z

Young Writers Society

ATTENTION STORYBOOKERS: Your input is needed.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm
Ego says...

I'm no speaker for Nate, but it would seem like retro-active awarding of the badges would be appropriate, so as to not trivialize the work that storybookers have already put in.

That being said, it'd be kinda epic to start everyone from scratch and have a race to the top ;D
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 pm
StoneHeart says...

I agree.

>> Not biased <<
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

Reviews: 3
Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:17 pm
TheAlibi says...

So my questions to you are as follows:
- What can we do to make YWS' Storybook Experience better for you?

Everyone who has mentioned workshops, tea parties, etc. of any sort, hats off to you for the brilliant idea. I really think that the storybooks should be somehow categorized, otherwise the new ones often get pushed to the bottom where they will never be discovered and leave an author sad and SB-less. I love the idea of categorizing them by "open" and "closed" SBs or by genre. I think categorizing them by open/closed would help keep some from being pushed to the bottom and encourage SBs to not die out, while sorting them by genre would make it easier to pick through the new SBs and find one that really interests the member (so they will be more likely to stay involved).

- What do you think are the main flaws or weaknesses that Storybook Writing on YWS has?

The people, not the SBs. Back in the day (when I was Kaywiia), and I first started SBs, they were amazing and I looked forward to reading the new posts every day. People put a lot of time and effort into storybooks. For example, the Robin Hood Gang storybooks had four parts, with many dedicated members that stayed with the story through each 'chapter'. There were many other cases of this around the time I started, but these I happened to be involved with. People used to care about SBs and their characters more, now they drop out/lose interest too easily and readily.

A short survey.
As opposed to a tall survey?

In how many storybooks have you participated in the last six months?
How many of those storybooks were active for more than a month?
0 (one just started)
How many of those storybooks had more than 75 posts?
nada
My favorite storybook I ever participated in was:
As Kaywiia, it was The Robin Hood Gang series all the way.
Now, I love Griffin High, though it seems to be dying out because only four people are still posting.

Up to 5 Past or Present AMAZING Storybookers:

Shout out to all my Griffin High peeps!
@Ignorance
@crazycraz
@ReisePiecey
@Nike

also, from my earlier days in SBs:
@RedBird
@BenFranks

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria