z

Young Writers Society

The Magic School Bus (started but still accepting)

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 am
View Likes
Charlie II says...

The Magic School Bus: Danger in the Desert!

Ms. Valerie Frizzle is an enthusiastic teacher with a shape-shifting and time-travelling bus. One day she decides to take her class on a field trip to the Sahara desert when a sandstorm hits. Can Ms. Frizzle rescue the children and get them back to school in time? Or will she be the one who needs rescuing?

This storybook will be based on the premise of the Magic School Bus books and TV Show. Take a look here if you want to know more. The wacky field trips are led by the eccentric teacher Ms. Frizzle whose mantra is "Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!".

The story will focus on a field trip to the sahara desert but, apart from that, the plot is open for the SBers to decide.

Characters should be around the ages of 8-10 but still have vibrant personalities as the books and TV shows demonstrate! There is no limit to character slots and anybody is welcome to join. You can base them on the real characters or make up someone entirely new! The only thing I ask is one character per writer else things get a bit confusing for my poor brain.

Feel free to alter the profile format as you wish:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (Include a picture if you like)
[b]Personality:[/b] (just a few lines will do)
[b]Catchphrase:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] (just a few lines will do)
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:18 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

In! :D

Name: Isabelle Shan-Walters

Description:
Spoiler! :

Long haired, blue-eyes Isabelle is beautiful, but she's rather short. She's light and slim, though, with just a little baby fat remaining in all the right places.

Personality: She's intelligent, vivacious and bright - always smiling. She's always up for a challenge or a prank - it's easy for her to improvise, and she doesn't mind getting in a bit of trouble while she does what she does.

Catchphrase: That's the spirit! :D

History: Isabelle is nothing like her parents - for the simple reason that she's adopted. Her fathers had been married for three years before they decided to adopt a child. Her biological mom is still alive, but doesn't see her very often.#
(might edit the history a bit later.)
Last edited by xXmusicaXx on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Charlie II says...

It can be any character you like -- I think new original characters would be more interesting. ;) The only real requirement is to have them around 8-10 years old.
-- Woody Allen

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Gotcha - profile should be up in a few minutes. :D
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 am
niteowl says...

Checking in/bumping. I hope more people join this. Magic School Bus was the best. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:19 am
Iggy says...

I haven't seen the show in forever, but I'd like to join. :)

I've never played a kid before! Should be fun!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

166 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 am
Charlie II says...

The profiles are looking great so far, people! :) We'll get started in a day or two whether there are many more people or not. If anyone wants to join at a later date we can always weave it in somehow!

EDIT: @xXmusicaXx -- if you like you can also create a character page on the sidebar using the new SB tools. It's kinda neat to have a list of the characters down the side of the page! You can start by clicking "Create new character" and then the rest should be quite simple. ;)
-- Woody Allen

166 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 pm
Charlie II says...

Ms. Frizzle | Classroom

It was yet another glorious sunny day. The birds were singing, the air was clear, and the school buzzed with the sound of opportunities. Ms. Frizzle was hiding in the cupboard of her classroom waiting for her pupils to arrive so she could surprise them.

The kids were fresh from their vacations over Spring break. Many teachers would take this chance to get the children back under their thumbs. A lenient teacher might dedicate the morning to Show-and-Tell before returning to book work. But Ms. Frizzle had something entirely different in mind.

She was already wearing sandals with her favourite purple dress, and huge over-sized sunglasses balanced precariously on the end of her nose.

The last few kids trickled in to the classroom, wide-eyed and ready for some learning. Even Ryan was looking cautiously optimistic, and he was the grumpiest nine-year-old that Ms. Frizzle had ever taught! It was her aim this semester to get through to him. There had to be something he was enthusiastic about!

Ms. Frizzle decided to give the children a few more minutes to talk amongst themselves -- no doubt they had lots to catch up on after their vacations.
-- Woody Allen

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:59 am
Iggy says...

Mia Denbrough

"Mia!"

As soon as her mother dropped her off at the school's gates, she was instantly greeted by some of her fellow students. Mia waved to those she did and did not know, then shifted her teal backpack so it hugged her back securely.

She made her way on campus and to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast. As she walked over to her group of friends, she unwrapped her blueberry muffin and munched on it happily, until a hand reached out and snagged a piece.

"Hey! Give it back, James!" Mia yelled effortlessly as the boy smirked, then popped it into his mouth and scurried away. "I'll tell Ms. Frizzle!" She shrieked after him, then stomped her foot in anger.

"Ignore him." Her best friend huffed, coming to stand by Mia. They smiled and exchanged a big hug, then Mia gave Mariah a piece of her breakfast.

The bell rang. Mia and her friends finished their food, then threw it away on their way to Ms. Frizzle's classroom. Mia chatted with them cheerfully, talking about school and their vacation, while she pointedly ignored James, who was giving her a snarky grin from across the room.

The bell rang again, and Mia settled down into her seat, reaching into her bag for a pencil. She tapped it against the desk and watched the door, waiting for her eccentric teacher to enter the room.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae