z

Young Writers Society

The Silver Bullet Club:Hand of the Devil (Started/Accepting)

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:36 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Silas

The black Cadillac purred silently along the edge of the ravine. Silas had long since finished his business in the town square, and now he was here to witness a “test run.”

Joey would be useful, very useful indeed. Blind fool.

Colubra hissed contentedly from his shoulder, and he reached up to stroke her head. The headlights from the car pierced out into the inky night. He came to a stop when he reached the end of the guard rails.

Silas stepped out into the cool air and breathed in deeply. His mind was tied to Colubra’s, whose in turn was tied to Joey’s. He could sense his thoughts, know his movements.

Joey and the two investigators were on the move, quickly heading towards the source of a power signature. “This is interesting,” Silas murmured to his snake. He went over to the edge of the road and peered down into the ravine. The night was growing old, he didn’t have much time.

Silas stretched out his limbs and scaled down the steep hill side to the bottom of the trench. He moved swiftly through the forest with the coiled fluidness of a cat.

He only needed one thing from the Silver Bullet Club tonight, and it had almost happened into his grasp.

Consumed by his own thoughts, Silas barely noticed when another aura seeped in with Colubra’s, but he noticed soon enough. A burning, electric scent to the power. It was not his or his snake’s…

Silas grinned.

“Well, if it isn’t the little demon-killer, out to play in the dark.” He chuckled as Colubra tightened her coils around his neck, tasting his excitement.

“Tonight you will face eternity, boy.”
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:02 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

Em~Shack

"Eli-" I blinked, and he was gone. I cursed under my breath. I went to go after him, but hesitated. What if the seal broke again? What if I hurt him?

What if I killed him?

I swallowed back the confusing emotions of fear and longing and faced the rest of the group. "What now?"

"We can't go after him, it's too much of a risk," said Andrea. She gave me a pointed look."I take it things didn't go so well last time?"

I bit my lip and glanced down. I'd forgotten she was a mind reader.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" She said.

"I-"

"Now."

I sighed, and followed her out of the shack. The air was cold, and only worsened the churning in my stomach. "I was going to tell you."

"When?"

"When I thought you needed to know."

Her gaze sharpened. "How long have you known? How long have you been hiding it? How long have you been putting us all in danger Em? How long!" She shouted.

"It wasn't like that, I have it under control."

"No, you don't."

Anger sparked through me."And I suppose you'd know wouldn't you?"

Andrea set her jaw, but said nothing.

"You hear people's thoughts, I set things on fire. I could, quite literally, kill all of you in my sleep. You can make people do... Whatever you want. Yeah, you may have to exercise restraint in certain situations so you don't go dark side or whatever. But you don't have to worry about waking up tomorrow a bloodthirsty demon with no soul."

Her eyes widened slightly.

"So, if you ask me, I think I'm doing pretty well."

"That doesn't make you any less of a danger the group, Em." She sighs. "Until we figure this out, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I stand there, stunned. "What do you mean, leave?"

"I mean, take a vacation. Go home, go camping, Tokyo, Brazil. Just not here."

I glance down, a small tear slides down my cheek. I unfold my wings and meet her gaze what may be the last time. "Goodbye Andrea."

I launch myself into the sky, and soar off into the night. Too filled with sorrow to care as I feel the seal weakening. "I'll miss you."

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:36 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

~Akiza~

As my eyes open, I see a ceiling fan swirling slowly, and a wood ceiling as everything comes into focus. I felt like i'd just been pumped full of drugs and beaten on the side of a road. It wasn't a very nice feeling. Looking around, I don't see anyone else in the room with me but Daniel, who was sitting in a chair by the bed with his hand covering mine, and his head in my lap, fast asleep. I smiled as I ran a gentle hand through his oddly colored hair I love so much. He stirred in his sleep, turning and opening his eyes to look at me.

I smiled again, still running my hand through his hair. "Wakey wakey, old man."

He sits up and stretches his long arms before his hand finds mine again. "Hey. How ya feelin'?"

"Still feeling like crap," was my answer. "but a lot better than I was a while ago. I just need time to heal."

"Anything I can do to help?" he kissed my hand.

I look at him for a moment before saying,"Yes. There is something you can do to help me heal."

"What?" he looks at me.

"This," I grab him by his hair and kiss him.

I sigh into his mouth at the feel of his energy flowing through me and pull him on top of me.

"Not that i'm complaining or anything," Daniel murmurs breathlessly against my lips."but how does this help you heal?

"Sexual energy helps me heal faster. Yours." I pull him back to me and roll on top.

That must have satisfied him. Not another word came out of his mouth as he slipped his hands under my dress and rolled back on top. the energy pouring off of him and into me was almost intoxicating, feeling the way spread through my body made me shiver. Now I just wanted to rip his clothes off of him and-

"How's everything going in- Whoops!" the door opened and a guy i'd never seen froze as he saw Daniel and I on the Bed. "I should have knocked."

Daniel sat back and fixed the button on his shirt that i'd undone without realizing it. I propped myself up on my elbows before fixing the bottom of my dress. "That would have been nice, yes."

Not knowing what to say, he just turned and walked away, closing the door behind him. I laid back in Bed watching Daniel pull the back of his shirt down and sigh. "Some other time."

He held out his hand and pulled me up with a giant smile on his face. "Feeling better?"

"Much better," I smiled back. "Thank you for asking."

Spoiler! :
Sorry it took so long you guys, but I finally posted something. I'm just sorry it wasn't much. Your turn!!! :D
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:47 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

Em~Away

I'd thought the night would be darker, but the moon was high in the sky. I closed my eyes and let the wind carry me . I wasn't sure where I was going. I didn't really care, I'd lost everything I had so what difference would it make if I myself became lost as well?

I'm so sick and tired of feeling sorry for myself. I should've gone back by now, I should've tried to fix it, but a small voice inside me told me Andrea was right. I opened my eyes and dove towards the ground. I can't think about that, not now. Not ever.

I landed hard, crashing through trees and skidding onto the pavement on a road. I rolled onto my back.

"Ow."It didn't hurt that much, my arm was bleeding a bit though. What was wrong with me? Well, I reminded myself, it's not everyday you grow wings and go off to fly and wallow in your misery.

I folded in my wings and crawled into the shadows. It was there I felt the darkness tug at me once more. A hot pressure in the back of my skull pushed sharply. I winced and forced it back. I felt so weak and tired, and I began to cry. I just wanted it to go away, just go away... just...

It pushed again, but it was different this time, like a blanket wrapping itself around me. The pain went away, the sadness as well and I stopped crying. For once everthing inside my head felt... quiet.

I know now I should've known better, but at the time I just hadn't cared. And in the moment when I'd needed to the most, I didn't push back.

Without warning, power flooded through me and burned to my core, adreniline pulsed in my veins and I laughed until my throat was raw. I felt balanced, strong, and... happy? Yes, definitely happy. I was joyful. I stood up and stretched my wings. A small memory grazed the edge of my mind,"This is wrong", it said. I pushed it back, how could something be wrong when it felt so right?

I launched myself into the sky and spun up into the night. It wasn't at all like when my other half'd taken over at Eli's. This time I was in control. And it felt amazing. I tossed myself into half-hearted loops. I flew over the trees and spotted the shack, I passed it by; my presence would not be welcomed. They wouldn't understand. Eli wouldn't either.

However we had a common enemy didn't we?

I banked in the direction of the warehouse. Red flame tailing behind me from my fingertips. I swore to myself that even if I had to burn every splint of wood to the ground and hunt him to the end of eternity; Silas would burn.

Spoiler! :
Sorry I took a bit long, let me know if anything should be edited; my comp. doesn't have spell check or anything I've been a little scatterbrained recently X3

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes