Young Writers Society

Griffin 'Garbage' High (Open/started)

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm
Craz says...

The Plot:

Spoiler! :
Griffin High is a half attempt to cover up the fact that all of its students and staffs are the leftovers of other high schools; people that no one wanted to deal with. Out first it started out as a rehabilitation school so even the rotten eggs could get an education and could have a chance to earn a decent living, but instead it ended up being a cesspool for people society had scraped off its shoe and left on the sidewalk. Love, sex, and drugs rule the school instead of the teachers, and gangs flash their signs fearlessly in the hallways. The teachers, being too hopeless and lazy, pass the kids with an exact 70.
Griffin High's reputation is so rotten that people have nicknamed it Griffin 'Garbage' High. Anything can and will happen at this school, from the most twisted taboos to murder.
To make matters worse, Griffin High sits on the border of two gangs, the Snakes and the Metals (I couldn't come up with anything better). Whether your family is bullied by one of these or you are an honorary member, people tend to watch their mouths when talking about these bellicose groups, but this SB is not focused completely on them.
This SB is in a urban/city area.

The Rules:

Spoiler! :
1) NO godmodding, because my character will automatically grow machine guns and shoot yours in the face.
2) I said taboo, not voodoo. No magic or sparkly fingers here.
3) Don't be a Mary-Sue; this is an SB for enemies.
4) Sex and romance is allowed, no details.
5) Swearing is allowed.
6) Be active or your character will die a horrible death from me, and I am crazy. End of story.
7) This is a Crazycrat; I have ultimate rule.
8 ) 8) Have fun~!

The Spots:

Spoiler! :
1) Crazycraz ~ Vivian Moore
2) Ignorance ~ Elizabeth "Lizzy" Redmon
3) ReisePiecey ~ Harvey Amos
4) Nike ~ Nicolet Kenzie Franz
5) onedarkhorizon ~ Reserved
6) Desticakes101 ~ Austin Ramirez
7) Pandabear7 ~ Tyler Clark
8 ) Pandabear7 Abbeygal Duncan
9) Desticakes101 ~ Jolie Torres
10) TheAlibi ~ Blair Leonora Chesterfield

Teachers/Other:

1) Blackwood ~ Prof. Mudge (teacher)
2) Nike ~ Tobias Greenwood (student from another school)
3) ddman18 ~ Joseph Henger Johnson (volunteer)

This SB will always be open!!!!

P.S. Try to keep the genders and years even.

P.P.S. Anything taboo is allowed in this Storybook, and every now and then I will throw in a new conflict/event when the SB starts to slow down. Try to be creative when making your profile(s) if you wish to join.

P.P.P.S. PLEASE check in and be active in the DT! I will make it as soon as the first person posts their profile.

The Profile:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance (picture accepted)[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Up for Love[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
Last edited by Craz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 pm
Iggy says...

Oh, yes. I like this SB. ^-^

Count me in. Reserve me a spot, female? :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 pm
Blackwood says...

Can I make a teacher character?
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

77 Reviews

Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 pm
Craz says...

Sure
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 pm
Sassafras says...

Male please! Time to mess stuff up. Can we be in the gangs?!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

77 Reviews

Wed May 29, 2013 11:40 pm
Craz says...

Yep. Anything is basically allowed.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 am
Nike says...

Can I join? A female? I can make two profiles if that's possible, male and female. One being a student of Griffin and other as bystander?
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

332 Reviews

Thu May 30, 2013 3:13 am
Blackwood says...

I can kind of expect the types of characters that will be made for this storybook, but I have my hopes up that people will be creative. :)
I can put my profile up whenever. I just need to think of a name.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 am
Sassafras says...

Name: Harvey Amos

Appearance: Harvey is 5"11 and at first glance seems a bit too lanky to be any measure of intimidating. His arms and legs are long and thin, but he has a fine buildup of muscles that show mostly around his arms and stomach. He's stronger than he looks, but because he's a bit thinner than most, new kids coming into the school try and challenge his authority. These kids are quickly shut down. Harvey's eyes are dark green, almost black, and he's tanned dark from the sun. His hair is long and unruly, he has better things to do that don't involve coming it. Usually, it's in its natural state, both wavy and curly and brushing his neck. His face is narrow and his features sharp. His eyes are narrowed and slanted, his nose thin, and his mouth wide. He has a scar cutting through his left eyebrow and a few scattered "beauty marks" - one beneath the left corner of his lip, two dotting his right brow, one on the bridge of his nose, and another on his right cheek. His back and chest are covered with burns and scars he'll tell you were earned in fights, but that's only half of the truth.

Personality: Harvey's personality revolves around the fact that he doesn't like being talked down to, opposed, ignored, or silenced. He believes that he should have the right to voice his opinion and do whatever he feels like he needs to in order to assert dominance. He's smarter than he looks in the sense that he's a manipulator and expert lier. He has to be. He's quick to fight, a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy. He isn't afraid of confrontation. In fact, he thrives on it. Harvey is really aggressive and temperamental. He can't stand hearing people talk about him no matter what they're talking about, or people looking at him too much. He's touchy and doesn't like having contact with people he doesn't know, or even people that he does. He's actually really picky. And testy.

(Sorry, there wasn't a Personality section, so I added my own.)

History: When Harvey was eleven years old his mother died of untreated breast cancer. A year later, Harvey's dad got remarried. That same year, Harvey contracted the AIDS virus from his step-mother. Seven months after Harvey's dad contracted AIDS on his wedding night, he died. Harvey's stepmother, Yvette, shared her medicine with Harvey, but not with his dad, causing Harvey to continue living. Three months after Harvey's dad died, Yvette got remarried.

Backtrack to the seven months of Yvette's and Harvey's dad, George's, marriage. During those seven months, Yvette sexually assaulted Harvey almost every day. The torment was non-ending, and George was too busy with work - and being sick - to notice much of anything, especially not the lying, cheating, scheming ways of the woman he claimed to love. Yvette is an expert liar and is the model that Harvey gets most of his bad traits from. Even before they got married, Yvette behaved inappropriately towards Harvey, and, if she was honest once in her life, she'd admit that the only reason she married George was to get closer to his son.

After George died, things didn't really change other than Harvey had one less person to hate. That was until Mike moved in, a nasty fat drunkard, and started to beat Harvey. Harvey never questioned why all of this was happening to him, but rather handled it all quietly in silence while it was happening, and then went out to fight to let off some steam. This is how he learned to express himself, through anger and violence. He was never one to reach out for help, to seek a shoulder to cry on, or to even open his mouth to complain. He accepted his fate, got up, and then let out his anger on some punching bags or - more likely now - someone that looks at him the wrong way. The only person who really knows about Harvey's trouble is his land lord, Jene.

When Harvey turned seventeen and his "guardians" left him to go off on some trip, it was very close to the best day of his life. By that time, though, he'd already too many scars to count and a rotten attitude. Harvey now lives alone, supporting himself entirely off of the money he makes dealing drugs for his gang and working a side job as a waiter. Thankfully, Jene has had enough pity on him to let him stay in an apartment without having to pay rent, only utilities. Still, Harvey doesn't make much money that stays in his pocket. He can't always afford to eat on the weekends, or shower in places that aren't the school's gym. Most of his money goes towards his medicine, doctor visits, and the gang.

Up for Love: He won't be actively seeking love for reasons I believe have been made obvious. In case you didn't read any of the stuff above - and I don't blame you for it, it's pretty long - he has AIDS.

Other: Juvenile leader of the Snakes. So basically he leads all the still-in-school Snakes members. Hangs out mostly in the gym and on obscure street corners. On weekdays you can find him working.

He has a bad predisposition to women.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 am
onedarkhorizon says...

Can I reserve a female please? :)

77 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2013 11:16 am
Craz says...

The DT is created~!

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=98000&p=1144305#p1144305

I officially ban talk in the SB that is not posts or profiles :).

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:09 am
Desticakes101 says...

ooooo i would like to reserve a guy please! Austin Ramirez!
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:24 am
NicoleBri says...

I would like to join!!

Name: Tyler Clark

Appearance (picture accepted) Tyler is dark complected with dark gray eyes. He doesn't smile that much but when he does, you must have really made him happy. He is 5'11 and has black hair to his eyes.

Personality: He tends to have a sad vibe if you are around him, he doesn't like talking to people much because of his history with humans. On the other hand he loves animals and thinks of them as welcoming. He isn't mean to others but a little shakey.

History: When Tyler was younger, around 10, his dad cut him in the face with a knife because of a fight they were having. He has a big welted scar right beside his eye. His mother never helped him when his dad hurt him and burned him, so on and so forth. They finally sent him away to a camp, at least that was what he thought it was, but it turned out to be the school for unwanted people.

Up for Love Not really, unless you want to try and take a break through.

Other: Sometimes he ends up talking to himself without him actually knowing that he is. Also when he was about 8, he thought he had found the girl of his dreams. Abbey. They had their first kiss together. But she moved, her parents were also abusive, they talked about their pains together but never let anyone else know.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:30 am
NicoleBri says...

Female to please!!!

Name: Abbeygale Duncan

Appearance (picture accepted) Abbeygale has long brown hair with curls in it, she is only 5'8 and she has a scar on her leg from a fight with her parents.

Personality: Abbeygale is laid back, she always has a smile on her face although she really has no reason to. Her history has left her miserable inside but she doesn't let it show. Everyone gets along with her.

History: Abbeygale was beat by both of her parents a lot when she was younger. She later stuck to drugs to help her from her misery and got addicted to cocaine and drunk a lot. Her child hood love was Tyler, they talked about everything when they were younger, and somehow kissed. Soon after, she moved away and the beatings got worse. She was eventually sent to this school at age 17 because she finally stood up for herself and drop kicked her dad in his face for trying to molest her.

Up for Love Maybe...but probably not.

Other: Her heart still misses Tyler although they were young, she never forgot him.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

332 Reviews

Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:02 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Name: Prof. Mudge. Most simply call him Mudge.

Appearance: He pretty much looks and behaves like a homeless asylum escapee who wandered into the school and raided the drama departments costume closet. He probably is just that.
He occasionally likes to wear an eye-patch. Especially on Thursdays.
He sometimes has on a colonial shirt + pirate boots. Or perhaps he is wearing that dirty old poncho. This one time he was wearing firefighter pants and his hair was slightly singed.
He has enough stubble to not quite be a beard. His chin is square and his face is gruff and looks quite old.
His hair is completely crazy. He is not going bald but it is grey. For some strange reason the roots are brown.

Personality: He appears to be insane. he preaches about some weird religion to all the students instead of teaching. He has some weird ideals, his personality is best shown rather than told.

History: He is a science teacher. Head of Biology. His classes are strangely popular. Especially with first years.

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy