagger. It is hypnotic in its terrible beauty, and it takes a superhuman effort for me to pull my eyes away. But its image is still branded into my mind. The pommel is made up of a piece of obsidian that is not smooth, but jagged and sharp. The handle is made up of smooth mahogany wood, and the blade is so long and thin and sharp that it seems thinner than paper. The blade is also stained with blood, old and new. It seems to glow black, if that is even possible. I know what it is. It is cursed, and it is what holds the spirits here. And I think I know how it works, too. And the prospect is not pleasant.

"What to you want from me? To set you free? To let you be? To join your ranks?" I ask the creature. It doesn't answer me immediately. But when it does, its insidious voice holds something far more than malice.

"We want revenge. Cal! Hah!" The creature spits the name like it's poison on its mouth. "We will have his soul. We will rip it apart! We will destroy him, and all of you, too! You should never have come here. Every single one of you shall die! The monsters of the woods are waiting for my command, and they shall wreak our terrible vengeance!" The thing crowed. As it did, it began to drift in front of me, obviously meaning for me to see it. My heart leaps to my mouth while, at the same time, my stomach plunges. I feel sick.

It's him.

The thing's body is still composed of writhing shadow, but the face! Oh, the face! His face is staring down at me, wearing the last expression I have ever seen on it. Tender and loving, hopeful and joyous. His lips, his hair, his skin, his voice! I remember it all, and my heart feels like it's going to burst. He looks just like he did the night he died. The night I couldn't save him. He reaches out a cold, painful finger and traces the scar on my face. "Why didn't you save me, Dayna? Why did you leave? Don't you want to join me? We could be together again, just like before." I stare into his eyes and I feel like that is it. Yes, that it what I want. Even if I have to leave this world, I would do anything to be with him again. His eyes are so familiar, I could just drown in them. I want to be with him again so bad that my head hurts.

But then, I see something in his eyes that wasn't there before. Behind them, behind the love and the familiarity, is hate. Hate and vengeance. Wait a moment, those aren't his! This thing isn't the man I loved so much! The creature is just using his image, drawing from my worst fears and direst hopes. The thing wants to hurt the others, to kill them. As soon as I realize this, the image of his face falls apart and the thing is just shadow. It shrieks in anger and lunges toward me, but I am faster. I lurch to the side, and instead of spearing me with its claws, it cuts some of the ropes. The chair topples over with a crash, and I am able to wriggle from the bonds. I have to save the others! They're all I have left!

I know what I have to do, and at this point I don't care. I leap forward and grab the dagger. It burns my hand and I scream in agony. Looking up with tears of pain in my eyes, I see Abigale's face peering down at me.

"You know what you must do." I tell her. She nods sadly, and dips back up into the shadowy mass. Suddenly, every ghost and shadow has streamed into me, invading my heart and body. They are led by Abigale, who has somehow dragged them into me along with her. My soul feels like it's going to rip apart at the seams! The ghosts raging inside my body are battering at my mind and I feel like I'm going to lose control. But I manage to lift my hand and, slowly, I push the dagger into my own breast.

I hear Cal's voice scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What have you done?!". As my soul begins to leave my body and my pain fades, I realize that the ghosts have left. They've gone to the other side, and that's where I'm going too. To rest.

At the end of a long tunnel, a blinding light shines down at me, beckoning me. I see his face, hear his voice, and this time I know it's him. As I run down the tunnel, years fall away from me. The scar fades from both my face and my soul.

Sarge knows the instant his mistress leaves. From his self-assigned post next to Hanorah's bed, he lifts his head and howls mournfully. Hanorah wakes up at the noise, to see the haunted grief in his eyes. She knows that instant that there's something wrong. Outside the mansion, the wolf creatures suddenly begin to move in towards the house, creeping through the fields with silent intensity. Dayna's sacrifice hasn't quite saved everyone yet...

Spoiler! :
Sorry it's so long, guys! But I'm officially bowing out. Yes, Dayna is dead. Yes, the ghosts are gone. But you still have the wolves to deal with. Good luck!

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:08 pm
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah.

I looked into sarge's eyes and I knew, I knew something was wrong.'Please, don't let her be hurt'I cried almost silently, 'or even worse, dead'

I jumped at of my bed as soon as sarge howled, I could hear the beasts growling outside but I didn't care.i had one mission:To help Dayna.

I ran around the house madly, crying out her name in frustration, and finally I got to the attic.

The sight made me double over and get sick, I felt the tears stream down my face.I didn't care anymore, I didn't care about never letting my feelings show, I didn't care!!My sudden rage shocked me.

Dayna....was one of the closet friends I had.We had looked after each other, but she had done more for me and I......i.. I didn't save her.

My knees gave way beneath me and I landed beside her body 'Dayna..' I croaked, a thick lump formed in my throat. 'I'm ..so.r.ry. I'm so sorry' I cried.

I held her limp body in my arms, feeling her blood messily dripping on my body, I didn't care about the beasts anymore.I didn't sign up for the crap.I had lost one of the people I loved most, and I never let people in.

I put my head againist hers, thinking how stupid it would look. I remembered all the teasing, all the jokes, all the times when we were there for each other.

I wept through the whole night, apologising repeatedly, seeing my tears staining her face, I wouldent let her go.No one is going to take her from my arms.No one.
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

35 Reviews

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Jordin

"What the hell is sleep anymore?" I laugh at my video camera, I've decided to video things would be fun, seeing I spend most the day here, on my bed, "I still haven't left the room. All I do is moan in pain. No one seems to care or take notice. Maybe, I could die, if I let her take me? Its not like-" I stopped, not, don't say that... I rub my head, "My cut aren't making any move to healing... Its weird, they sting so much... I haven't eaten in awhile. I'm starving," I sigh, "Okay, I'm going." I turn off the camera and stand up and change my clothes and pull a brush through my hair.

I hunch my shoulders as I slowly walked down the stairs, everyone must have been busy doing something real important, cause no one was down here. "What are you doing down here this early in the morning?" I turn around, then I turn the other way. No one.

"I'm ready." I whisper, "If you're going to kill me just do it now."

"Are you stupid?"

"No!" I growl, "I just don't want to be in here."

"No one does."

"But, you're a ghost. Why don't you make them?" I say looking around again and seeing a figure sitting on a chair. The moon was shining through the window casing their shadow on the floor.

"Oh, no, I'm no ghost." she laughed.

"Who are you then?" I say frowning.

Spoiler! :
Can be anyone... Sorry it sucks and I haven't posted in a few.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Meg

I took a moment away to think about everything that had happened in the time we had been here. Everything was happening so fast. Pain, death, beasts, ghosts. I was use to it all, just not really all at the same time. It was just a lot and I need a second to catch my breath. I was aimlessly walking around the house when I heard someone whisper.

"I'm ready." They whispered, "If you're going to kill me just do it now."

"Are you stupid?" I ask, him really thinking that I was going to do that.

"No!" he growled at me, "I just don't want to be in here."

"No one does." I state, thinking about all that has happened.

"But, you're a ghost. Why don't you make them?" He says, looking over at me.

"Oh, no, I'm no ghost." I say, laughing a bit.

"Who are you then?" He asks me. I get up and turn the light on.

"I'm Meg." I tell him. I see the frown on his face. "Sorry to disappoint you." I say, sitting back down at the table.

"Oh, no." I was not sure if he was lying or not, so I just let it go. "Jorden." He says.

"We have not really met in the time that we have been here." I say, laying back in the chair that I was sitting in. I look at him and see how pale he is and tilt my head. "Are you feeling okay?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Jordin

Meg asked me if I was alright, to be honest, I have no idea. "Yeah... I'm fine." I whispered taking a seat next to her. I hadn't met Meg till now,and she seemed nice. Her eyes lingered over my arms for a few seconds until they flicked back to my face,

"You don't look so good..." she put her hand on my forehead, "Jordin, you're really hot." she pulled her hand back.

"Well, thank you." I smirked, but I could feel myself burning up.

"Not that way," she snapped but blushed, "You're heating up a lot. Like a lot." she said worried.

"I'm a bit sick," I admitted, "Like mentally sick, I need to get my arms checked out, is here a nurse or anything?" I ask.

"Urm, I don't know." she shrugged, "You okay though?" she looked over my arms again. "What are you doing up?" she says.

"Couldn't sleep too good," I hold up my video camera, "I was gonna try and make a documentary or movie of the house," I laughed, "Pretty lame,"

"Nahh, thats cool." she smiled.

"Thanks," I laughed.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 pm
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Meg

Jorden made me think of my old good friend back at home. He seems cool, so I think I will get along with this kid.

"You don't look so good..." I tell him, putting my hand to his head, "Jordin, you're really hot." I pull my hand off his head and put it back in my lap.

"Well, thank you." He smirked.

"Not that way," I snap a little, but I can feel myself blushing, "You're heating up a lot. Like a lot." Even though I just met him, I am still a little worried.

"I'm a bit sick.Like mentally sick, I need to get my arms checked out, is here a nurse or anything?" He asks me.

"Urm, I don't know." I ask, "You okay though?" I look over his arm. He is so not okay, I do not know why he even said that. "What are you doing up?" I ask, knowing he really needs some sleep.

"Couldn't sleep too good," he sighs, holding up my video camera, "I was gonna try and make a documentary or movie of the house," he laughs, still holding it up, "Pretty lame,"

"Nahh, thats cool." I say,

"Thanks," He says, smiling.

I reach out for it, "May I?" I ask. He nods and hands it to me. I look it over and turn it on. "This is a nice camera." I turn it around and press the record button. I begin to make the most silly faces I can right into the camera.

He laughs at me and takes it out of my hands, still filming. "And this is the most scary creature yet. The Meg." He says it a funny voice.

I laugh, "Watch it or I will show you something scary." I say.

He turns the camera around to face him. "Told you." I laugh again and shake my head. Yep, we are going to get along. The lights flicker and I hear something break.

"Oh, something for your film." I say. I get up and walk towards whatever that sound was.

"Your that girl in the movies that tried to prove herself and go after the noise, but dies. Am I correct?" He asks.

"Well I have not died yet, but I guess you are right. Plus this is not a movie." I say. He holds out his camera and I stare wide eyed, becoming dramatic. "It is not looking good for me." I laugh.

Spoiler! :
This is in no way saying that she is going to die :) Hurt, maybe, but not die.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am
winterbites says...

Jordin

Meg is staring at the camera with wide eyes trying to be scared, but she cracks and laughs, I begin to laugh with her. I walk over and set the camera on the table.

"Meg! Noo." I say overly dramatic, "The ghost has got you!" I take her hand, "Here I'll save you!" I pick her up bridal style. Meg is giggling like crazy, "Shh, filming a movie here," I whisper laugh. Meg purses her lips, but smiles.

"Oh, you're a hero!" she squeaks without laughing, I drop her to her legs and run over to the camera.

"I wasn't sure if I got that last bit." I smirk at her, "Say it again?"

"No!" she laughed.

"Awwh," I pout and put the camera on me, "Isn't she a meany."

"Fine, fine!" she laughs.

"Jordin, you're my hero-" Meg stops giggling as the dull light flicks again. We both look up, me with the camera. "Did you see that?" she asked.

"Yeah.." I whispered, "Don't worry about it." I laugh.

"Well, I am. Let check it out!"

46 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:45 am
NicoleBri says...

Nick

I haven't seen much of the people In the past 18 hours, I just felt like laying in my room and having a little thinking moment. I look at my bag and realize I had brought my journal with me. I guess I should catch up on my writing. Grabbing it I flip to an empty page.

Dear Journal,
I am a guy, therefore you are not a diary. It sounds girly. Anyways, the past few months have flew by quickly, I miss my family. I have made quite a bit of good friends. Meg, she is adorable and always knows how to put a smile on my face. I don't know exactly what we are right now, but I know it cant get any more serious. I mean after a year we will be leaving each other, then where do we go from there? Maybe we should end it now? No. Then I would be miserable.

Dayna is a smart girl, so is Kamria. They are both good with medical things, maybe they will be in medical school one day? The guys are awesome too, I hate that we had to bury one of our own, but you gotta take risks to live out here.

-Nick

I got done writing my entry and slip it back into my bag after going over it. I smiled. It is good to get things off your mind. I get up and walk out of the room to go and get a drink. I heard Meg laughing and immediately went to see what was going on. I opened the door and all I seen was Meg in some guys arms looking into his eyes, "Your my hero." she said with a smile. My mouth dropped and I just stood there, I felt like an idiot.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 am
NicoleBri says...

Kamria

"You have no idea how great it feels to be back inside myself!" I say with a huge smile on my face, talking to June. She chuckled and winced. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Yes. Just hurting a little. "If it makes you feel any better, we don't have to fight over Ivan. He is yours." I say with a whisper. June's eyes sort of widened. Embarrassment showing.

"Is it that obvious?" she whispers with a laugh. "Well lets just say, when you are a ghost you start realizing and actually focusing on everything." I tell her. She laughs again but didn't wince. "I can't help it, I mean when he looks at me I just want to melt in a puddle." she says with a big smile and a sigh. "I used to have that kind of feelings with my ex. I was totally in love with him.." I say. "Well what happened?" she asked.

I stood up a moment and caught my breath. My heart still had this ache and yearn for him. "We had to break up. He went into the Air force, I just couldn't handle knowing I might lose him. He understood and we agreed that we needed too." I say with a lonely kind of sigh.

I miss him like crazy, that was 2 years ago, I haven't talked to him since the day he left. He should be back soon, his name is Jacob." I say.

- Ayn Rand

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer