Young Writers Society

Shipwrecked is Back

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon May 27, 2013 1:53 am
Sassafras says...

Sebastian Cole

Sebastian starred out into the sea, his eyes heavily lidded, his chin rested on his hands folded on the railing. Around him, his friends were chatting happily and loudly, obviously trying to make up for his silence. Every now an again, a hand found its way to his shoulders and gave a light squeeze, almost undetectable, before pulling away, only a ghost whisper of its touch left behind. Seb sighed though his nose, closed his eyes, and only furrowed his brows a little when he felt fingers worm their way through his mess of hair.

"Come on, Sebby, have a drink."

Someone, more than likely Adam, pushed a bottle into his hand. Sebastian grabbed it, but didn't do anything more than that; he simply held the bottle in his hand, shut his eyes to the scenery, and focused on the feeling of hands in his hair, pulling and combing through the strands like Courtney used to do. Another hand rubbed his back, and he knew that with Stephanie, without a doubt.

"Just.. let go, sweetheart," she whispered into his ear. "Just drink, all right? Have some fun."

After planting a long kiss to his temple, she raised up, bringing him with her. Sebastian groaned and, before he could completely open his eyes, Adam raised the bottle in his hands up to his lips. He rolled his eyes and snatched the bottle back into his full control. With a glare at his surrounding party, he took a long swig. The alcohol burned his throat as it went down and settled in a warm pit at the core of his stomach. It made him feel instantly better.

With a small cough, he lowered the bottle on the rail of the ship and wiped his mouth.

"Happy," he growled out.

He tried to be angry, but felt a small smile slipping onto his expression. Everyone around him cheered.

So, baby's basically getting drunk because he's sad.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Reviews: 0
Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 am
Ipod says...

Spoiler! :
the ship will leave port soon :)
Let the past live behind you not with you ,let the present live with you not behind you.

Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 am
Ipod says...

-Jay Jay-

I walked around the ship as it set sail , while i walked around the ship i sung Clarity by Zed ft foxes , after walking around i came across this man , who looked sad and was being comforted by what i assumed to be friends , so i walked on , and kept singing , i explored the ship for bout half an hour or more , when i came back to the same spot i realised i had gotten lost.

i turned around to see if there was a map on the wall behind me but there wasn't , the same man was still there so i walked over to him , and tapped on his shoulder
"Hello " I said
"Hello" he replied
"uhmm my names Jay Jay" i said
"My name is sebastion but you can call me seb" he said
"Im kinda lost , could you help me find the cabins please?" i asked.
Let the past live behind you not with you ,let the present live with you not behind you.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 am
Dutiful says...

Spoiler! :
@Ipod could you give the link for the DT of this SB?

Tasha Ozera

I was just about to finish packing my luggage when there was a soft knock at my door.
"Come in!" I called, zipping up the last bag. My mom opened the door and came in followed by my dad.
I sighed and sat on my bed and looked at anywhere except my dad.
"Tasha.." my mom said softly.
I looked at her sharply and said, " Mom, I am not having this discussion again. I am leaving for this cruise and that's it."
"No, honey, we came here to apologize," she said softly.
"Would you just give it a res-wait, what?"
"We're sorry for forcing you. You have every right to choose your career, sweetie," she said.
"Dad?" I asked tentatively, looking at him for the first time in 2 days. People said I took after him in appearance and personality. I just didn't get it. Appearance wise, I looked like him, black hair and eyes, but personality? No, he's too stubborn and never listens to anybody's opinion once he's made up his mind. Oh. Well maybe, I am a bit like him.
Dad looked at me and said, " I am not sorry for asking you to take over the family business."
"Tim!" my mom exclaimed.
"What? We need a successor and too bad she doesn't have a brother whom I can pass it on to!" Dad yelled.
Were they seriously going to talk about their family planning again?
"Dad! I don't want to take over the family business. Can't you understand that?" I yelled.
"Well, do you have any other career in mind that you've forgotten to mention to us?" he asked with a knowing smile.
"Didn't think so," he said flatly when I didn't respond. Mom stood in the back watching our banter with tears in her eyes.
"Tim! Your daughter is leaving this house for a week! Couldn't at least be nice to her till she returns?" mom asked.
"Till she returns? Thanks mom," I spat the words and stormed out of the room with my luggage.
I stopped at the front door and turned around. My granny was standing behind me with a warm smile.
"Granny," I said giving her a hug.
"Come back soon, child. I don't like the weather at all," she murmured.
"What are you saying granny? Its a perfectly sunny day."
"Not for long, dear," she said and gave me another hug. I looked up at the stairs where I could still hear my mom and dad arguing. Over me.
I was glad I was taking this cruise after all. I needed a break. Big time.
"Bye granny. I'll come back soon, I promise."
I turned and walked towards my car. I didn't go far before my mom came yelling behind me.
"Tasha! Sweetie!" she yelled. I didn't turn around, just got in to the car and asked my driver to take me to the port.
"Tasha, we're sorry! We love you! Come back soon!" she called after me.
My only response was a nod as I closed the window, not bothering to turn back and wave.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

Mon May 27, 2013 6:21 am
Ipod says...

Spoiler! :
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97956

not sure if that link is clickable but there is the dt link!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 am
ToBeMe says...

Ty

I hold the ticket tightly in my hand as I get into the car, watching out the window as Jay Jay darts up to her room.

“Did you have fun at your friend’s house?” My mum asks as we begin to drive off and I nod silently, wondering how to ask. How I can possibly try to convince her to let me go on a cruise halfway across the Ocean.

My mother. Who doesn’t even like driving over bridges, some days because she’s scared of breakages.
“Why so silent?” she asks halfway through the drive, a smile still on her face, “This isn’t exactly like you, Ty. Not that I’m complaining.”

“Well, Mum...” I start and she lets out a sigh, glancing over at me with a small smile.
“Okay, I probably should have seen this one coming. What is it that you want this time?”

I grin, “Well... see, me and Jay Jay just went to see her grandfather and, uh, he gave us... these presents.”

She eyes the box on my lap suspiciously, “What kind of presents?” “um… tickets?”
After that she basically pulls up the car then, “What kind of tickets, Ty.” I cough awkwardly, “ boat tickets.”
She’s silent for a second and I see her hands tighten on the wheel.
“No,” she says, “Absolutely not.”
“But, Mum. It’s just a cruise.”
She doesn’t say a word but just shakes her head. “I don’t want you going on a cruise... especially not by yourself.”
“Mum, It’s a 5 star cruise. Technically, there should be other people there.”
Her lip quirks upwards a bit, “That’s not what I meant, Tyler. And you know it.” I shake my head, trying to think of something convincing,
“You said you went on a cruise,” I remind her, “Jay Jay’s mum tells us stories, you know... about your... earlier days.”

My mother shakes her head, “Oh, she does, does she?”
I nod. “She tells us a lot, actually. When you’re not around... Like how you were only 17 when you went. By yourself, let me add.”
We drive in silence for a while, down the road, to the shops.
We don’t talk much through all that. Except when we need to but driving home she looks over at me and says,
“Fine.”

“What?”

“fine. You can go. By Tyler, I swear, if something happens-“ I’m grinning. “It won’t! It’ll be fine!”
We pull up in front of our house and she takes a deep breath then, “Alright. You should probably get packing then. You wouldn’t want to leave anything behind.”
I smile, “thanks mum.”

She shakes her head. “And don’t forget to pack a med kit. You don’t know what could happen out there.”
“I will.” I pretty much leap out of the car after that and sprint upstairs to pack my bag.

*************************************************************************************************

I walk up to the ramp and onto the ship, passing the ticket to the man near the first door.
“Welcome to the Déjà vu, sir.”
A few minutes later I’m walking around the long spiralling tunnels underneath the deck. Damn it! Where was this room?

It all sounded so easy when HE explained it.

Each door has a number printed in gold on the front and I look back down at my key, almost to make sure that the number hasn’t changed in the last 50 seconds. Into something easier to find, maybe?

Nope. I’m just not that lucky.

Finally I come into the rooms labelled into the 400’s and let out a breath. I HAVE to be getting closer now. 451…. 451… 451

Eventually I find it, push open the door and dump all my backs onto the first thing I see. Luckily for me it’s a chair… and not something really breakable.

Dodge jumps up onto the other end of the chair and lays his face in his paws. I grin, looking around the room.
It’s nice… like REALLY nice.
But I don’t want to be stuck in here forever… I turn back to the door.

“Come on Dodge. Let’s go back outside,”

He makes a sound that could almost pass as a groan but gets up to follow me back outside anyway. Surprisingly it doesn’t take half the time to get back to the deck and before I know it I’m surrounded by a giant crowd of people.

Wow…. People here REALLY like the deck.

I shake my head and look around for Jay Jay.

Nowhere to be seen.

Instead I walk over to the first food stall I see. I’ll find Jay Jay later… but right now, food is sounding really good.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:34 am
Dutiful says...

Tasha

Déjà vu

I let out a low whistle. The ship was really big. But I'd never really been on a cruise, so there.

I handed my tickets to the man standing at the door. He checked it and said, "VIP cabin for you ma'am. Its right up the stairs. Enjoy your trip."

VIP suite. Of course. Leave it to dad to book the most expensive cabin. As i turned to pick up my luggage, I saw a bellhop already heaving it towards my cabin. Ah, nice. I followed him and reached a big wooden door. The bellhop dropped my luggage in the room and waited expectantly.

I gave him a big tip, thanked him and locked the door. It felt so happy to be away from them!

I started unpacking when I felt my stomach growl. Food. This can always wait.
I quickly changed into jeans and a cream coloured shirt and stepped out of the room, unsure where to go. This ship should really come with a map.

I walked a bit and spotted a guy walking in front of me. Maybe he can help. I ran up to him and called out, "Excuse me!"

He stopped and looked around. I ran to his side and said, "Um, hi. I was wondering if you could tell me the way to the dining area."

He stared at me for a moment and said, " I was looking for the same. Lets search together."

"Sure. I'm Tasha, by the way."
"Ty."

We walked in silence and I sneaked a glance at Ty. He was rally good looking, blue eyes and all. There was mischief in his eyes and I was sure he meant trouble. I smiled to myself.

"Ah here we are," Ty said suddenly. I looked up. Man, this dining room was gorgeous. This was so my place, my haven. If I could marry this room, I would.

"Really?" Ty asked me, grinning.
"Wha- OH! Did I say that out loud?"
"You did," Ty started laughing.
Oh man. My cheeks reddened and I looked away, clearing my throat. "Er..I..um..love.."
Damn, I couldn't get one word out.
He stopped laughing, looked at my helplessness and started laughing once again. "Its alright. This place is really impressive," he said in between chuckles.
Holding on to what little dignity I had, I cleared my throat and said, " Okay, here we are. Thank you Ty. See you," and I walked towards the food.

I picked up a plate and eyed all the yummy food served on the table."Are you going to be taking anything at all?" Someone asked from behind me.
I hastily dropped a few items on my plate and sat at a corner table, away from all the guests.

Yumm..

In between bites, I looked around and saw Ty talking to a girl. God, she was beautiful. Must be his girlfriend. I wasn't surprised. I reflected back to my own non existent love life and sighed. Some things are meant to be.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 am
View Likes
ToBeMe says...

Ty

I laugh watching as Tasha walks off.
She was definitely right though... This place is beyond amazing.

And just to think. This is ONLY the dining room. I still have to see the REST of the ship...

Just then one of the employees comes over, “Sir. You’re dog-“
I look down at Dodge, who is sitting impassively by my side and smile,
“Sorry. I didn’t actually mean to bring him down here... He just followed, I guess?”
The man nods, “That’s alright. But animals aren’t allowed in the dining hall. He’ll have to wait outside.”

He reaches out for the leash in my hand.
“Yeah. Of course,” I say as a group of people stream past us and over to the food carts, “Can Can you put him somewhere out of the way though? He, uh, doesn’t really like big crowds.”

The man nods and I hand over my leash watching as Dodge walks behind the guy and out a side door.

Just then, Jay Jay decides to make an appearance.
“Ty! There you are!”

I grin, looking up. It’s about time she showed up. And now I won’t even have to sit alone!
“Hey, Jay.”

She looks around to room, taking in the food on the tables, “So... do you want to eat or what?”

My stomach grumbles once then for impact and I roll my eyes, “What do you think?”
She just smiles, grabs my sleeve and pulls me to one of the food carts on the left side of the room.

We grab some food- well lots of food actually- and begin searching for a table. Which at this time is not looking like an easy feat, seeing as tons of people have poured in since I first got here.

I look across the room and catch Tasha’s eye across the room... sitting at a relatively empty table.

I grin, coming up with an idea.
“Hey, Jay Jay... let’s go sit over here!”
We walk over to the table and I drop down in a seat next to Tasha.

“Hey. Mind if we sit here?”
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:31 pm
Ipod says...

Spoiler! :
something is wrong with the posting , because i posted and now its gone.. so i dont know whats wrong , feel free to still post but make a extra copy so if it dissapears , you can repost it:)

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye