z

Young Writers Society

The Salom Trials Reborn (Cancelled)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Matheson Bay is a small town located in Maine, it is modernised as best as it can be but there aren’t enough tourists to make any real definitive changes. The townsfolk are very secretive and at every turn it seems that there is a new person who seems to be hiding something. But despite this, people can tell who's new to the town, and who has been there for years since it is a reletively small town.

Recently Mayor Burghan has invested in the idea that the paranormal is plaguing the town, both male and female practitioners; this has led to everybody finding it hard to trust anybody. He has even gone as far as to believe that his own son is a witch, imprisoning him with the other suspects in a vault that is located beneath the library. Not many people know about this, only that there have been a number of disappearances lately; the mayor is secretly working to extinguish this threat from Matheson Bay.

And he is right, there are witches in Matheson Bay, but not just witches, Vampires, Werewolfs, and anything else that goes bump in the night. But the paranormal is policed though, by humans who know of the paranormal, these people are known as Hunters. Hunters are trained to deal with any sort of paranormal thing, you name it, they can deal with it. But the Hunters are few in numbers and rarely traval together in a group higher than three, and normally only two groups of Hunters in every town.

There can also be normal people who discover the paranormal, these people could want to join up with the Witches or Werewolves or Vampires. It could be a paranormal dream to them if they always wanted to be one, it's all up to how you want to react to the paranormal.

For the Witches in town, the Covens are fighting a civial war against each other, Covens via for power over all other Covens. One wants the Death Penalty back in place for the slightest use of unauthorized magic, the others think it's to extreme and would only bring back the dark days of the Salom Witch Trials.

For the Hunters, your fighting a civial war of your own, there are Hunters born with Witch Blood. Some Hunters disapprove of the use of magic, some others use it as a weapon against there witch enemies. Some believe this make those who use magic no better than the Witches.

And as for anyone else, you are either caught up in the two civial wars, or your a bystander watching the paranormal rip itself to shreads. Or just wanting to survive it all in the end. It's all for you to decide.

Spoiler! :

Race: A supernatural passerby? Are you a student at the local highschool? Or are you just crazy enough to believe the mayor?

Appearance:
Picture is desirable but not needed, include a description!

Personality:

History: How long they have known about the paranormal, how well do they know there own abilities, how long have they been in Matheson Bay, etc, etc.

Love Interests/Sexuality:

Other:
If you are a student at the high school then you will be able to role as your own parents, such as dinner conversation etc.

Slots
Spoiler! :
Nemier Loredo - Dante
Ash Bloodroot - Redfang18
Witch 3
Hunter 1
Hunter 2
Hunter 3

Other slots will be added based on who requests what.
]

Rules
Normal Storybook rules apply here.
Swearing is tolorated but don't just drop them like nothing.
I reserve the right to tell you to change your post as much as I wish, failure results in being kicked out.

Other stuff: Please tell me if you need me to add anything such things as for profiles.
Last edited by KingLucifer on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 pm
Redfang18 says...

Name: Ash Bloodroot

Race: Human/Warlock

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
The mark is a symbol of the Red Cycle Coven, a coven of which Ash once was second-in-command in. His hair is black as night with eyes like sapphires. He wears light blue clothes, but can be seen wearing either dark green or crimson from time to time. In his right hand, he carries a violin case that holds a red violin, his pride-and-joy that he calls Cherrywood.

Personality: Ash is quiet by nature, but not too quiet to be considered mute. He does a little talking from time to time, but doesn't talk magic or other things around people he doesn't trust. Whenever he's alone, he tends to play a full-sized violin to express his emotions. When it comes to making curses, Ash is bold in his words and has very steady hands. He's not really a regular type of guy, but he's just a guy being a guy.

History: Ash is the only son of master curse-casting warlock and a fire witch. After he was born, his mother couldn't have any more children. He was taught everything he knew since he learned how to talk and punctuate correctly. Since he was five years old, he was also given private lessons in violin due to having a passion for such instrument. He moved to Matheson when he was eighteen, about a month after he was given Cherrywood for his birthday. He was accepted into the Red Cycle Coven (which was a coven of eleven at the time) at nineteen years old and was second-in-command until he was bested by a rookie at twenty-one. Because a recruit bested him, Ash was demoted to second-to-last in the coven. It's been weeks since his humiliating demotion, but he's still keeping his existance as a warlock a secret from anybody he doesn't trust. As of now, he's a student who started late in high school.

Love Interests/Sexuality: He's bisexual by nature, but more on the female lean than the male.

Other: Ash is more of a curse-caster, an advanced-level of ritual-related curses, but not advanced enough to be considered a master of such area of magic even though he does some fire magic on the side. At fire magic, he's more of an intermediate level.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Name:Shiyera Stonewall

Race:Witch/Human

Appearance:She's a bit taller then average. 5'8. She's the tallest female in school, which automatically makes her stick out, and so does the Spiderweb tattoo on the right side of her neck (think Abby on Ncis). She also has a tattoo of a witch holding a scythe with the word Wicked on her lower right abdomen with a silver tear drop pierced navel and another one of a skull with a red top hat and a red rose on the back of her right shoulder. She has deep burgundy waves that falls just below her waist and Mocha brown eyes that go completely white when she's casting. She wears a pair of shades because her eyes make people nervous for some reason.

Spoiler! :
20130525_173512-1.jpg
20130525_173512-1.jpg (29.53 KiB) Viewed 723 times

20130525_173525-1.jpg
20130525_173525-1.jpg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 723 times

20130525_173542-1.jpg

Personality:She's a very sweet, but shy girl, but don't let that fool you. She's got a backbone of steel, and won't back down.She usually keeps to herself, and doesn't speak unless she has something to say. And once you get to know to know her as a friend, you'll realize she's one of the wildest people you'll ever meet. She has a passion for music like no other, and it shows when she's playing or dancing. She loves to let the music take her away in it's beautiful bliss.

History:

Love Interests/Sexuality:She's up for it, but is extremely shy when it comes to guys.

Other: Shiyera owns a white snake names Kitai she adores that is impervious to magic. She's also immune to her venom. She also has the ability to shoot witch fire that changes colors according to her mood, and can throw out her senses. This isn't really an ability, but when she meditates, things tends to float around her, and she levitates. This is only when I she meditates.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:25 am
wordsandwishes says...

Name: Evelyna Sorro (Eve or Evelyn for short)
Occupation: 'Student' to the public eye, but she's actually an assassin hired to kill a certain someone in town...

Race: Vampire

Appearance: Evelyna is thin, curvy, fair skinned, and physically flawless. She has amber eyes and long straight black hair. She also likes to wear shredded jeans and has an affinity for leather and lace.

Personality: Evelyna is selfish, and holds absolutely no regard for human life; She sees them as either toys or sustenance, and nothing more. She's fearless, reckless, and very persuasive. She's used to getting what she wants, and has a bit of a temper. Evelyna is also extremely manipulative, cunning, and cold hearted. Or at least, that what she wants everyone to believe.

History: Evelyna has lived for a very long time, and has made a lot of enemies. In particular the Hunters. Most don't know this, but she used to be one of them. A good one at that. However, one night something went wrong and the target-A vampire- was alerted of the attack, she was ordered to carry through with it anyway. In the end her partner was killed, she was bitten, and the rest left her for dead. She was saved and turned by another vampire who later recruited, and trained her as an assassin.
Because of the incident though, she harbours a great resentment of authority of any kind; One of the few times she did what she was told, her life was completely ruined.

Love Interests/Sexuality: Straight, she's looking for an equal so if you're human your chances are virtually non-existent.

Other: She wears a small silver bellybutton ring that protects her from the sun. She's also very experienced with the Hunters, and she's very old and very strong, so if anyone's looking to take her down it won't be easy.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:04 pm
Caesar says...

reserve me a spot.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 pm
darklady says...

Character submitted!
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew